Are people hyped for Ep VIII or no giving a fuck about another glib facsimile?

Are people hyped for Ep VIII or no giving a fuck about another glib facsimile?

I was unironically excited for EpVII, I don't know if I'll even bother torrenting VIII

> unironically excited for EpVII

I was before seeing the trailer

I'm just waiting for Luke to die so it's a bunch of brown people and white women against a white man empire

I still held out hope, I felt even if it won't be as good as the originals it'll still feel epic and iconic.

What really killed it for me was how it didn't even feel like Star Wars, but just another generic blockbuster with Star Wars paint

trailer sucked all hype out of me. haven't even bought tickets for viii.

I'm just going to see if Reylo will happen. And then enjoy SJW and tumblr outbursts once it happens (current chance at 99%).

Same. I can bring myself to give a single fuck about any of them, and what little I did care has diminished with the trailers.

Rogue One was ok, tho.

I dont understand the hype of nu-star wars, its so damn plain

Some people would be excited for any turd with a Star Wars coat of paint.

As if tumblrinas wouldnt drip and slick like mad for Reylo

The prequels sucked as movies but still gave me that feeling of visiting alien worlds and feeling of epicness. As a kid the prequels were fucking awesome, and the stories built around them in the EU consumed so much of my childhood. The Disney Star Wars doesn't even feel like Star Wars, I don't get the same feeling, I'm not interested in the stories or the new EU. It's not terrible, it just doesn't feel worth investing in. The magic of Star Wars is dead I guess.

i never go to the movies, do the ticket jockeys really make small chat?

>What really killed it for me was how it didn't even feel like Star Wars

even prequels were more star wars that this garbage
ep Vii is like completely different franchise

Just what the fuck is this image meant to convey?

No, they just tear tickets, rent anvils, and run the penis examination machine

I asked a female ticket jockey if BR2049 was any good, and she said she hadn't seen the first two.

Dumb queer millenials are easy manipulated by Jewish industries

They do, but they've been a minority until the past few months or so. Until then they've been harrassed by pathetic lowlives. Plus, I want to see the Jedi Council Forums continue to try to avoid Reylo talk at all costs.

prequels were actually great in world building point

at least prequels gave us great toyline and great video games
Ep VII gave us nothing, there wasn't even a video game

I can't wait to see what they do with those adorable little porgs!

George loved Star Wars, he might have gone too far in places but the world was his and without him the series just lost its soul

I'd feel awkward with all those guys just standing there like zombies.

It's because the prequels still had great worldbuilding that inspired your imagination and led to some great EU stuff. It's like how people freaked out when the Battlefront video game reboot didn't have any Clone Wars battles. Clones and droids offered much needed variety, nu Star Wars is just a soulless rehash.

Prequels are all heart, no brain. Disney Wars are obviously the inverse.

>webcomic encouraging and normalising buying pointless merchandise for a bloated corporate franchise

Late stage capitalism lads

Rouge 1 had cool planets though.

At least better than VII's not-Tatooine, not-Coruscant, not-Yavin and not-Ireland

I haven't been excited for Star Wars in years, and I actively lower my standards these days because each new Star Wars thing somehow finds a way to be more shit than the last.

>what?! Its a m-machine?

>had cool planets though.

Not really, they might have been new for the Franchise but they weren't particularly interesting

After the BB-8 drones that came with VII, I'm actually more stoked for the Porg voice assisstant speaker/mics.

>implying you wouldn't want to be woken by a little talking Porg telling you the weather today in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried

F*ck yeah dude! I can't wait to see Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi™ when it comes out in theaters on December 15th.
I've already got the merch I'm going to wear ordered on Amazon - now on sale.

May the Porg be with you!

>YOU LIKE STAR WARS
>YOU LIKE THE NEW MOVIE
>YOU WANT TO BUY MERCHANDISE
>MERCHANDISE IS COOL

Yeah, you won't catch them actually touching your penis these days, they just watch on the screens that are up next to the ticket sales booths.

>before after

Grow up. Time for children, manchild.

It's funny because all you're really doing when you put the effort into making posts like this is making yourself a more bitter person.

hmm, i wonder why that is

it's not like the OT had interesting planets either.
Oh a descelant desert planet, a forest planet, an ice planet, a gas giant, another forest planet, all of those with one biom.
only the prequels had somewhat cool planets.

FUCK no. Probably not even gonna see it. I'm so sick and tired of the same story over and over again, no way they're getting my money. Also >ebin cute comic relief character
I'd only see it if it turns out that the First Order wrecks shit and don't end up being 100% incompetent and illogical, but that won't happen of course, because it's a movie for all audiences and it has to end with the heroes winning wo a scratch thanks to massive plot armour.
TL;DR gonna spoil myself and see if it's shit or not, probably won't go

No, its gonna be another big budget mediocre film. I'm getting so sick of all these movies that are just so fucking boring. How do they make such a sterile movie, its honestly impressive at this point.

I got sick of SW two years ago when I walked into a store and saw Star Wars makeup, apples, and oranges. Lucas has always been a merch whore, but Disney went overkill with it to where I just got sick of seeing it everywhere.

Plus all the tie-in commercials that send the message of "Star Wars: not for white boys any more!"

>it's not like the OT had interesting planets either.
They were interesting for the time. Of course they had to explore the most obvious concepts first. Still, watching in the produdction order nu-trilogy is the first time when planets start being UNinteresting.

