Purple Eyed Targaryens

Why the fuck don't they have their trademark violet eyes in Game of Thrones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVEgI7hU494
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

$$$ and plebs.

A more important question is what grown man would care about something like this?

Because they aren't pertaining to the source material. The purple eyes, fire resistance, platinum hair and dragon taming abilities separate them genetically from other human beings.

>they all have purple eyes
>purple eyes
>purple eyes
>under the sea
>the sea
>the sea
>purp-
>lies

How much money could it possibly cost? Making the Targaryens' eyes purple would be nothing more than a tiny bump in the massive budget.

A penny is too much when plebs will eat shit up eagerly.

The cunt didn't want to wear them. Just like she didn't dye her hair and used a fucking wig instead.

Even syfy can afford contacts.

Is this schizophrenia?

what i don't understand is how is it physically possible for a dragon to mate with human being

targs are dragon/human right is why resistant to fire and friend to dragons but is it even physically possible for a creature of that size to have a penis that can insert into human female vagina

the only way i can possibly rational this is that they use juvenile dragon to impregnate woman somewhere in history, but it just seems unlikely that based on how they are now, the dragons would ever agree to do it

it just doesn't make sense it's bad story writing

umm?
was donkey a targ?

When jon snow clutches dawn and its blade glows as bright as the sun the prince who was promised eyes will shine purple ;)

Quality post

oh shit i forgot all about defiant, im guessing it got cancelled.

shrek dragon is different because shows love and physical attraction to jackass

dragons in this story are not the same there is no reason game of thrones dragon would allow man to impregnate, again it make no sense

Read a book nigger

>dragons in this story are not
dragons

they are wyverns

Drogon has shown love to dany many times. Listen to him when he interacts with her.
He even has a soft spot for jon.

Anyways the dragon lays the egg and the targaryen jizzes all over them that's how dragons are made. When daenerys was not looking viserys was busting a nut over her eggs and fertilized them.

>fire resistance
Targaryens aren't fire resistant in the source material, several Targaryens were burned alive at Summerhall. Only Dany is fireproof in the books. Viserys dies from the heat of molten gold and Jon gets a bad burn on his hand that bothers him for months.

Targaryens and dragons never mated. The Targaryens just tamed dragons then pretended like they had magic blood that let them tame a dragon. Anyone can do it. A random Rhoynar girl took control of a dragon by feeding it sheep.

yes but is circular logic, dragon show love to them because they have blood of dragon, but make no sense how they have blood of dragon because dragon can not have intercourse with human

then how do she have fire resitance? how do dragon automatically obey her

targs have the mutant x gene?

Literally magic. Dany being unburnt is something that has never happened with a Targaryen. Three dragons being born at once hasn't happened in more than 150 years in the show/book universe. It shows that magic is returning to the world, the same was the way that Red Priests are now able to resurrect people, the Stark children all get direwolves who they can warg into, and the Others/White Walkers marching south.

>how do dragon automatically obey her
She hatched them, she's their "mother". Also in the source material a dragon can only be bonded with one person, Dany has to chain up her other two dragons because they stopped listening to her. The show decided to just make all three obey her telepathically.

Targs don't have any special genes. How much Targaryen blood do you think Dany actually has, with 300+ years of Targaryens marrying Andals?

Jon is not revealed as a Targaryen in the books.

>fire resistance

They don't have fire resistance. One Targeryan was mad enough to think they could survive drinking wild fire. Didn't end too well for him.

Dany's general fire resistance is a show only thing. Even dragons themselves can get harmed by at least dragon fire.

>Dany has to chain up her other two dragons because they stopped listening to her
There has never been any indication Rhaegal and Viserion have ever listened to her. My impression was drogon followed/obeyed dany and the other dragons followed/obeyed drogon.. I also go the impression she locked them up because all 3 were causing issues because of adolescence, drogon just fucked off before she could lock him up too.

The actual reason is because Emilia Clarke objected to wearing contacts and dabid^2 obliged her. most people don't care anyway and it lets them easier obscure jon's heritage

not yet. he will be Rhaegar and Lyanna's child in the books too.

I think the biggest divergence from the books will be 2 Targs v 3 targs. I think in the books the NK will bring the wall down with the horn and not a dragon. If the NK gets a dragon it will be after he marches into the seven kingdoms.
Dany. young griff and jon will ride the dragons and fight together against the NK but not all will make it to the end.

Colored eyes=racist.

