Why didn't this do well?

Why didn't this do well?
>Inb4 too smart for audience
Gravity, inception, and interstellar all did well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ES6jTsZ4NQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gravity and inception weren't intelligent.
Not saying Bladerunner was a deep movie or anything but it still was 8/10 sci fi movie which is sad because with it bombing we won't see any serious big budget sci fi movie in the near future.

the only people who want to see it are big fans of the original.
it's sad to say, but that's a relatively small demographic

Marketing wasn't that great. Didn't trend on reddit so it didn't become a social event like MCU where normalfags can talk about explosions or some shit.
The movie is also 3 hours long and most normalfags pretend they don't have time for that despite filling their time with meaningless bullshit like browsing facebook.
The movie is good, but in 2017 that's not enough.

>Gravity, inception

>running time
>sequel to a cult film
>normies don't understand what a waifu is

Because Americans

3-hour low concept sci-fi that's a sequel to a film that half the people who saw it thought it was boring.

Not enough marketing dollars, and the trailer has basically every action scene in the movie, because the movie is noir sci-fi mystery.

Just be glad it was good and got made.

DESU
SENPAI
IDK

So did the original, its ment to be, like poetry, it ryhmes

The original release of the orginal was shyte, and the cult following it gradually built is still small spuds.

all of those are based on mainstream ideas like love, family etc. and also have conventional relatable protagonists. BR2049 is the opposite, its based on alienation and existential grief, with a protagonist that only depressed people relate to. So yes, it does come down to 'normies' but not because they are dumb, they are well-adjusted.

its a thinks mans movie. dumb ppl like rick and morty because it lets u in on the joke.

it was a long, boring, unnecessary sequel and the people I know that saw it didn't think it was good

how was graviry smart? It was essentially a situational disaster movie with 2 really famous leads.

Interstellar and inception just felt wth wierd or cool ideas, neither ideas were nessesarily deep or intelligent on their own

>Long
>Boring
Into the trash your post goes

Marketing. I haven't seen a single advertisement for this film, not a single one. And I watch a lot of tv.

i wanted to watch but then i just couldnt be arsed LOL, i'll wait till i can get it for free

Cyberpunk.

Americans don't go to the movies anymore man.
IT was an anomaly.

Joi > Luv

you're missing out bro, its one of those movies that really benefit from IMAX, that comfy feeling of being enveloped by the screen & soundtrack

unless a movie is good it has no business being almost 3 hours long

They go to theatres, just to watch Capeshit, Star Wars, and Animated movies

>long
>boring
people said the same about the original so at least its consistent.
As for it being an unnecessary sequel, that might be true but its the best sequel/remake I've seen since True Grit

Okay? What's your point

I saw it last night and was very impressed.

But I'd have a hard time recommending it to a lot of people I know. It's sad and patient with itself.

I kind of wish it had been a standalone rather than a sequel. The original BR is kind of goofy and fun with all the costuming and cyber punk stuff. This one felt much heavier.

first movie was under 2 hours

it was great tho so...

That's not really true since Pirates, Transformers and Power Rangers all flopped.

the ads i saw really did make it seem like shitty, generic scifi garbage like Lucy or something.

The enjoyment you derive from watching gravity or inception is not dependent upon larger philosophical themes in the same way blade runner is. You could argue the same for interstellar but it still does much more in that category than those two "smart" films you posted

But it did have alot of useless and unnecessary scenes that could've been shorter or scrapped completely without altering the plot at all

My theater is literally playing three Sundance films over this entire weekend.

what is lotr uncut

And that is not representational of america as a whole

None of those are what I said

Wow good job picking titles that fit none of those categories dumb bitch

Gravity, Inception, and Interstellar were plebeian fucking trash.

Neither is your shut-in assessment that Americans only watch capeshit or animated film. Blade Runner is not straight up "bombing", like you retards keep pretending. Internationally, it is doing fine.

>Gravity, inception, and interstellar

What does a person look like who uses the word "plebian" in his vocab?

>Only being able to contemplate and relate to stories that show you results of reproduction to trigger your mummy daddy endorphins means you aren't dumb

And thats even giving the average mouthbreather too much credit.

Explain how they're not.

not a theatrical release

6', blonde, well-muscled.

probably not like the straw man you conjure up in your mind

Because the acting was a joke and the 'serious' moments made me laugh my ass off.
The 'message' is feelsly bullshit for the NEETs and waifu-loving autists in the audience.
A person was guaranteed to cry every 10 minutes.
Ford's acting was about as good as a brick.
50% of the visuals were 'generic sci-fi film' and the other 50% was 'Bootleg Blade Runner'
>inb4 im baiting
>inb4 'watch it again'
>inb4 gtfo normie/chad/reddit

I fucking hate this board so much. No wonder you guys are considered one of the worst board on Sup Forums.

They were all "2deep4you" and made it easy for any retard to pretend they were smart for watching them.

