Wheel of Time TV

So they* say adaptation is already in process. What to expect, Sup Forums?

* - Sony

/got/ reporting in

Why is all this high fantasy shit so boring?

Even higher fantasy is more boring, just a bunch of elves doing nothing but singing and not even jacking each other off.

The best thing about Wheel of Time is random horrific violence and farm boys reactions to it: "Blood and ashes, time to stare at some cleavage." And of cleavage, there's not nearly enough talent out there to give some characters their proper body shapes. Graendal, Berelain, Halima, Sevanna, Therava, Morgase and some others all have massive fucking tits. Like the biggest tit girls on GoT would be Min or Egwene sized. The one titty kitty from Spartacus in the bath would probably be the size for Elayne or Aviendha.

I expect the Eye of the World to be easier to adapt. Things like Caemlyn, Shadar Logoth, Baerlon, and Fal Dare are easy to do in CG. But the villages, hamlets, inns, and homesteads all need to actually be built to feel real.

I expect Loial to be cut. Can't have non-humans in a post-GoT world. The steddings will be cut too, and the explanation for the Ways changed.

The tits and violence part is okay I guess.

It's just all the politics trash in between that I can't fucking stand.

>[X] wants to conspire with [Y] to betray [Z] so they can kill [W] so they can get 1% more influence in the local trade, so they can buy votes to possibly take over the kingdom one day.

Stop talking. I barely care what happens politically in a real country, much less about what happens in a fictional one

Brainlets pls leave

A lot of the politics can be cut down or condensed. Instead of Rand just hanging out in Caemlyn for a book, it would cut to his amnesty and then the Tower envoy and him getting boxed. Almost all of the Salidar stuff can be cut down to what's important: Moggy, Egwene being Amrylin, and healing those who were severed. Then they can promptly go camp at the Tower. Mat and Perrin are so much more straightforward, but the problem is you're with them too much as they're making slow normal progress across land, that can also be cut down.

Also all of Elayne's shit for getting the throne of Andor. It felt needless because it was hers anyway, and if Rand had let everyone know of his heritage, it would have been his to give away regardless.

should be movies

tv cant do dumai wells

cutting ogier would be a crime

Do the trollocs look fake?

>Sony
well let's just all move on right now

Sony and Brandon Sanderson. Yuck.

>What to expect, Sup Forums?
SOMEBODIES Braid is getting TUGGED

>ywn tug Nynaeve's braid as you take her from behind
>ywn serve as Graendal's bidet
>ywn drink Elayne's bathwater
>ywn scrap some sweat off a Maiden's back after a full day in the sun
>ywn motorboat the First of Mayene
>ywn dance with and fuck a woman who's possessed by the ancient soul of a male womanizer and rapist
>ywn coat a Sea Folk's Wavemistress' beautiful dark face and golden chain of medallions in your manlet Cairhien sperm
>ywn be raped by a horny middle-aged Queen while the entire court and her own son approve

reddit spacing

What are the big deal with these shitty books? They sound utterly awful already much less as a cheap made for TV drama like GoT.

Fun worldbuilding, good magic system, big boobs.

user simply hasn't got his portion of *glares* and *cleavages*

WoT is heaven for men who want women to sit on their faces.
>ywn be a warder to a Domani Brown sister and have her sit on your face she reads an entire book

It will probably get the Shannara treatment and end up as a teen drama on the CW

What's Shannara like? A low fantasy swords and dumb shit?

It's basically a LOTR ripoff

That's not a bad thing if it focuses on elves and beauty, but I doubt any fantasy series have ever done that.

>The author died in 2007 while working on what was planned to be the twelfth and final volume in the series. He prepared extensive notes so another author could complete the book according to his wishes.

le sigh yet another "author left notes so another author can finish it" meme if author had time to write "extensive notes" then he would have finished the novel

That novel would have been like 2200 pages long. It was split into three books.

Jaqenposter reporting in

Anime is the only medium that can get WoT's demands in the following categories:
- Tit cows: Hollywood doesn't have enough to fill even the Blue Ajah's quarters.
- Wardrobe: A real life adaptation would require a small nations workforce to sew all the sisters, Rand, and Mat's clothing.
- Special Effects: CGI weaving, shadowspawn, or cities will utterly fail to capture the RJ's vision.
- Character Quirks: Nynaeve, Mat, Perrin, and of course Rand + LTT. All have character quirks which either don't translate well to real life or which require substantial inner dialog, but could all be represented with traditional anime tropes.

May the Sony nips see the inescapable truth and make us 20 seasons of epic anime fantasy.

and there's another cash-grabbing-money-making meme "novel is so long we split it into three novels" the story fits in one novel but they pad it with shit like long descriptions of food or character relentlessly making the same internal conversation about the same thing so now it's three novels they sell it three times

Not exactly. Each of the novels has a proper climax that furthers the story.

Sanderson rushed through the last three honestly and they're still all longer than other books in the series. I have no idea how Jordan thought it would be one book when he wrote everything with so much more detail than Sanderson.

It's a shame that nothing like the Sirmarillion will come out for Wheel of Time. The age of the Trolloc Wars and then during Hawkwing's time are almost more interesting than the current time. Especially the year between the Breaking and Trolloc Wars, it kind of look like humanity was further progressed, that's when most of the wonders were built, like Whitebridge, Rhuidean, or the Stone.

>ywn know how Rand did his magic shit in the end
>ywn see a sequel series with Mat in Seanchan.
Why even live?

I'm sure there's lot more shit to reveal that BS and Harriet have notes on, but with no prospect of future books and the Companion not saying much else, why not just reveal them all?

>Mat goes back to Seanchan proper, raising a whole bunch of kids, and they all get their own personal slaves for life

The Companion didn't reveal much? I thought it was supposed to be all the unrevealed notes, or did they promise that

>Perrin and notRand visit from time to time, Rand has a shitload of kids and Perrin has a dogson

or did they not promise that* and I'm just misremembering

>long descriptions of food
Oh my swet summer child

It reveals some things, but not all of the questions like who Nakomi is and what not. This book is great for when you're re-reading the series.

yes, a shame. But on the other hand, wot is presumably an infinite cycle of ages, so everything happens again in again in infinite number of variations, so a book like Silm wouldn't havy much sense in the whole context.

But still would be nice to read more than occasional flashbacks on these times.

i was referring to that fat ugly hack when i said long descriptions of food, you inbred imbecile

cast her

Olver

magic is run by female society and one male born with magic overthrowns cunts away. i wonder why they would make this show at this day and age.

Are these books any good? Obviously this is a biased place to ask. I read about halfway through the first book then stopped when I realized all the female characters would be domineering, bitchy, and petty.
At the time that I was reading, I was pretty liberal, the furthest thing from an r9k woman hater, but I just found it intolerable. Is it worth carrying onward?

An expensive flop they try deperately fix during next season after which they drop it.

Why are the women in this series all so unlikely?
Did a group of women kill Jordan's dog or something?

it's getting much more interesting after the first book

checked

And a WoT adaptation could work. But it won't. Besides, so much cringeworthy stuff would need to be cut.