How come Americans don't like Blade Runner 2049?

How come Americans don't like Blade Runner 2049?

not enough explosions and quips

>too long
>too serious
>too smart for them

"Runner" put most of them off.

It's too emotional

Nobody likes Vilanova's flicks.

Lol

It doesn't come with a laughter track. Whooptards have to have their canned laughter.

Too smart for Millenidumbs, and anyone older is sick of fucking remakes.

A nation of utter plebs

it wasn't as FUN as it was FUNNY

>no strong non-white characters
>no wacky commercials
>nobody at theaters to clap with

D R O P P E D

Underrated

I'm American, and I thought it had very poor focus.
The CHILD xDDDD thing should've been scrubbed wholly from the movie.
I liked Ford's Deckard, but ultimately Deckard's presence severely detracted from the movie.

That isn't to say it didn't have some excellent parts, but there was just too much plot for what should've been a simple detective story in a big world.

Only appeals permavirgins because they like to self-insert

Jeremy Renner is a good actor though

>should've been a simple detective story in a big world

Ladies and gentlemen, Americans.

>The CHILD xDDDD thing should've been scrubbed wholly from the movie.

Would the remaining 20 minutes have been too long to hold your attention?

I just saw this movie today and thought it was fucking garbage. Visually it was stunning stunning but it was without any real point. There was no reason for them to make this movie since it doesn't add anything to the original. I really wanted to like the movie since the original is my favorite sci-fi movie, but I really hated it. 2049 was largely pointless in how little it added to the original, cold, and without any emotional weight to the plot. Also the AI girl just felt like a ripoff of Her. They also completely wasted Harrison Ford.

Im worried what this flop means for my waifu's career. Would it help save the movie and her career if i buy a hundred tickets online? Im serious, Sup Forums what can we do to save her?

As if your box office disagreed. Get bent, yuropoor.
BR is a film you commies can't understand. 2049 was watered down.

Considering the scenes in his apartment are probably 30 minutes worth of total screen time and little of that is dwelling on the silly hamfisted jesus stuff, I thinkI would've been fine.

The opening scene with the fight was garbage because of the fight, which postponed a foregone conclusion Drax already acknowledged. Deckard and K meeting? Ruined by their fighting. Tense stares across a table would've done everything much easier.

Deckard vs K is analogous to Batman fighting Superman. Wholly unnecessary and only their for fan-service.

You could've trimmed an hour from the movie and it would've been little different than it was.

>Also the AI girl just felt like a ripoff of Her.
I thought it did a much better job with its "20 minutes" than Her did in the entirety of its runtime, but I do agree, maybe not as strongly, with your sentiments.

>Drax already acknowledged

Subtle, spicy, I like it.

I can never remember his name I'm sorry.

I don't go to theaters anymore. I'll probably see it when it's out on blu-ray.

Is it still playing? I'm busy with school maybe I can see it next weekend.

It did almost twice as well in Europe though.

I didn't care for it, and I would still recommend seeing it in theaters.

Plebeian fag.

I am also currently broke as fuck so I couldn't go see it in theaters even if I wanted to.

You are a dumb.
Harrison Ford doesn't care anymore and only acts for the meme money.
I wish they could just cattleprod him into acting better, but sadly that's not how it works.

Which version of the OG blade runner should I watch?

Final Cut

Hardly. Only 60 ish% of its box office take is from overseas.
Your math needs some serious work.

The issue isn't that it not making money. (And it closer to breaking even then most think due to the finance package) but the issue is that they spent 150 million dollars on a film that should have been 100 million.

ladies and gentlemen, the american audience

Final or theatrical.

Pick one and develop an unwavering opinion on it.

BAZINGA!
>Cue 5 minutes of laughtracks

i cross the border to mexico and watch two movies for 8 bucks vip, fuck america is overpriced shit tickets

Final Cut

Don't watch the theatrical since it had lots of studio interference in the plot and dumb voiceovers. Final Cut is the best version out there of the original (doesn't have the bad voiceover and it keeps to the original vision of the movie without studio interference).

Okay thanks guys, after that I'll go watch the prequels they released a couple months ago and then watch the new movie

Because the film is boring as fuck. There's like 20 shots of them flying somewhere that are all 30secs long. It's philosophy has been done before so its not like it's ground breaking or fresh. That's why people don't like it

Final, since it is the only one which Ripley had full creative control over
The other ones were cut (some butchered) by the producers or the dumb and gay standards of television

Shut up you fucking gimp

Not an argument

Fact: There has never been a good sequel that was released more than 4 years after the last installment.

Hmmmm, this seems actually really plausible

>Deckard vs K is analogous to Batman fighting Superman. Wholly unnecessary and only their for fan-service.

They didn't fight.

The force Awakens

But would you call the Odyssey a sequel to the Illiad?
That might be one exception

It's not part of a movie-verse
It doesn't have post-credit scene
The pacing is too slow for modern american audiences
Too alt-right-y for the big american metropolitan areas because of how it portrays women

Watch as Episode VIII breaks 3 Billions.

