It's that time Sup Forums. Get it off your chest

>I think I may have a problem. Family Guy has become to painfully unfunny to me that I actually get angry from just looking at it.

>SU has lost it's original charm for me. It's just "colorful lesbians crying". I wish the show would focus on Steven more

>While I agree Korra wasn't as good as ATLA, it's not nearly as bad as everyone says imo. My only real gripe with it was that the ending was forced (And that dumb korrasami ship)

>nuPPG is fine. Not better than the original, but not hitting TTG levels of shit. I like it.

>I'd like RegShow more if Mordecai wasn't such a fucking beta male. It just took me out of it, and I'm glad it's ending.

>I'm not that excited for Foster's Home's upcoming special. The show went downhill after the first few episodes (due mostly to Bloo)

>South Park is getting preachier and preachier every episode

>Obligatory "Pony Show is alright" comment

>SVTFOE is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time

>The Gravity Falls ending wasn't as bad as Sup Forums whines about it being.

I often tell people I'm a Christian just when I want to take a position of moral authority but I'm actually an occultist by definition

Penis!

PENIS!!!

TTGO at its WORST is still way better than NuPPG at its best.

SIX CORN CAKES
I ATE SIX CORN CAKES

I... I...
I enjoyed Avengers Age of Ultron

There is a huge division between the two actual topics of the board. I just want to discuss comics and cartoons, but every other thread turns into a war with one side bitching that the other is cancer.
I blame Sup Forums for this shit.

i think i`m starting to like Mighy Magiswords, and its not because of waifu...

>Big Hero 6 is my favorite movie
>The only cartoons I've watched since KOTH ended are Miraculous Ladybug and Voltron Legendary Defender
>I think BvS is a fantastic movie and unironically can't wait to watch JL
>Not really Sup Forums related, but I'm cautiously optimistic about the Power Rangers movie. It looks ridiculous enough to work and the Pink Ranger is a 10/10
>The only Marvel comic I follow is Ms. Marvel, which I've stopped reading because of the crossover events
I write shipping fanfiction based on Voltron Legendary Defender, Miraculous Ladybug, Big Hero 6, the Teen Titans cartoon, and the Flash show
>Family Guy made for decent background noise before all the grotesque/protracted violence/sex became the order of the day.

Yeah I have my TV on in the background sometimes and I've grown to like the kinda fast paced banter between characters. Although there's not much more I like about the show OTHER than that.

Sup Forums has became to pessimist about everything.

Sup Forums has always been incredibly pessimistic, half the people here would kill themselves if they had the chance or the courage.

anyway, i think the iron man hate on this board is way too prevalent, like i know he's not the best hero, but come on, tony has had great runs and two good films, i don't understand why you gotta hate on my nigga so much

I have never seen hate toward comic Stark, only RDJ Stark.

Thats not a confession, it is a good movie, Sup Forums is just so rabid to hate it

nah, I've been here like, 8 years now and Sup Forums used to be a lot more optimistic and willing to actually talk about stuff. Of course there were always assholes, but it was never as prevalent as it is now.

really? i can't escape it. I've always seen so much shade thrown at Tony for no reason, like it's insane. Like all i get as responses are "he only had one good arc" and "no one actually like iron man comics".

It's not just Sup Forums. I don't know a single person in real life who doesn't think it's the worst thing ever. At this point I think it's kinda just cool to hate. Not that it's not flawed or anything but people blow it way out of proportion (I have several friends who said it made them physically ill)

>the BvS is good meme
why won't you stop this denial and just admit it was a shit movie
cause taking out all that philosophical bullshit, take away all your knowledge about comics and heroes in general, and you'll see it's rtill shit. thats why both normies and comicfags hate it senpai, it's that bad

Star Vs is an incredibly ugly show.

>It's just "colorful lesbians crying"

Was it ever anything else?

star vs the forces of evil is fucking horrible

star vs is fucking shit but still the best cartoon on, how fucking sad

BvS being bad is more of a meme. I'm not even saying it's great. If I had to score it It'd be like...a 6/10 movie. But it's not pure rectal cancer like everyone makes it out to be. There's actually quite a few scenes I really liked.

