In the late 80s Marvel did a Punisher/Daredevil story that took place in two separate issues

In the late 80s Marvel did a Punisher/Daredevil story that took place in two separate issues.

One issue was from the perspective of Punisher, and the other was from the perspective of Daredevil.

You can read the Punisher issue here: This is the Daredevil issue.

DAREDEVIL #257

STORYTIME

bump if you're reading

And that's that.

What'd you guys think?

Typhoid Mary makes me feel ways about stuff.

Anyone notice how Frank has a bit of a harder time with the other street level capes now? Like when he first started out he was capable of really butting heads with the best on them, Steve, Peter and Matt. Now, it seem like he has to put all he got into even just fighting Matt. Like compare the fight from here or from Millar's DD run to their fight in Marvel Knights. Nowadays it feel like Frank has to play the whole Rope a Dope thing, but to stay in the fight.

Well US Marine Corps training only gets one so far. Maybe add some Spec Ops training from the MAX-verse.

On a side note, Has Punisher ever run into either Silver Sable & Wildpack, Paladin, Solo, any members from Agency X or any other mid-high tier mercs??

Punisher running thru a mercenary gauntlet sounds like a neat angle for a story arc.

I read the daredevil version of this story years ago, but this is my first time seeing the Punisher one.
It's amazing how much more unsympathetic the killer is in Frank's story.

This is still relevant today.

Go on, tell me more about the ways Typhoid Mary makes you feel about stuff.

>Has Punisher ever run into either Silver Sable & Wildpack

JUST FUCK ALREADY!

She was also in the Punisher No Mercy video game.

The game was fun in small doses. Only if Zen Studio put in a little more polish in the user interface and match making.
>Will never get a DLC pack of: Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan, Yelena Black Widow, and Outlaw from Agency X

Rucka's included a little continuation of this story.

Yeah Agent X/Agency X have crossed paths with Frank before

I'm usually not one too call character designs "tryhard edgy", but Typhoid Mary was tryhard edgy.

bumped

I really wish they would do this gimmicks again with DD and Frank, it's such a cool idea.

Also, If I'm not mistaken this poisoned aspirin story was based on something that really happened, right?

Outlaw was sexy as all hell in that series.

Shame it turned out that she has fake tits and a wig.

Frank used to be portrayed as kind of a master tactician, always prepared for every possibility like Batman. he would generally handle the other street level guys by outsmarting them. that kind of subtlety seems to have been abandoned lately for brute strength. Cap is stronger that Frank, so he wins. DD has his radar shit, so he wins. Spidey has his whole power set, so he wins. Never mind the fact that a guy like the Punisher, doing what he does, in a world with these types of beings, would have multiple plans to deal with super power types during the inevitable clashes. Ennis seems like the last person to really show us this, clueing us into Frank's thought process when dealing these guys.

This cover makes me think that Frank and Matt have become giants.

Punisher Pariah has a GREAT Cap fight where he's chasing Frank through a bunch of slums, all the while Frank is evading like a snake and secretly luring Cap and to the police to gang hideouts so they get mixed up fighting gangsters instead of him. A lot of these 90s story arcs are underrated as fuck. People just assume Punisher comics were extreme for extremes sake back then.

bump

Man, Frank was damn handsome in the 80's.

Yep. Her edginess transcends the decades.
Also, checked.

Holy shit John Romita Jr sucks

Nocenti/JrJr Daredevil is as good as Millers

Bumping the bump.

A chick wrote this?

That's some impressive armpit hair right there.

The punisher comic was so much better. I wish I had read that first instead of this one. This comic is sort of awkward without the other.

The Tylenol Killer, I assume.

Ann Nocenti. She was quite possibly the only woman to have a run on a MAJOR Marvel character up until the current Punisher series by Becky Cloonan.