MOTHER

Why no one talks about this kino? WTF is wrong with you Sup Forums?

>main character is female
>is also jennifer lawrence

No thanks.

>gets the shit graphically beat out of her

Based movie.

It's simply *too* smart, meaningful and important. We're mostly about capeshit tripe around here

>starring dumb slut who actually chose to fuck Weinstein

No rip yet

It's one of the most dishonest films I've ever seen.

where is the gif of that scene ?
I want it to loop on my desktop wallpaper forever.

You can't loop a wallpaper normie

It's 2017
You sure can.

>dishonest films
What do you mean?

pic or didn't happen

Not him, but I agree. The trailers and marketing (and the season) sell the movie as some kind of horror film; it kind of is in a way, but in another way it also really, really is NOT.

havent watched this yet, but apparently it sucked really hard.

(((they))) hated it

its a good film tho, one of arnofskys best

I don't generally enjoy movies with convoluted BEAT YOU IN THE FACE "subtle" themes that are apparent in the first 2 mins.

It seemed like rip off of the old and new testament.

i thought (((they))) always pushed JLaw's movies tho. Also after this movie's flop it seems JLaw may as well be quite screwed.

Does it mean that she's in a good one for once?

its a complete piece of shit.
absolutely the worst film to come out this year
an insult to filmmaking
pretentious, void of ideas and completely self indulgent

That's the problem. "themes" is the only thing this thing has; you can't even consider it an allegory, because there's no real core story to begin with, only the one that the non-story is being allegorical of

It felt like an "intellectual exercise". It didn't feel like a genuine story that the filmmaker wanted to tell. A story that meant a lot to the filmmaker. In short. It felt like Aronofsky wanted to show off some ideas not because it really meant anything to him, but because he wanted more money, fame and most of all intellectual respectability. It's very upper middle class... and I should know that.

I feel the same about all of Aronofsky's films. Don't get me wrong. He's not a bad filmmaker. He knows how to tell a story and he knows the technical side of filmmaking, but it's not genuine - it lacks a "soul".

Aronofsky is a very smart guy, but he's not wise and he's not very interesting. He doesn't know himself or is at least on interested in exploring that. Maybe he's just very shallow. He's not alone in this btw.

Compare Aronofsky to Bergman for example. You might not like Bergman's films - fine - , but all of them are very genuine. Bergman put a part of himself in all of his films. That's very painful to do. It's like exposing a part of yourself that you might be ashamed of or that might be very vulnerable...

You know that you have made a genuine - an honest - film when it hurts to watch it or when it hurts when someone critiques it.... and I'm not talking about a bruised ego..... I'm taking about as if someone grabbed your heart and squeezed hard.

I doubt that Aronofsky has ever felt that. Oh I'm sure he's ego etc. has been bruised, but not like if someone took his heart and squeezed.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Btw. I don't think you can make that many honest films, because every person only has a limited number of things that they care enough about.

I went into the movie blindly. I literally didn't know anything about it besides it's name.
I work at the cinema and got asked to watch the movie before it comes out to check if there are any problems (I actually get moneys for this shit). A movie called Mother sounds like a chill movie and it was at first, then things started to get crazy and I was blown away!
Watched the trailers after the movie and not only it destroyed the illusion of a chill movie it was nothing like the movie itself.
Why do people actually watch trailers?

I didn't see it, but I saw how polarizing it was, so I was meaning to see it. Guess I'll torrent it at some point.

JLaw getting the shit beaten out of her by an angry mob whilst her tits flop around is literally the pinnacle of what she can offer cinema, may as well retire now.

>muh feels
fuck off

stfu. Her acting in this movie is 10/10