Has anyone from Sup Forums ever gone to the cinema alone?

Has anyone from Sup Forums ever gone to the cinema alone?

I want to but I'm a bit afraid of doing it because you only go to the movies with your friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

amctheatres.com/amcstubs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

fpbp

>because you only go to the movies with your friends.
Says who? That's a childish and autistic way of thinking. The theaters are open all day for a reason

I can't

Have you ever seen an attractive man by himself in a cinema? Or a woman? Because I haven't. Only older people go alone during the day or autists.

Make sure you call the theater chain and check if the no singles policy applies to your age range

All the time you fucking faggot.

Most of my family and friends don't share my tastes.

Are you saying you're an attractive person? LOL

and yes, i have seen handsome men at theaters alone. Women are too shallow to appreciate films and need to go with their buddies to enjoy the experience.

>Have you ever seen an attractive man by himself in a cinema?
Oh shit guys, Fabio here is too pretty to go to the movies alone, why don't you stay home with your harem instead?

I've gone a couple of times alone.
When I have a free ticket, when friends too busy, when they have already seen it, or when no one wants to watch what I want.

I've literally only done it once on a weekday around 2pm, only went in due to a 3 hour break between work shifts. 5 / 6 people in the cinema. I heard 'look at that loser by himself' from a guy who was around 16 with his gf. I'll not be doing it again. Sorry for the dose of reality

I would consider myself an 8/10 but that's not the problem. I think I'd feel awkward and watched by anyone in the cinema. The worst part ist probably buying the ticket.

yeah i go alone all the time. it's not like you can talk with whoever you bring during a movie anyway. the only thing you miss out on is the pre- and post-film conversation. and since w all waste our lives on Sup Forums anyway, we don't really miss out on the conversation...

Bullshit. Post a pic with a timestamp or quit wasting everyone's time with this moronic thread.

No one is looking at your dumbass in the theater, not even the employees

>I would consider myself an 8/10
ah one of these threads, let's fucking go

What part of going to the movies has to do with friends or being attractive?
I would go alone all the time if I wasn't a poorfag. It's just comfy.
Sounds like OP is not very comfortable in his own company.

I am comfortable in my own company but what do you do? You have to take the bus to the cinema, then buy the ticket and wait like an idiot staring at your phone. And after the movie you have to go home in silence with no one to talk about. Sounds a bit boring.

And I'd feel a bit weird because as I said I've never seen normal people by themselves in a cinema.

Why don't you buy your ticket online or on your phone ahead of time and just show your phone to the ticket guy as soon as you walk in

>haven't seen normal people by themselves in a cinema
It's ok, you don't seem normal anyway

i went and the entire cinema was empty

Can't you buy the ticket online? Have you looked around at people once, user? Everyone is always alone staring at their phone.
Stop projecting so much. You haven't seen "normal people by themselves" cause you don't waste your time staring around at other people, you're too focused on yourself. And so is everyone else.
Trust me, no one gives a fuck.

POST THE FUCKING PIC SHITHEAD OR BTFO

Do it all the time, rarely at large chains, there's a small cinema close to my home that makes cycles about certain directors, with one week dedicated to all his movies etc.
Made some friends.
I'm euro by the way, don't know if americans have such things.

I go all the time alone, sometimes prefer it.

Here's a selfie I took earlier today but it's not very good imho but you judge

pic and time stamp mother fucker

people go to the movies with other people?

Reverse search says otherwise faggot

timestamp

I doubt that's you, but that is a handsome dude. But honestly, there's nothing wrong with going to see a movie alone unless you're a child

gonna go alone to see 2049 later this week. please odn't tell me you saw that with your gf

>asking timestamp when you could have call the lil bitch out with reverse search

user pls

can you go anywhere on your own? how do you function?

i think yours is a self confidence issue rather than a societal one with "normal people" apparently never going to the cinema on their own

I go alone all the time. No one gives a shit.

I go to the movies once a week by myself 90% of the time.

