How come Marvel is the most publically relevant that they've been in decades, but selling so horribly?

How come Marvel is the most publically relevant that they've been in decades, but selling so horribly?

When Marvel movies stop being relevent, what will happe to their comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-potential-power-of-comics-safe-spaces-in-the-t.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Comic Industry will be dead by then.

>When Marvel movies stop being relevent, what will happen to their comics?

They'll be FUCKED.

Remember what DC You did to DC's sales?

That's basically how Marvel would sell without the films creating interest in the comics.

If the Marvel cinematic universe starts to sink, they'll do the obvious: pluck a female character out from the line up, animate her and give her the CGI Disney Princess sameface, add in some music written by some Broadway poof, make a generic copy-and-past 3 act movie, and then watch the cash roll in.

Fuck the comics, who cares. It's not going to be about them anymore. It's the new reality. They've basically been converted into a glorified version of the 3 panel Spider-Man newspaper comic strips.

It's already happening. What Marvel doesn't seem to grasp is that the people they're drawing in from the movies want to see the characters that were in the movies. They want Sam WIlson as Falcon, because that's who he is in the MCU. They want RDJ/Tony Stark Iron Man over Riri, because that's what the MCU has.

They've ALREADY pissed away their synergy sales by trying to be socially progressive. That's why they're doing so poorly.

This, normies don't understand why the person on the cover of Wolverine is a teenage girl

The MCU will never die. Once spidey leads the avengers with a new wolverine (probably x-23 now) it will make even more money

They are the most publically relevant because they have begun to use their characters as soap boxes for their own personal views, and their arguments are so two dimensional and bad that it is sad.

While Cap and a few other comics have always dealt with some of the 'heavier' issues, the majority were still lighthearted stories that had drama and awesome heroes being awesome.

Now even the Marvel version of Teen Titans that was released, and supported by the scholastic network, had a story involving underage girls being kidnapped, raped, forced to wear clown makeup, and the heroes don't even save all of the girls! And that was just the first issue!

Ms. Marvel, Deadpool and Spiderman, and Ultimates are some of the few comics that have their own stories and focus on heroes doing stuff and having fun or heroic arcs.

Spiderman is dealing with the fact that his soul is literally damned to HELL and that he now knows Mephisto is going to claim him when he dies... and yet that is still AWESOME 'light' compared to the "SJW SJW SJW, REPUBLICANS ARE BAD, RANDOM ACTS OF BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE, COPS BEATING MINORITIES, WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO BE REPLACED, WHITE MEN NEED TO DIE SO BLACK PEOPLE CAN GET PUSHED INTO THEIR ROLES!"

Only reason Im not killing myself is to see what will happen to Marvel when MCU dies.

>a story involving underage girls being kidnapped, raped, forced to wear clown makeup, and the heroes don't even save all of the girls

This sounds more "magical realm" than "socially relevant"

When the movies are over,They will pull up a Rebirth like DC did.

Let's be honest , DC wouldn't have done Rebirth as they have done it if the movies weren't so fucked in the public eye.They would have pull the synergy card that apparently we all hate.

Now , Marvel is in a bad state , but it is not doomed. If they were , the industry would have died years ago

X23 will never be in the MCU. What the hell are you talking about?

Marvel is being kept afloat by the Star Wars comics, which are basically a lifeline thrown by daddy Mouse. They'll be way behind DC without that even overshipping. Once the MCU crashes, they are going to face major changes or be shut down altogether

>spiderman will never be part of the MCU
>F4 will never be part of the MCU
>no xmen characters will be part of the MCU

heh ok kid

They'll reboot it. Please don't kill yourself, though. I have plans for you, user. Great plans indeed...

That's how they're selling now if they didn't pad shit with overships.

Currently Marvel doesn't have a single hero that can get close to 100k sales if it's not a #1. Spider-Man is selling in the 60k range. Things are shit

The company is making a profit, the paper comic sales themselves are making a profit, the online content based upon those comics is making a profit.

>When do they go bankrupt?

Get your shit together, Sup Forums.

And while we're at it : WHEN WILL DC COMICS SHUT DOWN???

>The MCU will never die

You can't possibly believe this

>WHEN WILL DC COMICS SHUT DOWN???