I think i see what
is talking about, how can you possibly think that, do you really feel that way about things?

Are you me? I agree with everything, except I never watched Gravity Falls or Regular Show, and I won't ever give bronies the satisfaction of giving faint praise to their life's purpose.

I can't stand South Park because all it does it preach while criticizing everyone else for being too preachy. I don't like when shows try to make my opinions for me, but I really can't stand blatant hypocrisy like that.

Also, Bloo is one of the worst characters ever.

Lisa Goes Gaga is a decent Simpsons episode. Retarded elitists who hate celebrities and rock music fans who hate pop music made too much noise.

Ugly? You gotta be kidding me

In order

Give Gravity Falls a try, it's a purty neat show.

Regular show is just a show about some beta male and his autistic friend fucking up so hard it tears the fabric of reality.

MLP is fine. It's alright. A nice colorful show that, while marketing mainly towards girls, has some of the humor of the people working on it (lauren faust, tera strong, etc) That's pretty much all I can say about it.

As for South Park, it wasn't like that to begin with. Criticism humor is great and all but somewhere along the way, they got too into being pessimistic and faulting everyone but themselves. It went from "4 kids finding themselves in adult situations no kid should ever be in" to "4 hipsters say 'fuck' a lot"

Also, Cartman gets on my nerves, which may be the point, so I'll let it slide.

What is your BH6 OTP?

SU never lost focus on Steven though. The newest episodes are practically all about Steven.

Did people really like it better as MOTW show?

This namefag gets it.

i can't get into RWBY. I have tried but this isn't for me.

thats weird, most of the people I know irl dont have any problems with it. In fact, the people I know who saw screenings before the reviews dropped like it more than those who saw it after reviews.

But it is good, you fell for the meme

YOUR MOTHER WAS A HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELLED OF ELDER BERRIES

the infamous Pony show was good for like the first 3 or 4 seasons, It kinda got boring to watch after that. The show is pretty harmless, but I just don't like it all that much anymore.

I think Avatar and Korra are overrated. they're just okay imo.

The newest episodes have gotten back on track (except for that bizarre "Garden of Eden" episode)

But my problem is that it fell into the Adventure Time trap of

>Deep L0re
>crazy zany slice of life bullshit
>more of the aforementioned
>Deep L0re

Couple all that with the fan pandering and you're left with a show that kind of collapsed in on itself. It went from "look how fun this show is" or "look how funny and well written this show is" to "look how diverse and inclusive this show is" and I don't think that's a good direction for the show because it's started to lose focus.

It really comes to life when it's about the overarching plot or about Steven, but then we get some random townie episode that's not relevant at all and it just kills it for me.

It's like if Questionable Content became a show.

Steven Universe doesn't have it as bad as Adventure Time though, I remember when there was only ONE OR TWO fucking episodes per season following up on an actually interesting plotline.
I got so tired of waiting on AT for answers that I don't really care if they answer them at this point.

I still find SU interesting

I agree SU is still interesting for the most part. I'm just getting tired of the interuptions.

AT has lost me fucking completely, years ago.

That's how I feel. MLP is ultimately harmless. The problem is that dumb "lel ponies are bad maymay" got out of hand for a while

That, plus some idiots decided to let the shit fandom speak for the source material, as if fandoms haven't ALWAYS been shit.

>the board is really filled with Sup Forumstards who spam the same shit and it's fucking obvious who they are. However there are also Tumblr users but I believe they are fewer
>Marvel right now is enjoyable just for how much of a clusterfuck their titles are and the shitstorm they create everytime they get posted.
>GwenPool has potential but right now is using like 1/3 of it
>I think I might be not so open minded to new ideas as I though

Why are you watching Family Guy if you don't enjoy it?

Korra has a problem of repeatedly asking complex questions and defaulting to shallow answers, producing rather stupid plots because it can't keep morally grey.

Gravity Falls finale was a major letdown in both entertainment and thematic department. It did not ruin the show, but it also failed to redeem, and in fact reenforced its worst flaws.

I really want Infinity Train to take off, and I wish there was a place I could shill for it in meaningful fashion.

