Best psychological horror flick I've seen in awhile.
I know it says it's a drama mystery but fuck that it's a fucking horror movie.

Looking at the synopsis, it reads like a prequel to Graveyard Shift

The whole time I was thinking of that movie lol.

I don't get why the imdb score is lower than RT. Was it too slow for horror babbies? I loved it for sure, very good acting.

what did they mean by this?

In my opinion this movie should have been in theaters in that stupid ass It Remake should have been on Netflix.

I haven't seen IT, but I guess it's just about cheap scares? The mainstream loves that, I don't think this movie would've done as well in the theaters

Is this a slow burning nothing like the witch or actually spooky?

I've seen the Witch and I would say it's a better Pace and still has its creepy vibes.

I thought it was decent. I liked Jane a lot in this. Ending kinda fizzled...

What makes a movie spooky? Is it cheap jumpscares? This one aint got em.

I dont understand why they didnt go with the book ending.

It's far better than I expected. It has an unsettling atmosphere throughout and great practical effects. It's worth watching for the story, but it's about a farmer murders his wife with the help of his son. Possibly supernatural event follow.

Most horror movie fans are brainlets. Almost all of the genre is made up of played out tropes and scares that play to a person's most primitive instincts.

How did it end in the book?

Wilfred sits in a hotel room in Omaha, writing down his story and claiming that Arlette, Henry, and Shannon — along with the rats — are present. Wilfred plans to commit suicide before the rats consume him, but apparently misplaces his gun. The story ends with a newspaper clipping about Wilfred's death, stating that he was found with bite marks that appeared to be self-inflicted; this leaves the reader to speculate about whether Wilfred's account was true or delusional. Wilfred's papers are found to be illegible, having been chewed to pieces.

t. wikipedia

It had no mistery, no suspense, no tension, no horror, not a bit likeble or reedemable main character. How the is this good psychological horror? Beacause muh guilt fueled visions? Please

Is this actually real?

yeah

What am I missing?

Neat. Was it a short story? I've always foudn that King does better when he sticks to shorter books. Longer ones seem to meander as he struggles to find an ending.

The Stand leaps very much to mind.

No, despite that Thomas Jane puts in a good performance, the movie is crap. Everything feels contrived and his actions don't make any sense.

They must have gotten this King short story cheaply, because there is nothing else that would warrant making this shit into a film, it's a run-of-the-mill horror short story, with a boring ending.

Possibly the worst meme from this board.

you seem upset. maybe you're just hungry?
perhaps some steamed sneeds will hit the spot

I also liked it

Agreed

Nah, it was pretty good. He's just being a fag.

IT is decent. It like a R rated goonies movie of a bunch of looser kids bonding over a summer and taking out a lovecraftian horror that awakes every 27 years.