Are y'all excited? Debuts in less than two months

Are y'all excited? Debuts in less than two months.

>saw some of the episode titles and it looks like The weapons and Shou-Lao are confirmed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0sEJeWB3RA8
ew.com/tv/2017/01/16/the-defenders-finn-jones-previews-iron-fist/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
youtube.com/watch?v=4mVPOOL0w3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtu.be/0sEJeWB3RA8
I've watched this trailer too many times not to get hype.

Still haven't watched Luke Cage. How did it score?

I'm legit nervous about the show.
Iron Fist is my favorite of the four characters in general, and it looks like they're crazy changing up all his shit.
I mean, the show runnner has said that his only power is punching really really hard.
What the fuck.
I hope it's good.

yeah i hope so dude

if nothing else it'll have some great martial arts scenes

>Still haven't watched Luke Cage. How did it score?
I tried watching Luke Cage, 'twas a total bore.

This is a really shitty Bingo. Half of the spaces are just direct plot points ripped from DD, not general tropes/cliches seen throughout all of the series as a whole.

They're all things that happened both in DD and JJ.

Courtesy of The Iron Fist podcast stalking the BBFC website, here are some Iron Fist episode titles. Should be accurate at time of posting. Here are a few

>1: Snow gives way
>2: Shadow Hawk takes flight
>6 :Immortal emerges from cave
>9 :The Mistress of All Agonies
>13: Dragon plays with fire

Guess this gives as indication of the way Danny might speak. Also, with the plane crash origin, it seems he'll be similar to the USM portrayal. So expect an adorable little egg, who sometimes talks like a fortune cookie.

B1, but sooner than that. Poor pops. N5, O4, O5.

Needs to be updated and/or a new one made.

I believe that was just his first impression.

>One thing I will say though, is Marvel should be prepared for the reviews about this show. That have probably already been written.

I think the people expecting crazy, mystical shenanigans will be disappointed. There'll be some, but I reckon it will be mostly corporate stuff.

I was consistently paced, but it didn't have PEAKHYPE episodes like JJ (Acid bath did come close, though.) And, it didnt have the "Oh wow, as soon as I've finished this, I really want to watch it, again", feel.

It's quite Lukewarm in hindsight.

*feel of DD.

I still can't really get behind Finn. Hopefully he's good but eh. Not into it.

Nah, I wish we were at Defenders or Punisher already.

Is it because he's a twink, or because he's white? Those seem to be the main two reasons.

Finn Jones on Danny Rand/Iron Fist.

ew.com/tv/2017/01/16/the-defenders-finn-jones-previews-iron-fist/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

>The great thing about the comic books is they’re fantastic but they’re — and I don’t want to say two-dimensional — they’re comic books, and what we’re doing is we’re making more fleshed-out characters who have real problems with the world. There’s more to Danny and Luke’s characters and what they can bring to each other than the comic books ever came upon.

What do you think he means by that, Sup Forums? What will the shows fill out that the comics didn't?

Any indication that /ourguy/ us going to make an appearance?

the main thing thats bugging me is how much time will this series go through. all the previous shows took place in 2015 in the continuity, and i'm assuming this show will be the start of 2016, and having the shows be a year behind of the movies and AoS is kind of weird.

Its probably going to have something to do with racism and privilege, considering Danny is the heir to a multi million dollar company and Luke Cage is a black man with a criminal record.

Oh, and it'll be handled terribly.

Im really curious as to how they'll do the costume

>Oh, and it'll be handled terribly.
only if the people who wrote luke cage write it.

Green track suit, yellow bandanna. Brass knuckles that "make his fists like iron."

You forgot the hallway fight.

I was so disappointed when we saw the Iron fist effect in the trailer and it wasn't literally setting his fists on fire and seeing his bones as black x-rays. That's such a good fucking image.

But hes already confirmed to have the glowing chi punch user

In this case it actually makes sense, though. Implicit white privilege has always been apart of Danny's narrative. (Busiek who wrote H4H, on hindsight wished he made it more explicit. It was on a thread talking about Danny's race/AAIronFist.)

I wonder how they'll handle it, though.

