Movies you hate that everyone loves

Pic related
Easily one of the worst films I've ever seen. I have no idea how anyone could like it, let alone it becoming the massive cult classic it did.

People pretend to like this movie

Forest Gump
It's Such A Beautiful Day
The Hangover films
La La Land
Get Out
Every Jurassic Park film
The Big Lebowski
American Beauty
Swiss Army Man
Everything by Quentin Tarantino that isn't Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown.
Everything by Pixar that isn't Toy Story 1, which is just okay.
The Incredibles and Whiplash are two of the worst movies ever made.

Harry Potter
Lord of the Kings
and fucking Hunger Games

No one likes BR.

Critics and audiences got it right the first time. You only say you like BR to appear to be some kinothorian.

The sequel is vastly superior. It's an actual movie for one.

The original meaning of Blade Runner makes me want to see a film about it

>The term "blade runner" referred to a smuggler of medical supplies, e.g. scalpels.

I can only remember two things from that shit movie, which are 'tears in the rain' and vangelis.

I don't even bother. I rewatched it recently and I have no idea what people see in it. The tears in the rain scene is kino and that's it, the rest is pretty trash. If I tell people I don't like it they freak out.

Mad Max Fury Road
Return of the Jedi
Wall-E (and UP)
No Country for Old Men
Terminator 2

i liked BR and the sequel

fight me faggots i will dick you both down

It's a Wonderful Life-- remake of Job, in which God threatens to kill everyone a good man loves unless he submits to endless suffering without complaining. Most horrifying movie ever.

not if I dick you first

nah I legitimately liked both blade runner and the sequel. And the fucking trendies cannot tell me otherwise. Fuck you, OP is a full faggot as always, really nothing changes around here

no i will dick you first because i said it first

I like it, haven't seen the new one, but I watched this flick a few days ago. It's not that bad, it's definitely overhyped, but it's also overly criticized, when it's honestly somewhere in the middle tier. Big problem is it feels like a good but kind of pretentious movie mashed with a mediocre but kind of cool detective story, and neither of them feel like they get the time they deserve and the movie's worse for it.

Oh, that's because you're a tastless moron.

>Lord of the Kings

yeah that movie was fucking retarded imho

Awww, OP wants to make some friends who share his special snowflake taste

it's simple, Blade Kino is plebfilter

But I like movies like Mean Girls and Con Air, I'm not worried about someone questioning my taste.

Prisoners and most Villeneuve to be honest
Leon: The Professional
TFA
Circle
Crank
Blow Out
The Hunt
Train to Busan

I watched this right before I saw 2049 and found it to be a slog to get through. Yet 2049 actually went by quick despite being almost an hour longer

>No Country for Old Men
Them's fightin words. My favorite movie of all time, just because of how well all the cast played their roles.

That's because movie was made in 1982(inspired by book from 60ies), it was set in 2019(that's how much hope we had for new generation,we set the foundation right=internet,computers,robotics),now is 2017 and it feels like we took 70 years back....
Tech went forward until 2000,since then all it attempts to do is to become sooo fucking simple everyone can use it(small handheld mirror with small 4x4 pictures with description underneath is the level of dumb needed so computers become accessible to everyone).

I liked Leon and i'm not a cunnyposter

I love Blade Runner

I didn't like Leon and I don't even complain about cunnyposters

same senpai

It's the complete opposite for me. I found 2049 a slog and the original wonderful.

This my 2nd post here.
FUCK YOU,OP, YOU CANCER DUMB MOTHER FUCKER,OK?
If you can't handle little Phil K. Dick , you really don't belong on interwebs!!!
First BR was awesome, ahead of its time, and I feel like BR2047 will be watched next 20 years and have sequel BR2089 when Goose will be an old man...
If you don't get rainy melancholic, hopeless (yet vibrant will of life to live)vibe of first one, you don't get shit.

blade runner is my favorite film and im 99% sure that 85+% of the people who claim to "like" it are pretending

you either hate it, dont care, or love it, or are somewhere on the path to loving it, and many "on the path" are really just on their own pathes, and until they blend into one, these people broadcast subtle but erratic shit and reveal themselves to be frauds

>me on the right in literally every blade runner "discussion"

more at ease with the haters, at least you guys are honest and are just getting started

The Boondock Saints is fucking garbage

Mods should just sticky a /bait/ general, automatically prune this shit and ban OPs.