When they stop BTFOing Marvel, so a few decades from now at least

>They would have pull the synergy card that apparently we all hate.

The suicide Squad comic is the exact same as the movie Squad and Supergirl is like she is in the show. I'm surprised Flash isn't hanging out with Vibe and killer frost

Star Wars has been around for 30 years and hasn't made as much money. It will not end in our lifetime, which might as well be forever.

If logan goes well then Marvel will never get back the X-Men rights. Fox will just make lower budget R rated films and rake in the cash

sounds more like the clinton foundation or comet ping pong

>>>>btfo

>The company is making a profit

Says who? For the most part DC and Marvel are subsidized by their parent companies.

but they're selling worse than that now

Star Wars wasn't putting out 2 or 3 movies a year. People saw the prequels because of nostalgia for the originals and VII for nostalgia plus a promise back to the "fun" Star Wars. That was a bad example and you know it

>They are the most publically relevant because they have begun to use their characters as soap boxes for their own personal views

No, they're publically relevant because they have movies. Before the movies nobody gave a fuck about anything Marvel that wasn't Spider-man or X-men.

Denial is not only a river.

That image just makes Marvel look bad, user. If they don't have 1's and events they can't compete with Batman and the Justice League who actually have people who read them

Star wars also doesnt have 100+ years of stories to tell.

Can it, cuck. DC cant even manage one good film

I think you mean that image makes DC look bad because they rely on Batman (and the Batman + Friends comic) making up 75% of their comic sales.

>all those #1
>next month they all drop like a ton of bricks

lmao Marvel is a carcass of a company now

>Justice League in double digits and Batman at around 8 issues in

vs

>4 #1s and two events

holy kek.

You can't really think that a company that can't sell books unless they're brand new is healthy. They're literally selling entirely to the collector's market, and we know how that went in the 90's.

Fuck, every month Marvel has to come out with a slew of new books to even stay afloat, and rarely do any books last longer than 4 or 5 issues (and even then it's only so they can try to sell it later as a trade.

No I don't mean that. Batman has dedicated readers and fans. That making up the bulk of DC's sales is irrelevant since it is still stories making sales. The bulk of Marvels sales are coming from and endless cycle of #1's and events. Spider-Man, Marvels biggest hero, sells half of what Batman does.

You can shill all you like or try and twist it that it's DC who is failing but this is a pathetic showing

Neither does Marvel. The vast majority of their stories are trash. Same with DC

>mfw all those pathetic ass Marvel numbers are cooked up with variant shit and other tricks

Just shut it down Disney and focus on movies, this is too sad to watch

>Not even Marvel 1's can crack 100k now

It's always great when a shill shows up his own side of the argument

>can't sell books unless they're brand new
Even then, they're not actually "selling" them. Diamond makes no distinction in sales figures for books that Marvel comps to retailers to inflate figures. If Marvel didn't do that, they likely wouldn't even have 2 titles in the top 10.

>Star Wars has been around for 30 years and hasn't made as much money.

Adjusted for inflation A New Hope made the most money

>Avengers #1 81,885

BENEATH THE STAINS OF TIME
THE FEELINGS... DISAPPEAR

The Avengers are the biggest shit on the planet right now, just behind Star Wars. Marvel comics inability to capitalize on this astounds me.

>Marvel now has roughly three audiences because one wasn't enough
>when they appeal to movie goers, long time readers are alienated, and SJWs shout racism
>when they please the SJWs, long time readers feel betrayed and moviegoers lose interest
>when they please long time readers, no one but them gives a shit about the book

They kinde brought it on themselves.

>has roughly three audiences
Neither moviegoers nor SJWs buy comics

>DC titles shown here, not counting the annual and TMNT Crossover, are past #1 and still maintaining good sales

>Marvel titles that aren't Civil War or Star Wars are all in their #1 or #0 first issue

>Star Wars can't beat a Batman/TMNT crossover

>Avengers #1 can't even beat Walking Dead

SJWs buy more comics than long time readers.

so what I don't understand is

DC was floundering for how long exactly?

And Marvel starts to flag a bit, and people are declaring the company dead?

I'm pretty sure that the movies will continue to be popular enough for there to be a decent amount of editorial and creative turnaround. Is this some Sup Forumsnsole wars bullshit?

