/bcbg/- Bittersweet Candy Bowl General

Lucy has a blind date with gravity edition

Thread theme: youtu.be/T3phscjgc_A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FywSzjRq0e4
youtu.be/sonLd-32ns4
bittersweetcandybowl.tumblr.com/post/156144840630/has-mike-figured-out-that-abbey-hit-paulo-based-on
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>It's a suicidal person jumps and then immediately regrets it episode

Just how gruesome will this get? Having seen people who have jumped from a large height, it's pretty damn nasty in person

Taeshi did say this section was hard to write and draw

first for paulo x rachel

>no broken bones or even visible injury except trickle of mouth blood and vague bloodstain beneath her

This is like 19th century painting injury portrayal

>reusing the same theme
Cmon, user, I already did that one.

Try this:
youtu.be/FywSzjRq0e4

damn shes still concious

I didn't even click your music choice last thread

Lets get back to Mike's infantile joke-relationship, please?

She seems to be whole and fully functional in the present. She can't be that badly fucked up, right? It's only been... how long has it been in-comic, six months?

Just wait till it gets real serious real quick

I'm totally lost, I think I missed something. Didn't Augustus stop her and grab her arm before she jumped?

When you're far gone enough that suicide seems to be the best option, you should hope you never fucking wake up, or at worst you wake up in a hospital bed with enough morphine in you that your biggest worry is having to face your family and loved ones in that embarrassing state.

Surviving a fall that should kill you and waking up alone with a pool of blood and broken bones is a whole other level of hell.

Augustus x Paulo is cute.

That was before this. She just apparently could go on the roof of whatever building she pleased

Not half as cute as this

>Great, it's another nothing page-
>oh
>oh no

This hurts to read.

The pain of the landing will generally make you do that

After reading this and that BCI chapter where Mike knocks her up and leaves her again for Sandy, I'm not sure whether I want to give her a hug or shoot her in the head to end all of this torture. Though with her luck, she'd survive that too.

>Suitcase told us to lower our expectations this week
Well played you son of a bitch.

It's not just waking up in a pool of blood and broken bones, it's doing that in a fucking blizzard.

God damn it Lucy.

>expectations were on the 6th floor
>needed to be brought down to ground level

Well, he wasn't wrong.

Remember when all of Lucy's friends didn't defend her for no reason?

Taeshi consistently refuses to improve her most basic issues, like perspective and anatomy. I wouldn't get my expectations up.

her cartoony anatomy is way better than when it was bobble head everything

its not furbait anymore, go cry somewhere else

Isn't this like the second or third time she's tries to kill herself?

first, she was on a roof top on new years but she wasnt going to jump (she says)

this is when she actually tries

I meant hard as in emotionally difficult considering the subject matter

> she became a splat

Cool.

Nu-huh my ship is better. They are perfect for each other with Augustus being more confident and calm while Paulo has a bit of a short-attention span but can also get people to have more fun. Paulo is the hard-worker while Augustus is the survivor.

Also both would team-up to be jerks by being brutally honest with people.

>you clearly don't know her

It's kinda funny how that role reversal went. First half of the series, Lucy's a tsundere jerk to everyone but Mike defend's her shit behavior.

2nd half, he's sick of her shit and wonders why everyone acts surprised at his change of heart. As if he didn't spend years convincing them that Lucy was just misunderstood.

>Suitcase told us to lower our expectations
Well, I fell for it.
So did Lucy.

user please i dont need more paulo ships

>what just...

>needed to be brought to ground level
Just like Lucy amirite?

youtu.be/sonLd-32ns4

It was never furbait. The art was (and still is) always too terrible.

then why are you here

well fuck, thanks for nothing augustus.

the dialogue is the hardest part of this

besides the ground

It's not terrible. If it was any worse though, I'd have to drop it.

It was then that Augustus briefly rekindled his interest in necrophilia.

These jokes kind of fall flat.

This was unexpected to say the least for me, but only because it seemed highly improbable to survive a fall like that and recover enough to go back to school in a relatively short amount of time considering the extent of her injuries. I mean, at the very least you're looking at compound fractures, concussions...wounds that'd require some major physical rehab and surgery in the long run.

I love how grounded this comic is.

HA! holy crap, I forgot about that turtle. Someone do an edit of the last page where it shows the turtle as being responsible for the fall.

The injuries from the fall may be the real reason she's wearing clothes now?

I've heard it does happen.

Vero is such an Apple cuck.

Paulo has weird dreams!

Top kek.

Paulo wants to be the little girl

and I want to see more of that

not in the comic, obv, but in non-canon stuff, more Paulo in a dress would be good

Oh shit, what if she's got scars all over her now?

I like this lol

There's two more but he is a girl in them.

I guess this also counts as a dress.