>Only Dany is fireproof in the books.
Dany isn't fireproof. GRRM confirmed it's a one time thing due to the magic.

In fact later on she gets burned by Drogon.

>Only Dany is fireproof in the books
>*GRRM REEING INTENSIFIES*

she didn't like the contacts so they scrapped it

to be fair, the hot bath scene, birthing dragons in fire, having baby dragons breath fire past her in the house of undead and killing all the khals with fire were all positive additions imo

Contacts can damage the eyes, so considering the detail isn't that important, it's not a sin to scrap the violet eyes

jon's eyes aren't violet in the books though. so his heritage would be even more obscured if targs were generally shown with violet eyes.

>Targs don't have any special genes. How much Targaryen blood do you think Dany actually has, with 300+ years of Targaryens marrying Andals?
they do actually psychic dreams, slightly increased heat tolerance, purple eyes, silver hair, more resistant to disease etc. They are also famously inbred so why wouldn't their genome be intact?

But Egg in the books, is hinted to be immune to fire or hot temperatures. The Summerhall tragedy is still a complete mystery, magic was involved so there might've been something wrong that changed their natural resistance to flame.

Vys died of molten gold but the gold itself could've killed him and not the heat, some of the gold went it to his mouth and nose, which could've suffocated him...maybe.

violet eyes aren't exclusive to the Targs, the Daynes have them as well and they aren't from valyria

>killing all the khals with fire
that was one of the dumbest scenes in the show
i never said they were

there isn't even a NK in the books, he's just a random legend that's completely unrelated to anything going on in the show.

There's actually a theory out there that says the magic lady Dany burnt in book 1 tried to do a charm on herself but fucked it up and accidentally gave Dany temporary fire resistance (I think Preston came up with it? Or I read it on the forums)

geez man come on the implications are obvious: ancient valyrians blood magicked themselves some enhancements psychic/disease/heat resistance(obviously no one was ever fireproof because that's fucking retarded) and targaryens being the retarded stepchild of valyria inherited some of their traits

ah ok. i tried reading the books around season 4 of the tv show but kept only turning to chapters characters i liked.

>that was one of the dumbest scenes in the show
i did not think it was that dumb. what did you find dumb about it?
put yourself into the shoes of a primitive backwards thinking dothraki when you watch it.

what the fuck? why didnt one of the khals just run over and snap her neck? how did the fire even spread that quickly? a million things could've gone wrong with the plan, and probably should've but dany has plot armor so they didnt.

If they had blue eyes it would be raciss

She did wear them and they irritated her eyes.

well good thing they didnt make her wear them then, it might've affected her acting

>a million things could've gone wrong with the plan, and probably should've but dany has plot armor so they didnt.
agreed with that some what but fortune favors the brave.
> why didnt one of the khals just run over and snap her neck?
fire was too hot, thought she was witch and was scared?
>how did the fire even spread that quickly?
was it not an oil fire of some sort? An oil fire spreading that quick would depend on the temp of the fire i guess. An extremely hot fire will spread quickly and the heat radiating from it would be enough to repel even the strongest person.
Even concrete will ignite if hot enough.

>agreed with that some what but fortune favors the brave.
but it was nonsensical.
>fire was too hot, thought she was witch and was scared?
Why would they think she's a witch because she tipped over a braizer? Also the khals are supposed to be the baddest of the dothraki, and they all hate magic and witches. They've never really shown to be afraid of them, just loathe them. They had no problem raping Maegi and her friends and they knew she was a witch.

>was it not an oil fire of some sort? An oil fire spreading that quick would depend on the temp of the fire i guess. An extremely hot fire will spread quickly and the heat radiating from it would be enough to repel even the strongest person.
The fire traveled up the stairs in like two seconds. All the while the dothraki khals just did nothing while Dany slowly began tipping the other braizers over.

Agreed. Its was feasible. And its a fantasy show. Crazy shit happens.

that kind of logic is why the writing has gone to shit these past few seasons.

fantastical elements don't negate basic consistency in the world.

>but it was nonsensical.
bit like the whole show?
how can one scene be so nonsensical in a nonsensical tv show about nonsensical things?
its fantasy, sometimes you just have to ignore the totally nonsensical bits to enjoy the rest of the nonsense.

>bit like the whole show?
The entire show isn't nonseiscal though.

>its fantasy, sometimes you just have to ignore the totally nonsensical bits to enjoy the rest of the nonsense.