>a shill posted this pic thinking it helped his argument

Yeah, but Marvel is still pandering to them is what I meant.

Since when Spiderman know about his soul going to hell?

Because the people they're trying to be relevant too DON'T BUY COMICS!

The lineup right now is so fucking boring tho

>SamCap
>Whor
>Poor man's Slav Hope Pym'
>Vision
>Peter Parker

And I honestly can't fucking remember if there are more characters in it and if there are they don't do nothing and are of no consequence.

Uncanny Avengers has a better line up even with Deadpool, Duggan's OC, and Brother Voodo.

Then how the hell do you explain how Marvel's sales have been dropping consistently?
And the myriad canceled series that barely reached a dozen issues since their diversity push began?

You could have put SJW shout racism in every line there. They look for things to make them angry

I fuckin' wish Vibe was around for Flash to hang out with

Spider-Man / Deadpool

They don't and never will buy capes

At this point I would not be surprised if Marvel Studios ends up outliving the rest of Marvel.

I would. It isn't as popular as you think it is. Iron Man is popular, popular as shit. Doctor Strange can't even make as much money as Sing

>DC was floundering for how long exactly?
The main difference seems to be DC had no idea what it was doing and kept trying and failing at new bullshit

What Marvel's been doing clearly isn't working, but their solution is just to double down and keep going.

DC was lost in a maze, Marvel's in a hole and is trying to dig up.

Robert Downey Junior looks like he's about to relapse anytime he's involved in MCU stuff. I don't see him staying beyond Infinity Wars once he has scammed enough money out of Disney to live four lives. I may be wrong though

>Is this some Sup Forumsnsole wars bullshit?

Of course it fucking is.People said the said the same thing about DC during Nu52 and DCYou.Now it's about Marvel. At some point in time , DC will start to get the same treatment again because of something ridiculous.

It's a cycle that people forget selectively just to shit another company, but now, Marvel is the easy target right now , because of those terrible "SJW" , whatever that means

>said the said the same thing about DC during Nu52

Why? I understand DCYou but New 52 had strong sales. It was nowhere near the shitshow that was DCYou or Marvel's Nower Again 2 : The Sequel

>"SJW" , whatever that means
It means that the progressive left is trying to co-opt another nerd hobby.
pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/01/the-potential-power-of-comics-safe-spaces-in-the-t.html

Some of us more long time readers aren't enthused about the legacies and characters we enjoy being thrown into the trash while companies and creators vilify us as they use their books as a political pundit.

motion comics and video games

the progressive left has had its hooks in cape comics pretty much since the beginning

>People said the said the same thing about DC during Nu52 and DCYou

Except New 52 pissed people off because of continuity, but sold really well. DC You had very well-liked books but sold very poorly due to focusing on non-A-listers.

Marvel isn't like that. There's no one issue that leads to Marvel doing so badly because everything they're doing is wrong. Readership is dropping like a rock and they don't even have any good books in the tradeoff. They're simultaneously doing everything DC did wrong both times while also doing everything they did wrong in the ninties, AND everything Sony did wrong with their failed Ghostbusters movie, and they've been doing the same thing ever since the first Civil War.

What we're seeing is Marvel sufferin from years of bad descisons, and they flat-out don't have the talent to pull themselves up from the tailspin they're in.

>because of those terrible "SJW" , whatever that means
The very fact that you pretend not to know what SJWs are shows you're not arguing from a position of honesty.

The thing is , I don't need to point to some ideologue to say a comic book company is doing bad ,I just need to know the quality of their books, and clearly , one of them gives better content(Hint:it starts with D) not because of their characters race ,color or the ideas behind him , but because of the quality behind them.

I am not so thin skinned that I need to go against some stupid small group on the internet that I disagree with on some level to say that some comics are shit.

The difference is that the older comics were better written.

It's mostly they way they deal with the new characters. back in the days they want a black character or a mulato, they write a new character black or mulato, just look how they replace the xmen in the 75. Nowadays they want a new mulato girl, they look at the roster and replace a popular one with the mulato, chinese, indian whatever, wich is a poor job, and sad, and now u got Riri Morales Kamala x23 and all that shit