Yep. Saw a clip from a documentary about people jumping from the golden gate bridge to commit suicide once where they interviewed someone who survived and said the moment his feet left the edge he realized how insignificant all his problems actually were.

>male lucy
MY DICK

my dick as well

gotta put the grinning turtle in a frame in the bottom-right, but otherwise perfect

I think it's actually funnier if it's not obvious at first.

Fuck, someone beat me to it. Whatever, posting anyway.

Is Sandy Japanese?

What happens if you choose option 2?

that's great, tweet it at vero

>it hurts..
>it.. it hurts..
Taeshi have mercy

It should have a giant overlay of the smiling turtle.

You will never be good at Sup Forums, Taeshi. Give it a rest.

>inb4 Taeshi takes this and copies it in her style for the mangled body panel.

You know Taeshi drew that image right?

Well...I've caught up ever since starting on wednesday. Why did you rope me into this Sup Forums

That there is the feeling of deep deep regret...Fucking hell lucy I hope this is a big enough shock move on from mike.
You're all terrible people...and so am I for laughing at this.

Goddamn user, what a page to catch up to.

>they finally go on that date
>they have nothing in common art all
>Can't force herself to like videogames
>Mike tries to appease her fashion related needs
>Sandy is literally too mature for his likes now
>Sandy calls him a child when running up the hill

Is it wrong that I'm totally going to enjoy the eventual breakup of these two? It's going to be so damn satisfying after dealing with mike's obsession with sandy.

Mike knew Abbey hit Paulo it seems. bittersweetcandybowl.tumblr.com/post/156144840630/has-mike-figured-out-that-abbey-hit-paulo-based-on

Sandy's not mature at all. Also notice she was having a great time at videogames until she realized she was shit had Maishul was just letting her win.

Whoops.

No biggie. The artstyle is cute and the characters are surprisingly interesting enough for me to care about them so win win.

No, I'm going to enjoy it too. A big theme of the comic has always been maturity and how to approach it, and it's been clear for a while that Sandy tries too hard. Being a model has forced her to act older than she is and it's played havoc on her ability to relax and unwind. It's probably the same thing that happens to japanese idols - she's not allowed to show weakness or take a moment to herself, so she bottles it all up and it messes up her social life.

It's not that I dislike her, but yeah, her relationship with Mike is basically a house of cards.

Whether or not Mike and Lucy reconcile (even though I really really want them to), their relationship was real. Rocky though it was, they moved past their problems by talking to each other and being honest, things that Sandy's relationship to Mike didn't really have after she went away.

The trouble between them started, again, when they stopped being real with each other. Lucy started being cold and tsundere and Mike wouldn't admit that he saw some of Lucy in Sandy and Sandy in Lucy. That, and he was afraid that he'd be cheating on Sandy - and he takes that very seriously, much like Taeshi does.

And again, they bottled up their feelings until they released them at the worst times.

Lucy was afraid Mike would reject her and that she'd lose him as a friend - which was precisely what ended up happening. Meanwhile, Mike was afraid that Lucy was just seeing him as an emotional crutch and that anyone else would do. So Lucy confessed, Mike felt cornered between her and Sandy, and rejected her. Lucy withdrew into herself more, and then eventually Mike just snapped.

It was those circumstances that led to December. It's hard to think it's been over 5 IRL years since that trauma bomb.

>got sick of lucy and told her to fuck off and enters cranky mode for a long while
>said their friends would follow him over her
>lucy attempts suicide
>realizes he's was too harsh when he remembers the good times over the bad
>Lucy comes back and everyone greets her with enthusiasm while he hides

Oh Maishul at least you still have your sweet sandy.

Gif related is Lucy.

He got exactly what he wanted - distance from her. She didn't talk to him at all, barely looked his way. And now his group is falling apart from internal strife while Lucy is free from it. Truly, one must be careful what one wishes for.

Hi, Taeshi. I really appreciate these straightforward explanations, as opposed to the bullish (and, honestly, oft-facetious) approach you use on Tumblr.

Wow Daisy did get a little chubbier. Or is that floof

I think it became meme magic after a joke about breakup ice cream in one panel.

Her fur floofs up when she's stressed.

Hi Taeshi, nice job trying to confirm someone's analysis is canon without saying it directly.

>find out about meme magic
>become a victim
>mfw

we need more paulo

Screw him rachel deserves better.

Every time Gray Cat suffers I get an erection.

they are meant for each other user
dont be jealous hes a fucking hunk

why do so many characters in the comic have the same hairstyle Taeshi draws herself with? Like long-hair Sue, older Rachel, some others. Is every character drawn with that hair self-insert, or is it just a lack of variety in the hairstyles drawn?

>literally loves every other girl more than her.
...Or every other dude eventually desu.

i swear this comic is trying me to make me gay