Riverdale

Begins this week. Will you be watching, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.comicbook.com/2016/09/josie-and-the-pussycats-198964-1280x0.jpg
tvguide.com/news/riverdale-sabrina-the-teenage-witch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck that, no

No.

Sup Forums is excited about it

Only if there's a live thread.

Of course there will be.

I don't have cable, and I'm not the target demographic.

So, no.

Synopses of the first four episodes and some new promotional stills.

1. Chapter One: The River's Edge (January 26, 2017)

>SERIES PREMIERE - As a new school year begins, the town of Riverdale is reeling from the tragic death of high school golden boy Jason Blossom. Archie Andrews (KJ Apa) is still the all-American teen, but the summer’s events made him realize that he wants to pursue a career in music — not follow in his dad Fred’s (Luke Perry) footsteps — despite his forbidden relationship with Riverdale’s young music teacher, Miss Grundy (Sarah Habel). With the weight of the world on his shoulders, Archie looks for a new music mentor and turns to Josie McCoy (Ashleigh Murray) but she is focused solely on her band, Josie and the Pussycats. Weighing heavily on his mind is also his fractured friendship with budding writer Jughead Jones (Cole Sprouse). Meanwhile, girl-next-door Betty Cooper (Lili Reinhart) is anxious to see her crush Archie after being away all summer, but she’s not quite ready to reveal her true feelings to him. And Betty’s nerves, which are hardly soothed by her overbearing mother Alice (Mädchen Amick), aren’t the only thing holding her back. When a new student, Veronica Lodge (Camila Mendes), arrives in town from New York with her mother Hermione (Marisol Nichols), there’s an undeniable spark between her and Archie, but Veronica doesn’t want to risk her new friendship with Betty by making a move. And then there’s Cheryl Blossom (Madelaine Petsch), Riverdale’s Queen Bee, who is happy to stir up trouble amongst the others even though she’s keeping a few secrets of her own.

it's on basic tv

On Sup Forums.

>Archie will be darker, more violent. The audience may seriously think he had something to do with the murder.

My TV is hooked up to a Roku box and a Dreamcast. s'all I got.

Okay with these developments
>Archie, a musician
>Jughead, a writer
>Neverending love triangle between Betty, Veronica, and Archie

What I dislike
>Archie fucking Miss Grundy
>Jughead and Archie hating one another as the entry plot point that will probably get resolved quickly
>soap opera storyline of someone dying

What I'll masturbate to
>Josie and the Pussycats as all three actresses are fucking hot.

2. Chapter Two: A Touch of Evil (February 2, 2016)

>SECRETS UNRAVELED - As new details of Jason’s death begin to emerge, Archie pleads with Miss Grundy to come forward with what they heard at Sweetwater River. Betty makes an effort to mend her friendship with Archie but takes a different stance with Veronica, who is trying to make up for her actions. With rumors around her brother’s death running rampant, Cheryl deals with the pressure in an unexpected fashion, while tensions boil over when Jughead stumbles upon a secret Archie was hoping to keep hidden. Plans for the annual fall pep rally move forward with a performance by Josie and the Pussycats and a special appearance by Mayor McCoy (Robin Givens), Josie's mother.

Hell no, I cant stand the indecisive ginger shit. And CW is cancer

I hope Beggie is endgame.

>What I'll masturbate to
>>Josie and the Pussycats as all three actresses are fucking hot.

I hope we get some Archie x Josie

The only east asian is an asshole would be rapist

thank you for the representation...

3. Chapter Three: Body Double (February 9, 2017)

>THE GIRL WHO CRIED SHOTGUN — After new information surrounding Jason’s death comes to light, Cheryl finds herself under a cloud of suspicion and forced to come clean about the last time she saw her brother. Meanwhile, Archie makes a tough decision that puts a major strain on his relationship with Miss Grundy. Elsewhere, Betty decides to revive the school newspaper and asks for Jughead’s help in investigating Jason’s death. Veronica decides to help Ethel Muggs (Shannon Purser) expose Reggie Mantle (Ross Butler) and other Riverdale High’s football players after rumors of a "shame book" begin to circulate. After being grounded by his father Fred, Archie must figure out a way to make it to the Taste of Riverdale event where Josie and the Pussycats will be performing a song he helped write.

Then download the CW app for Roku and watch it the following day.

4. Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show (February 16, 2017)

>HOLDING ON — When Jughead learns that an anonymous buyer has plans to tear down the local drive-in, he fights desperately to keep it open. Betty finds her friendship with Archie on the line after stumbling upon some startling information she’s uncovered about Miss Grundy’s past. Elsewhere, Veronica confronts her mother Hermoine about a suspicious meeting she witnessed between Hermione and a shady member of the Southside Serpents, a dangerous gang that lives and operates on the fringes of Riverdale. After uncovering Betty’s diary, a vengeful Alice finds the perfect opportunity to destroy Archie’s golden boy image.

...then that is what I shall do.

cover for the tie-in comic...hmmmmmmmmmm

There will.

With bitches.

I'll admit that having Jughead's crown appear as a regular hat is somewhat creative. The CW show producers could have scrapped the iconic crown from Jughead's appearance on the show, but they reworked it.

