Pizza!

Pizza!

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/10/24/tampa-fears-a-serial-killer-is-on-the-loose/
youtu.be/jmnuC7tn9D4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no Ed Salad Sammy bf

He's not the tuna we want, he's the egg salad sammy we need.

Ed is a cute! CUTE

>tff no Ed bff to eat pizza, share feels and complain about roasties with

You'll never feel those giant sausage-fingers gripping your trachea...

I love this mother fucker. The lead is shit compared to our boy Ed.

Tfw Mindhunter inspires several anons to become serial killers, thereby making both the series and it's threads maximum comfy and engrossing. Kill your mom user.

ITT: Times you acted like Big Boy Eddy
>Mom drives me to school
>I tell her to drop me off a block away so nobody sees, but the bitch won't listen
>"It's raining, user, I'll just take you right up to the school"
>she's always fucking with me like that
>pull up in front of the entrance
>the car is easily visible to other students, GIRLS
>I try to escape the car
>The bitch KISSES ME ON THE CHEEK and says "I love you, user" where people can see!
>on the inside, I'm boiling with rage
>If a mother humiliates her little boy, he will become angry, hostile, and violent. PERIOD.
>On that day, I start to make my plan.

Good topic for discussion: what makes Ed "our" boy? Yes, it IS in your file, but, from your perspective...

You sound young, don't you think that a piece of drama illuminating the fact that shitty early-life experiences, left unexamined, could lead to the worst outcomes is a good thing? Angry young lads can take something from that

You guys!

Idk why his performance really grabbed me. I think the idea of someone as intelligent and likable as him can be a monster, really speaks to non normies all over the world.

One of the main themes of the show is that the world is monstrous, and he's a product of that. His solution to dealing with his kind, "tortured until death", shows a brutal-yet-logical mindset.

Another point that the show deals with is sociopaths' tendency to see other people as being without feeling, without internal thoughts; incapable of seeing the "true" world as they see it. It's the concept of "normie" taken to the extreme.

This is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It’s me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you’d see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say “Yup, that’s me”. I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I’m assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I’ve found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It’s really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it’s almost like we’re identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

MOM'S GONNA FREAK!!!

I admire your initiative in the art of memery, user! Do carry on!

Top lad

>If a mother humiliates her little boy, he will become angry, hostile, and violent. PERIOD.
>PERIOD

This kind of absolutism the show pushes really activates my almonds, though. At no point do they account for some people just being evil.

"I don't think so, a black or latino would have more respect for an elderly woman" nearly made me drop it, but if I dropped every show with blue-pills I'd have nothing to watch but Decker.

>"I suppose you're going to want to sit up all night and talk now."
post yfw

You know, memes aside, not all minority youth grow up to become gang members, and you ony see white teens taking selfies next to their dead or dying grandparents.

Ed was a good boy! Those pet cats were dickheads anyways. He dindu nuffin!

That's fair, user, in fact minorities are generally far more traditional and far less progressive in aspects that whites are not permitted to be. For instance, it's common knowledge that they're not held to the same standards for "acceptance" of people who are homosexual.

My problem with the show is that they sprinkle in a few statements that break immersion, are totally unrealistic, especially for a pair of 1977 FBI agents who are supposed to be experts on crime. It's minimal, relatively speaking, but it's irritating.

Not even mad that they're blue-pilling, more annoyed that patronising the audience in this way has become the norm.

too bad being a serial killer is hard as shit right now

Helps to be a Clinton

>"I don't think so, a black or latino would have more respect for an elderly woman"
They do though, since a lot of them a raised by single moms they're conditioned to have respect for old women

That cute little walk to the interview room.
: 3

It is with that attitude

rich sociopaths have been able to get away with killing since the dawn of civilization but your standard blue collar serial killer only rose to prominence in the 60's

Ed, the foot fetisihest, and the limb trimmer guy were all really good actors and characters. the main cast kind of sucks. Tench isn't so bad but his family drags him way down.

The should just turn the show into the serial killer bro adventure hour.

>Big family dinner
>Sister had just gotten job
>3 years younger than me
>Grandmother praising sister endlessly
>"Yeah, my five year plan is blah blah"
>"You sure seem to have a good head on your shoulders"
>grandma remembers I'm there
>"Oh, user, and you are....uhh...very polite."
>Seconds of long silence

You could have said nothing. I didn't need the compliment. That went from something I'd forget about in an hour to something I obsess about at night.

>compliment

That was no compliment, it was pouring salt in the wound. Your grannie a bitch.