>blade runner fan threatens homosexual violence

Unsurprising

My only beef with BR is the retarded bullet proof vest scene and the fact that many characters get shot and carry on fine. It's even worse in the sequel.

>likes Jackie Brown
based

I liked Leon and i am a cunnyposter

Seventh Seal. Goofy, unfocused film only known for two scenes.

Gangs of NY
Once Upon a Time in America

Those are the only two movies I’ve ever seen that I thought were literally twice as long as they should’ve been

>The first Terminator
>Wall-E
>Predator
>Aladdin
>Kung Fu Panda 2
>Hot Fuzz

I would have put Die Hard, but I feel if I watch it again I will like it more

it's a pleb filter and you've just been filtered

The thing with Blade Runner is it's arguably more famous and influential for it's aesthetic, which basically codified what a cyberpunk looks and feels like, rather than any merits as a film.

Like Mad Max/The Road Warrior codified the post-apocalyptic aesthetic.

this.

great trash taste filter though
anyone who mentions it and good in the same sentence can be safely ignored

Fuck off the ending is pure kino

Roys monologue is the most overrated scene in the history of Cinema

>b-but he improvised it

>Seventh Seal
It's a good film though. You're probably a pleb or didn't pay enough attention.

>Easily one of the worst films I've ever seen

this is either hyperbole or you haven't seen many movies. even if you think its boring and slow, you should at least be able to appreciate the effort and atmosphere enough to not think of it as the worst thing you've ever seen

>rather than any merits as a film.
film is a visual medium and if a movie was capable of consense a myriad of elements into a single coherent visual universe that is totally plausible, then it totally succeeded.

please dont tell me youre a script/narration/drama brainlet who thinks movies should be theater plays with camera cuts.

Kingsman
I enjoy T2 but it is far behind The Terminator

No, it was beautiful and by the end of the film I found myself sympathizing with an antagonist who was fairly terrifying and crazy. The movie did a great job of making you sympathize with the replicants. You are a brainlet.

It was just pocahantas in space and the CGI was way overrated.

I walked out and watched Sherlock Holmes instead

I am legitimately curious why you hated whiplash so much i can understand thinking its overratted

>The Incredible
You serious nigger?

This is always the premier pleb filter.

>Big Lebowski
What is with this shit anyway? It's an amusing flick, but certainly not legendary. A bit like Clerks, you watch it, enjoy it, and forget about it until you see a reference 15 years later.

What.
I thought it was about the beauty of life.

Bullshit. The only people who liked Leon wanted to fuck the loli.

>everyone loves
>a movie that underperformed earned $34m vs budget of $28m

the few who like it are just very loud

>Bullshit.

stop saying that, grampa drama queen

>Lord of the Kings

Harry Trotter and The Starving games are fucking autistic

It's 2017, its ok to be a pedo user

The Kingsman.
It tries so hard to be everything, but manages the art of being nothing. The tryhard factor is through the roof and I groaned in the theatre when I realised the church scene was going to last another 3 minutes as the director thought a overly edited, shakycam fight with gore that only a 14 year old would think was tastefully done, set to freebird would be the greatest thing ever captured on film.

VVitch.
I dont hate it, as a debut film it's pretty good, but god damn is it just dull. There seems to be a hardcore fanbase that will defend it as the greatest horror film in the last decade. It just never manages to create the foundation for any tension and by then end you're just throwing your hands up in the air "Well of course would the baphomet looking goat be possesed by satan."
I dont know what it is about other than on the surface level. The only underlying theme I can manage to get from it is that it's all an analogy for failed crops and hunger, which was believed by the more superstitious to be caused by witches.