/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Ugliest Ship Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #3 (January 18th)
Rebels 3.13: "Trials of the Darksaber" (January 21st)

>Episode Preview: Trials of the Darksaber
youtube.com/watch?v=62TogumQlns

>Rebels Recon: Warhead
youtube.com/watch?v=EfCuHRbbTZk

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

penguinrandomhouse.com/books/223651/thrawn-star-wars-by-timothy-zahn/9780345511270/
screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-rogue-one-connection/
youtube.com/watch?v=53H0pNk1RSw
mega.nz/#!ZIlFXRgY!OqC3-RV8vZ1pcD8k-mkn4IvTeGp23PyrY13gbyj5xsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

JJ Abrams is a better Producer, Director, and Writer than George Lucas.

Thrawn book plot blurb:
penguinrandomhouse.com/books/223651/thrawn-star-wars-by-timothy-zahn/9780345511270/

Dornean Gunships are going to be very relevant to Rebels soon:
screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-rogue-one-connection/

*tips fedora*

>I was beginning to believe I knew who you are behind that mask, but it's impossible. My master never sounded like a black man.

Wow, really Disney?

Why didn't Sheev take the ancient and unique black-bladed lightsaber for himself to use, or at least keep it as a souvenir, after he defeated Maul?

This episode was finally the Sabine episode we have been waiting for.

I have a feeling people are going to be annoyed that the Sabine hate party is no longer justified, and they'll try to nitpick the episode to hell and back.

Fact is, we finally got a legitimately great Sabine episode. Sabine finally got shown to have some emotional depth. Sabine was finally put in a situation she couldn't just sass and shoot her way out of. She had to learn, she had to accept her weakness. (hey look, we got to see Sabine actually having weaknesses for once!)

We also got backstory that is actually interesting and adds to her character. Unlike the last backstory dumps of "she was super smart in the Academy" and "she was an experienced bounty hunter" that were just to explain why Sabine is 2kool4u, we actually had backstory that adds depth to her character and finally gives her an arc and story of her own to follow in the future.

To every person who has JUSTIFIABLY been upset with Sabine seeming like a very flat character without a proper arc, this is the episode where they made a commendable effort to rectify that.

Sabine now has;
>emotional insecurities
>fear of her family after a rejection, that she must confront
>combat weakness in that she is a novice to the weapon she now has to use (and finally showed to be not as skilled or knowledgeable in stuff as the rest of the group)
>has a mantle of responsibility in that she is tasked with uniting Mandalorian Clans to join the Rebel Alliance, an important arc for her character, and the greater Rebellion.

Filoni did it guys.

Trust me, I was right there with you complaining about Sabine, until today. But credit where it is due, they came through with their promise, they are making Sabine a proper character.

Maul WAS his souvenir

I know it's pretty fucking late but anyone knows the name of the theme using during Rogue One's opening? i know it's used in other parts of the movie but i cant find it.

I hate it. I bought Galactic Battlegrounds on a whim, and I'm wasting days on that game...

If it's not in the RO OST then it probably won't get released. There were quite a few songs used in the movie that weren't un/officially released anywhere.

And the best part. The next episode a month from now is another Sabine episdoe.

you'll need to be more specific
music tracks dont get reused later in the movie, but motifs do

The Sabine hate party was mostly just for shits, giggles and memes though. At least from me.
I don't think anyone genuinely hate Sabine. She had just been a bit boring up until now.

youtube.com/watch?v=53H0pNk1RSw
this is what i mean, sorry for the shitty example.

hate was mostly reserved for chopper, although that too eventually died down

>That panel

Ezra looks 7 and she like an adult. Did /SS/ pencil that?

Wait, people hated Chopper?

It was before he hit puberty

It's cool to hate droids, user. They're only there for comedic effect and that's not allowed in muh super serious star wars

oh that particular part is in the 2nd OST track
'long ride ahead'

Well to be fair, Chopper hates everyone too.

Eh, I've seen uglier

Well, he's certainly a better director and writer. But then again, George never could write.

