What`s Sup Forums opinion on Tarantino?

What`s Sup Forums opinion on Tarantino?
Why does it feels like he's overrated?

what is this haircut called? goin to the barber in 20 mins.

Only Sup Forumstards hates him, we approve his films and he in his personal life as well.

I think he's overrated, but I don't think that means he's bad. I think he's really, very good. He's an auteur without question, and his movies are all fantastic - they're not earth shattering cinema but they have been responsible for establishing serious trends/copycats, which is to say they are, unquestionably, influential.

I like his stuff and always look forward to his new movies. I have not seen Hateful 8 though.

It's called "balding"

he's fucking garbage, you have shit taste and need to watch more films if you disagree.

jewish slave

He is, he literally does not understand cinema.

>Why does it feels like he's overrated?
How culd you possibly think he's overrated?
If you have spent anytime here at all you would know he is obviously underrated, given the culture here seems to be you're only allowed to like one of his films - and the rest are shit.
He may be overrated by mainstream audiences, but he is very underrated on this board.

I don't enjoy his films.

yeah, I feel similar. I think he has good movies, but people praise him so much. with nolan I think is the same thing. I`m always saying "calm down everyone, he's just a competent director"

>dude, remake french heist films
>dude, steal a memento meme
>dude, remake the thing

fuck this doughy foot freak

Inglourious Baldlets

Talented and unique but sloppy and anachronistic

He's great, regardless of him being popular.

Why does Sup Forums hate him? I feel like they'd be pretty neutral on his movies.

Both can make movies that can be enjoyed on multiple levels while retaining all the fundamentals that make a movie a movie (a cohesive story, charachters etc.). That already makes them both great filmaker, not just competent.

Death Proof (Director's Cut) is undeniably his best work. From a story perspective, and craftsmanship perspective nothing he's done before or since has outmatched either its brutal simplicity or daring ambitiousness.
Transplants from other boards and sites will deny it, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still his best work.

Django is hot garbage his worst offering by far (although the first segment is good), Jackie brown wasn't that good, Basterds is pretty boring after the bar scene. Pulp Fiction is still good, so is Reservoir Dogs even if it is a rip off of City on Fire. Kill Bill 1&2 are very good. Hateful 8 is great while they're in the stagecoach, but was otherwise fairly terrible. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

He's got a pretty good batting average all things considered, and while I don't know that I'd put him in my favorites category, I enjoy his stuff.

Django was fucking terrible.

Oh come on, if Django if terrible how do we classify Zach Snyder's movies?

But I agree, Django is too much of a normal movie.
I bielieve his best work to be Kill-Bill (all of the five hours, if not it doesn't make sense).

I can give you a rundown of Snydershit if you want?

Django had a really strong first forty minutes, but it loses a lot of the momentum it has going into the plantation (gunfight is cool, I'll concede that). Actually, I'd venture to say Django has a lot of similarities to Snyder's works where the director just can't hold on to the thematic and tonal thread holding it all together. For instance MoS is pretty solid until Zod shows up throwing a wrench in the progression (whether you agree with how the progression has happened and like it is another story).
Up until the FIGHT in BvS there are some clear motives and tension, but as soon as the fight is resolved lol Doomsday Lol Wondy lol NUKES lmoa. It just kinda falls apart.
Problem with Django is that it happens WAY too early in the movie, and way too early for its own good.
If Django was the John Legend song featured in the latter parts of the movie, it would've been something really great I reckon. When a 3 minute music video for a song (you didn't write) does a much more creative job of visual storytelling than you've done in the previous hour and a half+, you've fucked up.

I'm saying this as someone that likes Tarantula a lot (and enjoys some of Snyder's work), so take it however you will. I'm just extremely dissatisfied with a subpar work, for a creative I consider capable of delivering much better.

Somebody got triggered enough to make that.

That's actually pretty well said

I go to the supermarket to buy food and I literally understand how massive retail outlets work.

Hi leddit

He makes pretty good movies but he sucks at acting and that might be why some find him overrated

just lmao @ all the brainlets here who think his trash is any different than capeshit but "edgy and quirky"

Tarantino lost me after Kill Bill vol 2. that movie sucked so bad.

UNO

Thanks

I think the only main criticism of his filmmaking/writing that I'd throw at him, is that his films lack subtext.

There's conflict and good plot but there's not much behind them. I always watch his films thinking they're just really well made B-movies.

>librul douche
>hasn't gone to film school and it shows
>hasn't made anything remotely good since reservoir dogs and pulp fiction and been riding the gravy train ever since

I think he´s just a guy who understood normies enough to make movies for normies, but with a shit ton of dialogue that it doesn´t go anywhere to the story with the exception of a few lines, and normies without knowledge about what makes a movie good would take the "dialogue" as brilliant; example:

"Hey, hey, come on, man! You´ve put like 5 rap songs in a row, quit it, you nigger"

"Watch yo´ mouth, nigga, I grew up with that shit"

"Why do niggers always like rap? Why can´t they listen to some blues or something? What about jazz? Black people are good for that too"

"Hey, my nigga, you know the history about rap? Basically it started up as a tool to comunicate what niggas in the gettos felt, without getting shot by no cop"

"So what?"

"So WHAT?! It´s culture you dumbass!"

"So is beating a woman with stones to death if she fucks with other man, at least in muslim countries"

"Fuck those niggas, man, we´re in America!"

"Well, there´s shit parts of culture in every part of the world, America is not an exception"

"You know what, nigga? I´ll tell you what, when the first rap songs came out, the lyrics were pure gold, I´ll tell ya, they all talked about the importance of...

(Then finally the fucking story advances)

(Let´s imagine someone crashes with them)

"Ah!!!, what the fuck?!!!"

And that´s with 80% of his movies.

I think he´s overrated because a lot of """filmmakers""" wannabe and normies can digest his movies very easily and overthink what they see, show them a Hitchcock movie and they won´t make it to the end

>if you arn't a leftist you must be Sup Forums

do you need to be reminded of pic related?

He can't write believable dialogue to save his life.

Because he is. But he makes pretty good movies from time to time