Supes such a dick in this episode

supes such a dick in this episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM
dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Watchtower_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Luthor's plan in this was as stupid as BvS's.

>everybody, especially Superman, acted in these exact, specific, irrational ways
>all according to plan!

He didn't actually intend for that fight to happen, but it worked out perfectly in his favor.

>implying the plans were dumb

It was a good episode, it's a shame we didnt got more cap marvel

To be fair, so was Billy. It was basically a jousting match/sword fight.

he was a naive 10 year old

It wasn't Lex's plan. He just to fuck with Superman and make him look paranoid. He wasn't expecting Supes to go batshit and wreck the place while fighting Cap Marvel.

Lex's plan in BvS was fine.

Billy lost the fight, but his speech afterward permanently BTFO'd Superman.

*Rips light off a police car and throws it at Billy from a distance*

Who will never become a man.

Did the Justice League ever fight Zod and his crew, or has Superman only had them in his book?

Superman seemed more stressed out and angry than an outright dick.

Superman was a giant dick in this episode, but man that fight was so fucking hype... like 10 years ago now?

I can't forget that shit, I had the biggest autism grin the next day at school, couldn't stop thinking about it

He has the Wisdom of Solomon.
The age card doesn't work here.

It was better than fine. It was ingenious. Lex knew his opponents even better than they knew themselves. Almost.

Ingenious except for the part where he couldn't get the Kryptonite past customs and when he snuck it in it was simply stolen from him.

But I guess his ingenuity is apparent because he rolled with the punches and instead of killing Superman himself he just let Batman do it for him.

Wasn't the episode about how Superman was right but everyone else insisted that he was wrong?

NO

Not really. Justice League and STAS did a good job of humanizing Superman. He gets upset, and angry. He tries to not let it show, but he's not perfect. He knows Luthor better than anyone and expects there to be some kind of plan, and so he goes into things expecting there to be something shady. And while he was wrong in that instance, he was right overall. It helps to humanize one of the hardest to humanize fictional characters in history, helps to move the two main plots of the season along(Luthor/Brainiac ruling everything, the government's distrust of a superhero army.)

Luthor's plan was act shady and feign being charitable to win hearts and minds. Supes flipping out and beating down a 10 year old was just a happy coincidence.

>yfw after this fight, he interrupts Superman and proceeds to shut him and the JL the FUCK down

goddamn, Billy was too good for JLU.

youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM

forgot the link, fuck you supes

Not trying to derail the thread, but why is it okay when Supes destroys buildings and makes collateral damage fighting a being of equal or greater power in the comics/cartoons, but people complain when he does it in the movies?

Well then he also probably shouldn't be a superhero, but fuckin' wizards, what can ya do.

Because not only is he not a mopy asshole about it, it's a fucking cartoon. It's not trying to be realistic and it gets handwaved away like a motherfucker. This has been answered countless times, the DCEU is shit. Get over it already you retard.

what the fuck did you just say to the emperor?

The movies presented themself as more grounded when it comes to the consequences of the characters action, so that's the standard it's judged by.

I was really hoping Billy would show up in the last episode & help Supes with Darksied.

The exact opposite. This is from the arc where Lex gets released from Prison and is gearing up to become President. He invested a boat load of money into apartments for the poor that ran off of a sustainable power source.

His plan was to announce it with Superman there, and for Superman to find the device that look like a bomb and was shielded with lead, preventing Supes from seeing it past that. Superman would then freak out and assume its a bomb and look like a total fucking idiot when it was proven otherwise.

However, Billy/Marvel was there and stopped Superman from digging down to it. They then proceeded to fight and Superman went full Snyder and destroyed Luthor's buildings in the fight. Eventually Marvel uses his transformation lightning to hurt Supes, since its magic and all, and ends up accidentally reverting to Billy.

After disconnecting the device and calling in the Atom to have a look at it, Atom determines that Luthor wasn't lying and had actually built a device that uses Kryptonite to create electricity. This is, of course, all caught on camera, including Superman half ass apologizing.

Later Marvel kicks the shit out of Superman using words and promptly leaves the JLU. It was a great episode.

Comics and cartoons build up characters a hell of a lot better then a movie ever could. When you spend an hour building up a character who's suppose to be the greatest person ever who can do no wrong, only to spend another 30 mins in a slug fest knocking down buildings and generally being an asshole, it takes away from it. Comics and Cartoons at least have the time to show how destroying a city affects the hero to some degree and can present WHY they did it outside of "I had no choice".

The Wisdom of Solomon would technically make him extremely cynical if it worked like that. His childish purity and outlook on life is why the Wizard gave him the powers in the first place since Black Adam burned him too hard.

Why is captain marvel so underused?

You're not including that Lex built it to look like a bomb purposely to fuck with Superman.

The more stupid thing is that Batman can casually cover the costs of rebuilding the city. No like seriously

Zod wasn't in the cartoons

SHAZZAM

Lois

Batman has always been as rich as the plot needs him to be.
I mean when he funds the Watchtower which is a gigantic space station, partially rebuilding a city is spare change

So who pays for Watch tower normally/in most canons.

Him and Ollie?

NYAAARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Man if I got superpowers when I was ten years old I would have immediately used them to spy on the girls changing room

I know, I meant the comics.

In the cartoon Batman said his company paid for the original Watchtower, hidden under aerospace R&D. Not his own personal money.

wisdom doesn't equal maturity. dumb fuck.

Wouldn't that fall under embezzlement?

No if its a donation.

Pretty much.