That explains the exploding GNK

Has it ever been said in canon before today that clashing lightsabers lock together magnetically?

I really liked that little tidbit, I always imagined that to be the case when trying to plausibly explain why characters always do that in duels instead of just sliding the blade down along the other blade and hitting the opponent's unguarded hands, but I didn't expect it would ever be addressed.

>better writer
>copy pasted previously written stuff from the OT into an unexplained mess that shits on everything that came before it
yeah, no

I haven't.
(Vongs and Uglies never happened)

I hope we see the Dorneans themselves, they were supposed to look sort of like walruses in the old EU.

Additionally something I noticed in the Secrets of Rogue One video is that we got a real good look at the Nebulon B in it and that its significantly different than the original model used in ESB and ROTJ and I need to autistically point out the model differences

So my friend got me to watch the prequels and I just finished ROTS a couple nights ago. I just wanted to ask about the production of Episode II specifically. Were there problems or debates between the writers because the romance was horrifyingly bad. Both Anakin and Padme came off as incredibly unlikable to me.

I've not heard it before, just a nice little bit of explanation.

That said, makes you wonder if that wouldn't make people favour thrusts over slashes.

allow me to post the original model for comparison

additionally the Hammerhead corvettes were modified from their appearance in Rebels, but I'm not concerned with that

The RO Neb B is far more snub nosed and has a massively built up keel on both the aft propulsion model and the rear part of the forepod.

here ya go
www watchcartoononline.io/star-wars-rebels-season-3-episode-15-trials-of-the-darksaber

I don't know about unexplained unless you're an EU nut but the dialogue was miles better.

The armor plating on the sides of the hull is also less angular, more blocklike: [ ( ) ] instead of < ( ) >
I wonder if it could be a different version. After all, the Redemption in ESB and ROTJ was a conversion to a hospital ship, and its model was simply used and reused for every other appearance of a Nebulon B. Perhaps the ones in RO are stock models with Starfighter hangars?

Wouldn't thrusts affected by magnetic fields be extremely inaccurate and dangerous to the thruster?

Only Sheev was clever enough to think of that, which is why he killed 3 Jedi Masters in 3 seconds. They had never seen such an inconceivable strategy before.

The Rebels version is also noticeably different but that may be due to the McQuarrie stylization

Can we talk about Home One? Home One can't be an operational warship in Rebels, right? When it shows up they will point out that it is a passenger liner/cityship that hasn't yet undergone retrofit, right?

Or is there another explanation for its appearance in Rebels?

Did she get her shit slapped for being a fucking brat for the past three and a half years and never having to actually face the problems she herself caused for the rest of the group?

I really liked the new episode, the little background story on Mandalorians was nice, and the soundtrack was really good

>everyone in the crew seemed tired of Sabine's shit
kek

We don't know if that ship is Home One itself, it's merely that type of model. The same model was used for several other Mon Cal cruisers in ROTJ. However there's no reason it couldn't be a functional warship by that time, according to the RO VD Profundity was merely one of the first fully operational battleships the Alliance had, but not necessarily the only. We know Admiral Ackbar was a major figure at the time of ANH thanks to the Princess Leia comics, and he may have had his ship up and running as well.

She gets her shit slapped, and Kanan loses it and puts her in her place yeah.

>Filoni did it guys.
>After three years of shoving a terrible character that literally everyone told him was shit he finally made her backstory interesting, instead of her.
>He's so perfect.

Filoni is shit and the terrible quality of writing for TCW and Rebels cements that.

Holy shit, did anyone else think that episode was one of the best of the series so far? I actually got a little teary-eyed.

Good.
I'm never going to actually watch this shit but it's nice to know that the writers finally pulled their heads out of their asses and did something to bring their mary sue down a notch.

I agree, this was the first Rebels episode I liked completly. Also the little bit of information on Mando jedi was cool too.