Meanwhile BR2049 deals with issues that are not completely surreal and unrealistic and therefore can be actually intellectual, and it has no moments where the characters go "wow this is really deep and sheeeeit"

Lol you sound defensive.

I'll also add that I have aqua eyes, am clean-shaven, and have had a shower within the last 8 hours.

lol you sound like a nigger

get gud you shitter

>No wonder you guys are considered one of the worst board on Sup Forums.
This isn't Sup Forums.

>using the term plebian makes you a faggot
>"woah what a strawman!"
>you sound defensive
>"but, but, but...you a nigger!"
So easy to bait.

t. nigger

Because couples and families going on their night out would rather watch capeshit with quips than a 3 hour long sci-fi movie

Cringe.

this desu
interstellar in particular is a great example of a boring and plebian film, nolan shills will disagree. i saw br2049 and interstellar in theaters and interstellar is the worse film by a wide margin.

It is Cyberpunk, a niche genre of Sci-Fi. Also, it has no black people in it so Americans, being the chink tier turboplebs that they are, didn't watch it. It didn't flop internationally, it exceeded projections.

Not too smart for the audience, no. Too smart for Ameriplebs.

>Any Oscars this movie is nominated for will be won at the last moment by the newest flick about some homosexual trans minority that barely squeaked past the deadline for the recency bonus.

How does this make you feel?

I can't even begin to describe how refreshing it was to see something like this after so long.

I don't care about the Oscars; like you said it's just a Jewish subversion award.

>those legs

>interstellar in particular is a great example of a boring and plebian film
I'm surprised a lot of people disagree with this and consider it a good sci fi. The fucking main premise of it was "Love transcends dimensions"

gravity, inception, and interstellar didn't have a rating that restricted minors from viewing them in theaters.
two of those were also made by a director who for some reason has built in hype behind his name.

Too many unpredictably unsettling and discomfiting moments.

Because not that many people care about Bladerunner.

claim you're waifu, fags
claiming mine

I mean big Denis was working off the back of Arrival and that movie was fairly well received as a good sci fi concept done competently

The oscars have been a reward to the best propaganda piece produced in the year for awhile now.

That's not her.

Of course it is.

These are two different people, do you have face blindness?

Gravity , interstellar , inception all rated pg 13...
Blade runner, rated R + Almost 3 hours...+ not focused around action..It had more in common with Ghost in the shell (the 1995 anime) than Ghost in the shell...(with Scarlet)...Slow paced, focused on existentialism etc..
+ keep in mind the original also flopped back then.

That plus, "purists" fucking idiots who boycotted the film. Like this asshole...(who saw the pirated version , which was badly edited, lasted 2h15min, shit image quality and audio..) and still shitted on the film...
youtube.com/watch?v=ES6jTsZ4NQs
Also women didn't gave a shit.

>homosexual trans minority that barely squeaked past the deadline for the recency bonus.
when was the last time this happened? Are you talking about The Best Picture nom? Let's be honest, BR2049 isn't The Best Picture material, not by a long shot.

perhaps, but he was really working off of the preconception that it was yet another hollywood reboot of a movie nobody asked for. and of a niche genre on top of that.

>These are two different people, do you have face blindness?
Nop same person.

It was too good for this world.

>who saw the pirated version , which was badly edited, lasted 2h15min, shit image quality and audio..)
what a fucking dickhead

>Why did a sequel to a 35 year old flop become a flop?

Not many people are into Blade Runner and that's ok. That's the definition of a cult film.

>flop
None of you know what this word means.

Except it's not. First one is barely 18.

Mark Kermode is obsessed with Blade Runner and even he said it flopped

Over half of the top 10 movies this year are capeshit. Also what the hell does Blade Runner doing well internationally have to do with whether americans only watch capeshit and animated movies?

I'm pretty sure most people will agree both are good movies, just because they are flops doesnt mean they're considered bad by a general audience

retard

It has to do with the fact that the film didn't flop.

>what a fucking dickhead
Not to mention this cunt BANNED people on twitter, (and later when on to lie, said that he saw the film in cinemas because he was losing credibility...(even though he said he would never pay a dime to see it.) he of course used pîrated images of the film for his review...

Keep in mind, this is a guy who thought that star wars force awakens was great and original (even though it basically was a remake of a Last Hope).. Same guy who fucking loved Nolan's Dark Knight rises. (though it's far from being his best film)...

He's a contrarian.

That doesn't just make it true.

Gravity, inception, and interstellar are not too smart for audience.

waste of dubs

nah, they're entertaining.

lmao those movies are not smart

This movie is way too weird conceptually for normies. No one understands or wants to understand a story about emotionally naive androids working through their problems with AI waifus and extremely savage violence. It has no appeal to most people who will ever live.

It was made for us and we love it like our own family.

Yeah. I hate this faggot.

What kind of new trend is to call other contrarians, when their opnions are different? Everyone can be contrarian. Please learn to use that word properly.

>Except it's not. First one is barely 18.
I can assure you, it's the same person
Do you want proof ?