Although the show might also turn bad very quick, if writers aren't careful.

>I like Teen Titans Go. I think it is really funny.

>Steven Universe is just really boring desu

>South Park season 20 was not great but I liked the troll plot a lot

>Samurai Jack is not as good as everyone says it is

>Uncle Grandpa was ok

Credit where credit is due; at least Sugar put hints about deep lore early in the show's run.

AT is basically making shit up as it goes. Not that that's a bad thing particularly; you just need really good writing to pull it off.

Infinity Train would work best as miniseries; that way, worries like it turning bad real quick won't be a problem.

And let's face it, the mystery can only be plotted for so long until it becomes tiring.

I don't watch Family Guy. But whenever I'm browsing some place and a clip shows up, or a still from the show, I just feel irritated and have to look at something else.

SU never really lost it's way exactly; starting from season 2 or 3 they decide to put townie episodes first and then move on to bigger plot related things. CN can't into scheduling so the townie episodes are extra agonizing thanks to hiatus.

The amount of time spent on Steven and the plot outweighs the townie episodes anyways.

The problem I have with Infinity Train is that Tulip is positioned as a selfish person who doesn't really want to help corgis but can't refuse them.

If her character stagnate, she might grow sour even in miniseries. If her character change, it might produce less interesting results.

>90% of the thread is about cartoons

All I want is a board split. Hundreds of new comics come out every week, there's more than enough to discuss and keep the board active. The two mediums have crossovers but what mediums don't?

There's also a clear divide between cartoonfags and comicfags on this board. Again, I'm sure there's loads who consume both, but there's enough on both sides to warrant a split. Comics discussion that isn't Sup Forums agitated shit or movie related gets drowned out by the constant generals and hyperactivity of cartoon fandoms

we don't have the time to read

I actually like teen titans go

same

I hate how many characters are forgotten and when a writter needs some chracter to do something specific they create a new one instead of reusing the one already existing.
How many C D and Z characters would be good villain now or would work very well on a team but aren't used?
>We need a villain for a Superman story
>Lets go with Luthor or Brainiacfor the millionth time instead of using some other character that can be a menace too like Manchester Black or Parasyte or Metallo.
I hate this.

I believe comics are the worst way to convey a story.

Then what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums you tvfag?

I'm here for cartoons.

Split the board now.

This is why I find Ultimate Sleepwalker such an entertaining read.

>All I want is a board split. Hundreds of new comics come out every week, there's more than enough to discuss and keep the board active.

Sure, enough comics come out, but not enough people to read them.

A comics only board on this site would be deader than shit

>Comics discussion that isn't Sup Forums agitated shit or movie related gets drowned out by the constant generals and hyperactivity of cartoon fandoms

You're wrong pal, as someone who's both into comics and cartoons, you're wrong...you make believe "comic threads get pushed out by other threads" but the truth is, comics just aren't as popular as you for some reason think....and honestly, you probably don't read every single comic that gets discussed either, tons of comic threads probably pass you by as well because you simply aren't into the particular comic

Fact is, threads that go to page ten do because of lack of interest, splitting the board would not generate more interest by any kind of logic

Would webcomics be allowed on the hypothetical comics only board?

>Elite ongoing never
Fuck this.

>I really want to get into Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but every time I see something about them on Sup Forums I start to think less of less of the idea.
>I think TTG is very awful but I wouldn't say I hate it, and I even watch it sometimes if its on (and it's on)
>Same with Family Guy. Guess I hate myself. I do enjoy American Dad though, but I don't think that's too out there.
>I know South Park's still on its everlasting downward slide but I can't stop being in love with the show and am excited for the new game and to see the move back away from serialization.
>Bob's Burgers is one of the most consistent shows in its quality.
>Adventure Time deserves to die. Regular Show did not.

I'm a huge fan of female characters put int he main character role who actually get to fight and kick ass.

A lot of people assume it has to do with equal rights or something but really I just have a thing for femdom and ass kicking falls under that umbrella.
Impulsive brawler girls with abs are hot.

Why don't you start watching now? Quit procrastinating and try out the shows you want to try out.

