Why has everyone in this show turned into a psychopath?

Why has everyone in this show turned into a psychopath?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bkXuuE9kCL4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quagmire's_Mom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

becasue its funny

The episode where the family fought started it all. Outlandish cartoon violence is good for a cheap joke.

But the joke in that was that they were just a family that got into a fight that escalated into suplexes down the stairs and fist fights between a baby and dog.

This is just a domestic abuse role reversal with Meg and Chris watching and pulling their hair out. There's way less "joke" here.

You posted while seeing the episode now, aren't you?

The joke is Lois finally getting sick of all Peter's shit

Because Seth's a hack who ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Turned into?

>Still believing Seth writes for the show.

Family Guy is like this frog. It started out shitty, then just kept shitting on itself until you couldn't recognise it anymore.

This isn't new.

Does he even write anything for it anymore?

I thought he just did the voices now and hired a decent crew for American Dad, a fox won't cancel us again crew for Family guy, and eh why not crew for Cleveland show

I honestly doubt it.
Seems like he just had a stamp on it and they do all the rest.
Seth's actually been really decent about other stuff like his work with American Dad or Anubis.

Even if he didn't write Family guy recently, he still wrote for those awful TED movies and that western shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=bkXuuE9kCL4

This, after years of Peter doing stupid destructive stuff she just lost it on him.

Well it's his name on it either way, so I'm blaming him.

It's like power creep, but with /comedically/ exaggerated violence.
Except it's crept too far and is no longer as funny. I only say /as/ funny because some teens get a kick out of it, so it's not 100% unfunny.
Close though.

I'd be fine with this if they didn't try to make me sympathize with the characters. I just can't take their attempts at heartfelt moments seriously when they involve shit like a sexual predator getting convicted for sleeping with an underaged girl and is about to face prison time for it.

This. I don't know why they even attempt having stories or, god help us, a moral at the end of the episode. I would have some respect for the show if it committed to being utterly tasteless and substance free, but it can't even do that right.

Stories are fine just don't try to have it end with a moment where I feel sorry for the guy who abuses his daughter everyday. It's really weird how they'll depict the characters just being some of the worst people imaginable and then suddenly trying to make me give a shit about them.

Was that a recent season episode? I haven't watched the show in a long time and I guess I made the right decision.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quagmire's_Mom

DUDE
FAMILY HURTING EACH OTHER
BUT
SERIOUSLY
IS SO SHOCKING LMAO
THIS IS GUNNA GET DEM RATINGS CUZ WE SO GENIUS

Seth MacFarlane and whoever else screenwrites for Family Guy ran out of ideas and didn't give a shit so all the """"""""humor""""""""" on the show boiled down to characters yelling, characters being violent, or lame pop culture references. It's been like a decade of them just phoning it in now.

Well, the fart, poop, jizz and menses jokes just ain't cuttin' it no mo', so....