You stole this from that Spongebob episode

Being raised by single-mom is more true for blacks than latinos, sure. I think the show addresses a lot of negative aspects of being raised by an emotionally-immature mother...

Again, it's not how true-or-untrue the statement is, it's that it's shoe-horned into the script in a very intellectually-dishonest way.

Same goes for "I'm not intimidated by women who are smarter than meLOL OMG MOST MEN LOL"

The show deals with heavy subject-matter, yet someone they feel the need to drop in lines that keep the prized, progressive female-audience appeased. I'm taking offence on behalf of the female/black/latino/etc. viewers who are perfectly comfortable with the reality we live in... I guess that's my issue

What makes you think you're supposed to agree with everything the character's saying, especially a character like Ed? A line of dialogue isn't necessarily "pushing" an opinion on you. This is such an autistic way to watch a show

>mommy give milkies
>'no'
>FUCK YOU AND YOUR SKULL

The Spongebob episode where he kills his mom and fucks her severed head?

Pizza?

>you will never hang out with ed
>you will never have ed give you a severed head to use as a fleshlight
>you will never have a pizza dashed with a bit of grated nipples with ed

seriously, this hurts

Those early seasons were the best desu

Cute.

I'm not extrapolating the "message" of the show from Ed's dialogue, he's an unreliable source who could be playing the Feds. Their perspective, the narrative "true" perspective, is one that favours nurture over nature.

I'm wishing that there could be a more nuanced portrayal of the nature vs. nurture dichotomy, but the breakthrough research into the latter which the shows portrays is their axe to grind. It's true, but not the whole truth; my jimmies get rustled when people never account for evil.

This is my problem with the show too. It leaves out arguments that should be there. Gives normies the wrong impressions.

Still a good show.

New pasta?

>actually paying heed to past-it bitter old fucks who haven't bothered to get to know you well enough to say something genuinely true and positive about you

She was just fucking with you, shame is a great tool to get anons out of the basement but it's fallen by the wayside in recent years.

The only problem here is that you let it "get" to you for a night, but did you act on it to improve your situation? Poast moar or we'll be having this conversation over pizza and egg-salad sammies...

"more respect", implying whites have less respect. yes, minorities often have single mothers. just because a married woman doesnt have to play the role of the father, doesnt mean that a married woman cant command the same respect. It's so backwards thinking, on so many levels.

>whites are less respectful because they come from an intact household
>women have to have a masculine role to be respected

at best it was a lazy attempt at trying to profile a white, at worst it was pandering to lefties. the fact they say this in the 1970s was so mind boggling it took me straight out of the show.

Yeah. I'm not taking this show just on it's own, it doesn't exist in a vacuum; this post-modernist idea that everyone is simply a product of their environment, their circumstances, absolves the individual of their guilt and places it on the shoulders of "muh society". The implication is that the full burden of punishment should not be dealt out to the perpetrator. This only paves the way for more "born this way" atrocities

No, she's a nice person. She just tried to give me an acknowledgment because she realized I was also in the room. It wasn't intentionally back handed. She searched for something to praise me about and couldn't find anything. That's the embarrassment.

Society is to liberals as to what a mother is to these killers. Something to blame other than themselves

S'alright, user. Polite is probably better than what most people around here can get.

Thank you, based user, for making my point better than I tried to; somewhere Shapiro is smiling and lovingly stroking his concealed 9MM.

It's not that you have nothing worth praising, it's that you're not working towards something worthy of praise, that's making you feel shitty. If you were a dirt-poor student on their way to the big-time, it'd roll off your back. Where you are *right now* has very little to do with it, it's the thought of staying there forever that's scary. Go drop 10 bucks on Jocko's "Discipline equals Freedom" or steal it, right now.

Correct

Correct... but the same society/mother does have a very real and nurturing/damaging influence.

What you and I can drink to is that, no matter WHAT influences you, our shared, inherent humanity makes sure that we ALL know that murder, rape, robbery and fraud are wrong. We all know it. But some people just turn out so malformed and selfish that they don't give a shit.

Woah look at all this retarded armchair psychology

I wasn't going to say anything but yeah.

LISTEN TO ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS. THEY ARE SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYING THE CONCEPT OF THE FAMILY UNIT. A WELL MAINTAINED FAMILY UNIT USED TO BE THE PATH TO HAPPINESS AND FUNCTIONING SOCIETAL STRUCTURES.

