Can someone please explain to me just what the hell is going on here? What I've read so far doesn't make sense

Can someone please explain to me just what the hell is going on here? What I've read so far doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense is that Marvel actually thought it was a good idea to make a third clone saga.

They're not "clones" remember? They're people brought back from the dead haha. They're ruining Ben Reilly's name.

shit

Otto kills everyone because Ben Reilly insulted his waifu

The gist of it is that Slott has gotten very VERY desperate.

A generally decent idea (something as big as cloning like that wouldn't just go away and could cause a major catastrophe) ruined by a terrible foundation, taking WAY too long to get there, and shit execution.

So almost any Slott Spider-Man event.

>Uh no! Clones!
>Eh, I'm sure it's nothing.
>OH NO! IT WAS SOMETHING!
>JAAAAACKAAAAALLLLL!
>Fuck you Jackal, you're- Ben Reily?
>Guess you're not evil then...
>Muh Uncle Ben
>WHAT?!? Ben Reily /was/ evil?!?
>OH NO! ZOMBIES!

Kills everyone including himself and infects said waifu because, for a smart guy, he's kinda a dumbass

is a Slott story, where the surprise?.

Basically Ben Reilly never died; he had his brain transferred into a new body when Norman Osborn impaled him at the end of the 90s Clone Saga by Jackyl.

Jackyl faked his death in Maximum Clonage and used Ben as a lab rat to perfect a process to transfer 100% perfect memory into new clone bodies, by killing Ben over 30 times, just so he could resurrect him.

Ben snapped after the events of Spider-Island, kills Jackyl/enslaves his clones and starts cloning people left and right because he wants to create a clone paradise/use cloning to make humanity perfect.

Clones a bunch of dead folks (Rose, Prowler, Lefty Donavan aka the first fake Hobgoblin, Jason Macendale as Jack O'Lantern, Vanessa Fisk, Mirage, Bart Hamilton Green Goblin etc) along with Gwen Stacy.

Brings Dr Octopus back too.

Kidnaps Spidey, offering to clone Uncle Ben back after unmasking.

Kaine meanwhile has Spider-Gwen kidnap the newly cloned Gwen Stacy and take her place to infiltrate Ben's plot. Kaine has been time traveling since Spiderverse and knows that the only thing that keeps Ben's clones from turning into death touch zombies ala Carrion, is a frequency device that keeps everyone clone DNA stable.

Otto doesn't like being bossed around by Ben or Ben offering his midget waifu a new adult sized clone body, since that means midge waifu can get a real man and not settle for Otto. So Otto disrupts the frequency for the evilulz and that leaves us where the story is currrently at

What's happening?
Slott is fucking cancer, he's a goddamned motherfucker who loves to use characters as cannon fodder, while he cuddles his OC pieces of shit.

Slott.

it's pretty straight forward
ben is bringing people back from the dead to get in a good position to rule the world through favors Kaine is trying to stop peter from joining him because despite there being alternate universe where anything can happen they all end with not zombies

Was the zombies really necessary? I mean, you already have the concept of long lost loved ones and eniemies coming back. And the return of Ben (who is twisted now). And Ock. Was Zombies really necessary? It feels like Slott wanted to make a deep thought-discussing story and then said fuck it, let's do zombies.

Thank you user-kun appreciate the explanation. So why in the latest issue did Ben want Peter to die? And so they're all in clone bodies but their consciousness have been preserved and transferred??

Peter told Ben the reason why he hadn't already brought Uncle Ben back despite bringing basically everyone else back was because he knew Uncle Ben would tell him he was wrong, so he got buttmad.

it really didn't need to be there maybe he wanted his little event to seem bigger

Do you want my theory? Apparently Slott has been planning this event for years, but they kept turning him down (he has admitted to this), but eventually they gave in and gave him the thumbs up. My theory is that Spider-Island was originally meant to take place directly after Dead No More, but since he couldn't do Dead No More, he just skipped to Spider-Island. Now that he's allowed to do Dead No More, he realized that the spider infection was a key player in the end, so he's just shoe-horning zombies as a place holder.

>They're not "clones" remember? They're people brought back from the dead haha.