I act like I'm anti skub around my friends, but I'm actually pro skub.

>taking out all that philosophical bullshit, take away all your knowledge about comics and heroes in general

I never understood why people think this way, why should any part of a piece of art be taken away? Thats like saying "take away all the action from Die Hard and you'll see its shit!"

people find more validation in being part of the right "thought" than expressing their own

Please tell me why. Not trying to be an ass. I truly want to know because I'm basically avoiding the movie out of fear of it being terrible due to all the bad reviews.

>The only problem with Robin is it's terrible terrible fanbase that I am apart of if only because the most outspoken ones are a character fag autists.

Tumblr isn't the anti-thesis to Sup Forums and all of the people that participate in this internet war need to find something better to do with their time.

>I'm not that excited for Foster's Home's upcoming special. The show went downhill after the first few episodes (due mostly to Bloo)

Wait, what ?
Sauce ?

I would want nothing more for comicbook universes to have a start and an end and then the writers move on to another universe. The constant baiting and retcons make me annoyed.

Adventure Time should have tried more on adding plot points. I don't like having something happening and it pushed to side.

I loathe 3d cartoons because everything tends to look like there's only 20 people living in a city due to the budget. It barely works at all in various settings. Green Lantern worked due to it being fucking space.

antithesis isn't a hyphenated word

I only saw once during the first every Simpsons marathon (when it first moved to FXX) & hated it because it just seemed like they were bending over backwards to talk about how great Lady Gaga is. The Lisa part is by no means as bad as they say and is probably fueled by Lisa hate more than the actual epsode but the Gaga train and the obsessed Springfield citizens seemed a bit much. They were excited about Micheal Jackson and other celebrities because they were celebrities but with Lady Gaga it felt like they all loved her for no reason. Personally I don't hate her, she is never even on my radar, the whole episode just felt like a stinker.

>>I really want to get into Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but every time I see something about them on Sup Forums I start to think less of less of the idea.

Just watch the shows man, they air on tv every week for hours at a time....don't think of it as some undertaking, just turn on CN or Disney XD and just watch for a bit and see if you like it

The worst thing you can do, and worst thing about this media consuming generation, is that they get their opinions second or third hand...nobody cares to form an opinion but just parrots those of others, who are possibly parroting themselves...which brings me to this post

BvS is an entertaining movie, it's easy to pick apart yes, but it's still entertaining, which at the end of the day is all it needs to be

Marvel movies are also easy as shit to pick apart but they have a defense force because popular opinion is that they are "good", and so if you disagree with the status quo even if you make a good argument you'll be shot down

Not that guy, but I'm also legitimately hyped for the JL movie. From what I've seen so far, they took the criticism to heart and they genuinely want to improve, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus, I've wanted a JL movie since I was a kid.

As for BvS...eh, I still think F4ntastic was worse.

As you are all aware, last year The Iron Giant Signature Edition was released and put on the shelves in your favorite stores. The Iron Giant Signature Edition contains the classic film digitally up scaled for blur ray viewing as well as adding formerly deleted scenes into the film. one such scene is the giant's dream. While sleeping in Dean's junkyard,the giant has a dream that is broadcast locally to dean's television set. the contents of the dream show us, the viewer, the purpose of the giant, and an explanation of his vast array of weaponry. however, I believe that this addition actually subtracts from my enjoyment. the scenes removes a large amount of mystery from the Giant and makes him less compelling all around. i would say if you are a true fan of the Iron Giant, continue to watch your original non-edited version.

I'd want a comic/show that's litterally just about every robin forming a team together.

Adventure Time is the greatest cartoon CN has ever made.

>so if you disagree with the status quo even if you make a good argument you'll be shot down
I agreed with you up until here. This kind of ignores the more legitimate criticism of BvS while also ignoring the Marvel movies that have been picked apart.

That's literally the premise of We Are Robin.

