What are your thoughts on the manchild epidemic?

What are your thoughts on the manchild epidemic?

It feels like it's being pushed more and more that it's okay for men in their 20s/30s not to grow up

As long as people can pay their bills on time it doesn't matter what people do for a hobby,

i think the blue grey poster epidemic is sadder

Not mutually exclusive. Just because you watch a movie, doesn't mean you're immature. If anything, the people who worry about this stuff are the ones who need to "grow up".

What are your thoughts on the movie American Psycho?

It's hilariously disgusting

It baffles me. I'm in that same age range but all growing up has done for me is make me realize the "classics" aren't as good as I remember. Somehow, there's a large demographic of retards that start thinking not only are those movies better than they thought they were as a child, but that the magic can and will be recaptured by sequels and reboots and adaptations and all other manner of capitalizing. I guess marketing departments are well worth the money.

Growing up made me realize nothing really changes.
It's the same as ten years ago.
Working crappy jobs and being a loser.

DUDE STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE BE A BIG BOY LIKE ME LMAO XD

reddit

Being excited or enjoying a dose of nostalgia doesn't make you a manchild.

>mom is spending everyone's money just like the wife/gf is spending the couples money

Wow, made activates almond.

Triggered

>I wish I was at home doing a crossword
>despite my best efforts, 20y/o son is a pleb
>I wanted to show off my ass in these new yoga pants, but autsimo here is 101 proof dick-repellant
>why won't he just move out
>my feet hurt
>I'm hungry

I'm sure that's something Sup Forums- Television & Film should discuss

It made me realize that grown ups were never that grown up at all. Everyone as old as I am are just big kids that grew up with the same things I did.

Turn men into grown children, and see what happens to your culture. Remember, this is the future you chose.

None of you are over 25

that's a good thing

fuck off grandpa, you should be dead already

GOD I JUST REALIZED HOW FUCKING CRINGY I AM. WHY THE FUCK DID I LIKE ANIME, VIDEOGAMES MOVIES AND TV SHOWS THEY'RE ALL SO FUCKING CRINGY IM A WALKING CRINGEFEST

Sup Forums was a mistake

Your frontal lobes aren't even developed.

The fuck do you know about adulthood?

>The guy typing in all caps and using emotes is calling other people triggered
What did he mean by this?

This. It's hilarious how people use millenial as an insult when the vast majority on this site (including the very people that use millenial as an insult) are probably millenials themselves. Sup Forums in particular is one of the worst offenders. It's filled with teenagers who found out about it via baneposting and want to be part of the latest meme. It's why they just parrot whatever shitty meme is being forced like pickle rick or sneed, so they feel a part of something bigger because they'll never achieve anything noteworthy in their own life.

Im 26, just like your digits

If you’re not a millennial, you’re either too young or too old to post here

Oh yeah, and this culture is the one worth saving, let me tell ya...

I am. I come here to laugh at the cretins who make threads like this, pretending they're mature for not liking things. The irony amuses me.

>I am
Are you sure? You still actively post on Sup Forums(Can provide proof) meaning the image is attacking your "kind"

>liking movies unironically
Do people actually do this?

>japanese art style in image
you're part of the problem

single mother?

IRL the kid would have went with his dad who also wanted to see the cool new dino flick.

how is this tv related you stupid manchild?

Married, own a home, work full time, got a kid

Also have a gaming rig in the living room, a life size stormtrooper I use as a coat rack, a fat ass TV where I watch anime

You can man child and still function as an adult, what am I meant to do all day, sit there and read a newspaper and contemplate fucking poetry?

Learn a language, educate yourself, develop a skill. Don't consume the equivalent of junk food for your brain.

wts is with this shity comic ? if you're 22, you don't need to ask your mom if you can go to watch a fucking movie.

imagine them hanging that painting in their living room. I swear the next generation will become full on readers and anti social media. I mean it cant be cool when mom and dad likes it, right?

How many women are still obsessed with Disney in their 20s/30s?

