DDL is back lads, incoming kino

Why aren't we talking about this? Guess the Oscars it wins. DDL is back after his usual hiatus between films.

youtu.be/asbg5u5j0YI

Looks like pretentious dogshit

(((Tips)))

If I didn't know it was PTA I'd say this looks like dull chick flick

>new DDL and PTA film comes out, first one in 5 years
>no discussion
>capeshit trailer with a black in it
>ten threads, all reaching 400 replies
Jesus Christ.

It looks like one of these Oscar bait spoofs
>There Will Be Blood, now with top hats

daniel gay lewis is plebbit personified

>greatest living actor
>is plebbit

Looks boring as fuck, but i'll be first in line for this

Oh good. Another movie I'm too stupid to understand.

No joke, but at this point it actually starts to feel like PTA is jerking off directly in my face. Seriously, what the hell in this trailer was meant to make anyone interested? Some old fag arguing with his wife by raising his voice ever so slightly? Boy I can't wait for 3 hours of this.

It looks like PTA from 5 seconds in.

>implying either of those things matter
You're pathetic

I wasn't expecting much more after hearing what it was about. I love PTA and DDL though so might as well go give it a chance.

A lot of the good movies I've been to see lately have been absolutely nothing like their trailers.

>DDL is back after his usual hiatus between films.

This was filmed before he announced his retirement.

>nothing matters ;)
Fantastic opinion.

I guess you're not interested in human drama?

Pretty sure it wasn't.

Maybe you're right.

It was. This was his last film.

Actually no, I'm right. He retired on June 21st, and this was filmed january - spring 2017.

Well, okay then. Seems like you are right.

You are correct. But I know his retirement is temporary.

"Acting" is the most overrated shit in the entirety of the film industry.
Seriously, it's not that fucking hard. Why is it literal fucking who's can land massive acting roles at a young age with no experience whatsoever?
What exactly is it about Daniel Day-Faggot that makes him so much better than every other actor? He's just another cunt larping as a fictional character for a few months. Big fucking whoop de doop.
FUCK actors and FUCK their pretentious self-worth.
the only worth an actor has is their inherent charisma and looks, which inevitably has an effect on the film. any input of "skill" they pretend to be using is just fluff.

also
KILL
yourself

You trying to make this pasta?

who gives a fuck

was anyone REALLY upset at all when they found out 'muh intense actor man' daniel day lewis wouldn't be in any more films?
who gives a FUCK lad
fuCK

Yeah, it's epic so do it it's a meme

Jeez.

Wew lad. Definitely hyped for this as PTA is my favourite director. Interesting that the cinematography isn't as flashy as his recent films, it seems, hopefully that is purposeful rather than the responsibility of PTA acting as director AND cinematograper for the first time overwhelming him. Never disliked a PTA film- lets keep this streak going

>What exactly is it about Daniel Day-Faggot that makes him so much better than every other actor?

wow his last film is a stuffy english romance drama, such a high note to exit on.

Worried about Anderson's career if the marketing only amounts to this, other than There will be blood his recent films have flopped commercially, it looks like his financiers recognized this fact too as Inherent Vice only had a budget of 20 mil, yet it still bombed hard. Phantom thread has a budget of 35 mil and that's probably because of Day-Lewis being attached, but in this current climate I don't think the film will smash the box office just because of the last Day-Lewis film ever meme. If it bombs Anderson might be fucked for future funding

Snyder (and to a lesser extent Nolan and Refn) is Kubrick's visual heir

PTA is a hack of the highest order. First stealing from Altman and Scorsese and Kubrick. After There will be blood he run out of ideas and tried to develop his own style which flopped with the master and inherent vice. This looks just as superficial and vapid. Full of itself and thinking its already a masterpiece.

I'm scared bros, this looks bad. And Danny looks like he's not even trying, this looks like one of those 19th century England melodramatic Keira Knightley flicks

ya seething

Agreed, PTA is my favorite living director (only Kubrick is superior in my book, maybe Altman) and the cinematography is definitely different. Some parts are flashy, like the mountain scene and the party, but his trailers try to keep most of the visuals and plot under wraps.

I really can't imagine how this movie wouldn't be a masterpiece at this point. Also, the soundtrack by Johnny Greenwood is on point as usual.

Name a bad DDL film.

Trailers have never done justice to any PTA film.

>Snyder (and to a lesser extent Nolan and Refn) is Kubrick's visual heir
Please fucking kill yourself, teenager.

Think you should leave the board first m8. PTA being an dishonest hack fraud is literally one of the oldest opinions from Sup Forums

Nine, Stars & Bars, The Crucible, The Boxer. His mediocre films outnumber the good ones.

You mean "oldest memes" that you underagers think are actual opinions?

>of the 4 movies user mentioned, only 3 are rated poorly by critics and audience scores
>3 out of 20 movies
You aren't good with math are you?

What is this accent they're doing?

British. nigga u deaf?

Looks like it will be a good film.

plebs

Anderson is considered a bonafide American artist at this point, he'll always get money from people that wish to see their names on the credits of something people will watch decades from now

You asked for one bad film. I was generous and gave you 4 (not 3 - you can't even count lol) and then went on to express that there were other films that were mediocre and that they make up the majority. Now go jack off to his handful of good films.

His last three films had phenomenal trailers that he cut himself. This feels pretty tepid but I'm sure it's just a weak trailer

They're all capeshit fans fighting in the war between DC and Marvel.

>HURR CRITICS SAY ITS GOOD SO YOU CANT HAVE AN OPINION OF YOUR OWN
The absolute state of nu/tv/

You gave me 3, since the 4th was not poorly received. This whole thing is just an autistic semantic anyway.

So then it's shifted to "I didn't like them", not that the film is question was poorly received by audiences or critics...

*in

Audiences like rehashed capeshit and star wars every year 4 times a year

critics are paid shills, all the movies he listed are mediocre and forgotten, DDL has a good track record but those films sucked

>WAHHH SHILLS!! AUDIENCES ARE DUM DUM. NOT LIKE ME THOUGH!
great post.

>this is a typical Sup Forums poster

>top comment on reddit post is a joke about previous DDL film

Why do people think that we're the ones who can't discuss things seriously again?

>obsession with rebbit
>they sometimes can't discuss films, so that means we can

Uh...nice try buddy but that little pic you screenshitted has the comments organized as "BEST" not the proper descending order that is "top". Pic related

>PTA
which director is he ripping off now?

Bump

> DDL
> Greatest actor of his generation
> final role
> does impression of Ralph Feinnes
why the fuck didn't they just get Ralph Feinnes?