What's Miyazaki's best film?

What's Miyazaki's best film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQYHO0xsfqU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

his first. Cagliostro.
Nascicaa his 2nd movie is 2nd best. Laputa is 3rd and so on. Very easy to remember.
It's all downhill.

>Miyazaki
>film
he makes flicks at best

The wind rises, also one of my fave films in general

>trying this hard

Princess Mononoke>Nausicaa. They're the same story but Mononoke is just better animated, better paced, the whole shebang. The only thing Mononoke doesn't have on Nausicaa is the giant warrior scene. That thing will awe audiences for decades to come.

Nausica setting>Princess Mononoke setting
I hope you can agree with that at least.

Yeah. I still need to finish the manga. Real great stuff Miyazaki did with the setting of Nausicca. Nausicaa as a character was more interesting and headstrong in the manga, too. Worth checking out for anyone who hasn't.

fucking retarded. Mononoke is garbage compared to his early film work. Now, the animation may be better, but the story is boring as shit and he also used CGI

>flick
more like a joints

>Mononoke is garbage compared to his early film work
I'm comparing to Nausicca so there's that.
>but the story is boring as shit
Not in the least. It's one of the greyest stories he's made, filled with intrigue about the roots of industrialization and capitalism.
>and he also used CGI
Oh no.

Spirited Away

Anyone sats anything else, they’re just being contrarian fags.

/thread

Spirited.

I love The Wind Rises, but that's because I connect with it a lot personally.

Porco Rosso.

the wind rises was a bore.

this

Princess Mononoke

Porco Roso and the wund rises. Because they have male protagonists.

Kiki's Delivery Service

What a fucking loser. Whining about shit instead of doing anything about. He'd be fucking dead without the medicinal services his country provides for him that he wants to go bankrupt.

porco rosso. or kiki's delivery are his best

>Miyazaki: Porco Rosso was a foolish movie.
>Interviewer: Why was it a foolish movie?
>Miyazaki: Because I've been making films for kids - that film was not for kids.

There you have it.

Don't you know? When a movie's boring that means it's art!

Mononoke is the best by most measures, but each film is different and has unique strengths.

or spirited away

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite, but apparently I'm the only one in the world that feels that way.

It has a great song in it. Who doesn't love a 50s-style Girl Group song in Japanese?

youtube.com/watch?v=TQYHO0xsfqU

mononoke is the best film, nausicaa is the greater work and strongest story

hes a pleb compared to takahata

I like My Neighbor Totoro, it's fun, I like fun films.

Saw it as a lad with me mum and sis, it was the first of his films I ever had the pleasure to see, and it stuck with me as a charming little folk tale.

i was about to tell you i hated it but you beat me to it

Spirited Away. Lots of people want to be contrarian though, so they will give some other answer. I also really liked Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service. Both are very comfy... but all of his films are great.

Lupin the 3rd deserves a new movie desu
>Im so superior muahaha mom!! Le flicks xdxd ebin

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

They need to dub the rest of the series with Tony Oliver and the rest of the cast from the 2nd series and the new series and release the second half of the second series. The guy who voiced Jigen confirmed that the second series was finished but Geneon went under before it was released. I am really happy with the direction that Jigen's gravestone went and I'm still unsure about the 3th series so far. I'm unsure about the animation style but I can see it growing on me. Atleast it's not that 3D garbage that berserk is doing

Kiki's Delivery Service is my favourite, but Spirited Away is probably the best.

He's right though, life is a cycle. Only marxist retards believe in infinite progress.

>not basking in Miyazaki's greatness

Or somone might have ADD

Lupin the 3rd- Castle of Cagliostro. Anyone who says otherwise is a kiddie pedo faggot.

unpopular opinion: I never liked Kiki's Delivery Service

> Princess Mononoke>Nausicaa
I dunno, man.
I still struggle to prefer one over the other.
I think I prefer Nausicaa setting, but the characters were probably better in Mononoke.

>Spirited Away
>Anyone sats anything else, they’re just being contrarian fags.
>/thread

came here to say this
and look, a lot of fags in this thread

fucking porco rosso.
I don't dig on swine

The Wind Rises

Anyone who says Spirited is a fucking pedofile kike

>Anyone who says Spirited is a fucking pedofile kike
Spotted the pedo. How can you look at her in a sexual way?

