Did the creator being let go affect the quality of the show?

Not really.
I mean, the show has some great episodes pre and post Skyler, but it also has a lot of meh in between. Nothing really changed

What quality?

Not really. It was outright stated that Skyler Page didn't write a single episode of the show.

pic related is a shot that Patrick Harpin boarded for "Money Broom Wizard", an episode that Page held full storyboarding credits for.

The only real influence Skyler Page apparently had was creating & pitching the basic premise of the show, writing/boarding the original pilot, and voicing various characters

Am I mistaken or is this a Clarence thread?

No, because it was shit from the beginning.

The best episodes came later of this

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LEAVE

I feel it changed tone. That's not necessarily bad, but the staff seemed to take it somewhere else.

Before the leave, the show focused quite a bit more one the concept of "childhood" and staying true to that concept. That's what the earlier episodes were. When he left, the staff changed it to more of a whacky kids show, with hints of realism and relatablity.

I-I thought you guys liked Clarence...

Fuck off, you're never funny or clever.

This. I keep seeing people shit on it with no other reason besides the style. I'm confused.

>falling for the Clarence is good meme
Like Loud House, people only watch it for waifus.

I'm not confused because people say it's good. I am confused because people say otherwise, it's a pretty solid show. Maybe it's just Sup Forums's bitterness towards most things to begin with.
>claiming something is good is a meme
>anything I disagree with is a meme
>waifufagging
Wew.

Waifus? In Clarence? Who, the girl who is constantly running her fingers through her hair and Clarence's mother? I watch it because it's funny and charming.

Whatever, Pony-tard / Petshop-tard - compared to this particular show, those shows really are toy - shilling garbage.
Go back to fapping to that colorful garbage, please.

Nah. I still watch it - and enjoy most of it... And not just because its female characters; because unlike Social Justice Universe, it actually knows what it wants to be (same with We Bare Bears on this same channel) - a simple, but effective slice-of-life comedy revolving around schoolkids that actually feels like a cartoon, but knows how to have realistic moments worth a damn, as well.

same user here: Eh, I can see why, however - even with all those girls/women people fap to in it, The Loud House is bordering on being extremely overrated and mediocre / garbage, save for a few good episodes... And even that's suspect.

Harvey Beaks is much better at whatever Loud House is doing - Clarence is much funnier that whatever Loud House is doing, as well.

Then again, unlike Clarence or Harvey Beaks, far too many characters in The Loud House feel like stereotypes, anyway.

Only decent one there is the bottom left. The rest are hideous.

>this thread

So Sumo's been shipped off to a different school...

He's a tripfag

He doesn't need to, just to shitpost and get (you)s

>it actually knows what it wants to be

No it doesn't.

It never manages to be funny because it's depictions of childhood aren't nearly as exagerated as they could be like in, say, EEnE, and it never manages to be relatable because it's not as grounded in reality as something like Hey Arnold.

It stays in an unconfortable middle between goofy and realistic which doesn't produce anything noteworthy. So yeah, this show is a blob of nothing.

Yes. Then again, that show was never good to begin with - I don't know how the fuck that show ever got as popular / noteworthy as it is, today, but it all feels like lies and BS.

The writing's a little different; the episodes lean more on abrupt or surreal endings now than they did in the first two years it was on the air. And while advertising isn't directly related to the show, they've obviously cut back on the "auteur" angle they were using early on, since Page was the face of that; consequently, the network's tried to make the advertising more offbeat, which currently amounts to adding goofier music in their promos.

*shrug*
Yeah - I guess I just can't argue with that - only because that's your opinion.

Just like mine is that EEnE bores and pisses me off after awhile and Hey Arnold is rather boring and forgettable after awhile, as well.

And while it's not like I hate those shows (Well, I don't like EEnE all that much, save for the ending...), I admit I've just seen better stuff - and this counts as an example of what I'm getting at for me.

Not really actually, it's still great. I never know when new episodes are on though. Is this one of the shows getting cancelled? God I hope not. That episode with the fishing trip was fuckin gold

>implying Ms. Julip isn't cute
delet this

I like it. is really good.

It was revolutionary because SpĆ¼mco helped animation evolve from recycling stock walk cycles, forcing drawings to stay on-model all the time, and encouraging artists to uncover new and dynamic expressions for characters. Ren & Stimpy helped animation get away from the stagnation that was being caused by animation studios that were stifling the animators' creative genius by removing them from the production.

>>Clarence
>>WAIFUS

Clarence's mom is hot tho, but is true i also like it because is fun

i feel sick

back to Sup Forums with you, weeboo

I swear to god. Weren't these guys a thing for a bit?

It's always been pure shit and continues to be pure shit.

I really like that they're exploring that type of story and allowing it to span over more than just one episode. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

Cooter and Seabass? They showed up in "Capture the Flag", didn't they?

*shrug* Oh, calm down - people hate / diss on I like all the time. This isn't any different.

All true. All so true - I'm still not a fan of this show, but animation in general has a lot to owe to Ren & Stimpy for what you've pointed out. I won't argue against that for a second.

I just wish that other people understood that there was more to Ren & Stimpy than that of its gross - out humor, more than anything. Since R&S was full of it, many other people out there thought THAT was the show's strong point, resulting in a bunch of crappy shows that are forgotten and will be forgotten if they haven't already for thinking this is all R&S was about. R&S was a deeper show than that - even if I'm still not a fan of it at all like you seem to be...

E.G.: The only thing people seem to watch any cartoon Sup Forums faps to around here for. Sad, but oh so damn true.

Mary Wendle is a juicy Slice of Heaven.

>no ones posted Amy yet

Awful thread.

>pedo shit
please end your life

I didn't know it was possible for one man to be so wrong

>Nature Kate
Shit taste, brah.

It's not just Clarence, either. Like this show, people do like Loud House for what it is - not for the R34 foddering, which is a shit reason to ever like a show to begin with.

If these shows had nothing going for them (IMHO), I wouldn't even seek out R34 of them, that's for sure. That'd be retarded.

Did it seem that Jeff became somewhat different before and after Page left?

>he thinks anyone will ever do as he says

This.

It definitely felt less personal.

Goddammit, Rothbell! Just pick a type of spelling already and stick with it!

My favorite character is Mr. Reese. He makes me laugh. I like the episode with the farting cactus.

It's more or so a relateable. There's many small things I enjoyed. Tuckered boys was a real nice episode too that was absurd.

OP...We can't talk about Skyler and you know that, the Sugars are always watching us

What the fuck? Why are there like 4 tripfags in this thread? End your lives.

Nah - Jeff was always my least favorite character, next to Belson, who we're supposed to hate, obviously (for being a spoiled brat) - unlike Jeff, who is a faget of the worst kind.

>implying they won't just have Sumo suddenly back at the regular school next episode

Mary is cute

Gotdammit Jeff and Sumo (Breehn) are cute.

Dullance isn't on kisscartoons. anywhere else i can get it?

Torrent, dipshit.

ha. you fell for my trap, kiddo. piracy is a crime and the police are on their way.

Fuck you bonehead I bought the DVD