/hor/ Horror General

>horror sequels, prequels and remakes edition

Watched Leatherface (2017) today and.. it's not THAT bad! I mean, It wasn't so good, but certainly not the worst TCM movie bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRExM0EXhew#t=1m27s
youtu.be/3E_fT0aTsjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit like this, Leatherface, Jigsaw, etc. should not be the material you start a thread off with. Money grabbing creativity drought tier trash.

Krueger kino marathon all day on SyFy lads.

Have this super comfy Leatherface pic and calm the fuck down.

Never thought I'd be excited about ANOTHER Halloween sequel, but David Gordon Green's movie sounds promising. And Jamie is back!

Meant for

I thought the Friday the 13th remake was a good slasher flick. It had some nice callbacks to the original series.

I'm currently re-watching this, and I swear it gets better with repeated viewings.

Jaime was also back for 2, H20 and Resurrection and those were all garbage.

And none of these were written by horror mastermind Danny McBride.

I'm surprised no one has ever proposed a TV show focusing on the antics of the Leatherface family. Could be pretty comfy.

Ah yes, I forgot about that detail. You've definitely rekindled my faith in the new remake. Bound to be a masterpiece.

Friday the 13th is the only good remake. It's solid, only the ending is shit

H2 is secret kino

After almost 20 years of talking horror movies on the internet, you are the first person I've come across who claimed to not like Halloween II.

I felt like Leatherface had no leg to stand on. A Halloween money grab.

A spoof of the franchise with Danny McBride as Dr. Loomis would probably be hilarious.

I watched The guest yesterday. It was alright.
Any other decent modern horror movies?

UNCLE JOHN (2015) is good.

Hills Have Eyes remake and its sequel were both rebootkino.

I think people like to bury newer Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies by comparing them to the unsurpassable original "same with Halloween".

Really? I guess saying it was garbage was a bit strong (although I do think H20 and Resurrection are garbage), but I thought it was generally disliked. I personally dislike it because it feels like the worst sort of sequel, where it is just more of the same but without any of the unique touches that elevated the original. It's a generic slasher that feels completely unnecessary, it could have been any number of the Halloween copycat slashers that came out throughout the 80's.

Well it's kind of fair. What made the original TCM so good was the low budget and subsequent sparse, almost documentary like feel of the movie. You're not gonna get that in any sequel because it's simply become too self-aware.

Anyone have a torrent for The Endless (2017)?

That line of thinking is basically just fanboy defence. Decent sequels to classics can and do get a good reception when they're genuinely decent, and the classic status of the original does nothing to impede that. Case in point is BR2049, which everyone is going mad over. All that happens when shit sequels to classic movies get released is people call it out for the shit it is, but you get these fanboy types who won't accept it and think everyone only hates it because the original set such a high standard: "you only dislike Prometheus because of Alien nostalgia goggles!". But decent sequels get praise all the time. The new Mad Max is another good example.

easily one of the worst movies i've ever wasted my time on. -1/10, do not recommend

It's different for horror, man. Zombie's Halloween was genuinely decent. And was completely buried by comparing it the original. "It was nothing like Carpenter's - Hated the backstory, it explained way too much - white trash unlikable characters" Like Rob Zombie was supposed to make the EXACT SAME movie again. New Leatherface had so much plot and so much going for it, Texas 3D had nothing, it's the worst movie ever made. But, instead of comparing Leatherface to the last TCM movie that came out before it, everyone felt the need to go back 43 years and compare it to the original to bury the fuck out of it. I didn't LOVE Leatherface, it wasn't even good but it's not nearly as bad as some people making it out to be. "Worst than The Next Generation" fuck no!

false. this movie is terrible

synopsis my guy? Don't wanna watch it but that name seems cool

shitty made, shitty acted "found footage" shaky cam, mostly shot in the dark group of friends travels across the country to find "haunts" or haunted houses, but are looking for the most extreme one.
it's super cringey and not scary at all

Just watched It Follows, lads.
Pros:
Spooky premise, well executed
Great score, i love that drony synth shit
Cons:
Boring characters and dialogue
First 40 minutes were pretty dull
I give it a 7.5/10, pretty good

sounds like they find a demon house or something shitty like that desu. Close to the mark?

youtube.com/watch?v=TRExM0EXhew#t=1m27s

this is the level of scares. a porcelain doll yelling. oh man, so scary

nope, just a house filled with creeps in costumes.

the finale of the movie is shot in the dark so there's nothing to see, and you just hear what might be characters dying, only it doesnt show any of it

Adam Green gets a lot of hate, but I like that one. Digging Up the Marrow is pretty good too.

What are some pretentiouskino like pic related?

1922 cough! cough!

>The.Poughkeepsie.Tapes.2007.1080p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE

Scene release is finally out.

>decade old movie is finally out

u wot

that won't be out for a while

I liked the original Halloween a lot. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was that Michael Myers supposedly drove a car at one point. I don't know.. it just didn't fit with him being a completely messed up psycho killer locked away at 6 or whatever.

youtu.be/3E_fT0aTsjI

As a carpenter/halloween fan I have to say I think you are full of shit.