>They didn't fight.
You didn't watch the movie.

Back to the Future Part II

Which was bad
(or at least not as good as it should/could have been or needed to be)

Toy story 3
Terminator 2
The color of Money
blade runner 2049

Deckard repeatedly punches K. K just pushes Deckard. There was no proper fight. You didn't watch the movie.

immediately disproven by Aliens and Terminator 2 you retard

>t. No taste faggot.

Go back to stuffing crayons up your nose you cunt

K throws Deckard across the fucking room. There is a point at which K realizes his method isn't working, and what you describe transpires, but they absolutely fight.

2049 adds nothing to Blade Runner. No new concepts or interesting ideas are played with. Rather, 2049 is a pointless movie that does a far worse job of covering the same ground of the original. It is the movie equivalent of standing in a sterile room for 3 hours. It was all aesthetics without any substance or raison d'etre.

I honestly felt it was already dumbed down for Americans with JOI having to tell K what he already thought.

TFA was fucking awful lad

>no new concepts
low level bait

He pushes him into a chair and immediately says "I don't want to hurt you." There was no fight. K literally stands there and takes punch after punch.

Go watch something simple, like a screen showing a single colour.

The literal main plot of the movie is about a new concept. And then there's plenty of other stuff.

Even if we accept your interpretation as valid (it isn't) this is like saying the fight in OGF isn't a fight.

>TFA is"good taste"

This, it more of K letting Deckard punch him out till he tires and they have a drink.

it's the only movie I've ever seen in the theater more than once
and I'm a filthy American

It isn't bait, what new concepts were there in 2049? 2049 was all about whether replicants can be considered human. I don't see why reproduction adds to that concept, the original already made the point that replicants were as human or more human than the rest of humanity. Why do we need to cover this same ground again, with the twist that they had a child? It's just another way of talking about the same question of what makes something human. Nothing new there. Joi was a complete ripoff of Her as well.

It's just a onesided fight then

10/10

I agree with most of this, however the ripoff of Her was I think better than the Her, the movie itself
So when people look back on this time I don't think they'll remember Her, as it was dumb and gay, but rather they'll remember that one part of Blade Runner 2049 perhaps

no replies because you're right

this

>Night of the Living Dead
>Dawn of the Dead
>Better Sequel
>10 years apart

>Alien
>Aliens
>Comfy motherfucking sequel, not better than the original, but classic
>6 years apart

>French Connection 2
>Practically the same kind of relationship between FC and FC2 in Blade Runner and 2049
>just over 4 years difference
>fight me
>better than 1
>way more Gene Hackman doing Heroin

>In October 2017, Villeneuve said that he expected a third film would be made if 2049 was successful.

RIP

good job burgers

>Toy story 3
I'd agree with the other two, but really?

BvS: Dawn of Justice

the flop wasnt caused by her so it shouldn't affect her, if anything the film should boost her career by a lot

So you're arguing even if it is a fight it's a fight?

It's not exactly batman Vs superman

Because they like capeshit, Neo star wars sequels and FUN

To all those eurofags laughing at America, I ask you to always remember one thing:

>For any given systemic problem in America, remember, it's most likely the niggers

>So you're arguing even if it is a fight it's a fight?

Even if it isn't a fight!

K is pretty much a Sup Forums loser and not something normies can relate to. Also its a very slow paced movie.

I say it's a fight. Other Anons have disagreed and said it was not. It is.

I'm also saying it serves the same function as the one in BvS which is to say NONE AT FUCKING ALL other than to waste time, exactly like in BvS (title be damned)

We don't like capeshit, hollywood producers have no idea what the public wants and just put out shit that worked before while their business gets eaten out from under them by the likes of Netflix

Never realized that Color of Money was one....

Cool, it's the same thing here, except the arabs

Counterpoint: Blade Runner 2049

dickhead

Why not get moviepass?

>but there was just too much plot for what should've been a simple detective story in a big world.
>this are the people who want to build a wall and kick me out

how can americans still produce art

Doesn't appeal to nu-males or women

Blade Runner 2049 lacked diversity. Were there even any African-Americans in BR2049? I don't recall. Americans are mostly Liberals, who love Black people, so we need movies to have at least one Token Black person to make us feel good that we're not rayyycists.

K's character should've been played by a strong, but funny Black man. But because Hollywood is racist and dominated by White Supremacist Donald Trumpers, they cast Gosling instead. It's all very sad.

I decided not to watch BR2049 because it lacked a Diverse cast. Where was the snarky transgender? Where was the asian man? So very racist. Oy vey.

Villenueve is shit. "Stupid Americans don't like it" is just lazy bullshit for redditors to excuse their latest beloved mediocre hack job.

Same with calling people who criticize BrBa or capeshit "contrarians." BR2049 is "smart, artistic cinema" for people who enjoy BrBa and capeshit. Period.

>African-Americans
Dr. Badg--
>American
Guess not

It's not good

But niggers can run like crazy. And it's not like they're forcing that greasy burger down your gullet.