James Marsden reportedly among those in running for role of Hal Jordan in Green Lanten Corps...

James Marsden reportedly among those in running for role of Hal Jordan in Green Lanten Corps. Other candidates are Ryan Reynolds, Tom Cruise, Armie Hammer, Jake Gyllenhaal, Bradley Cooper, and Joel McHale

Bring Ryan back.

>Ryan Reynolds
Yeah, I really doubt that

My casting preferences:

Reynolds>Amboyer>Hammer>Fillion>Marsden>Cruise>Gyllenhaal>Cooper>McHale

>Ryan Reynolds
I thought they wanted to distance themselves from the GL movie? He probably wouldn't do it anyways, unless DP2 sucks ass.

I agree for these reasons.

1. No reason he can't be Deadpool and Green Lantern
2. Movie was highly underrated
3. It would mean Mark Strong comes back as Sinestro
4. Ryan and Blake met and fell in love filming the movie

>Amboyer
When you want Reynolds, but can't afford him.

if he is, Carol will cuck him with Kyle
it's almost guaranteed

What if they signed Blake as Carol and cornered Ryan into coming back.
Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman, and Suicide Squad makes the GL movie look like Citizen Kane.

>In Brightest Day, in Blackest Night
>Inhumans won't escape my sight
>Let those who worship evil's might
>Beware my power, Cyclops is right!

That would be cool but I really want Armie Hammer.

>Hal Jordan
>Again
Why? Why another old white guy who's as exciting as white bread?

Why not Alan Scott with the Starheart or John Stewart so that the token darkie isn't half-covered in robot parts? Stewart is just as handicapped as Cyborg is too.

If Armie Hammer doesn't get this, it will be at least the third time he got close to playing a major DC character and didn't.

If you knew shit about the movie, you'd know it's about Hal AND John.

It's Hal and John. They called it Lethal Weapon in space.

>John Stewart
>being more exciting than anyone

>Hal Jordan
Why do we have to have cyborg as the token instead one of the brown lanterns?

Why those two? Why not Hal and Kilowog or better yet Sinestro and Hal?

Make it so that Sinestro's betrayal actually FEELS like a betrayal, and not obvious.

Wasn't this guy Cyke? So he might play not one but TWO live-action comic book cuckolds?

Man he's slimmed down.

I know he was going to be Batman. What was the other?
Hammer has been teasing the shit out of people on twitter about it and I liked him and Cavill together in Man from UNCLE so I hope he gets to be Hal.

Am I alone in thinking Reynolds was a bad cast as Hal? He just doesn't suit the version of Hal I have in my head.

I heard rumors that Kilowog and Guy may be inclued too. If they do put Kilowog in, I'd support bringing in Kevin Michael Richardson from the animated series or Kevin Grevioux. And for Guy? Pratt would have been perfect. MCU Star-Lord pretty much is Guy. Maybe Zac Efron?

Batman in Miller's JL and he got close for Snyder's too I believe.

>Guy Gardener
So this has to take place several years after Hal first joined the Corps, so it won't be an origin story at all?

>And for Guy? Pratt would have been perfect. MCU Star-Lord pretty much is Guy.
Maybe the pussified version we've gotten recently.

This complete psycho asshole is Guy. Just look at that shit eating grin.

WAYYYYYY too old.

Well John being in there should tell you that much, but who knows. They can do anything they want here.

So? Guy isn't young at all, he spent multiple years in universe in a coma.

Did you forget Superman Returns? He has been two already (I'm still pissed about Scott/Jean/Logan!)
Hal is not a cuckold though.

Ben Affleck is 2 years older than him.

Who do you think should direct? It has to someone who can make up for the terrible Goyer puts in the scrpt.

He looks 20 years older.

Carol's already in the DCEU, though.

Member this from last year's April Fools?

MCU recast loads of times and brought people back from the same movies. Besides, Carrie Ferris was a footnote in Man of Steel.

i'm okay with marsden. reynolds i don' think that's serious. tom cruise, why? armie hammer, meh? he's ok, but he doesn't seem right. Gyllenhaal, Cooper...why? because they think it will get women to go. McHale?? was he hiding under the desk at a casting meeting and when it got quiet he kinda whispered his name and someone says "...what about joel mchhale?"

>tom cruise, why?
To fit into a more experienced Hal training a fresh John Stewart. He wouldn't be the worst cast, really.

What about Jesse Plemons?

Physically I can see it but he doesn't have the voice or the gruffness.

>Sinestro and Hal team up movie
I want this, really.
Hopefully they could make a prequel with this concept

i didn't think of it like that. that they would be trying to make them play older than usual, like playing thier OWN age

>Pratt would have been perfect. MCU Star-Lord pretty much is Guy

Isn't he like a bit busy with Westworld?

The idea doesn't bother me, tho.

It's not uncommon for actors to do both movies and TV at the same time, and the movies way off still.

This. Blacklist didn't keep Spader from doing Age of Ultron. Arrow didn't stop Amell from doing Ninja Turtles.

Nice

Well, I guess you guys are right. Now I feel a bit dumb.

He can only play comedy and some light drama, I can't possibly take him seriously when he tries to play angry which is a pretty big thing for Guy.