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Watchtower_I
>Batman seized on this remark and contributed the Watchtower, which he called a "blind item in the Wayne Industries R&D budget." In other words, it was a secret from Wayne's stockholders.

Fuck this is worse shazam bait than calling him Captain Marvel.

Fucking amazing fight, though.

Yes it does, that's exactly what it means.

His plan in that episode was basically "never stop trolling Superman", nothing is as stupid as the plan in BvS.

Not even Silver Age ones like "Go back in time to Krypton and marry Superman's mother so he has to listen to what I say" at least that has consistent INTERNAL logic, even if it's fucking stupid.

I feel you didn't understood Lex's plan in the movie.

Explain it to me, please.

Superman was being a bit of a dick, but I don't think Billy has any right to say the league doesn't act like heroes anymore. They've been in the game for a long time, and shit was getting complicated.

>johns bullshit

He didnt had the power of the gods, so his personality wasnt affected by the transformation

Just let me finish a movie here right up, and i'll try. Just 10 min.

I'll check back.

I forgot the >inb4 shitty writing, oh well. Bt seriously that's the weakest argument ever, especially for DC, plus the athument if about the definition of wisdom and maturity. That's Shazam being immature as fuck. We all watch cartoons and read comics for fuck sakes, so by your definition because we're all a certain degree of immature none of us must possess much wisdom.

>Ingenious except for the part where he couldn't get the Kryptonite past customs and when he snuck it in it was simply stolen from him.

His plan WAS for Batman to steal it you idiot, thats why he let Bruce steal the shipment information and Meta info from his charity ball.

Goddamn, watch the movie.

what do you think his plan was in BvS?

It had Jax-Ur who was basically Zod but he's trapped in the Phantom Zone when JLU happens.

Supes being a dick thread?

Bcaue MoS critics were just being nitpicky and wanted Superman to be perfect even though it was his first day of legit superheroing and other incarnations have caused collateral damage.

>hurrr I'm dumb

Plus, Billy fucked up just as many buildings as Clark did. He even used a bus as a weapon.

>Justice League vs Teen Titans
>The two teams never really fought

He had every fucking right to say so. He is a child who became a superhero because not was it the right thing to do, but because he looked up to the league just like everyone else. They were his idols, his role models, and they ended up being a bunch of dicks who didn't believe that the status quo could possibly change. It just raises the questions like why guys like Batman keeps people like the Joker alive if he doesn't truly believe he can turn things around, or why they would need to sacrifice their morals to win when they are practically walking gods. They completely forgot why they became heroes in the first place, to give people like Billy hope and to give them something to look up to.

What would he have done if Batman killed Superman or if Doomsday had not died but Superman had?

Why did he use specially made bullets that allowed shit to be traced back to him when regular bullets have been killing people just fine for ages and would have made him completely untouchable legally?

Holy FUCK dude Barry's never gonna run the same after that shit.

>that part were billy picks up supes and keeps saying shazam shocking him with the lighting bolt

>Why did he use specially made bullets that allowed shit to be traced back to him when regular bullets have been killing people just fine for ages and would have made him completely untouchable legally?

If you listen to the movie, the reason he used them was because they had a low melting point and were all destroyed when "Superman" burned the bodies. The only reason they were able to trace any bullets is because Lois accidentally got one stuck in her journal which they didn't burn. Next question fuckwad?.

I'm just pissed that Billy's only appearance in the show was just a fight with Superman.
It's complete bullshit.

Seriously. I was waiting the whole season for some Captain Marvel and all that we got was this episode.

Even then Lois couldn't do shit about the bullets, because the US was in cohorts with Lexcorp in arming and training the rebels in that country's civil war.

Thats the point

Yeah, he was woefully unter utilized here. Thankfully Action seems to be giving him tons of love this time around.

I really loved this episode, favorite moment was when Batman calls Captain Marvel a boy scout near Superman

>Batman: You were a little hard on the Boy Scout, don't you think?

>Superman: I thought I was the Boy Scout?

>Batman: I did too, 'til I met Captain Marvel.

It showed how much Superman had changed over time in DCAU itself

Just because one has wisdom, doeesnt mean they always exercise it

Bruce Timm will never pass up a chance to piss on Supes

Not him but, Batman not recognizing that it was way too easy is what bothered me

Also I am gonna give BVS another chance when I get time to watch the extended cut

Thats kinda obvious

Luthors plan was really simple though. Steal some kryptonite so shoddily that Superman finds out. Make the energy converter look like a bomb. Superman losses his shit and destroys it taking away free energy from poor families making him look like a dick. The fight with Captain Marvel was just lucky for him

>none of us must possess much wisdom.

If anyone posting here had wisdom, they wouldnt be posting here

Its as if Billy was acting like a naive little boy or something

Superman's character arc over the course of Superman the Animated Series, Justice League, and then Justice League Unlimited was basically him becoming more and more jaded by his experiences. By the time the latter rolled around he had grown uncomfortably close in some respects to his Justice Lord equivalent.

>way too easy
>guards have rocket launchers AND machine gun cars

it really wasnt easy at all, and Batman has no reason to suspect Luthor of anything since he just worried about killing Superman.

It gave us this awesome scene so it's ok in my book. youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM

Billy's too good for everything. He's always been a better Superman than Superman that's why DC harassed Fawcett for years and eventually bought him just to never use him right

Sure he will because speedforce.

It's too bad Superman was right.

>It's EDGEMAN! And he's got a GUN
All he needs in that pic is some pouches, spikes and a wayback machine to take him to the 90s.

>All that cockblocking Johns has been doing regarding a Captain Marvel ongoing
He's the worst.

Supes was in the right, Billy was too naive.