Do you think he's actually a good actor?

Do you think he's actually a good actor?

He's got an Oscar so he must be.

how many gallons of weinstein jizz did he suck down?

i say 4

He does an alright job. I think he's really knocked it out of the park lately while he was trying to get that coveted Oscar, but most of his career has been pretty pedestrian.

Nicolas Cage got an Oscar too

What are you implying?

RLM says he isn't

No. Like most of Hollywood; he is competent but nothing outstanding. Standards are so low judging acting talent that people like DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Denzel Washington, etc can basically approach every role in the same way and have the public blow sunshine up their anus.

I AM SCREAMING BECAUSE I AM ANGRY AND THATS WHAT ANGRY PEOPLE DO until I have to come to the emotional climax of the scene where I get very quiet

The roles he didn’t get an Oscar for were way better than the one he actually got an Oscar for.

Yes I do. His politics are asinine but I generally enjoy his performances. Incoming blogpost:

t. saw him in person once stumping for Kerry at my alma mater, doing his usual global warming spiel. (friend's then-gf ran the college democrats and so got access to him for a day or two and was understandably thrilled about it; friend got cuckolded by stardom) Security was fairly tight around him, and he appeared at the top level of a newly-completed building to deliver his canned speech. Four years later, I passed by Kal Penn who was on a small stage in the basement level of the far humbler, dilapidated 60's student center, stumping for Obama.

Finally, of absolutely no interest to any Sup Forums user apart from myself: in this same student center, I was once accosted by Minnesota senator Paul Wellstone's daughter who identified herself, and who was working for his re-election. I politely declined to speak with her and went about my business. A few days later, she and her dad died in a dramatic plane crash, just before the election. I still have an absentee ballot that I never cast, with Wellstone's name on it. A piece of Americana. To this very day, Minnesota liberals sport the green "Wellstone!" bumper sticker on their Volvos, their Hondas, etc.

i never even went to high school

If you actually think Nic Cage is bad and Leonardo DiCaprio is good, congrats, you can't think for yourself.

Something I hadn't emphasized in the blogpost is that even though I was just passing through, for the few seconds that I was paying attention, Penn clearly was appearing in a normal, "uncontrolled" milleu, which was not how Dicaprio had appeared. I also don't remember registering any meaningful security presence around Penn, whereas with Dicaprio it was definitely there. Funny how the one dem-stumping failed while the other succeeded; Penn even got a sinecure for his efforts.

It was a nice school but no Ivy. I also did a lot to fuck myself over while there. These are just stories of famous people I saw that one time, that's all.

that's the truth, ruth

Nic Cage is 10x the actor Leo is. Leo screams, then whispers, then screams, then whispers, (cont.)

He's mediocre but he picks good movies to star in.

yeah, his performance in leaving las vegas was incredible

No, like someone already said he's mediocre. I find him likable and he picks decent roles so that's a plus but I think your generic british stage actor is significantly better.

Nic Cage is enigmatic as fuck. Leo just screams and makes poopy faces in every flick.

Do you reckon they touched?

he will never top his performance as arnie.

good enough

/thread

this. they Scorsesed him, a pity Oscar for his weakest work.

Best DiCaprio performances:
The Aviator
Gilbert Grape
Django
The Departed