So +1 respect points for that.

I foresee a lot of bitching alright...

Disgusting.

CW app was the only way I could keep up with the DCTV shows when I didn't have cable since Hulu no longer carried them. It's pretty good for a free app and probably has one of the best interfaces of any Roku app.

Why is Josie black if they already have a black member?

Because now ALL the members of the band are black. DIVERSITY!

killed any and all interest i had in this show
Josie is my waifu

Praise be the CW for flipping the script on blacked and forcing their fascination with WHITED.

come home white man

I'll give it a shot and watch the first episode. If Jughead doesn't eat a burger in the first episode, I'll drop it immediately.

He's vegan.

He's already converted from burgers to coffee by the first episode. There's nothing for OG Archie fans in this. Just don't bother.

I prefer calling it COLONIZATION.

Post the band members pls.

>[Data N/A]
Clearly this is a reliable chart full of facts.

the great debate

>turning Archie into some stupid teen drama bullshit with a murder mystery
Oh look, ANOTHER adaptation that doesn't realize what made the original fun.

>Sup Forums is excited about it
Why? Is one the girls 14?

media.comicbook.com/2016/09/josie-and-the-pussycats-198964-1280x0.jpg

it's very rare

Veronica, no doubt.

SPERM WYRM

Which Dreamcast games you got? I just bought Grandia II the other day

>he likes brown girls

And it checked multiple boxes making Archie trying to "force" his way into their band not only sexism but also racism.

>when ledditors are the ones to save western civilization

redditors are heroes

Barb from Stranger Things will be in this episode.

Can we just let Archie get with Cheryl and hate betty and ronnie be a thing

Heck no! Jughead can't be Vegan!

In the comics Betty is obviously the best choice but judging just from this pic, Veronica!

Hell yes. What day is it? I may be at work so I guess I'll watch after if so.

I hope the mayor disapproves of him and so josie jumps on his dick

Dilton is Asian too

SEA

In the thumbnail she looks like a baby. I don't like this.

Veronica.

It has very good reviews.

li9nk

What's the difference

Eastern Asians have slanted vaginas while Western Asians have vaginas that smell like curry.

This is gonna be like Constantine where I download the .torrents but never actually download the episodes.

>CW show.

At least the women will be hot.

Hopefully Sabrina spin-off instead of a season 2

This. I'd watch a moder Buffyesque verson of Sabrina.

Current Sabrina show being pitched around seems to be a loose adaptation of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. It will tie in directly to Riverdale.

Gonna hate watch this shit and then shitpost about it on Sup Forums, you know standard operating procedure

4/10 boobs, would not bang

The jughead beanie aint bad

Wonder how they ruined Sabrina

semen demon

no

>no info about brown people in interracial marriages

They both look shit compared to Cheryl

tell me more information please

Well I don't know why you WOULD have a problem with Archie being a musician since that's like the only actual or consistent personality trait he's had over the years

That's one of the few things about this straight out of the comics.

I could see me getting wasted and binging this with some friends later on if some really retarded shit goes down, but it'll probably just be boringly mediocre.

I doubt they've even filmed or written that far yet since apparently we wont see Sabrina until the very end of the season.

Absolutely.

They better have lots of Reggie.

>Well I don't know why you WOULD have a problem with Archie being a musician since that's like the only actual or consistent personality trait he's had over the years

Not him but to be fair, Archie is not a serious/fulltime musician in the comics.

>wrecking the Archie-Jughead bromance right from the start

Ballsy. I consider myself officially interested.

From TVguide.com

>Riverdale's executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa coyly hinted to Entertainment Weekly: "Some people don't even know Sabrina is in the Archie family. There is absolutely a universe where Sabrina pops up in Riverdale or one town over in Greendale. >Certainly, the priority is launching Riverdale and making sure that show is as good as it can be and as embraced as we want it to be. I'll just tease that Sabrina has potential with a capital P."
>Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa told TVGuide.com at the Television Critics Association gathering in Pasadena, Calif. that the Sabrina reboot will be inspired by Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, his horror comic book that takes cues from The Exorcist and Rosemary's Baby. "It's very much set in the 1960s," he said. "It'll be an occult thing."

Full article: tvguide.com/news/riverdale-sabrina-the-teenage-witch/

In other news, Shannon Purser, aka, Barb from Stranger Things, has been cast as Ethel Muggs and will appear in episode 3 of Riverdale.

Thats who the murderer is going to be

I seriously want to rape her.

Elliot would be proud

that sounds like such a better pitch than this Archie show
fuck
I hope they do it
Sabrina is the best waifu through every iteration

fluid druid

>It's very much set in the 1960s

So sabrina will be old in Riverdale?

Considering that multiple iterations of the character show witches' ages almost never match their appearance & level of maturity and sometimes don't even view time the same way, I think she'll probably still be a teen or at least look like one.

Is this Bella Thorne or any of her sisters???

Adaptation when?

Oh yeah that kinda makes sense

They just started filming episode 12 so if she's going to show up they'll announce casting in the next few days.

Filming finishes Feb 9.