She's Bride of Nine Spiders, right?

I swear, I'm expecting disappointment with this show with all the fantastic elements taken out.

I'm excited for the first 5 or so episodes to be really good and then take a nose dive in quality.

I honestly liked Luke Cage less than I did Jessica Jones, that at least had Kilgrave, here neither Cottonmouth, neither Diamondback did it for me. Chill music and blacksplotation is cool and all, but at times it looked like shit and smelled like shit.

Daredevil S1 is still a lighting they'll never capture again.

youtube.com/watch?v=4mVPOOL0w3c

Thats because Luke is the least interesting character of the show. The show had me when he went Wu Tang cleaning up the streets, but other than that the show was a snorefest. Luke is just a constant wet blanket most of the time, and I suppose I really just wanted a prelude to Heroes for Hire. Which I have no idea why theyre going to give both Danny/Luke another season separately, because HfH seems like the best progression

I think the problem is with all these shows is when the momentum starts picking up, they do one of THOSE episodes. Like the one where it shows Luke Cage in prison, or DD being injured and lying at home, just episodes where they grind to a halt to kill an hour.

With that exact outfit it cant be anyone else.

Im hoping the rest show up.

Cottonmouth and Maria were far more compelling than Luke was, unfortunately.

Also, I get why they went with Defenders instead of Heroes for Hire, because Defenders is more heroic than guys who only help you if you got the money, but to have the Heroes for Hire show up is kind of redundant when all the characters team up in Defenders anyways.

It's like if they made Avengers Prime films where Cap, Thor, Tony and Hulk team up alongside the Avengers films.

Pretty sure David Sakurai is Dog Brother #1, and IFPC scooped out the actress listed as playing The Bride. (Can't remember her name.) So it's fair to assume Cobra is in it.

How much you want to bet they do nothing with spiders about her?
...or she'll just be killed off like a goon.

I think the 'chest is a corpse full of spiders' would be doable with practical effects. But thats if they want to do it.

I also wonder if Tiger's Most Beautiful Daughter will have the belt outfit.

Dude, episode four was like the best, because Luke had a freaking personality.

If Elektra's was modified, Tiger's certainly will be.

I find his curly hair funny.

He's definitely going to shave within the episode or two after he gets back to New York. Maybe he'll cut his hair too.

Ya know what? I wouldn't mind if comics synergised Danny as having curls. It makes him stand out from the other straight blond-haired aryan heroes, and it's also adorable.

This is the Netflix that made JJ just jump really high and the new Elektra outfit. Expect tamer costumes.

His character is a cipher. It's like they tried to tone down the 70's blackploitation aspects that much/what people could construe as offensive he's watered down into boringness. They didn't really replace it with anything else (expect conservativeness). I will be forever miffed he wasn't from Harlem.

haven't done a bad netflix yet, and DD and JJ have been better than all the movies. So yes I am hype

Episode nine is named after a Bride move.

I don't know about it looking like a "black X-Ray", think more like shining a light at the back of an eyeball. His fists were described as "fiery" in the first press release, so we'll probably see them when he goes "Super Saiyan".

>Busiek who wrote H4H, on hindsight wished he made it more explicit.

He literally had civilians turn against Luke Cage because they thought he was turning white! How much more obvious can you get?

Really!? Which issue was that, and why?

>main character gets the shit beat out of them every episode
what dumb ass would make this the middle square when Luke Cage was already announced

>villain is never referred to by their supervillain name
I'll give Luke Cage this, they definitely didn't fall for this one. Cottonmouth, Diamondback, Black Mariah and Shades all got regular name drops.

>Daredevil S1 is still a lighting they'll never capture again.
I would argue that they haven't tried well enough.

Jessica Jones dragged out one plot that ought to have been simple, given how Kilgrave acted, over 13 episodes, only diverting from that to do some really stupid almost unconnected stuff with Nuke that was introduced really poorly.

Daredevil Season 2 basically had two different plots that it divided time between awkwardly, and the one that was supposedly the "main" one with a villain in it was not introduced until 4 episodes in, and was much weaker, leaving Punisher with a much stronger arc than the supposed main character.

