What went so wrong?

What went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vPguoeYTvMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Video game movie
There you go

The orcs and the humans did not belong together. seeing them in the same shot put me outside of the movie.
I understand they wanted the orcs being faithful to the game, but the proportions were too cartoony, I just could not feel it.
Not advocating lotr-like orcs of course, but not THAT big.
Nonetheless, arguably the orc-only part were better because the human actors were cosplayer-tier. Goofy

Warcraft, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Warhammer are all for faggots, when you meet a person who likes any of these things you don't even have to ask you can tell just by looking at them that they're into this faggot shit

nothing, according to China

They adapted Warcraft 1 instead of Warcraft 3.

horribly miscast movie.

Have you ever seen the orcs in Warcraft? Their proportions are big and cartoony.

Just like everything else Blizzard's done since 2006 they rushed to mine an old property for money only after their enormous board of directors deliberated whether it would be profitable or not for years and missed the chance.

This and this plus this

Yes, in the videogame are perfect, and they kept them to appeal the fans.
But along with normal human actors, it's "off". they don't belong to the same shot, at least for me. I cannot see the fights and find them believable.
Think about the HUMAN proportions in the game. Are they realistic? Don't think so.

Humans in Warcraft are big and cartoony too. But they used real humans instead.

Wasn't faithful to the plot of the game it's based on
No demons and elementals

Too much humans

8 years too late for any market but China.

Wtf. The movie was amazing. All you cucks need to shift the fuck up and go enjoy your black panther

Warcraft was never that good plot-wise except for fanboys, and WoW was always about playing with people. Which you can't do in a movie
Years late, this would have been HUGE if made in 2007
Not the best cast, not the best CGI. I did like the orcs tho I have a fetish for them, that might explain it.
Overall, it was just what I expected, a 6/10 flick with some moments and not much else that catered to a fetish the games themselves created.

Honesty should of just used Warcraft 3 story. Arthas would of been a better villain plus we get more of the modern characters and illadin who was huge for Legion. Then when it was successful they could of easily did a prequel to flesh it out more or go with illadin and the black temple

>a 6/10 flick with some moments and not much else that catered to a fetish the games themselves created.
How'd someone who played WoW until Cata but hates capeshit like it?

it was recycled nothing new to see you all complain about goods and bad kino and trahs but noone mentions noew or recycled look at movies with succes and somthing new to see is always

Weak casting ruined it.

Pffft, I don't know, give it a try if you want. I have this friend who is a huge WoW fan, plays every expansion, kinda likes capeshit and he told me it was "The best movie ever". Left me dumbfounded
I think you have a better taste than that so you probably won't like it much. Like me, not counting my orc fetish

Like Chuck Norris, Shatner, Vin Diesel etc? They all play WoW.

Total disregard for Warcraft lore. Granted, not even Blizzard care nowadays so maybe this is a pointless complaint.

I would have been a lot happier if it ended with the Sacking of Stormwind. I remember someone "leaked" the movie on here, pliotwise at least and it was much better then what we actually got. I believed it too which made the movie more disappointing. It was still sorta fun though.

Remember that cool scene that was like a real-time-strategy bit, where it zoomed back and forth between Orc bases and you could tell that they were doing a three GH fast expand and you could see the troops moving around from above?

That was cool.

Fpbp

The director was a manchild WoW player who thought Horde were good guys too. Chris Metzen knew exactly how to make the movie but the director dismissed him because he thought it would anger the other manchildren if they caught wind that Metzen had any control.

if they stuck with the lore it woulda been fantastic

Should've been all-CGI in Blizzard's trademark style, and a bit less busy, there was no time to breathe.

Also, I can't quite put my finger on it since I'm a pleb, but something about the direction and editing felt awfully amateur, I've sat through some horrible films, but I never wanted them to end already before being even halfway in, and the horribleness usually comes from the content, not the way the film was put together.

They should have hired Uwe Boll to direct.

Casting. Pacing. Story. Script. Acting.
Only the Orc scenes were watchable.

>make a warcraft movie
>don't make it about either of the only good parts of warcraft lore, Illidan's story (pre resurrection retcon bullshit) and Arthas's story
they fucked up big

It appealed to no one. It had too much lore and plot for the average person to care about but all the lore and plot they had was completely fucked from the source material so the fans didn't like it.

There was no gay orc sex

its illidan dumbass

10 years too late

horde being good guys is literally canon though brainlet, it's always been
>big scary ugly guys are actual just muh oppressed noble savages being kept down by duh white man but they will win through the power of friendship

All CGI would have failed as miserably as Warhammer 40k tried to do with their short movie

It didn't go VERY wrong, but it wasn't very good.

If anything Duncan Jones was too focused on delivering a purely Warcraft movie. The issue was that it didn't slowly integrate the audience into the world. It feels like the movie starts halfway through another movie. As someone who's pretty familar with Warcraft lore, it's alot to take in all at once.

This.
Orcs are for faggots, Elves are literally /our/ guys

Depends on who they marketed it to, going as serious grimdark realistic gritty, when their entire game lineup has long abandoned the aesthetic, was a mistake in my opinion.

youtu.be/vPguoeYTvMI

Too much plot and backstory and sequal setup crammed in a 2 hour movie.

I liked it until I saw the honest trailer for it. I kinda pointed out the things that I didn't like about it, but wasn't yet aware of

The dimensions of the pauldrons were unsatisfactory.

>I liked it until someone told me not to like it
You make me fucking sick you braindead faggot, kys sheep

Plastic and aluminium cosplay armour and weapons on the humans killed it for me

I loved the movie. It was a movie for the fans but not a fan service. Fuck off you cucks. I wish we can see the W3 storyline in cinema too one day.

If you didnt like this movie you are either a dumb roastie or a shitty normie.

/thread