BLADE RUNNER 2049 JAPANESE CONFERENCE

Full conference from Japan.
youtube.com/watch?v=OFm8LUDrUKw
Let's hope the film will have a lot of success over there.

everyone's looking miserable

Did they say anything interesting

Thats kind of just the way the Japanese have evolved to carry themselves. They are only allowed (or its only socially acceptable, rather) to express any form of ego through anime fantasy for males and kawaii/hooker culture for females. Shits bleak over there.

Jet lag maybe ?
Or maybe they're concerned about the film flopping in Japan ?

>Did they say anything interesting
Yes some interesting anecdotes from Sylvia Hoeks and Villeneuve. Ford is more serious than usual.

haha, dream on faggot, japan is not a big market, it'll make 10 mil. tops over there.

kek you are as desperate as a DCuck. Make a prayer circle, maybe that will help, fucking loser.

Sylvia looks like a dutch goddess in that suit

>haha, dream on faggot,
Well, i know that it's not a huge market, but i'm hoping it'll still have a big success over there. (relative to Japanese box office).
Why do you call me a faggot though ? Are you rooting for this film to fail in every single countries or what ?

>fucking loser.
Why call me a loser ? All because i enjoyed the film more than you did ? It's easy insulting people behind a computer isn't it ?

is blade runner popular in Japan?

>is blade runner popular in Japan?
I'm also curious (if the original had any success or cult following over there). One thing is for sure, it definitely had a lot of influence in anime/manga

Does it have moe girls doing kawaii things?

among sci-fi fans and enthusiasts like that yes, general public who knows

>Let's hope the film will have a lot of success over there.
Why?

If Japan and China somehow save this movie I'll film myself trying to suck my own dick

You'd think considering shit like Akira and Ghost in the Shell. I heard Satoshi Kon say in Paprika's commentary track that he was influenced by it too

>Why?
Because i thought it was a great sequel. I'd rather see more sci-fi like this than Transformers...

So far the film has yet to break even...

who cares they already made their money back and then some. blade runner isn't mainstream sci-fi, i don't even think there is mainstream sci-fi anymore. 'post modern realistic sci-fi' and star wars are the only marketable sci-fi now.

>Why?
Because it deserves it

it cost 150-185 million to make.

It may end up breaking even once you add in the rest of its run and VOD income
Will probably have good bluray sales too.
But yeah not good, budget was just way too high. Needed to be an $80m movie

It needs to double that to break even

Okay so financial wise, the movie will probably end up with about $235ish million by the end of its run, not including Japan and China. Can those two give it another $100 million?

and I will fucking destroy you in real life, pussy

>they already made their money back and then some
Wrong.

Are you retarded? Do you think they spent nearly 200 million dollars so they could make 20-40 million off of it? That's not how it works, dumbfuck, and it only takes a little logic to see why.

>tfw Ryan couldn't come on the class trip to Japan

Sad to see it being pulled out of theaters. I don't often see movies more than once but this is probably the last time I'll get to see it in IMAX

I went to see it today and the theatre was so packed all they can give me was the handicap seat. At least that's the reason I was given.

>and I will fucking destroy you in real life, pussy
Would you now ? Looks like we have a tuff guy over here...
Whatever you say keyboard warrior.
I don't know if you could, but one thing i do know, is that you seem to have the maturity of a 9 yr old

>I went to see it today and the theatre was so packed all they can give me was the handicap seat. At least that's the reason I was given.
Which country?

That's why Ford is so quiet and sad

>Sylvia Hoek will never peg you
>Ana De Armas will never follow you to the ends of the earth and tell you she loves you with her dying breathe
>ywn drive around with K solving future LA replicant crimes

say it to my face fucker not online and see what happens

NZ. It was a small place though, maybe 70 seats tops. Even the ticket lady was surprised it was so full given the movies been out around a month now.

no it fucking doesnt
>muh transformers
the pinnacle of a delusional kid's discourse on studio meddling
"Well i dont want movies to be like transformers waaah"

>tfw the Japan trip was supposed to be your big chance to hook up with Ryan, but he couldn't go

>NZ. It was a small place though, maybe 70 seats tops.
It's still a positive thing though. In some countries it's no screenings of the film anymore.

Fuck off retard

>the pinnacle of a delusional kid's discourse on studio meddling
>"Well i dont want movies to be like transformers waaah"
You seem to have a pathological narcissistic personality. You know the type...Like the guy who thinks his shit don't stink. You should relax. Nobody will remember your posts, you don't get any points for Belittling People. It's an anonymous posting board for fuck sake..

The guy looks like a jew, is he a jew?

>The guy looks like a jew, is he a jew?
What guy ? him ?

harrison is

Ana
>where is Ryan. Why isn’t he here? I miss Ryan
Denis
> I rather go drinking with shinichiro watanabe right now
Harrison Ford
> I can’t wait to go to the red light district and smash some hairy nip pussy
Sylvia Hoeks
> ???