Wife doesn't care for movies, I love them. So I go to the AMC for $5 on tuesdays and the wife has her girlfriends over to do quilting/sewing stuff.

sometimes I go to an early weekday show before class, some movies I just really want to avoid the "theater going experience" of a hundred fat people and their kids

Funny I actually saw this movie at the cinema alone a few weeks ago

Also yeah I like to go alone sometimes, better experience and you don’t have to wait on others to go

>guy on till asks me if I'm sure I only want one ticket

I am literally about to do this. My brother doesn't want to go and they are pulling it out of the theaters soon. I think I am going to be the only one in the theater. Fuck it, I need an excuse to ride my bike anyways while its still riding season.

good looking man selfie

Ask him if he wants to watch it with you

wait is that 5 dollars is on tuesday daylight only or what? i have AMC around me but i mostly go at night so i think the ticket is a bit more expensive

FRIENDS

you only go the the movies with " friends " when its a shit movie

amctheatres.com/amcstubs

I have seen the following, alone, albeit surrounded by an audience, in the same room, on the same one movie theater screen:

Citizen Kane
The Room (I am one of a very select few who have watched both Orson Welles and Tommy Wiseau's parallel chimpouts on the big screen, and on the same one screen to boot)
Akira
Blade Runner
Alien
Aliens
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Stop Making Sense
Blue Velvet
2001: A Space Odyssey
The Thing (1982)
The Holy Mountain
Terminator 2: Judgment Day

This. Also make sure to tip the employee through the cinema's automated tipping system afterwards.

i went to blade runner with ten people

No one fucking cares about you OP

How was the audience at the Stop Making Sense showing

I got alone all the time on weekday nights. It’s like having the entire theater to myself. Super comfy.

I wished I had friends or a gf.

I did once, would probably never do it again
>tfw surrounded by couples and groups of friends

noice, thanks bro

also the time slot i want to go only have "real 3D", what the fuck is it even?

The standard digital 3d that they used since avitar.

Literally all the time. I want to watch a movie, to engage in a social experience.
Insecure faggots ITT

oh i see, you think it worth or make 2049 better?

i wear glasses already so usually i would rather not having to wear addition shit on top of it to watch movie

BR2049 is well worth seeing.

I went to prometheus alone and I walked out after about an hour

WIshed I walked out of Snowman yesterday

This looks like the beginnings of an amusing thread

I have seen the prestige in theaters alone. There were maybe 5 people in the theater with me, it was a pretty awesome experience. I havent done it again since then though. No real reason..just laziness.

Avoid 3D at all costs. If IMAX or dolby are not available for you anymore then you missed out and it's your fault. May as well just watch it on a standard screen instead of 3D

Laid back. People were engaged I guess but not over-the-top either.

It was a real treat for me because unlike most of the rest of the list, this screening was the first time I'd ever seen the film. The way that Byrne dances at and mugs for the camera during the opening Psycho Killer segment is very similar to how Ted Levine dances for the camera in Silence of the Lambs. I was also pleasantly surprised at the artful way that they brought out one group member at a time, and after 20 minutes or so I started picking up on how the film was just hopping seamlessly from one concert to the next. Also le big suite mane memes xDDD

Lol jeeze what a pansy you are.

I heard that the director himself was advising people not to see the film.

Yeah, Its the room but without the charm

yes, it's one of the best things you can do

kek, that is some shit
what exactly happened?

Ran out of time/money due to weather issues in norway.

1 year later they did reshoots, but realized they didn't have 1/5th of the script shot.

So they basicly did a performance bond work where they cut what they had to try to get something out to make a few bucks back.

you better be trolling, nigger
last 3 kino I have attended by myself:
>kingsman, br2049, foreigner

I had a great time without anyone there, late shows are comfy AF
>also went to see IT with a girl, and I was making autistic comments because "that's what you're supposed to do" and I figured it's better than being a creep saying nothing, uguu..

i just watch the trailer, it looks intriguing
but literally everybody is slamming it from critics to viewers
what was the issue, the movie feel incomplete and rushed or something else?

How was The Foreigner?

didn't like him, they should deport them all!

It could become a cult classic it that bad.

It just completely disjointed and has tons of production errors, people do not look the same scene to scene and so on.

Hell, it might be worth viewing to see how bad a film can be. its like a .5/10 that might be drunk comfy.

I Know this is a troll thread but I go to the movies about 3 times a week; with friends or by myself. Either way doesn't detract from the experience. I'll go to the early showings or Friday nights when it's completely packed. I've never had any anxiety about people judging me or people staring at me. I think I've enjoyed the movies more when I'm by myself.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you're young and can afford being sentenced to 5-10 in the popcorn mines.

