The great debate

The great debate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jmnuC7tn9D4
youtu.be/VO8hZ3Yy-sM?t=69
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kemper

>/r9k/ v Sup Forums

The little bird murderer was the best. His accent was supoib!

>ywn have a friend like ed give you a hug for visiting him in the hospital

>"five ripe cunts"
Why was this allowed?

Good post. Everyone keeps going on about Kemper but I also thought the Brudos performance was top class, good presence and suited the banter. Kemper wins btw

Fat.

Kepmer is right about ANE, btw

Space Ghost should be the only show everyone is allowed to watch.

that scene made me very angry
he just wanted a hug and holden runs off like a giant pussy because muh stress and panic

it was eight ripe cunts

i can't believe i almost stopped watching this show because of the female characters

i guess they have to comply with modern hollywood regulations

anyway, truly pure kino. im glad netflix greenlights everything

What's the debate?

One is a disgusting rapist/murderer - the other an innocent Transgender Lesbian framed by the police for the "crime" of being diverse.

It shouldn't have been. It didnd't work IRL either.

>The FBI interviewed you twice to learn about serial killers. What was that experience like?

>Yeah, John Douglas [a now-retired FBI profiler]. He thought he was smart. He dressed down for me. He brought another FBI agent, Mary Ellen O’Toole. She was hot. CBS and The FBI were going to produce a show called Criminal Minds, based on my case, that was an hour-long special, primetime. But they weren’t allowed to do it because San Quentin wouldn’t give them the interview time.

>What was your problem with Douglas?

>Well, the first thing I mentioned was that he dressed down. He wore denim and a jacket. This guy thinks he’s slick. He thought he could
fit in with me. He thought calling a woman a bitch in front of me would get me to like him. He thought he could con me. I wasn’t saying anything. I can’t blame the guy for trying. He was playing little mind games. He used the term ‘bitches’. I don’t refer to females as ‘bitches’.

Uhh its 1977 and you shouldn't judge this beautiful transgendered man. Oh and those jive brothers over there are engineers, totally smarter than you.

i think they just wanted to counter-act all the women bashing by the killers otherwise it would be "sexist"

A friend of mine (27, single, kissless virgin) told me the exact same thing.

You niggas need to get laid, those weren't even annoying women, they just challenged the men they knew.

Should I have put a trigger warning on first?

>that scene made me very angry
>he just wanted a hug and holden runs off like a giant pussy because muh stress and panic

That's actually based on something that really happened. During an interview, he was pressing the button that alerts the guards to let him out, but they were in a shift change. Kemper noticed what he was doing, told him what was up, and then reflected on how easy it would be to tear his head off and have it sitting on the table by the time the guards get there. Press that button all you want: no one's coming.

He didn't have a panic enough or anything, just sort of be like, "Oh no, not at all, Ed. . . I'm not trying to get away from you. . ." Everybody pretty much agrees that it was Kemper trying to be humorous and playful, but the guy made a point to never interview these guys alone after that.

>they're different people
you white bois all look the same

Yeah, I know that there are some points based off of the reality of this whole thing.
I just thought that it was stupid that Holden was built up into this cliché FBI meme machine and then we get a horseshit last episode ending in him having a panic attack and mailman burning bad drawings.

All the witnesses and reinforcements are going out of the scene and it's only Ed, a 6'9 foot serial killer, and Holden. Suddenly he stands up out of the bed in a threatening pose and goes in for a hug that's too firm all of the sudden after all that ominous talk. I think it was a battle of dominance, letting Holden know that Ed is smarter and stronger than that newbie fed who thinks he can break him.

So who is the ADT service guy?

Dennis Rader, AKA The BTK Killer

I loved the way he spoke. Realized we don't really get colorful accents like that much in media anymore.

Kemper's still alive. It's not too late, user!

Ye, I get it, but I feel like it's not entirely Ed wanting to intimidate him. He DOES intimidate Holden by getting up quickly and assuming a somewhat threatening pose, but Holden is in a bad place as it is. We, as the viewer, have felt this throughout the entire episode with his shit girlfriend and his job continuing to weigh him down. Holden is in a vulnerable place, but Ed doesn't necessarily want to do anything other than give the dude a hug. Sure, there's the ominous talk but Holden is on the brink of a panic attack anyway. I don't think we can assume that Ed's intentions were bad, he's just a weird dude. He listed him as his proxy because he felt a connection with him, despite their goofy conversations. And Ed doesn't really have any friends, other than the guards at the jail that he isn't in.
Would he try to kill himself just to get to Holden to make a point that he shouldn't be fucked with? Or was it really just a crying out for someone closer to him than the guards were?

Yeah, that's not a butthurt narcissist attempting to re-write the public narrative at all.

It's current year (1977)!!!

NeoGaff ---> Nearest burning skip.

Leave.

Ed Kemper's a pretty manipulative guy, and he knows how he comes across. The idea that a guy as smart as Ed would be completely oblivious to the fact that telling him that security measures in the hospital are very loose, springing to his feet between Holden and the door, and telling Holden how easy it would be for him to kill him wouldn't make him pretty uneasy is absurd.

Kemper's a big guy, but he's not a gentle, simple giant. He's very intelligent. He wasn't ever actually going to hurt Holden, but I very much doubt that he was surprised to see Holden get freaked out by him wrapping his arms around him right after telling him how easily he could twist his head off.

And yeah, suicide "attempts" to get attention happen all the time. He contacted him again and again with no results. He cuts his arm, knowing that Holden will get notified. He might not have expected him to come, but I doubt he was shocked to see him. Kemper's a weirdo, but he tested like a 140+ IQ.

