/STD/

Officially worse than Enterprise edition
Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cause_and_Effect_(episode)
youtu.be/4UMxWrwPeto?t=1m26s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Original #1
>Nurse Chapel
>Yeoman Colt
>Yeoman Rand
>Martha Landon
>Green dancing slut
>Councillor trois cleavage
>Milf crusher (especially if you were a fan of Dune)
>Tasha yar (from yesterdays enterprise)
>Vash
>Jadzia the whore
>Ezri the qt
>Sleepy kes
>Jeri Ryans massive tits
>T'pol's almost as massive tits
>Super charged Carol Marcus
Why is there not a single hot waifu in this show?
All STD has is a spotty fat ginger, a pissed of black girl, a middle aged nonmilf and something that might resemble a robot.
Star Trek used to be about the sexual awakening of the teenage male.
Nobody is putting STD women on their wall, no male magazine is going to ask them to do a photoshoot, what happened?

Reminder that CBS still doesn't release any viewer numbers. It's likely that the show is a massive failure.

How does DISCO use the spore drive now? Do they just let gay engineer guy play with his shrooms every time?

Name a worse show than STD

>you can't

>Just like how now Klingons have two dicks/vaginas.
WHAT

Just watched the first three episodes. It's fucking awful.

Episode 1
>remember klingons?
>two highest ranking crew members on an unimportant yet highly risky mission
>walking instead of flying
>we ni hao now
>dutch angles
>lensflares
>dude mutiny lmao
>every fucking character acts like a robot

Episode 2
>remember klingons?
>flashback
>remember klingons?
>flashback

Episode 3
>captain edgelord
>spores lol

When does it get good?

He takes a few hits of speed and he's good to go

I can't

could they please stop showing the klingons, they're more boring than the disco crew

Last episode. Lorca says to the Klingon lady "Seeking solace in the arms of a human male? We don't even have enough organs for ya!" after learning she was fucking the totally not spy.

I've watched 3 episodes, does it get better?

I liked some aspects of it but not sure if I wanna continue

did they really abandon spore/spice drive because the worm (that killed several of their shipmates) got ill?

>When does it get good?
It doesn't.

>Holodecks were called Rec Rooms in TAS, but they weren't classic holodecks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Rec Rooms were never shown to be able to create hole-characters, only inanimate objects and weather).
That seems like plenty big enough of a gap between a Holodeck and a Rec Room for Picard to be impressed by in TNG, and for a full fledged combat training program with holographic Klingons that shoot *something* not to make sense.

I forgot:

>fighting woman
>closeups for everything
>diversity vs. trump

no, third is the best. Gets worse and worse

They were using it before Ripper. They were just making short jumps. Ripper allowed for long jumps across the Alpha Quadrant.

You forgot:
>Crew members trapped on a planet in a sandstorm with no comms
>Can't see the sky
>"No worries my dude. We just gotta draw a picture in the sand, and surely the people who are in the sky will be able to see it!"

>two highest ranking crew members on an unimportant yet highly risky mission
You can stop pretending to like Star Trek and fuck off, user.

half of episode 5 is good, the Saru half.

Other than that its not very impressive

It doesn't really. It is b scifi through and through, but fully lacking the realization that it is only that.

No way. Last episode showed the ship jumping out of spore jump and engineer guy even mentioned they can't cross the nebula because the spores are still onboard.They apparently just handwaved the fact that using a living being as a biocomputer causes intense strain.

What if it died after a jump and they were stranded in Klingon space

>no Mega link
So that's it then? We've given up?

That's why I said, they weren't CLASSIC holodecks. They could make scenery, control the weather inside the room, generate animals, and play sounds/music.

The holodeck from the xyrillians was supposed to be like the ones we saw in TNG+, and it's clear the feddies had fuckall in the way of advanced holodecks until the TNG era. But it's not impossible that what's on discovery is also a highly experimental version of the holodeck, if they already didn't fucking have holograms literally everywhere else in the federation.

They could have had something cool, but then they fucked it up by acting like the technology was no big deal and had been around everywhere else.

it still works bit is highly inaccurate yeh?

so they abandoned a highly accurate galaxy crossing technology because of of feefees

Didn't we have the exact same plot from the next episode in an earlier Trek show already?

I really think i watched a "break out of a timeloop before the ship implodes episode at some point

learn what a torrent is and how to use it

You don't fucking deserve STD you fucking mong can't even pay for the free fucking trial.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cause_and_Effect_(episode)

If they kept the tardigrade they'd have killed him anyway so...