THE MEDIA WILL BECOME THE NURTURING, MORALITY-INSTILLING MOTHER. SHE WILL TELL US HOW TO ACT AND THINK SO AS TO FIT IN

GOVERNMENT BECOMES THE AUTHORITARIAN FATHER, DOLING OUT PUNISHMENT AND FINANCIAL SAFETY(UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME)

WE BECOME CHILDREN TO BE SUCKED DRY FOR MONEY AND SERVITUDE.

Do you understand what a character in a work of fiction is? Of course the serial killer is going to displace responsibility for his actions, it doesn't mean that the writers believe that. Christ you're thick

Under the right set of circumstances any human being is capable of committing acts they know are "inherently" evil.

>TFW the next serial killer kino is being written right now
nypost.com/2017/10/24/tampa-fears-a-serial-killer-is-on-the-loose/

Look up the real Ed kimper, just watched an interview with him and he seemed like a down to earth, normal dude except for the fact he was describing murdering young women

Except the implication isn't putting the blame on society and excusing evil, it's that there are specific conditions which breed that evil and by recognising what those conditions are we can more easily identify suspects before they reoffend. You know, like the whole fucking reason the Behavioural Science Unit was created?

Criminal profiling is pseudo science.

I'm only watching this for my gal Anna Torv.

Do you understand that this piece of fiction, like most, is framed through the lens of morality defined by the writers of said fiction.

Counter-point: the biggest challenge facing all military forces in history has been instilling the will-to-kill in their soldiers. Roughly half of fighters engaged in combat, against enemies they know have committed atrocities and want them and their families dead, shoot to miss. The modern U.S. military has gotten it up to 70%, or so. Your point is oft-repeated, asinine, and invalid.

That's a very good point, user, I hadn't considered that it in the context of the show, though we can prolly agree that they present this chicken-and-egg scenario in very vague terms.

Will this be Kino?

Can Jeffrey match Ed?

youtu.be/jmnuC7tn9D4

ENDING OF SHOW

He just has a panic attack and that's it?
Seems a little cheap. I think Holt experienced a moment of existential horror when he felt he was getting too close to the psychopathic mindset,
and Ed physically expressing affection towards him was the tipping point.

But I dunno, I'd hoped for more. Did the PARK CITY KANSAS guy do anything while I had my head turned?

That meme (the didn't-pull-their-triggers meme) was debunked some time ago.

Atrocities were more common and more widespread in WW2 than subsequent wars like Vietnam or the later Iraq wars because they were not reported and there was little repurcussion for certain behaviors.

The No-Trigger meme comes from Colonel Gross's otherwise excellent book, On Killing, which is a pretty good primer for not so much being able to kill, but being able to kill efficiently in highly stressful situations.

He plays a lot of paintball.

If iirc the "not shooting" thing stemmed from surveys conducted of soldiers engaged in the invasion of mainland Europe, and what it actually represented was less "I don't want to kill peeps" and more "I don't know WHO to kill and WHEN and no one is giving me permission or directions".

That still happens now under bad command. It's also why cops are resistant to the whole "le wait and see and try and reason with the mentally ill man with the knife" and punishing cops for taking the initiative.

>TFW I've had the type of history where nobody would bat an eyelash if I murdered a few dozen people, but I will probably never hurt anyone.
Probably.

I don't see how that disproves my point. Yes, normal humans have an innate moral compass partially formed by upbringing and partially evolutionary instinct. The killers in the show are normal humans but their moral compass was distorted by shitty upbringing and a bad set of circumstances. This is how sociopaths are made, which is the entire point of the show.

The US military's success in achieving a high shoot to kill mentality in their soldiers isn't due to changing their perception of morality or making them think killing another human being is okay. They drill their soldiers until it becomes reflex to shoot for centre of mass and deal with PTSD later.

They got a greenlight for season 2 fairly early on I think, so they felt no need to wrap it up.

Park City Kansas ended with him burning his art work.

If you know who that is and why he's burning his art work, it's important. Otherwise it's just foreshadowing. I heard Season 2 is going to focus on the ATL Child Killer. Which is SUPER INTERESTING and controversial because;

>DA MUDDAFUGGIN KKK BE KILL OUR KIDS AND SHEEEEIT

>Well ackshulllly these killings are homo pedo killings, and 99.9% of the time a homo pedo killer is going to attack his own race...know any homo pedos btw?

>YOU LEAVE WAYNE ALONE HE A GOOD BOY HE DINDU NUFFIN HE WUZ FRAMED BY THE KKK

>t. Jesse Jackson
>t. People Who Still Sincerely Believes This To This Day, Even With DNA Evidence (planted by the KKK)

"I'm just like anybody else"

More Hollywood trash designed to normalise a brutal sociopath and make us believe that all whiteys are capable of similar acts.

