Suicide Forest

You guys remember that God awful movie The Forest, an American movie about Japan Suicide forest. Surely a comic can do better. . . Surely

God, that movie was awful. The funniest part about it was that it definitely wasn't made with weeaboos in mind. There's that scene where the main character goes to a restaurant and receives a strange jellyfish looking thing on a plate, and I couldn't help asking "why didn't she just go to an american style restaurant and order a hamburger? it doesn't seem that hard to find western food in tokyo."

A lot of things in that movie didn't make sense, but she had to meet the English speaking dude somehow.

She didn't have to meet an english speaking dude. They could just make a movie set in japan with japanese characters instead of having to force the "american visiting japan" angle like in every horror film set there. I get it makes more money if the main character is played by an established white actress, but it usually backfires with the overall film when they have to do backflips to make up an excuse for what the character is doing there in the first place, and then they feel they need to take advantage of the setting by trying to build tension by demonstrating the "otherness" felt by a foreigner visiting an alien culture in a faraway country. That's what that scene is for, but the problem is that it doesn't work in a large city in a first world country during an era of globalized communication like ours. It just makes the creative team look like idiots that didn't do research, or refused to apply whatever research they may have done.

Yeah I'll never understand Hollywood, you had a clear and simple concept. Then you have investors claiming ppl won't understand unless you have a guy lead her by the hand the whole movie. In the movie that guy went out if his way and got screwed for it.

I like this story a little more

What a twist

good lord that was bad

So I guess we're supposed to be viewing the reality of his work place, and the girl has a crush on him. They way he talks in the beginning about her in the beginning, he would be to over jealus to make a relationship with her actually work.

The end by the way

>it's a "the popular kids weren't bullying the social outcast after all. he's just a jerk" episode. Nice.

the art was interesting but that was really shitty. i guess im use to the jap horror stuff that has a lot more build up.

why was this made.

I honestly don't know. The movie sucked, not sure why that would inspire someone to make a comic. Not even sure how the comic is going to go, will each issue just be random ppl or will it connect.

Just so many why's I had to share

This one feels so odd compared to all the manga I read. It's kinda weird seeing so many asian facial features and so much bowing.

Thanks