I didn't want the same movie at all. Shot for shot remakes are always retarded but what the remake delivered was still absolute shite. Also its funny that you'd say its so different considering the last 20 minutes (i.e. when the film actually starts resembling a slasher movie, not a poorly acted drama about an annoying shit and his white trash mother) its just the original movie sped up considerably but with a roided up Michael who now choke slams his victims because I guess Rob Zombie he was remaking Friday the 13th.

The film was never officially released on any physical media until a week or so ago.

Should I watch this or the remake?

considering it's not worth watching, it's definitely not worth owning a physical copy

Watch both

Any fans of Jean Rollin here?

if so, why

I think the twist of making Laurie Michael Myers' sister is clever, but a wrong choice. It gives too many answers about Michael, taking away from the mystery and alienness that made him so unsettling, while otherwise being a pretty by the numbers slasher film.

It's fine, I guess, but Halloween is fantastic and it just can't live up.

A roided up Michael who now choke slams his victims is fucking great. It's not the seventies anymore. Millennials think original Halloween is boring. It's the same reason why Reddit prefer TCM reboot over original. That being said, Zombie's Halloween 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Halloween 2.

>Millennials think original Halloween is boring.
So we should make it retarded to cater to them? That's just flawed reasoning.

recommend watching chocolate strawberry vanilla, it's a slowburner but it's pretty good
other good slowburner i recommend is the innkeepers

Watched Cold Prey 2 a few days ago.
Actually a pretty nice horror movie.

D A M N

Ok, what are some horror movies that you can always watch? Maybe your favorites, but are a little flawed, to keep them from being absolute kino, however, they do the job well.

has anyone watched the new Amazon series Lore? is it good?

looks good, dling now

never heard of it

i liked it, for a vampire movie it was very different

the podcast is all you need. the show is pointless

I was disappointed

Is that any good? it has a 100% on RT

>revealing the villain/monster on the poster

it's shit

it's average

This looks like if pink flamingo was remade in the cuck era

>JEEZ, I SWEPT
What did he mean by this?

Check it out some time, would literally ruin your life forever.

Just rewatched this, it was ok
However, it made me so fucking mad, that they didn't consider all the possible escape routes. He could've taken a ski pole and bended it to glide on the wires instead of cutting his fucking hands, jesus. Why not just drop all the heavy clothing and make a rolling fall? Also, wolves don't do that.

The Blackcoat's Daughter is making me really uncomfortable.

Kat is Joan. Joan is Kat. They are the same person - just represented in two different time periods and played by two different actresses.

I love greasy strangler, but this is actually a really good and accurate description of it

Already figured that but thanks for trying to spoil it, fag.

Get an attention-span and sit and watch a fucking film without having to come to Sup Forums to post every inane thought you have about it, or get a real life friend.

It made me feel sleepy.

What the fuck? All I said was that the movie is making me uncomfortable. I didn't ask for any plot details. I was just saying how a horror movie made me feel. Discussing it, which is the point of this thread, you fucking idiot.

Does every fucking thread on this board have to be a general now?

I could see that. It's pretty comfy in some scenes.

yes

>gather friends over for halloween themed/horror movie marathon
>wife's turn to pick
>A Nightmare Before Christmas
>all the women and gays are singing the fucking songs.
Every. Fucking. Year.

Thanks for clarifying

>Silent Hill
just replay the game desu
you can beat it in about the same time

Not as awkward as having everyone singing along to 'Phantom of the Paradise'

Not the other guy, he was rude, but I can't fathom posting on Sup Forums while watching a (particularly horror) film. Immersion is such a big part of the enjoyment

Severance (2006) is alright, British comedy/horror.
I've only seen Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead! What other Troma flicks are worth watching? You can find them bretty much on youtube.

Hey /hor/ what are some movies that really drew you in and kept you glued to the screen?
Oculus and Creep for me

toxic avenger i-Iv
tromeo & juliet
terror firmer

Average. The first scare is actually pretty good and unnerving but it keeps doing the same shit over and over again while Lara Croft model #276 continues to act like everything is no big deal and she should stay in the haunted police station. Its effectively made, executed and acted but just not very interesting or exciting. Meh.

I'm assuming this is a joke, yes? I can never tell anymore since everyone likes to claim any and every movie as kino.

Trying to excuse the blood puddles amid protestations from ocd cenobites.

They're both terrible so recommending movies to a pleb like you would be a waste of time, no?

It could be low standards but to be honest almost all of the indie horror stuff I watch manages to interest me somehow. I generally stick to things I hear recommended or maybe a quick google if I'm desperate but I don't end up hating things anywhere near as often as some people.
Part of me wonders if the reason The Babadook gets treated like it's irredeemable shit despite being okay at worst (imo) is just an extreme reaction because it was the big FotM when it came out. Same with some other things, like It Follows.

>Poultrygeist
best musical/gore/vegan B-movie

I'd rather you told me some movies you fucking hated in that case.

class of nuke em high is my favorite

nothing after toxic avenger is worth watching

I use to collect horror memorabilia. Multiple professionally made masks, real replica weapons (like Freddy gloves).

People probably thought I was weird.

I'd consider doing a podcast in front of that shit if you've still got it. Might end up making Patreon bucks just to talk about movies.

You're just what is known as a bugman. Pretty sad.

very cool

The lead actor was great enough to carry it