Blade Runner 2049 BTFO

indiewire.com/2017/10/blade-runner-2049-denis-villeneuve-box-office-1201886155/

>Jeff Goldstein, Warner Bros.’ domestic distribution president, admitted the company had overestimated the appeal of “Blade Runner” in a statement made to Reuters following the disappointing box office numbers.

Peace out, Denis.

>Goldstein
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

This is sad

they also are adamant that denis made a good film, and the article suggests it was their marketing's fault the film flopped. (it wasn't)

>(it wasn't)
(It was)

Didn't see a single ad for the movie.

Why didnt he just make a capeshit tier Nu wars style nostalgia fest! Stupid goyim

>Goldstein

Hopefully they learn from that mistake and stick to capeshit instead.

I think it's the fact the the film is 3 hours long and doesn't appeal to a mainstream audience at all.

>Why didnt he just make a capeshit tier Nu wars style nostalgia fest
What do you mean why didn't he?

i don't understand.. why is it the directors fault that executives overestimated the popularity of a franchise?

he did a fantastic job at directing the movie. it's fantastically put together. it's not his fault execs are up their own ass. why blame villy?

>le wrong generation face

>It's Denis' fault Americans are stupid

>i-it was the marketing's fault!

Why are sci-fi fags so retarded? It's a 3-hour long borefest sequel to a flop. Cult classic doesn't mean shit. It just means a very small group of people are very vocal about it.

just like the first movie. it will slowly become recognized as one of the greatest scifi movies ever made

It'll sweep the Oscars regardless and The Villian will get probably half the budget of BR2049 to make Dune and it's all the Amerisharts fault for being chink tier turboplebs.

Like clockwork

>overestimated the appeal of “Blade Runner”

Blade Runner was always a film that people mostly just said was a favourite of their, in order to sound patrician.
Plenty of people respect it, but I feel that very few actually enjoy it;

THIS

"Blade Runner" is a reddit flick in itself, but you fuckers memed me into wasting my time on this shit by pretending like it was somehow art... I should have known better.

I wonder who could be behind these posts

3 hours?
I thought maybe two. Felt like one tho.

>overestimated the appeal of “Blade Runner”

The first movie bombed too, but it had a cult following. the cult following for Blade runner has became bigger than when the first film came out but blockbuster worthy? perhaps not but I'm glad it got made because it's great.

>wait 30-40 years to make a sequel
>wonder why people aren't into it anymore

Normies will all of a sudden flock to it's defense when it wins a bunch of Golden Globes and Academy Awards

I'm sure you only allow yourself to watch the highest quality art house films.

Nah, this will not reflect badly on Denis. Blade Runner's brand appeal has nothing to do with Blade Runner's hardly-seen sequel's direction. Everyone saw the reviews. Everyone knows he did a good job. Maybe peace out, Blade Runner, but Denis won't lose any work because of this.

I'm not the guy complaining about running time, I'm just someone not enamored with "pop culture" middle brow garbage, ironically in itself a very "jewish" mode of expression.

I think this movie would have had more commercial success if it was released in November

>Released alongside Ragnarok, the new Pixar movie and Justice League

>spend $350 million on a boring movie where nothing happens
>surprised when no one goes to see it

who finalizes these decisions?

>pop culture
>flops
You do know what the "pop" in "pop culture" means right?

popcorn

>not hiring JJ Abrams

The movie would have been fine if it didn't cost what it did.

Scifi movies are very hit and miss. They can have massive appeal or be the biggest bomb of the year. 150M was a dumb gamble to make.

It got dethroned by fucking Happy Death Day, at least it could die with dignity

son

>Goldstein

THERE ARE KEKS ON THIS BOARD WHO ACTUALLY PAID A TICKET TO WATCH THIS HAHAHAHA

Thor 3 already flopped

Naw, it's a great movie and it deserved it's budget. It's actually a good thing it flopped, otherwise we'd see it rehashed over and over again

Yes, "popular" as in "of the people". It's a euphemism for bourgeoisie art.

>Chinese
>people

The jews are right though

Seriously, think about it. They make focus-tested hollywood trash movies over and over and the goyim eat it up. Release one big budget movie with just the slightest bit more cerebral plot though, and the burgers get bored and confused and go watch Madea's Halloween or whatever instead. Can you really blame them for making capeshit and garbage if that's all people will pay to see?

Wtf I love jews now?

name your top 5 movies. i guarantee you jews helped make it

>admitted the company had overestimated the appeal of “Blade Runner”

They are right
They put too much money into it because they thought it was an all time classic that warranted a sequel which would make audiences flock to the theathers

But Blade Runner never had mass appeal.

Shouldn't have given the budget that big.

>It's Denis' fault that he chose to make a sequel to a great film that didn't need a sequel

WTF is wrong with you people? You complain about capeshit and when they try and do something different. YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT TOO!! box office doesn't mean it's a good movie. Just means there are a lot of retards out there that just want to watch capeshit.

>implying this piece of crap is that different than capeshit

that's what happens when you run everything by corporate boardroom diktat. delusion abounds.

same things is happening with these new Netflix exclusive stuff and Disney's Star Wars franchise.

at least for the most part they are succeeding

>the discussion of the movie has already degenerated into waifu circlejerk
Well, that was fast.

you are part of the problem.

Serves them right.

>complain
>thinks Sup Forums is one person
>he doesn't know that Sup Forums has been compromised with capeshitters for years now

t. nü-Sup Forums

Can some nerd who's studying film theory why did they have make it such an open ending?

It really bust my almonds to see I just went to see half of a 6 hour movie.

should I watch it in theater or wait for it to be on TV bros?

when will it be on HBO or something?

Theater.

This.
Is fucking disheartening.

Rent it. You're not missing anything, and you can at least pause it later.

t. brainlet

The first one was very straightforward and lean– there are some robots, and then Harrison Ford’s gotta fuck ‘em up. This one, it’s just Ryan Gosling rambling around, and then when he’s not rambling around, there’s all these scenes where he’s dating a hologram that’s into being a cuck…??? But when you’re not watching all these scenes of Goose and cuckbot exploring their relationship, the fundamental mystery was all a little TOO earth-shattering – like, it wasn’t just an A-to-B movie because they went just so, so big with it all. So, after 3 hours of nothing much happening, SLOWLY, they end the movie with nothing much resolved, so they can set up a half dozen sequels because the story’s too big for this one…? And it’s just all another example of how people keep gambling on franchises instead of movies. I got no rooting interest in franchises; I just want to see a movie.

he's right.

Should've made a not-shit movie.

This. He was brought in to do a job. He did that job wonderfully. The rest is up to them.

t. women

DEFINTELY theatre

I'm really starting to believe that Hollywood could crash and burn within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years ago it would have been trivial for jewish execs to market this into success.

At least it is being discussed

I laugh every time I read this kind of bullshit.
Is enough to remember what the brainlets then said about the original.

they can literally only survive on capeshit now, everything else makes a loss

>everything else makes a loss
perhaps the budgets are bloated?

An open ending concerning what? Deckard finds his daughter and K dies contently knowing he did something that mattered. We don't know what happens with the rebels or replicants in the long run, like we didn't know what would happen with Rachel, Deckard and replicants by the end of the first.

it means executives would be less willing to green light a good movie like 2049 out of fear of not making money

>According to PostTrack, 65% of the film’s audience was made up of males and a whopping 77% was moviegoers over the age of 25, meaning the film failed to breakout of its core fan base.

Ignoring children, isn't 25+ males the biggest demographic of all?