People complain about the MCU relying too much on quips and a formula

>People complain about the MCU relying too much on quips and a formula
>The movie that relies on quips and formula the most is one of the most popular MCU films

Fucking kek. I love the MCU but this is sad. This combined with the praise Doctor Strange got just shows they dont even need to try anymore.

>>Quips

Quips are just lines thrown out there for a quick joke. Having goofy moments with set ups and payoffs are not quips. Hell, most of the "Ant-Man is lame" stuff was only in the commercials and trailers.

Is quips just like cuck now? A word that has no meaning anymore?

Ant-Man is one of the most popular MCU films? Really?

never had a problem with quips, they make it like those 80s/90s action movies i love so much

as for formula, never had a problem with that, especially since i love star wars a movie franchise built entirely on old cliches, i feel that using a formula can be a good blueprint the film around, i find that the worst movies are ones that try too hard to be unique and original that they forget to be fun and enjoyable. i had crazy good fun watching ant-man shrink and grow to fight on many levels

I forgot this existed

Doctor Strange was genuinely the best MCU movie yet tbf.

Anybody complaining about "quips" isn't really having an argument. The only time that's ever been a point of actual contention was Age of Ultron, nowhere else

>most popular

Nigga I'm the only one I know who's seen Ant-Man, every one of my more casual friends passed it up.

>Implying cape comics aren't full of quips
>Implying cape comics aren't extremely formulamatic

I wouldn't say it was the best, but it's in my top 5 for sure.

I can see why some people find it mediocre, but I genuinely had a blast watching it in the cinema.

Well, Dr. Strange with Wong's name. Granted, the payoff was "People find me hilarious" "Did they work for you?"

>most popular

Based on what? Your own personal opinions?

Interesting.... A fun popcorn flick with plenty of funny moments is popular among normies... It's almost like most people go to the movies to laugh and escape their mundane shit lives for an hour or two.

Ant-Man is honestly my favorite Marvel Movie.

Dr. Strange was off for me. Like, I felt that it fell into the Marvel structure when the villain showed up, and maybe if the film was a bit longer, it could have gelled more.

Antman was small....hah.....scale. It was just trying to stop some asshole from stealing tech that he might give some people trouble with in the near future.

And it was dead serious at the end, during their fight, as ridiculous as fighting on a kids playtable was.

AoU meanwhile had people cracking jokes left and right, even Captain America, and even the fucking villian bot when they were 5 minutes from the end of humanity and their lives were in serious risk.

Also Wong finally laughing after Strange's post-partem quip regarding Kaecillius. That was good.

There's a reason they stick to formula.

on here, yes.

Yeah, who was quipping and when was all properly character based and the movie knew when to be serious. Age of Ultron is exactly the kind of thing that represents the worst of Whedon's work-everyone cracking jokes with the same sense of humor through the entire runtime regardless of situation.

It comes down to what the hype promised. Any man promised a funny superhero movie, AoU promised a dark look at the consequences of the Avengers actions (Ironically Civil War was more like what AoU had promised)

*Ant man

Ant-Man wasn't too bad. The iron man movies jsut existed already

I asure myself to make my family watch Ant-Man. It was a fun, childish, enjoyable heist movie. I reminded me of some 80's children movies, to be honest.

Also, made me discover was charming and has some really great eyes, not homo.

Ant-Man is the third lowest grossing MCU film though

And it would have been better if Wright stopped being a baby and just add in the references to other movies.

>just shows they dont even need to try anymore.
They don't, they're a trend right now...all trends eventually come to an end, and the higher they are the harder they fall, in the future I have a strong feeling many MCU films will be judged quite harshly despite the praise they get now

This

>Ant-Man is the third lowest grossing MCU film though
Because that means anything when it did well enough to get a sequel

People have been saying this since Avengers 1 came out, give it up.