Jesus this poor guy. Always the cuck. Even hal gets cucked by Kyle

Pratt also looks like JLI Guy

Well Pratt was a jock asshole in the first season of Everwood, pretty much a teenage Guy, shame there isn't any of his S1 scenes on youtube

Pic related
Wasn't Guy a football coach?

>Pratt also looks like JLI Guy
I think one of us needs an eye exam and I don't think it's me.

Just slap a bowl cut on him and voilá

That could have been great, as long as he's got solid writers and people to tell him no at certain times.

That would confirm he is getting cucked by Kyle. Poor Hal.

>Man of Steel, Batman vs. Superman, and Suicide Squad makes the GL movie look like Citizen Kane.

No, it doesn't. That GL movie was truly horrible.

Fuck him.

That kid wouldn't have told anybody.

>2. Movie was highly underrated

Make it a buddy cop movie, Hal teaching John. Villain is Atrocitus, he activates the Manhunters to destroy Oa, survives the end to form Red Lantern Corp. Hal passes sector responiblities to Stewart, Hal is free to join the JL. Sequel is Sinestro Corps War. BOOM. Wheres my fucking check?

Yeah, they were all pretty bad.

Hopefully in a paper shredder, that sounds boring as fuck. I would just read Johns' GL if I wanted a retread.

SS and GL were.

Honestly, with Flash and Aquaman and Shazam delayed, and Harley and Her Amazing Girlfriends pushed up front, I can see this year being the last hurrah for the JL, and a Detective Comics Extended Universe centered on Gotham.

If Wonder Woman is woeful and JL makes Suicide Squad money, I would bet on it.

Recast Batman, reboot with a Gotham centric series of films, a new Bat Trilogy and see where Harley and Joker go from here.

Fair enough, but after 3 fucking movies failing perhaps its time for a safe bet? Upside of that idea, NO FUCKING EARTH

What about ol' Zac?

He's got the Bod

following up a terrible movie with a sequel is not a "safe bet". No one is clamoring for Sucker Punch 2.

He turned down Doctor Strange because he didn't want to do a franchise, why would he even consider playing Guy?

So basically, don't have him do anything and just stick his name on the film.

How is that Sucker Punch 2?

Can he even act

But he's so hot

The single biggest problem with GL movies is that the "good" arcs are long-term payoffs of reading through mountains of pretty terrible GL comic books. His old villains are "evil dude with a ring too" and yellow people.

Normies aren't going to digest enough lore to make stuff like the Sinestro Corps war or the rest meaningful. In the Silver Age you've got the Manhunters and a lot of crap even comic fans who aren't devotees of Green Lantern haven't heard of.
Modern Green Lantern is rainbow corps shenanigans and their space creature patrons.

We've had Parallax and Hector. What's that leave, Tattooed Man? Goldface?

Meh.

First Flight seemed to do alright with the limited time it had

There's an entire universe of outer-space-threats for the Green Lanterns to fight that you apparently have never heard of.

Lobo has a bounty set on Sector 2814's Green Lantern, but little does he know that 2814 has TWO Lanterns now.

Yes, no one has heard of Bolphunga the Unrelenting or Replikon.

And there's no way to make me or anyone else give a shit about them. I'd say, "Write the main characters as compelling and endearing and even charming" but it's abundantly clear that's not how WB works these things.

I dont think my heart could take seeing WB fuck up Lobo

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE: THE POST: THE EXTENDED UNIVERSE

That's just like, your opinion, man.
I think EVERY character has potential.
If Ant-Man can have a movie then anyone can. No this isn't company wars I'm just pointing to Ant-Man as an example of a less popular character who now has a pretty successful movie.

Something something The Reach against the GLs

That's my point, you didn't like their last effort either, and they put a lot of their best stuff in that film, a couple of good villain portrayals and a truly bad one.

Assuming this retry gets made, the priorities will be 1. The villains, 2. the cool Special Effects 3. Finding some poor handsome desperate bastard who's willing to try playing Hal again.

LEGION could be entertaining, not sure how the Brainiac connection would work though.

>I think EVERY character has potential.
>If Ant-Man can have a movie then anyone can.
Yes, but you hate on the style of movie that makes Ant-Man palatable to wide audiences.

I did like their last effort though.

Oh, well if you enjoyed their last Green Lantern film, they can probably serve you up some more to your tastes. Carry on then.
Pity not enough people could stand it that it could make a nickel for the studio tho.

>Fillion>Marsden

Nathan Fillion doesn't look like he did when they made Firefly anymore user. Firefly was 15 fucking years ago.
Let Hal Jordan be played by someone who DIDN'T star on Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place.

There was a time when he wasn't, but it turns out that those appearances were written by a child rapist.

I liked the last one too.

He was also in the final running for Captain America.

Wasn't everybody?

Poor dude should just get it.

just focus on Outer Space Ring Shit. There's tons of DC Cosmic Fodder out there for them to wade thru.

Maybe it's the hair, but he looks more like Kyle than Hal to me.

When is it going to be his turn?

Guy'll need to lose a bunch of weight for it but I could see it

Yeah, most Disney Guys end up pretty well unlike the girls