Luke Cage seemed to start like Daredevil, but with a villain hierarchy that posed no real threat to him until Diamondback arrived and basically veered the plot into a completely different direction, and with so little resolution to the season, it felt hollow.

Daredevil did something very intelligent, yet pretty basic when you think about it, and made excellent use of the time span they had to present it over, setting up a clear, single overarching antagonist for the story, and giving Daredevil multiple villain associates and underlings to work his way through over the course of the 13 episodes. Some of these posed real threats in different ways to daredevil, being stronger than him, or having much more serious ninja training, or insidious control over the police department. I understand not wanting to feel repetitive, but this is a formula that works really, really well given the format, and nothing else they've tried quite makes as good use of it.

I feel the opposite. JJ had Killgrave but some of the other supporting characters were fucking awful Trish and Based Nuke were good but everyone else was like nails on a chalkboard. Luke at least had a really solid supporting cast. Even the people who only showed up for an episode or two

>it looked like shit and smelled like shit.
I don't even know what the fuck you mean by this.

>It's like they tried to tone down the 70's blackploitation aspects that much/what people could construe as offensive he's watered down into boringness
The only way they were going to do the 70s version was as a period piece. They did modern Luke and modern Luke doesn't act like 70s Luke.

>I will be forever miffed he wasn't from Harlem.
Who gives a shit? The majority of MCU characters are different in small ways from 616. The MCU is an alternate universe just like the Ultimate U. If you went into this expecting a 1:1 recreation of 616 Luke you were a moron.

I thought it was pretty solid. Cottonmouth was probably the best villain in anything Marvel related. The back and forth between them reminded me of a more grounded version of the Luthor business man vs Superman sort of thing. Pretty interesting.

It could've cut a few episodes (which is a problem with EVERY MARVEL SHOW) but it was nowhere near as ludicrous as Jessica Jones which bent over backwards to keep things going with Purple Man and had that awkward Nuke subplot

thats cause in the world of criminality going by a title isnt as weird

>having this shitty of an opinion

Also DD S1 is way overrated. JJ is the worst show of the lot

It's based of DD and JJ S1.

>THE INCIDENT
>THE INCIDENT
>THE INCIDENT

So annoying. The MCU shows would've been better off being set in the 70s/80s when NYC was a legit cesspool of crime and kungfu/black/revenge exploitation films were all the rage.

MCU!Luke isn't even Bendis!Luke.

Not every part of the character would be adapted from 616 into 199999, but major part of Luke is that he's from Harlem. Now is a country boy from the south. He's Luke Cage in name only.

It was an entire subplot through his run on Power Man & Iron Fist!

>Yfw Kilgrave got away like FOUR fucking times.

she flew when she saved nuke from her old house...just off screen.

I wonder if they'll touch on it with Misty/Danny. I mean it would make sense.

>I'm sure people would have something to say about them.

>Brass knuckles that "make his fists like iron."

K

What's gonna be /REALLY/ obnoxious and annoying is all the people that detest Danny for being white, praising Marvel for "changing" the " problematic" aspects of his origin, and talking about privilege. Like A)That wasn't Danny's character to begin with and B) This isn't the most obvious thing that would happen considering the characters.

I'll watch the first 4-5 episodes and then just guess what happens after that.

Think it will be split in two, a la, Luke Cage.

I liked it, actually. It's pretty hard to animate that chi fire-like effect that they give him in te comics without making it look awful or making it cheap enough.

I know people don't realise about this stuff often, but what works in a comic, my not work in a TV easily.

>Scott Buck show
>excited
Hell fucking no.

>JJ
>hype
That shit show was even more boring than Luke Cage.

Kilgrave was fucking awful. One of the worst villains I've seen in a long time.

hunnnng, that's a hot goth girl

JJ is the best Marvel production yet. But I wouldn't guess that a capeshitter understands that

It was puerile garbage for morons with zero quality standards, you moronic Sup Forumstard.

> t. capeshit fag

Thing is that Cottonmouth kinda was a boy in a man's body. Though it wasn't a woman he desired so much as respect.

t. Sup Forumstard piece of shit
Please do the world a favor and get an inoperable tumor.