I guess you could say they are Dead No More.

>Hey Nick, what if we did the Clone Saga except this time Ben was EEEEEVIL
>Brilliant Dan, have fun, I'm going to go huff jenkem or something

>is a Slott story, where the surprise?.
Uncle Ben is coming back permanently. That's the surprise. I would be more surprised if he brought back Richard and Mary but this is Slott we are talking about.

>Pete it's me, I'm back and doing this for you
>Yeah but how and where's Jackal
>But Pete it's me

>dead parents means peter can't be young
>dead uncle means peter can't be young.
>dead girlfriend means peter can't be young
>hot supermodel wife means pter can't be young.
>having money and not being a poor bum means peter can't be young.

>dear god slott is a bizzaro zoom obsessed with youth instead of heroism....

i forgot the word relateable like 7 times and ruined the joke.

I'm not opposed to Peter having money, however making him a multi trillionare is beyond retarded.

>Mirage

Every time, every time I see that fucker appear in the background of this event I am reminded of Boomerang's smug fucking face.

What an asshole.

That is fucking retarded.

Everyone complains about the "whole clone thing." So why not have a new one- one that fixes it? One that gathers all the stuff together and straps it to dynamite? CC is taking the clone idea and having some fun with it. Are you sure you can trust the guy in the mask? Are you sure there isn't more than one of a person? What if the bad guys took a good idea and worked with it, instead of being a bad guy? Hey, if the bad guys only want money, it's not the 1950s anymore. They don't need to rob banks, there's perfectly legitimate day jobs they can get. About the same amount of work put into it as if they were bad guys, but what if they got everything they ever wanted? Meanwhile Spidey is freaking out because everything he's ever known is being turned upside down. Remember when comic books were fun? This is fun in a comic book.

Supposedly. Remember it could just be someone making shit up. But on the other hand considering the quality of the book in the last three years I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true.

Go away, Slott

>A generally decent idea (something as big as cloning like that wouldn't just go away and could cause a major catastrophe) ruined by a terrible foundation, taking WAY too long to get there, and shit execution

That also accurately sums up the Clone Saga. It's sad how Slott is doing this because chances are he thought he can do better, when in reality his shit is a literal rehash.

Threadly reminder that "leak" can't happen for one simple reason:
Slott wouldn't be writing SpOck 2.0

What "leak"?

I'm really glad I picked up this reaction image.

Every clone dies
Ock transfers his conciousness to a blonde Reilly carrion-proofed proto-clone
Uncle ben is back
Can't happen because Slott wouldn't be writing Scarlet Spider

Slott's doing better by virtue of this not being a 2 year story

Some people actually like what you don't like. Don't worry, it'll all be over soon, and it looks like we'll have a full roster of SpiderMan bad guys when it's done. So just wait for it all to burn down into smoking wreckage and never done again. Win-win.

I really liked and enjoyed the 90's clone saga and thought they ended right. I know that will ensue butthurt right now but my butthurt lies with the Slott and how he's destroying Ben Reilly, one of my favorite Spidey characters.

what was the point of brandishing this with the awful title of clone conspiracy other than the fact to make you think it was the jackal behind it DEAD NO MORE would have been much more fitting it's literally just dead people coming back NO clones involved except the 2 that are unless they say they really were clones then that would ruin the story the only good thing to come out of this so far is kain and reily and the new electro everything else is dumb and contrived why the fuck did they bring rhino back and why the hell isnt JJ in jail yet he's committed conspiracy 3 times

>I know that will ensue butthurt right now

Maybe a decade or two ago, but seriously, I'd rather read the 90's Clone Saga over a lot of Slott's Spider-Man run.

Otto autistically kills himself and a thousand other people who were resurrected by evilBen because Ben made an off hand comment to Otto's waifu about how he could give her a full-sized body not knowing she didn't mind being a midget because he's never talked to her before about the subject

I think Slott wanted it called Clone Conspiracy because he feels like his book is Clone Saga done right. And wanted everyone to know he was doing Clone Saga (the most hated event) and making it into the best ever in Spider-Man history (in his mind).

Make me wonder when is he going to do Maximum Carnage.

what would Slott's Maximum Carnage be like?