Man, I love shit like this. Actual discussions about a show/film and not jag sbarrow :DDD
Could it not be a bit of both though? Maybe Ed enjoys the company and does seem Holden as a friend, despite his tendencies. Plus, he was only into murdering women.

Oh absolutely. I don't think Ed wants to traumatize the guy, but think about it from his point of view:

He's been stuck in a mental institution / prison for years, and he's going to be there for the rest of his life. With Holden, he finally gets to talk about "vocation," this huge part of his life. It's not like guards want to hear about it. And then Holden pretty much drops him.

After Jeffrey Dahmer was caught, he was interviewed by some guys - maybe the same guys, I don't know. Dahmer was an anti-social sperg with literally no friends, and after a while, when the guy who'd been interviewing him said goodbye, Dahmer panicked, stammering out that he was coming back, right?? "Well, we've gone over everything, Jeff. . there's nothing more we need."

I think it's the same thing with Ed. His life sucks, and he's lonely. He can't even really move on. Holden stops coming, and that's just the end of it. Nobody to talk to about this stuff anymore, probably ever again. You hear how Kemper tries to hook him by telling him that he's thought of all this new, important stuff to tell him, trying to entice him to keep the visits coming.

Holden is pretty much rejecting Kemper, and Ed obviously doesn't deal with rejection very well. He's hurt and disappointed, and he feels powerless, because he can't make Holden like him or come back to visit him. All he can do is beg and act out, but even that won't get him what he wants.

I think what's really going on is that Kemper feels rejected, disappointed, and powerless. Unlike with his mother or the girls, he doesn't kill Holden or even want to, but by showing aggression and dominance he gets power back. Even though it's totally negative, Ed gets control. And even if he never sees Holden again, it's a better feeling to know that he scared him off rather than begging him to come back and being ignored.

PS: I know, it's weird. Must be some DC / Marvel thread distracting the shitposters

Wendy literally stopped Tench from hiring the black guy on the spot because she realized his race would cause a problem for their work.

But t b h, wouldn't it be useful to have a black guy on hand to sort of aggravate the suspects if they needed to? He literally described playing a similar mindgame on a suspect in court during his anecdote. Ford and Tench already figured out how to develop rapport with the killers, so a distinct "other"
would be useful to act as a sort of "bad cop" role. Tench already sort of played that role with Brudos, but a negro might really get under somebody's skin.[/spoier]

Apologies for seriously fucking up my formatting in that spoiler

Ed sees Holden as a friend, so he takes it personally when Holden refuses to visit him. He punishes his friend for giving him the cold shoulder like that by terrifying him. Jury's out on how much he thought he would actually scare Holden, since it seems unlikely he'll ever visit again now.

I hope he gets away :)

>a guy keeping his emotions pent up has a nervous breakdown after an extremely stressful event
Wow, wouldn't have seen that one coming.

I actually liked Wendy, because I know a lot of woman academics who are like that and usually, if you speak their language, they're bearable. When they're competent (and almost all of them are), you can learn a lot from them, just don't expect anything romantic. Debbie, on the other hand, is pretty fucking annoying. But guess what? I've watched a few Hannah Gross short movies yesterday and she almost always plays some kind of student travelling Europe or smalltown America, lost in her thoughts and beeing "too good for u". Her role in Mindhunter is not that different, really.

>After Jeffrey Dahmer was caught, he was interviewed by some guys - maybe the same guys, I don't know. Dahmer was an anti-social sperg with literally no friends, and after a while, when the guy who'd been interviewing him said goodbye, Dahmer panicked, stammering out that he was coming back, right?? "Well, we've gone over everything, Jeff. . there's nothing more we need."
Man, after reading both "The Shrine of Jeffrey Dahmer" and "My Friend Dahmer", I find it really hard to not sympathize with him at least a little bit.

More like /hc/ vs /d/

>Kemper's still alive. It's not too late, user!
I wonder if he's gonna get a bunch of new fanmail from people that watched Mindhunter now.

Gas all footfags.

Rader "gets away" for ages.

Because he didn't follow the profile the FBI had set out.

But he was a horny fucker and his desperate need for thrills and recognition did him in in the end.

Will it be Kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=jmnuC7tn9D4

>Kemper still manipulated and physically intimidated the diminutive Mullin, who, standing at 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m), was over a foot shorter than Kemper. Kemper stated that "[Mullin] had a habit of singing and bothering people when somebody tried to watch TV, so I threw water on him to shut him up. Then, when he was a good boy, I'd give him peanuts. Herbie liked peanuts. That was effective, because pretty soon he asked permission to sing. That's called behavior modification treatment."

what a guy

Mullin was the inspiration for the "Cum Thrower" Migs in Silence Of The Lambs. Hannibal talks him into swallowing his own tongue as punishment for cumming on Clarice.

In the show you see them playing the Bittaker tapes (or a version of it).

Bittaker in his interview bitched about infighting among serial killer on San Quentin's death row.

I know Ian Brady was constantly infighting with serial killers and pedophiles in his high security wing in England, and that the other high security psycho prison hospital there that used to house Bronson constantly featured serial killer infighting (including one unofortunate incident where a serial killer who targeted pedophiles got locked in a cell with a pedophile serial killer).

Would be a fun show.

who

What happened to Wendys cat?

Got murdered by a burgeoning serial killer.

What was the point of that little subplot?

Who's the guy on the right again?

Realised that she was a dike and didn't want any of her fucking tuna anymore.

Reminder that Bundy could've been governor one day.

youtu.be/VO8hZ3Yy-sM?t=69

Because she was lonely and far from home.

She wanted a pussy to play with.

how do i get a shored haired business meaning smart gf

The principal sideplot jsut makes everyone look like an idiot, surely inappropriate contact is illegal even back then

footfags are cancer