This is my biggest gripe against VII tbqh. As a kid half of the reason SW prequels were cool was new planets in every movie.

Its less about the planets themselves, its the communities and cultures that we see from them

Listen to this "bro", just enjoy things and don't be bitter. Just relax and enjoy the new Star Wars movie or any other Disney Entertainment product!

>Dude? Are you telling me you don't eat shit? Why are you so bitter my bro

Im hyped to see whats gonna happen to Kylo and Finn. After TFA, they're the only new characters I most interested in. I hope they make Rey a more compelling character. Don't really understand why anons feel the need to "pick a side" when it comes to Star Wars (you either love the prequels and hate disney or vice versa), they're all just fun space adventure films for the family to enjoy

Wtf I love jews now!

That space station they visited in the beginning of Rogue One was fucking amazing though. Shame we only got a few seconds to look at it.

>implying theater employees give one fuck about what you think

They were meh. We had a beach planet with only imperials on it, a rocky planet with only imperials on it, one scene of a space gas station, and an Afghanistan planet

kek the first figure that George looks at looks just like an alien version of him

I most definitely am not. As far as I'm concerned Star Wars died the instant the deal with Disney went through. Would've walked out of Ep VII if I wasn't my friends' ride.

cuuute

This.

The public at large are funcucks who are easily swayed by bright lights and spectacle.

I'm still going to see the movie regardless

I've been saying this for years at this point but, George Lucas is the heart and soul of SW. What we're left with now is the rotting corpse of the franchise strung up with marionette strings.

>it didn't even feel like Star Wars, but just another generic blockbuster with Star Wars paint

yup

Dark Forces is better than Rogue One
and
Jan Ors is better than Jyn Erso

>"Star Wars: not for white boys any more!"
This is probably the biggest one. It didn't work out so well for Marvel when they started pushing the SJW narrative. Hopefully it takes the wind out of Disney's sales too.

Are you implying that Disney milking SW is somehow worse than Lucas milking it? I'll admit that the prequels had better designs, but jfc, those films don't even TRY to cover up the fact that they are basically toy commercials. TFA may be derivative, but at least it didn't let toys get in the way of telling it's story

>Late stage capitalism
Marxism is pseudoscience.
Dialectical materialism is bullshit.

Kill yourself.

>george lucas held tightly on leash by more grounded people >> humble anglo-saxon director trying his best to emulate the original style >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> george lucas thinking he's an auteur and every creative decision he does goes unchecked by sycophantic producers, writers and assistants >> competent jew doing his best impression of visionary director

Didn't they talk about how "The Dark Side" would be renamed as to not offend black people or some shit. Also why would I give a fuck about a movie where there aren't any stakes. Yeah nobody believed that luke was really gonna crash into the deathstar and die or miss the shot, but Rey is just too fucking mary sue to make it interesting.

Nothing gets kids riled up more for toys than politic babble, eh?
Be sure to by your Porg™ Plushie, it sure will fit well next to your Remote Control BB8

I'm gonna see it. I'm not excited but I'll see it with others. Star Wars is dead.

I remember when the trailer for VII first came out. It gave me goosebumps. Upon watching the movie I entirely lost interest in the franchise.
Are these the most disappointing sequels in the history of film?

>People actually sat through VII

t. corncobbed chud

I did a media blackout, didn’t know a thing about it until I saw it

I think the assumption that marxist utopia is a perfect society is the flaw of the ideology, not dialectical materialism in and of itself.

Same. There were some cool shit on that trailer

> That shot with x-wings flying above the water
> kylo ren’a design and his crew

Then the movie was an absolute disappointment with 0 creativity.

>not dialectical materialism in and of itself.
DM is absolute horseshit and is laughable.
Marxism as whole denies human instincts and instead believes all human action is the result of economic forces.

It's anti-science and the people that believe it are on par with flat earthers.

>i only watch things because i was told it was good
>I will shell out money to pretend I was always a fan

good roasting of women

I love how at this point even normies soured on their originally high opinion of TFA. Once people realized that was it and then Carrie Fisher died, and got over the hype, they realized how badly JJ raped the ending of Jedi and did nothing new

The hype isn't anywhere near as it was for ep 7

We all know that if ep 7 had actually been good than the hype for ep 8 would even be greater

there is a fucking reason why disney cashed the fuck out for marketing for ep 7. its formulaic,

they knew it was shit but because of the revenue generated from it including merchandising they know that essentially disney wars is now too big to fail. fans will see this series through and there will be endless opportunities to generate new hype through future movies and spinoffs, with the promise that they MIGHT be good. and thats all it takes to get your sheckles

descelant

Kylo is one of the only interesting characters in this mess. Why do you want to stick him with worst protag? I'd be hoping for her to die there was a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

You know, this gets me thinking. It wouldn't be a bad thing to add some Space Commies/Space Soviets into the Star Wars mix and complete the not-WWII-trio. Wouldn't want J.J. Abrams touching that kind of idea with a ten foot pole, but it could be interesting in someone else's hands.

So cool.

I hate trendies, this comic just screams tumblr

I'm going to wait until it's been out for a week to see if it's at least on the same level as VII, or if they go even more towards a gimmicky cash grab.

Midiclorians are stupid. The Dark Side actually comes from a spooky tree. No more glib facsimilies for me.