Huh I guess you're not really over 25 then :^)

*tips*

Never saw it that way before... I'll pray for it come true

Oh man. it would be great. But then they need to figure out a way to stop the pendulum from swinging hard back the other way into YAAAS media and sharing every fucking thing while clicking on le clickbaities.

reminds me of that episode of futurama where they find the fountain of youth and revert into babies. that's what's happening to society. Meanwhile, the few of us who realize what's going on are like Superman when he flew around the earth so fast it spun the other direction and went back in time.

You think these people are having kids?
Even if they are having sex, they'll just get abortions

>posts this on this particular subsection of this Nigerian basket weaving forum

What's wrong with socializing?

>Complains about manchildren
>Goes on Sup Forums
You might be in the wrong place

>he thinks red and black is actually cool

Its the boomers fault. The problem with the boomers is that they paired up after the 60s after all the hippies and their 'women's liberation' bullshit became popular. As such, the women chose mates based on how much they agreed with their feminist bullshit rather than their ability to be a man. This left the middle and upper class of the millennial generation growing up with no strong male role models in their life. Their fathers were just the beta male feminists who weasled their way into attracting a mate. This combined with women being in positions of administrative power for the first time in history resulted in a mass 'devouring mother' Oedipus complex. This resulted in millennial men never growing up

Why the fuck would I learn anything other than English?

Not as bad as blue orange

I don't know about that. I mean it's definitely become more socially acceptable for adults to participate in activities that were once considered to be exclusively for children. At the same time I can remember shit like my friend's fathers having a Sega Genesis and shit like that back in the early 90's. Except they were obviously married with kids and had a steady job. Which you definitely are seeing a lot less of these days.

Para que dejes de ser un imbécil, gringo. This is why no one respects you.

none

People throw marxist around despite the fact that marxists and "cultural marxists" (SJW's) couldnt be any different.

Marxist thought: The system produces the outcomes and the culture that is created merely supports the current system

Neoliberal Progressive logic: Culture is the defining aspect of our capitalist system and all outcomes are directly tied to it, not production/relationship to the means of production

Its like an inversion of marx's thinking but people attach it to make it sound like spooky communism

I love when people use the terms like "grow up" and "be a man" that are just vague terms with no real definition. And then expect people to become like those vague terms without any guidance or goals. It's just a term to use when you have no real argument but want to take a moral high ground.

Invariably, manchildren are balding, wear glasses, drink "craft" beer, support Bernie Sanders, have open relationships, and prefer cats over dogs.

???
Neoliberal are the ones distributing the wealth.

I like how your post is a vague attempt to get the moral high ground because you are eternally buttmad when people tell you to stop acting like a manchild

naw the truth is most people were factory workers, never got educated ,spoiled their kids

once tv came along then vidya then internet it was too much entertainment that caused this

>naw the truth is most people were factory workers, never got educated ,spoiled their kids
this is the most retarded comment of all times.

Education is a XXI century privilege. In literally no other century education was the norm, and for millenniums people were able to raise their children without any education.

26 here.

And Ive been on this shitty website for like ten years ;_;

>Sup Forums- Television & Film
Where the fuck are you people coming from?

i feel that uh i feel that uh the people are too afraid of the real world, that they're scared to go outside and get mugged or rejected by women but it's a life learning experience

It's not like I wanted to end up this way. But even with a degree and 5 years experience from my last job, I can't find anything that isn't entry level grunt work with no hope of advancement. Even openings for jobs that, based on what they're asking for and my experience, I am perfectly suited for I can't even get an interview. If there's even one thing I would need to be trained on, there's no point in even applying. So why bother trying?

I didn't want to be like this, but they made me this way.

Literally me

Mummy bought me a 1070

im 24

Ill grow up, i promise.

A bloo bloo bloo

>wasting your youth on Sup Forums

>not working out and taking care of your physique
Fucking mandchild slobs

>101 proof dick-repellant
>50.5% dick-repellant

What are your thoughts on the faggot OP spam epidemic?

>>I wanted to show off my ass in these new yoga pants,
I-is she single?

>a fat ass TV
Are you a nigger or a 90s born queer?

Most 22 year olds can't even cook their own dinner these days.

Define "not to grow up"

I like OP, you retard. Its why we reply to him everytime.

Its a thread to talk about Sup Forums's personal issues.

