What are Sup Forums's thoughts on pic related? I thought it was pretty good...

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on pic related? I thought it was pretty good, but I felt like it should've been just a little bit longer.
>that sex scene

it was good. pretty weird and boring at times but i enjoyed it. wouldnt watch it again . maybe special features but thats it.

really fucking boring

i'll bet that I'll enjoy it 20 years from now

Was invested in it as a Kaufman fan. Shorter than I expected and I wish they elaborated more on the protagonist's mindset, but the tone and the performances were great. Animation was really impressive, too.

I do wish it got a little weirder like when he was pulling his face off, but overall I really liked it.

I was ready to turn it off by the 30 minute mark because it felt like hardly anything had happened up until that point. I didn't realize the characters looking identical was a plot point and not just because they're all puppets, or even that they all sound the same because the only one with any decent amount of lines is the ex-girlfriend so I chalked it up to an isolated instance of weirdness in a very weird movie. After a while I started to think maybe it was going to be about a guy who realizes he's a puppet and was disappointed when it turned out to be about a guy who is sad because he's such an asshole.

Garbage. Other than the long cringeworthy sex scene barely anything noteworthy happenned.

I can understand that it's definitely not for everyone, but what about it did you not like specifically?

this is a better stop motion film

Not that user, but it's theme is tired, and even as a critique, it's still past due.

There are plenty of other pieces that deal with similar themes as Anomalisa in similar ways, but the lack of subtlety presented in Anomlisa just comes off as obnoxious and pretentious by bashing the viewer over the face with it's point: "Look at how everyone looks and sounds the same to him! He's such an obnoxious douche who doesn't understand how he got to this point in his life! But wait, here comes the one opportunity for that to change and he's gonna whiff it!"

It's a good piece, but I didn't particularly enjoy the ride. Maybe you can just cop it off to personal bias. Though for all the obtusity in thematic presentation, it still never really clarifies whether the audience is supposed to sympathize with Michael or if it's supposed to be critical of this sort of ego-inflating mass depersonalization, and the objectification of femininity as a means out of it.

Do you read Etgar Keret? They're all Etgar Keret short stories. Not to go into a "The Book Was Better" thing or anything. Yeah, it was a good film.

Pretty hot.

Pretty good movie. After something as vast and ambitious as Synecdoche, New York I didn't expect something as mundane and personal as Anomalisa from Kaufman but I found myself enjoying it for what it is, very much so. It was a very effective little drama. Thewlis is a pretty great voice actor.

ITT people not recognizing his mental disorder. Look up fregoli delusion

I usually never stop movies and continue watching at some other time
But this shit was so fucking boring

>bashes you over the head

but this user right here said he didnt get it at first, so they obviously dont bash you over the head.

>, it still never really clarifies whether the audience is supposed to sympathize with Michael or if it's supposed to be critical of this sort of ego-inflating mass depersonalization, and the objectification of femininity as a means out of it.

Why does it have to? Make up your own goddamn mind. For someone who tries to talk sophisticated you sure think small.

An amazing film and one of the few animated films that actually work solely in the realm of animation and couldn't be done with live action.

Sup Forums won't get it though. They want more Pixar/Dreamworks garbage to stem them over between Steven Universe episodes.

I really loved it, though it does drag on.

Good movie but it's really for the Arthouse crowd, not for the people who enjoy capeshit

It was okay. Overrated, but okay. Not Kaufman's best.

I enjoyed both this and capeshit

I'm glad you can enjoy both honestly.

Better Stop Motion Animated movie

Thank you. But I do get what you mean, capeshit as a genre in film has become mass marketed.

Yeah that's pretty much why I'm getting sick of it.

That and Guardians was the last Superhero movie I enjoyed

Well I personally really like BvS and thought Doctor Strange was fun enough to watch for free and while I liked Guardians the first time I saw it, every re-watch of it has just tanked my opinion of it.

I guess different strokes for different folks, but I bet Logan will be pretty good. I mean you dont HAVE to watch capeshit, and there are always smaller capeshit movies like Super, Mystery Men, and that short film The League by Kyle Higgins which aint bad.

Super is still my favorite superhero movie handsdown

It was a very well written film, but I thought the lead was too vain

>>I do wish it got a little weirder like when he was pulling his face off
I was waiting for it to turn into The Shining.
It has one scene of spook but that's all.

>Make up your own point for the movie to exist
No. The movie needs to justify its own existence.

They spelled Mona backwards, stupid fucks.

I'm gratified that someone pointed this out so close to the top of the thread. I would have been deeply upset if this came in like 200 posts down.

It was good but the character was super unlikable. I hated him.

>Sup Forums won't get it
No fucking kidding. I guess this is why we don't have a lot of threads about movies that aren't disney/dreamworks/etc or for adults

I loved it but i love depressing shit..i know, i need help

Wow dude, you're so jaded

I enjoyed it, although I took slightly too long to realise that everyone had the same face. I realised the guy's ex had a masculine voice when he was reading her letter, but I thought he was reading it in his own voice as a sign of self-centeredness.

I think I would have liked it a lot less if the final scene was cut, if only because I find it nice to show that in spite of everything Michael can still have a positive impact on someone's life. Not Kaufman's best work, great movie though.

Uh...that was the central point of the movie. Everyone is sameface. If you had to think at all to catch that you need to educate yourself