>What a fucking loser. Whining about shit instead of doing anything about. He'd be fucking dead without the medicinal services

You don't really get asian mentality. He'd be dead and so what? He'll be dead anyway.

It's the perennial conflict between personal and collective philosophies. To him, it is much more important that the world continues on and stays healthy and unpolluted, than that we have 3 billion more people who have a car and an iPhone.

You, on the other hand, can't even grasp this as a point of view, because you've been trained your whole life in the absolute individualism and materialism philosophies. You probably think your life is worth as much as the stuff you have and that you have some special life story arc, trying desperately to ignore the end of your story is just like the bums you step over going to wagecuck.

>ywn have to fend off the affections of a fiesty redhead pilot qt.

Why even live?

fucking idiot

if you picked kiki that would make sense, that is literally panty-shots the movie

love all these contrarian anti-spirited away hipsters

>Spotted the pedo. How can you look at her in a sexual way?

I don't, Rabbi

Another triggered pedofuck

me thinks thou doth protest too much

And reminder that John Lasseter, head of fucking Pixar, thinks Spirited Away is his best. He even did an introduction on the DVD

Me being Jewish has nothing to do with it goy. You goyim are degenerate.

>t. pedo in denial

only closeted pedos get this annoyed over other pedos

and even if that were true?
saying a girl is cute hardly proves anything. it's just one of many great things in the movie.

does he really believe he'll live that fucking long?

well in the future you might meet Nausicaa, who considering her appearance could be a new iteration of Fio as the Eternal Champion
beats making out with Elric

disgusting jew

Stay mad goy. You can't do anything.

Are you even Jewish or just having yourself a retard bait?

>REEEE I'm not a pedo. I just enjoy watching pedo cartoons REEEEEE

Ponyo
Only great one desu

I'm so Jewish that my nose is bigger than Pinocchio's.

mutilated

Porco is peak miyazaki

Porco Rosso

Of course the stupid goy didn't get it.

>Only marxist retards believe in infinite progress.
shaking my head to be honest

>not kushana
what's the matter, can't hand a strong independent maimed woman

I'm convinced Porco Rosso's less than the sum of its parts. They're terrific parts though.

I agree.

Objectively, it is Princess Mononoke.

Miyazaki is a fucken hack and only normies like him lmao

it's difficult for me to imagine Kushana as the Eternal Champion

>could be a new iteration of Fio as the Eternal Champion
Do they combine into a giant multi-limbed figure when the Multiverse calls?

oh certainly. and *another* novel repeating the same story from a different character's perspective

I'd watch an anime based on some Elric story. There's a potential for strong visuals there.

porco rosso, it's simple and beautiful
the rest are a clusterfuck

>Goat work that best expresses his worldview.
The Nausicaa manga

>Polished Grand epic films
Mononoke
Spirited Away

Porco Rosso, Castle in the Sky, and the Nausicaa film are the next best and equally good.
Kikis Delivery Service, Totoro are beautiful simple films but less ambitious.
The Wind Rises was good but he's over the hill and the ideas in it are confused.
Ponyo & Howls Moving Castle are enjoyable clusterfucks, but way below his other films
Porco Rosso is my favourite

Cagliostro is Kikis & Totoro tier

also agree.

Jesus, did he really say that?

My Neighbor Totoro. Ever scene is paced perfectly, even scene leads naturally to the next. It's full of subtle details that reward rewatching (showing that the Totoro are real physical entities, it's not all in the kids imagination).

kek this is probably what Miyazaki unironically wants

Kiki was the best, or at least most comfy [/spolier]

Whisper of the Heart is pretty underrated

Miyazaki wrote the screenplay for that but didnt direct

Evanjelion

To be fair, only 5 minutes total were CGI.

Castle in the sky is quintessential adventure kino
On par wity Jules Verne litkino

I don't get how anyone in Japan, one of the most conservative countries extant, can look at Anno and think "We should give this guy money and let him do his own thing."

I'm glad they do but seriously, look at him, would you trust him with your millions?

Japan is conservative in some ways but extremely "liberal" in others. Especially in regards to the arts. If you can prove that you have talent they will give you leeway to do whatever the fuck you want.

It feels like I innately knew that already, but still have trouble believing the money men believe in his talent after meeting him.

It's because Evangelion is one of the most successful merchandising properties in the history of anime, second only to Gundam and Pokemon. Which is really funny considering the subject matter of Eva.