Was this any good...

Was this any good? I skipped it in theatres because I thought the advertising was obnoxious but now I'm in the mood for some Scott kino and this is one of the few I haven't seen.

well worth a watch

Fun enough.
Looks pretty.
Pretty low stakes.

No real sense of danger. Very boring, while trying to be fast-paced. Sound design and visuals are good though.

It's ok.

Surprisingly feel good movie without being hokey.

I'M GONNA SCIENCE THE SH*T OUT OF THIS!
IN YOUR FACE NEIL ARMSTRONG!

never watched. Listened to the audiobook though during my night runs. Pretty enjoyable.

Well... The CGI is good, the rest is not that great. I saw everyone going crazy over this, then when I finally got to watch it, it was kind of disappointing.

Nigga should have inserted Aliens into the motherfucker to make it more interesting, at least it looked better than Alien Covenant.

its really terrible. people saying its ok are memeing on ya son

An okay movie that looks great? Sounds like Ridley to me. I guess I'll check it out.

Yeah this is the kind of shit I meant when I said I thought the advertising was obnoxious. Those two lines were in every tv spot.

The female captain and nigger astrophysicist were a little far fetched.

yeah i got that feel too. i liked it. i thought it was fun, but i didnt feel the weight of the situation all that much.

Fuck this piece of shit, its full of jokes pandering to reddit, the main character is a pretentious cunt, the entire script looks like it was written exclusively for the I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE XD crowd. The cgi looks cheap and the acting is atrocious. Don't even bother with this movie.

There was a Mexican flight engineer too . Uh yeah sure thing guys.

>dude I'm fucking iron man lol
Utterly retarded movie and very reddit.

It's an okay dad movie with the bonus of great visuals like every Ridley Scott sci-fi movie. Do be warned Ridley attempts comedy a few times in the movie though.

It was made to make dumb people feel smart. "I'm going to science the shit out of this" Scientists say stupid shit like this only in an idiots imagination.

thats why it's called science fiction

Ridley Scott is a gifted world builder but a terrible story teller

Well he didn't write the script.

Eh, it was a fun sci-fi comedy. It's made in a way that it doesn't feel offensive, despite it not being particularly clever or novel.

Typical Sunday afternoon flick, enjoyable. I do physics for a living, and I think I flinched less than average.

Why not user, there's definitely worse picks.

>Ridley Scott
>comedy
Oh no.

There's a part where, when all hope is lost, the brave and noble Chinese government steps in and saves the day. Thank you Cina you are the true great people of brave and heroism A #1 . (I hate Hollywood.)

>problem
>solution
>problem
>solution
>problem

Its like watching a season of star-trek on fast forward

DUDE SCIENCE LMAO
It's not the worst movie ever of course but still quite shitty simply because it wants to be a science movie while being scientifically inacurrate.
It's one of the most reddit movie ever also

its alright but matt damon was spouting marvel tier quips nonstop so it kinda killed it for me

Kek

>Chinese government
nah it was the director of their space program who saved the day, while heavily implying the chinese government would have preferred to cover up the fact they could have helped

It's good, the book is very good

I liked it.

When you're alone a million miles from home you have to find ways to entertain yourself

Which begs the question of does semen have enough calorie count to justify jerking off every few days to get an extra dipping sauce?

Earth was Mars the entire time!

Radio discipline. Even when you're a million miles from home, a NASA astronaut would never break protocol and curse on an official record. The dialog throughout the movie between Damon and Mission Control was completely unbelievable and the "video diary" even more so. Further proof that Ridley cares not for realism, script or story.

we don't really know that, no NASA astronaut has ever been in such a prolonged period of distress and isolation
even the Apollo 13 mission only lasted 5 days and there were 3 astronauts present so they could relieve tension by interacting with eachother

>Blaming ridley to being true to the source book

K