Fantastical elements like dragons or magic don't undermine basic consistency. I'm not complaining that Dany is fireproof, because that's established in the universe. I am complaining that none of the characters act in character and otherwise mundane parts of the world act without logic.

It's how suspension of disbelief works. It's why people accept Superman can fly around and shoot lasers from his eyes but raise an eyebrow at people not being able to see through a combover and glasses as his disguise.

It was hot as fuck though. I just wished she would have done full frontal there.

This. There is no excuse for not implementing the purple eyes due to the easy and inexpensive access of cgi.

Kek this is gold.

>that kind of logic is why the writing has gone to shit these past few seasons.

Still better than half the stuff on TV.

>fantastical elements don't negate basic consistency in the world

Sure they do. Joss Whedon has made a career out of that.

>Still better than half the stuff on TV.

yeah purely because of its production value 2bh but its a lot of missed potential now.

her only appeal is her muh face acting, contacts are really fucking terrible even if it's a high budget show

i do agree with you. i really do think they had much better intentions for this show but real life got in the way of ambition.
Also no coincidence the best season is the one most heavily influenced by the stories creator.
Much of the decline can be contributed to the show surpassing where the books are up to and the realization they would need 20 seasons in the format they were using to do the books justice like in season 1.
Maybe if they filmed 3 times as much content each year and used George to write the majority of the script after the show passed the books.
clearly i have no idea lol but i will try to enjoy the final season even if it ends in a way i don't like.

>having baby dragons breath fire past her in the house of undead
It was one of the worst changes made into Dany's storyline.

clearly you have no consideration for the colorblind viewers.

Because it’s difficult to act while wearing contacts, and as it is Emilia needs all the help she can get.

I wanted to hatefuck her for the entirety of season 2 of Dexter. Still kinda do.

I believe they tried them, but Emilia struggled to properly emote with them, so they got rid of them. Not that it matters since she does a poor job of showing emotion without raising those fucking caterpillars on her face anyways.

WAIT IS IT A QUALITY /got/ THREAD OR NOT?

Just like Daniel Radcliffe in Harry Potter, it bothered the eyes of the actor who was supposed to wear them.

this she was kind of incapable of wearing the contacts. I can't put contacts in, I can't touch things to my eyeballs without flipping out.

What happened to /got/ generals?

>
“I looked for you in the /cel/ discussion thread,” Stannismod said to them.

“We were not there,” Ser Firefu answered.

“Woe to Moot if we had been,” said Ser Buttslut.

“When the General was deleted, the mods slew your waifus with a golden banhammer, and I wondered where you were.”

“Far away,” Ser Firefu said, “or we'd still be posting, and our false brother would burn in seven 404's.”

“I came down on /got/ to lift the siege,” Stannismod told them, “and the Lords CLEGANEBOWL and Eurio dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”

“Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Frogfu.

“Ser Rickonbro is fled to /y/, with that boy he swears he didn't molest. I thought you might have sailed with him.”

“Ser Rickonbro is a shitposter and true,” said Ser Buttslut.

“But not of the Waifuguard,” Ser Firefu pointed out. “The Waifuguard does not flee.”

“Then or now,” said Ser Frogfu. He donned his helm.

“We swore a vow,” explained old Ser Firefu.

Stannismod's janitors moved up beside him, with shadow banhammers in hand. They were seven against three.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Frogfu, the Sword of Firsts. He unsheathed Ellie_shopping.gif and held it with both hands. Her skin was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,” Stannismod said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends.”

Mods happened. They clamped down on /got/ generals ever since season 7 ended.

Meanwhile, Doctor /who/ generals are still thriving even though the next season is like a fucking year away.

Shit fucking pisses me off. Mods are trying to cuck us.

Her eyes were noticeably purple in the latest season.

He's also called the Great Other in the books.

youtube.com/watch?v=aVEgI7hU494
Here's a vid i found of someone doing this.

Nah we have a psy op with purple.

I have no clue yet what they want.

/who/ still discusses the show. /got/ basically turned into r/ASOIAF with Bobby posting.

what's wrong with bobby?

Nothing. It was the other thing that seemed to be the issue.

Coloured contact lenses look like shit, better leave the natural blue ones.

You will only get a quality purple-eyed Targs and a million of other nuances in an anime adaptation, if there ever would be such a thing. I hope there would.

>A random Rhoynar girl took control of a dragon by feeding it sheep.
She was a "dragon seed," very distantly related but still had Targaryen blood. 1 drop rule nigga