It's necessary to view popular-fiction as truth if you are to have any hope of understanding the normie, since they are one-and-the-same to them.

>Being a serial killer is hard right now
Meh. Don't kill anyone you know, or within the same city, don't have a criminal record, don't have family with criminal records, don't go killing people in areas cameras are likely to be, don't donate your fucking DNA to ancestry/23&me or other dipshit services and for now it's fairly easy to get away with if you aren't a moron.

Homicide detectives are more than happy to tell you without a motive/,social connection or easily connectible forensic evidence that shit ain't getting solved.

It's not the point of the show, nor is it the point of the BSU.

They're detectives and the job is to build profiles to help in deducing patterns and narrowing suspect lists (hence the important of BTK in this season).

None of them believe that serial killers/violent sex offenders are purely the product of environment, and there is no evidence to show this. It's a mixture of biology and socialization, sometimes leaning harder one way, sometimes the other.

Ed Kemper was born fucked up. Sometimes it's via a traumatic physical incident, othertimes it's a defect, but the usually have front lobe impairment and damage. Kemper, like a lot of serial killers (Dahmer for instance) always had a flat affect and inability to socialize. You see this in biological mental screw ups (schizophrenia being a huge one). Likely you get a someone with a biological impairment, and then "set the table" for them with socialization. In saying that - there was nothing in Dahmer's upbringing that would indicate he would become a serial killer. He formed those fantasies and behaviors on his own - what makes Dahmer interesting is that his FATHER also struggled with very minor variations of what afflicted Dahmer. It was even instrumental in the divorce that allowed Dahmer a lot of non parental supervision free time.

Dahmer was interesting because he was pretty normal as far as serial killers go.

Most guys like him would just be closet homo's. He was a little worse.

He wasn't a guy like Bittaker/Norris or Ramirez, who were just straight up fucking vile, dysfunctional human beings, and everyone knew it.

I've got homework to do, thank you BASED user for taking the time to type that. It still doesn't invalidate the point I was making to the user above: troops need certainty that they're shooting "the bad guy". We're exploring the edgiest-of-edge cases here, so results will vary, but my point stands that the overwhelming majority of people are incapable of sociopathic behaviour.

>PTSD

So we're in agreement: even in the most dire circumstances, knowing that your enemy has done the worst of the worst, you still incur psychological damage by ending their life. Speak to a few people who've done it, please.

florida is cheating desu

Did you see the one that killed himself in Alaska a few years ago (2012)?

>Picks state
>Picks victims at random, but wildly different from the previous victims
>Flies to state and buries/sets up equipment and tools
>Waits YEARS
>Flies to another state
>Rents car
>Drives to another state
>Rents another car
>Drives that car to target state
>Kills people
>Will sometimes stage accident, suicide or simply disappear the bodies

>Prior to confession, police weren't even if some of the cases were homicides
>None of them were linked

>Killed himself after detailing 7 crimes
>FBI said it will take years to correctly investigate his movements (frequent flights to over 30 states)
>No victim or metho profile to narrow search

Yeah for sure. Whether it's a moral/social thing or simply "I don't want to get court martialed for this shit".

Reminds me of that gunship footage of the chopper pilot basically begging for them to clear him to open fire on the people.

>cmon cmon cmon cmon let me fire em up

I think it's more about how loose and fast you want to get with "sociopathic".

People can kill without remorse, for profit and gain, but they will handle that differently. Hence the polygraph anomaly. Sometimes it's not even about the capacity to commit the crime. Tons of guys would rape a hot chick if they were 100% sure they could get away with it and face no repurcussions. Sociopaths don't feel fear in the same way the rest of us do. So the consequences seem to bother them a lot less.

You ever read No Easy Day?

It's the book by one of the team leaders on the Osama Bin Laden raid. I loved it, because it was so offbeat and weird. I wish they had made a movie out of that instead of the others - He talks about sneaking into insurgent homes in the dead of night, and just shooting them multiple times in the head as they sleep and stealing their wives underwear. Then he talks about his favorite meal at Taco Bell for after missions, and he does it with exactly the same tenor.

These guys go through a psychological battery of tests - they aren't dysfunctional - they're just very professional. What made it fascinating was the lack of romanticism or thrills. It was like he was a plumber talking about installing a storm water drain.

Weirdly they do talk about taking drugs prior to missions. To help them "rest" on the way to the mission.

