Space above and beyond

Anyone still remember this one? Great attempt at a military scifi show: seemed very plausible, interesting topics and a great soundtrack.
Should/can this series get a revival?

never heard of it.
imo best military scifis are SG1 and Starship Troopers

I believe in all of you!

damn
that takes me back!
I vaguely remember it was great: "Top Gun but in space! yasssss" I was only interested because it was produced/directed by some good directors from X-files

Top-tier sci-fi television.

The episodes with ray butts and chiggy Von Richthofen are great

>chigs
>chiggy von richtohfen

>col. butts
>pancakes down a black hole
i think this is the first time i heard johnny cash

It was the precursor to the second iteration of BS:G, proabably a little inspired by the Starship Troopers movie that came out around that time, and I remember liking it quite a bit. Shame it got cancelled without any real closure.

Fox strikes again

Oh mama

>.avi

I don't think I've met a person in real life who has seen this apart from my father. It's an absolute hidden gem that got cancelled way too soon.

Tried to watch it. Got turned off by all the gung-ho shit and indistinguishable characters.

It's just a militaristic wank fantasy in space, for Murcans who are too obese to join the real military.

Is that you Verhoeven?

I kind of remember this? But were the characters marines or pilots they do episodes as both?

yes.

One of early SF shows that showed humanity in grey light.
You think it is heroic space military story but then it turns out a bit different.
I liked the revelation at the end who their enemy was.

>It's just a militaristic wank fantasy in space, for Murcans who are too obese to join the real military.

Ha! They turn this around by the end of the series.

Exactly

“...you will pay in a lump sum for all the sorrows you have caused my companions.”

I remember when it was on, me everyone I knew loved it, got a lot more praise than any other show at the time. No of course it won't get a revival though.

I loved that show, but they just trailed away on the plot.....