>paying for a free trial before you would even get to see the finale
>free

>fee
No one was charging them. They did it because it was the right thing to do.

This guy is so obviously Klingon I can't believe nobody saw through him yet. Aren't Starfleet people supposed to be geniuses?

I mean no one noticed that the man who murdered an entire crew for no real reason was a complete and total psycho either so ya know

Truly shit show. Black woman gets jailed in first episode. Went to Vulcan school but can't stop being emotional. Is right about everything all the time. Males just get in her way. Klingons talk like retards, look like niggers but are supposed to be Nazis. Lol. Gay couple, absolutely unrelatable characters. Just download DS9 for great black leadership role you sjw fags.

Either they are already running out of ideas or they didn't watch any other Star Trek show before

>It's a Michael is 2 smart 4 me the Vulcan guy episode
First she's smarter than all the vulcan students, now she can fight and mind-meld like a vulcan?
I wish the writers would stop writing the show backwards. Yes, Michael is the main character but they're leaving no space for the other characters to grow. The scene between Lorca and totally-not-a-klingon-spy was an info dump.
>Gay engineer talks like a millenial
>Discovery computer tells you why the things you drink are good for you
Is this show written by vegancucks?
>Logic extremist
Didn't that shit ended in the 4th season of ENT?
Also now the katra can heal someone? Could they stop fucking with the canon?

> pay for the free trial, hu-man
This is a Starfleet board. Ferengis not welcome.

they clearly have, they're referencing minor shit constantly, and there's multiple time loop episodes throughout the series

the problem is that it's unfocused and can't tell stories, not the trek stuff

>When the writers are so stupid they think this is a twist

But even the trek stuff is largely ripped from reddit and indie games

what does that even mean

I can't help but laugh at
>logic extremists

Waterbears are a hyped up meme animal and there is already a game about using them for space travel

>Be Burnham
>Have a nice diverse boys name, how progressive, even in Star trek Discovery it's unusual!
>Be step-sister to Spock, DAE SPOCK?
>Sarek himself treats you better than Spock you're his favourite
>Can mind meld with sarek in full holographic projection across the galaxy
>Smarter than all your starfleet officer peers
>Somehow immune to any mistakes you make
>Liked by everyone on the ship despite being a massive miserable cunt.

DISCO FFS I thought you gais had photoshopped them onto the shirts, but no there they were.
The state of this show.

its so lazy too

like they couldn't even put 5 minutes into coming up for a name for the Vulcan terrorist organization

It's embarrassing someone would need to rip giant space tardigrades, but someone did.

Logic is what you try and use against SJW types and they always complain facts, logic and reasoning is all Mansplaing bullshit to be ignored. Now we have a brave Kangz female warrior who was most killed by cis male logic extremists.
See?

It's SJW Trek, hot women are a tool of the patriarchy and a symbol of oppression.

WHY IS IT GETTING WORSE?!! WHY!!!

Second is the best, it's all downhill from there

I knew it would probably go bad but I didn't think it would nosedive so quickly after that pilot.

well to be fair I'm pretty sure there's a well known series of books focused around a scary giant creature that is somehow the key to intergalactic space travel and they were written some 60 years ago. Doesn't make it any more original.

the Good Vulkans, by calling them "logic extremists", they're saying that they agree that suicide bombing and a belief in martyrdom is logical in the first place
like, maybe they'd call themselves that, but it's illogical as fuck to call them logical

it's so fucking dumb

That tardigrade holding the naked man is fucking hilarious

>hey dude I just met on a Klingon ship I know nothing about who also keeps lying about his identity
>don't you wanna become chief security officer?
Either Lorca is totally fucking insane, or he sees through it and is going to ruse him eventually.
But with the quality of the writing so far I'd guess Lorca is just fucking nuts, and the grand nigress will become captain after the first season.

Sure tell that STD writer did in fact follow that game. You would need to be serious fag to do that.

agree with everything but it's absolutely a staple of Star Trek that the Captain and First Officer tend to do stupidly dangerous shit like away missions together, leaving Lt. Cmd. side character in charge of the ship for their subplot

BBT

Nah. He's a member of a super secret star ship, they probably had to check his union record and his papers so he must be a real human.
That talk with Voq was probably a red herring and he sacrificed some stupid.

Even if he is human, he or Lorca could have been brainwashed on the klingon ship

I mean to be fair he is probably based on a real human and his magic disguise is probably made with Klingon blood magic or some shit

If it does turn out this dude is a Klingon I'll never doubt you guys again.