Didn't he only get caught because he killed his fucking girlfriend or something incredibly stupid?
Imagine that all the guys that get caught are just the morons or the remorseful, while the rest do it so well perhaps bodies are never found.

I think they try to keep murders like this as my h as possible out of the media now due to copy cats, just look at shooting sprees, the more that get reported the more others feel emboldened to do it.

>ATL killer
So they're definitely bringing back the black guy they interviewed for this case right? I hope they fire that rat fuck

He got obsessed with a local waitress

Fucking kidnapped her right from her work, in front of a security camera

Just lit out and went on a crime/spending spree using his credit cards and her stolen credit cards. Didn't even try to cover it up really.

Bit liked Park City Kansas in Mindhunter. He'd all but gotten away with it. Then decided...fuck it, I need to taunt the police and do it brazenly and stupidly. Don't know if they want to get caught, or at some point they simply don't give a shit and they like the thrill.

A lot of serial killers couldn't exist today with both forensics and more importantly offender registries and lengthy jail sentences. Guys like the Green River Killer or Nightstalker just wouldn't have a chance.

Green River shouldn't have had a chance back then either, but police simply did not give a shit about those crimes back then.

>I tell her to drop me off a block away so nobody sees, but the bitch won't listen

what? why?

Seems legit user, I'll give that book a read based on your Sup Forums-defying quality-posting

A common thread for the most-functional soldiers seems to involve an ability to detach and harden their hearts to the suffering of their enemy. This doesn't include the kind of wanton, gratuitous violence you see with guys who are beyond-the-pale, more a "professional" approach, as you described it. I have no idea why anyone would want to steal a muslim woman's underwear, though; that level of psychological fuckup is beyond the scope of this thread.

Kemper was the actual origin of Bateman's "head on a stick" quote, iirc.

Forensics is only a problem if they have you already in the system, otherwise it's useless without a connection to you. That's why you don't kill people you know or live by. Until they require a DNA sample of every resident in a giant national database forensics can only go so far. Without a motive or a social connection to tie someone to a victim it's incredibly difficult.

Well, in light of what you say - The author of No Easy Day and members of his team were subject to a serious investigation and lots of rumors (and particularly pertaining to the never released photos of Bin Laden) that they had engaged in extreme "overkill", often mutilating corpses in a manner that wasn't illegal ("mag dumping" into bodies). In the book he even says that they "put a few extra" into Bin Laden (they usually but a bunch of extra roundsa into downed combatants to make sure they're really down).

They were investigated (and rumors among the SEAL community and infighting resulted) because they wanted to know if this was "extra professionalism" or "these guys have lost the plot" violence.

>steal a Muslim woman's underwear

Their bags and kits and shit are checked when they get back. They steal underwear and stash it in their buddies bag so it gets checked and he looks like a pervert. They also carry cameras on all the raids to photo the bodies to proof they didn't go beyond the pale or commit mutilations.

Pretty fascinating read. He also has an hour long 60 minutes interview on youtube.

From another SEAL talking about this units controversial behavior.

>Murphy analyzed Bissonnette’s description, calling it “perhaps the most measured and polite description that one could give of how operator after operator took turns dumping magazines’ worth of ammunition into bin Laden’s body, two confidential sources within the community have told us. When all was said and done, UBL had over a hundred bullets in him, by the most conservative estimate.”

>In the article, Murphy wondered if this method was “illegal”

>Murphy continued, saying, “You may not care whether bin Laden got some extra holes punched in him — few of us do, but what should concern you is a trend within certain special-operations units to engage in this type of self-indulgent, and ultimately criminal, behavior. Gone unchecked, these actions get worse over time.”

How many people are going to send the real Ed some 'za now

>Forensics is only a problem if they have you already in the system

Forensics plus sex offenders registries would have destroyed half of the serial killers from the 70's and 80's heydays.

The ability for police to check federal databases and link offenders and forensics would have outed a Bundy or Gacy rapidly. Hell, their constant supervision and longer jail sentences too.

The Blogging The Third Nail (I think that's what it was called) case was really interesting for this.

Also, just to elaborate or make clearer - my point was that many of these killers back in the day escalated from molestations/rapes/petty crimes. With modern forensics and offender registries, they could have been picked up very early on in their murders.

Some guys like Gacy, even when he was a suspect initially, local detectives weren't aware he was a convicted child rapist. Now it would be a red flag and a major search warrant instantly.

That explains the "respectful" burial at sea! A small part of me wishes it happened a few years later so the GodKing Donald could have given a press-conference holding a ziplock bag of dogfood-formerly-known-as-Osama.