Episode link:

mega.nz/#!ZIlFXRgY!OqC3-RV8vZ1pcD8k-mkn4IvTeGp23PyrY13gbyj5xsE

I feel like if Home One is around during rebels, it has to be explained why it doesn't appear at Scarif. Another possibility I can think of is that Thrawn damages it so much that it has to undergo repairs for years.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
This episode hit pretty much all of the /scwo/ wishlist for Sabine character growth. It can no longer be claimed that she's this untouchable ultra-badass who never shows vulnerability, has no weaknesses, and is constantly in control of every situation.
I love that her apparent aloofness and self-assuredness is a cover for deep trust issues and insecurities, I love that we finally saw her out of her comfort zone and how badly she deals with that, and I love that it makes me think back on all her snark, sassiness, and seeming-untouchability in a new way.

Like you, today I renounce Sabine bullying. No more 'Flat-Sabine' shitposting for me. I'm, dare I say it, excited for more Sabine stories.

SPOILERS DUDE WHAT THE FUCK

Well that one's easy, Scarif was a rogue (heh) action. It wasn't a sanctioned fleet deployment. Home One just didn't abandon its post.

Fuck. My apologies

Anyone else suspect the Kanster let her win that one because he was pleased with how much progress she was making working through her issues?
I don't think that would take away from her growth this episode, just nice that he'd give her a symbolic victory to spur her on her journey of self-discovery.

Or it's that Ackbar didn't want to partake in the Scarif battle. The only ships that go to it are the ones that decide it's a necessary thing to do.

is there any info on these Tusken Raiders. if not id love to see them expanded on

One of the critical parts to her character development through this episode is that she reveals her feelings of guilt for being part of the Empire's efforts to subjugate Mandalore.

wait i thought you meant she cuts off his arm

im just retarded and was trying to play along

please dont feel bad user

It took them 4 minutes to turn her into a better character than Rey.

It was a good episode but I still don't care for Sabine. Not that I ever hated her, I just don't give a shit about Mando's.

Impossible, Rey is best girl.

Wait what...A month?

GOD DAMN IT DISNEY

Yup, it feels like the writers listened to the criticisms about Sabine and tried to fix it. As someone who didn't care about Sabine I really enjoyed this.

This.
Nothing in this episode changed my mind about her. She's still the weakest part of the show, and her episodes are still boring.

Sabine has a brother now. Was he killed by the weapons she helped create?

It's ok, we're all a bit retarded. Should've specified it wasn't a literal disarming lol

Hail Mandalore!

How do you people force yourself to watch this show?

I like Star Wars

Husbandos.

Don't have to force it since I don't hate it :^)

Will Sabine fight Maul?

REKT

Hail mandalore!!

It's actually good. If you don't watch it, don't expect people to want to talk to you about it.

>tfw Sabine kills Maul to avenge Mandalore

Not counting the upcoming Rebels encountered because it hasn't happened yet, how many times has Obi-Wan canonically fought Maul?

Waifus

dis guy gets it

>Maul survives death again anyway

Five hundred times.
and he killed him in half of them.

He doesn't seem to hate Sabine or Hera. Just the guys.

Once in The Phantom Menace

Then a very brief skirmish when they meet in TCW. Then a proper fight later that episode alongside Asajj and Savage.

Then they fight again alongside Adi Gallia and Savage.

Then they meet again on Mandalore but there's no real fight. They meet again in Son of Dathomir, but again no fight.

Then in Rebels on Tatooine.

Not counting brief skirmishes and encounters, and only the proper fights, that is a total of four fights.

>Maul is Snoke's Boss

Hail Mandalore the bootylicious!

what booty?

Hail!

Quick, /swco/. You have 30 seconds to try to tell me why you don't think Trials of the Darksaber is the best Rebels episode so far.

It's a Sabine episode

Haven't even seen it.

Asking about the state of the drawfag.

>I'm surprised you were able to figure it out...for a filthy kiwi

Jesus, Filoni.

Legend of the Lasagna exists.

It's a training episode. Nothing truly interesting happens outside of giving Sabine an arc which, I will admit, is tremendous in its own right.
Also, no blue husbando.