What am I in for?

What am I in for?

A fantastic flick

retro kino

Watch tron legacy after this, cyber kino

Why didn't I like this as much as Legacy?

kino

They are entering a world where love does not compute.

Eye rape.

Based Wendy Carlos.. Crank the end credits.. whole house shakes when that pipe organ kicks in. Enjoy the hard work done hand coloring every frame in the virtual world..

one of the best, underused genre

Greetings programs

a light entertainment.

Legacy is better.

The 90 minute making-of doc that came with the 25th anniversary edition is just as good as the movie.

Cold War kino
Better than Legacy to be honest.

Ok it was pretty good. But can someone spoon-feed me the symbolism?

Stunning visuals for its time... boring storyline.

MCP/Sark/Dillinger basically represent Communism. Not Communism the way Communism presents itself but Communism as evidenced in the actual USSR: a backstabbing hierarchy too big to fail that crushes humanity and tradition underfoot and denies the divine.

Flynn represents the US but also serves as a Christ-like figure. It might seem an odd juxtaposition but it was made during the Reagan era when social (i.e. religious) and economic (i.e. capitalist) conservatives banded together and Reagan framed the US as a "shining city on a hill".

glowing butt

Thank you sir.

so what was tron?

I don't understand people who like Legacy. I mean it's not bad, but the artstyle is ruined and the music and cameos are dated. Also, it seems to forget that "Tron" was made as a super-anti-virus program and that it would have been impossible for CLU to control him?

What do you mean -dated-

?

Either you were born after this movie was made, or the newer visuals and music is more appealing, obviously.

I'm pretty sure absolutely no one will give two shits about Daft Punk in the 20's, don't you agree?

>I mean it's not bad, but the artstyle is ruined and the music and cameos are dated
Terrible taste
>Also, it seems to forget that "Tron" was made as a super-anti-virus program and that it would have been impossible for CLU to control him?
He built a new CLU to do the same exact functions as Flynn could do if he wasn't present in the Grid. It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities that Tron could be easily corruptible.

>newer visuals are more appealing
I don't get this meme. TRON looks like a computer generated world with a unique artstyle based on geometry, and without texture.
The new artstyle looks like blade runner with neon lights all over the place.

Old Grid = 80s retro computer generated models
NuGrid = next generation grafix

Because innovative effects aside, it's not good. It's little more than a tech demo.

So then why does it look like Spy Kids 3D?

fun
watch the newer one for superior waifus

Light Cycles was the only cool/good thing to come out of it.

BRUCE BOXLEIGHTNER IN BBEAUTIFUL MAKEUP