>>the board is really filled with Sup Forumstards who spam the same shit and it's fucking obvious who they are. However there are also Tumblr users but I believe they are fewer
I hate how the trolling becomes more obvious by the day. Before it was people just falling for it but now you just have threads shitting on something for like 30 posts and if someone tries to call them on their shit the thread just gets worse. Now you can talk about even less things that before because you just know as soon as certain things are mentioned people will swarm in bringing up race or politics when it has jack shit to do with anything.

Please explain

Which do you think is worse; C listers wallowing in comic limbo forever or C listers being brought back only to be killed off by the new bad guy?

This. What's worse is that we can have at least a dozen threads ABOUT THE SAME SHIT and mods won't do anything.

No matter how relevant it is to the board, we don't need a third of the catalog being "X character is being played by a blaaaack actor"

"honorary Sup Forums" anime is a retarded concept and I wish we didn't have toonami threads either. Specially because the people who insist on the concept are just weebs that get off on thinking that they are better than Sup Forums, when the truth is that they just like a small pool of things that Sup Forums (and half of any relevant anime board) has discussed to death so they don't see the point in bringing it up unless there's an update or something.

I've been toggling images on and off of Sup Forums for awhile now. Easier to find quality threads that way.

>I often tell people I'm a Christian just when I want to take a position of moral authority but I'm actually an occultist by definition

What kind of an occultist?

>they made wally black and completely forgot about Danica Williams
this depresses me

But the good thing is that if it's a C,D, and Z lister, the people that write them will often know what they're actually doing and won't use them in dumb shit.

As someone who was never the biggest AT fan, I can see why someone would call it the greatest.
>It helped CN out of it's slump after being rejected by Nick twice.
>It helped launch the careers of several other profilic animators.
>For better or for worse, AT was a trendsetter in cartoon art styles. There are followers but AT will always be the first.
>In terms of success and impact, only PPG has achieved these heights.
At least, in my view of things.

In my last point, I want to clarify that I'm talking strictly about CN shows. Naturally other cartoons have achieved these heights.

>Deep L0re
>crazy zany slice of life bullshit
>more of the aforementioned
These has been part of the show since early season 1.

capeshit is real boring and I don't know why people continue to read it.

What's there to explain? It's mostly subjective of course. Obviously Adventure Time is not perfect, and you could tell me a bunch of flaws with the show, and I'd probably agree with a lot of them. There's something about the show that I just love. The world, the characters, the writing - when it gets all those elements right, there's no current cartoon that surpasses it.

>Having to open two tabs every time I go on Sup Forums

No thanks

>Steven Universe is the first cartoon in a long time that I have enjoyed enough to watch every new episode

Agents of SHIELD is canon whether you like it or not.

Bendis isn't so much of a bad writer, he's just extremely lazy.

Black Adam is my favourite comic book character.

DCEU "discussion" is generally cancerous and autistic. This is coming from someone who enjoyed MoS.

Comics are the most underrated form of media in my opinion. I believe the reason it doesn't get much respect is due to the over-saturation of superhero comics, despite the fact I like them.

ONE is probably the most inspirational comic creator today.

Company wars: I literally do not understand why people argue about what company is better. It doesn't change anyone's opinion on either side, and it isn't important.

Not Sup Forums, but I think I'm the only user who likes Person of Interest.

Stop motion is my favourite form of animation.

Alex Ross has wonderful art, but he can't work with motion.

The Fleischer Superman serials have the best cinematic version of Superman.

I will never watch Steven Universe.

The Amazing World of Gumball is the funniest show on CN.

Johns' JSA is DC's pinnacle, in my humble opinion.

I deliberately say manga and comics are the same thing in Sup Forums vs Sup Forums threads, simply because it's the truth.

The Lego Batman Movie is the only Sup Forums movie I'm looking forward to this year. Well, we'll throw in the Lego Ninjago Movie too.

Tom King's The Vision is the best comic of the decade, so far.

>2015 Thunderbirds is the best cartoon airing right now and it's damned criminal it doesn't get attention here

>I will never watch Steven Universe.
Even if someone would pay you?

>"look how diverse and inclusive this show is"
People have been saying this since the show started. I don't see how that's a pro or a con.

Also, what fan pandering.

I was a fan of original teen titans and still like teen titans go
The meta episodes where they make jokes about the original are my favourites