>Don't ever Voigt-Kampff test me or my son again

>who cares they already made their money back and then some
are you a liberal?

Why are Japanese audiences such autists?They dont even react to any of the things that the actors/actresses say?

you DO realize dune is beyond fucked now, right guys?
>2049 flopped and lost tons of money
>denis won't get another final cut privilege soon
>the suits will interfere with dune daily
>the end result is a dumb action flick
bravo jews

>implying it'll happen at all

at this point fuck it, let spielberg do it

I think silence is a sign of respect or something in their culture

>it needs to earn double the amount it cost to make to break even.

do you know what breaking even means?

math is hard

sadly the world doesn't just automatically double all of your investments. profit is profit, and it's better than going into the red.

Are you kidding me? Spileberg hasn't made a good blockbuster since Minority Report. He doesn't give a shit anymore, except maybe for his Oscar bait flicks. Have you seen the trailer for Ready Player One? It would just be a CGI fest, with bad CGI at that.

Yes, it's heavily referenced in may anime series, several anime movies and series attribute the cyber punk style to it. The 25th anniversary release sold really well as did several of the model kits that were released and re-released over the years.

The name Deckard shows up in a few shows too especially when attributed to robots and detectives.

It comes up as being rude imo but whatever

It's a flop, man, just accept it instead of doing mental gymnastics. BvS also technically made it's budget plus some hundred million more, but even that underperformed and is considered a flop because it made WB change their whole approach to their cinematic universe. BR is not that big of an IP but 20-40 million is nothing when the movie cost almost 200 million.

You're not thinking like hollywood producers think

Wasn't the original really influential in Nipponland?
Hopefully it will do as well as it did in the UK or other similar sized european countries.

Fucking Americans

it's a flop the same way the first one was, it will chug along and slowly build up a steady cult following, a commercial 'failure' and a critical 'success'.

I'm glad it's a flop because that means it'll be ok to like it on Sup Forums indefinitely, it's safe from contrarians

this

neither wil your pathetic defense of a reddit's flavor of the month directors latest turd

Go choke in nigger dick

>Ah Grandpa Harris, you are SO funny! Now take your medicine.

>it's a flop the same way the first one was
This.

Gosling did a great job, and it had the right "feel".

>tfw no Joi nurse dlc

>there are threads about the movie for two weeks straight
>a retarded nigger comes along to call it flavor of the month

Off to the dc/marvelthreads you go you retarded pleb.

Too bad 70% of these threads are autistic Joi was real debates

It could be worse atleast a part of the movie is being discussed.

still legitimately more interesting film discussion compared to rest of this board.

How much do you reckon the advertising campaign for 2049 cost? There wasnt much advertising from what Ive seen.

Agreed.

I want Japan to make some good BR2049 figures.

>tfw the ***** trip was supposed to be your big chance to hook up with ****, but she couldn't go
I know the feel

He won't even be involved... They'll get a drone director and turn Dune into YA, capeshit trash

/toy/ please leave

>Belittling People
The intial capitals really bothers me, user

>yfw you went on that trip but discovered she probably got diddled by her dad and had a mental condition from it that would untimely result in a relationship crashing and burning like the hidenburg but over 3 more years

>the goose isn't there
Sad!

>rdt browsing 2049 fan doesnt know how long does a month last
as expected

and spent nearly $100 million on replication/distribution and marketing

I don't think they made real replicants for the movie and distributed them.

It's already been pulled from a thousand theatres over the weekend because WB is losing money on it. it'll be out of theatres entirely by sunday

the shitty flatliners remake got yanked after just three weeks

studios don't fuck around with their turds anymore

>Grandpa Harris
wat

har har

>mfw you right but I love her so much so I'll fuck up my life really hard for the next years

no goose no care

>profit is profit, and it's better than going into the red.
that's not at all how investment works
you're immobilizing 200 mils for several years, that has an opportunity cost
10% doesn't even remotely cover that cost

Seeing this makes me sad its like a sports team who just lost an important match is being asked why they lost it.

barudo rana

Friendly reminder that BR2049 has yet to open in the second biggest movie market (China)

It's dead jim.
The chinese are worse plebs than americans.
They love shitty cgifests with explosions every 5 seconds.

Top 10 highest-grossing 2017 movies so far in China:
>1. Wolf Warrior 2
>2. The Fate of the Furious
>3. Never Say Die
>4. Kung Fu Yoga
>5. Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back
>6. Transformers: The Last Knight
>7. Dangal
>8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
>9. Kong: Skull Island
>10. xXx: Return of Xander Cage

True kino

>implying chinese can't relate to living in a box in a grimy smogfilled shithole while you slave your life away

Luv actress looks so much better with blonde hair