>mfw thought user said a 5/10 drunk comfy which doesnt sound so bad
>zoom in and saw a . before 5

fucking hell, 0.5/10 is truly next level shit, i guess it is on my list for the future drunken watch then

Very good, not your typical Chan beat'em-up but when he starts making moves there's no stopping him.

who would notice? its all dark, and people who go together often dont come at the same time or go to the bathroom or for drinks or something

are there actually enough good movies to go 3 times a week? or do you just go as a habit and hope for a surprise sometimes

This
Maybe he might breed your boipussy after

It is amazing in it awfulness.

As a kid I often went with friends. Not a good experience. We all messed around, including me, couldn't even watch the movies. Basically we wasted our money.

Now I only go by myself whenever I want to watch something really worthwhile. But that's rare, most of the time I just wait for the BluRays because I can't stand watching a movie with other people who drink coke, garble popcorns and talk between each other while I'm trying to watch a movie. It just ruins the experience.

Kind of stopped going to the movies. I refuse to go alone these days.
Went once in college and it was one of the most depressing experiences of my life

Sometimes I'll go see a movie I've already seen. In the city I live in, we have a cinemark, two dollar movies that have older to newer movies, an Alamo that has frequent events and since I'm in a border town I can jump over to Mexico to their cinepolis and watch some Spanish movies.

i dont get why this bothers people so much, i have friends and i hate going to movies with them because they dont really give fuck about films they go just because. I guess going to the movies alone would only be hard if you dont actually have any friends to begin with

Speak for yourself faggot

I had a falling out with my cousin and he took his friends afterwards. I don't really care because they only went to blockbusters/capeshit anyways

I'll see whatever the fuck I want to see, The BFG was alright in my opinion. Not a blockbuster but a solid 7.5 and I was not let down in the least

>I had a falling out with my cousin and he took his friends afterwards.

damn, this is some gay shit you only ever heard from a couple splitting up

i saw the last terminator movie in a theater solo. I cried because of my loneliness but I didnt think I was weird for watching it alone.

Alama drafthouse is nice, from your description I'd assume you live in texas.
Used to have more of them around here but they start closing up one by one and now i have to drive like 20-30 mins to a nearest one.

Well, they're his friends in the first place (they're betas too). I was introduced to them through him, I guess he was like the glue holding us all together, lol. How's that for gay?

Just did last thursday for the first time in my life. it was amazing. saw kingsman a bit late. would recommend going alone

I have seen women alone on the cinema, mostly when I went to see some artsy or foreing film at my local hipster cinema.

Are no singles policies real? I've never experienced this, and it sounds like a really fucking stupid policy.

What's boring about going to a theatre to watch a movie? Do you never watch movies on your own at home either? Because I don't see how that would be any more or less boring. Point of going to a movie is to watch the movie. Going with friends is a bonus but in no way necessary.

watched BR2049 alone on friday evening, was good. Like I went there bought the ticket watched the movie and went home never missed company

I did once. It was while I was getting the car fixed.

Yeah, its real. I used to dress up my inflatable doll and take her to the movies to be able to get in. That was before she went lesbian though.

>who would notice? its all dark
People can tell you're sitting alone, especially if there's an empty seat by you. I've had popcorn thrown at me on occasions, and, while I didn't have the nerve to confront them about it, I'm sure it was because I was alone.
But the worst is buying the tickets when it's busy. One time a gaggle of high school girls noticed me as I was standing in line, and they started taunting me and calling me names, such as "freak", and even taking pictures with their phones as if I was some zoo spectacle. Another time, I had just walked in to the back of the line, when moments later a young brute and his girlfriend came up to me and cut right in front of me in line. I protested and said they should stand behind me, but the brute just stared down at me and claimed he was there first. I was dumbfounded at this blatant gaslighting, and couldn't argue any further. But I felt sorry for his girlfriend, who was clearly embarrassed by his actions and she seemed to laugh at nothing in particulate to diffuse the situation. People are animals, and so I can no longer go to the cinema.

I used to but I got fucking sick of having to pledge allegiance to BLM before every movie. Last time I went they also made it mandatory for all the guts to wear eyeliner, I'm fucking done with the Kinoplex.