I hope OP doesn't stop just because you get triggered.

im 25 been here for 10 years.

I deleted facebook in favor of anonymous shit poster

Yeah, but Sup Forums posters who still live with their parentsor still in college ou adult you because they don't like popular movies, everyone know this is what being a man is about

millennial's are 23-36, so yeah the majority of this site falls under that category, the generation most people insult is actually gen Z, and they are right to do so, even if it comes off as a get off my lawn mentality.

Surely you wouldn't mind posting your film station (aka: where you watch your movies), right?

Sup Forums does it with their computers, and /fit/ does it with their gains. Surely you are not baiting and you can actually prove what you speak

If society tells women can fosake all accountability and demand priveledges at the expense of men. Why would they "grow up"?

If you're a man who pays his bills and lives the daily grind, what do you have to gain by being more than that?

what movies do mature adults watch?

What age did you move out of home Sup Forums?

capeshit with your children

>millennial's are 23-36
Its all made up bullshit. People born in 84 dont have anything in common with people born in 94

Not that guy, but spamming the topic is not acceptable from a board standpoint (not all of these are replied to, some just "stick" after he self-bumps them a bunch.)

In addition, it's comical because it's ironic. OP is apparently concerned about a "manchild" epidemic, when OP is hysterically reposting threads of Sup Forums in a desperate search for attention or discussion. Why would you want to talk to a hypocrite, user?

The last part is it's just sad. So many topics are just reposted and reposted day in and day out by the same people, and I think it's bad to support that behavior because it simply isn't healthy for them, they have to have issues to do it in the first place.

>can give up social networking with friends any time but not a Senegalese wood-chucking message board

I know that feel

This. Men need a strong father figure to look up to in order to "grow up" and that has been destroyed in many cases. Back in the day fathers would have told their sons to stop covering their rooms with superhero posters and to stop watching cartoons.

Also JP is the fucking man.

Nothing wrong with geeking out on your favourite franchise.

Hell, I'll fangirl once Uru In Blue and 30.+10 get release.

What are your opinions on video games and star wars video games that you gobble up like a hotpocket?

Only kino.

Chungking Express.
Taxi Driver.
A Clockwork Orange.

As examples.

>but spamming the topic is not acceptable from a board standpoint
It is acceptable though.
>when OP is hysterically reposting threads of Sup Forums in a desperate search for attention or discussion
I don't even know if post posts here or just leaves right after making the thread, and neither do you.
>Why would you want to talk to a hypocrite, user
We are anonymous. I talk to anonymous, not OP. I don't direct my posts towards OP, but towards the people of the board that also reply here.
>sad. So many topics are just reposted and reposted day in and day out by the same people
Exactly, which is why it is acceptable.
>and I think it's bad to support that behavior because it simply isn't healthy for them
That's just your opinion, a dumb one too. If there is a demand for a certain topic, people will talk about it. You can't shut down people.

Glad we argued this, thus fulfilling OP's thread's purpose. Bye!

i was raised by a parents who fit the eternal child stereotype so i don't see anything wrong with it. they get just as excited about things that i do, sometimes more.

People tried it the other way and it didn't work. People in the fifties were all about getting jobs early, working till they couldn't walk and sacrificing in the name of family and doing everything you're supposed to do. And you know what happened? Those people were miserable and repressed which lead to the torrent of degeneracy we saw in the 60s and 70s and which has led to that which we are seeing today.

All "growing up" does is make you miserable because you're not living how you want to, you're living how society tells you you should want to, which may not always be the case. People are as different and varied as can be. As long as you can pay your bills and be self-sufficient who gives a fuck what you do.

Life's too short to spend it doing what you think other people think you should be doing.

So you want OP to keep reposting this shit on a daily basis?

Is it bad for old people to listen to classic rock and 'oldies' radio stations and for old people to watch Western tv shows like Bonanza and Little House on the Prairie and Western movies that they watched when they were younger?

>I'm a girl, btw

strong father figures don't mean much in a world where strength doesn't matter

"Adulthood" is dying as a concept because there are no real dangers or hardships in first world life. No real call to sacrifice or real rewards for sacrifice.

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

Most men are fucked these days

except chads