It's amazing how Sup Forums can unbox every show before it has a chance to pull le epic tweest.

it's literally based on just having the same actor for both characters

I wrote a Star Trek tv show (premise, some characters, two episodes and a loose story arc) a while back because I'm autistic and I knew it was garbage but I honestly think it's better than this.

Sup Forums hasn't solved Mr Robot yet.

That's like the one exception. Even reddit can crack the latest HBO shows after three episodes or gather enough leaks to btfo almost every twist or arc.

to be fair I'm sure this show looked better in its first draft too

before producers, directors, shitty actors and marketing teams got all over it

>Either Lorca is totally fucking insane, or he sees through it and is going to ruse him eventually.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
Lorca lost his friend/chief security officer in a previous episode (thanks to the writers who killed her because Michael is the hero), so he wants to keep an eye on that totally-not-a-klingon-spy-guys.

>If it does turn out this dude is a Klingon I'll never doubt you guys again.
At first I didn't believe in that theory but after that episode (look at the way he acts throughout the episode), I think he's a klingon.

its almost like the point of good foreshadowing is to make it possible for the audience to expect the outcome

It's one of the most idiotic things about the universe. Sending the most competent person with the most sensitive knowledge on insane suicide missions all the time.

It's only a suicide mission for those with red shirts.

Fuck this terrible show and everyone involved in it's production. Star Trek is dead

Will see her ONE MORE TIME

at least Picard stayed behind a lot

Anyone have the mega? It's the only way I can watch it with my father

The scene where the Micheal character does the leap into the mind meld void was so bad, she's really got nothing.
It reminded me of pic related only it wasn't funny.

When they say "logic extremists", are they talking about the Syrrannites from Enterprise?

I wish Rick Berman was still at the helm of the franchise and Manny Coto had his own Trek spin-off.

That and Klingons have done this before in TOS according to my Trekkie bro

youtu.be/4UMxWrwPeto?t=1m26s
PROOF that STD isn't canon at 1:26

It's basically already confirmed by all the fucking awkward "foreshadowing" in every single scene involving him in the latest episode.

>dudebro you fight like a klingon! I'll make you security officer! like that klingon dudebro in that other show!
>that was a very human thing to say! I believe you're human!
>there's something funny about this guy...

?

I mean sure, but TOS Klingons looked like humans in brown face, simple makeup could effect a disguise

managing to disguise these redesigned Klingons would take some fucking magic on the level with this spore drive magic

>a lifetime of discipline washed away, and in its place... a mutineer

Post link, I'll read it.

what the fuck would "logic extremist" even mean in a vulcan context
I thought vulcans already base their entire society around extremely rigid adherence to logic

>it's a "the captain sleeps with his superior officer" episode
I really hated these on the old Trek series....

Oh wait.

I was gonna say that Dukat had surgery to look like a Bajoran, but going from nuKlingon to human just sounds fucking ridiculous.

I can't

They have magical devices that will fix broken bones and repair damaged DNA with no radical intervention. Klingons can cloak ships.

What is so radical about a little plastic surgery.

When he reverses the surgery, will he keep the non-fucked teeth?

STD was written by women and their beta orbiters. Women ruin everything. Everything they touch turns to shit, and then they throw a party to celebrate the destruction.

They wreck media, they wreck hobbies, they wreck homes.

Unironically considering converting to Islam because of this ongoing shit. Islam is the only answer to women running amok. They need to be put back in the home, covered the fuck up, and shut the fuck up.

REMAIN KLINGON human shitlord

TOS Klingons could disguise themselves as humans because they were basically just humans with goatees due to the augment virus.

Humans, Bajorans, Cardassians and Klingons could disguise as each other in TNG/DS9 times because they were all basically just humans with the aliens having some extra stuff added on like the bajoran nose, cardassian neck, etc.

STD Klingons look completely different. They're like a foot taller, you would have to remove part of their skull, etc. It makes no sense.

it seems to me racist isolationist suicide bombers based on what that one guy said about hating Sarek for loving humans and wanting the Vulcans to leave the failed Federation

honestly I'm not a Sup Forumstard but this is getting ridiculous, yes we get it right wing bad, diversity good, the Klingons got that one across you didn't need to make the Vulcan terrorists have the exact same motive of racist isolationism thanks, now present me with some even halfway decent intellectual ideas instead of this Abrams level trash

Why did she need boobs as a robot? Did she make robo milk?

Literally who

>It makes no sense.
Lots of things in this show make no sense

Not memeing, I seriously just think you're relying too much on (logic) in a show that throws logic out the fucking window whenever it's convenient. I mean this is a show about space mushrooms.

Who are we supposed to be rooting for?