Holy shit, this movie sucked

holy shit, this movie sucked

everybody dies violently the movie thank you deburro

Yeah.

I enjoyed it
This tweet makes me sad though

all the characters were dumb and weird

the bad guy was bad just because he was bad.

He had literally no personality or motive beside being bad. Then they killed him brutally. It was like a movie designed for special ed kids

it was pro communist so we have to pretend to like it

I thought it rocked.

that was the weirdest part. They made the commies all good guys with big hearts

I've owned this on Blu ray for about 5 years and I've never watched it to the end

why

wow del Toro coming out strong against the jews, how is he still in business?

And all the others bad guys in movies where bad because...???

He is being literal. There is NO political meaning behind the pale man.

conflict of interests

in another thread, someone said good villains are the heroes of their own story

Vidal never shows any likable or charismatic qualities, even to his friends, and is unironically on the autism spectrum or something. Watch the movie.

He's so literally (and I mean in the medical sense) autistic it gets awkward during 'dramatic' moments.

most overrated piece of shit i've ever seen.

how does this motherfucker wack off

attentively

It was a pretentious 3deep5you piece of crap kiddie flick misdirected at adults instead of kindergarten babies. Not only was the story poor, the "real life" elements trivialized and the "fable" ones weak and inconsequential, but the whole direction was wrong.
This fucking lard-ass, lel.

Have you ever heard of fascism?

>he was fascist, so that makes him automatically sadistic and exhibit traits of autism

are you a girl? You're using such black and white terminology like good and bad is so easy to describe in reality.

That doesn't mean that the moment you're a commie or a fascist, you instantly only do bad things to everyone because you want to be a dick.

>Be Hitler
>Get into politics after failing to get into art school
>See animal cruelty as being utterly barbaric
>Be horrified by the cruelty of many weapons in WW1 prevent their use for the sake of soldiers on the other side
>Be loved by Indians for fighting against the British who starved millions of their people

You are an idiot with really bad film sense.

Pan's Labyrinth was just del Toro sating his desire to create a snuff film without actually making a snuff film. It's garbage.

funny how he used pale and not white.
almost like there's people with pale skin that don't refer to themselves as white but as something else...
really bamboozles my neurotrons

This gets often overlooked. The "evil general" was a Francoist (decent people) and the good guys are maquis, literal communist terrorists

His motive was he was Caucasian

This thread sucked

Del Toro should work with Ivana again

i like the creatures but the movie sucks big time, boring shit, there's no question about it

Dude visuals lol

Read a book

>fascist
>decent

wew lad

Dude eyes on the hands lol

true, the characterisations sucked dick, the story sucked dick, only decent parts are the sound & character designs + set-pieces and it's arguable how much of those Hack Toro were responsible for in the first place.. blocking was OK as well actually, i'll give guilermo that much

fascism is a pretty good ideology

The characters were cartoonish - one dimensional.

It's great.

All his movies suck. He is Tim Burton lacking any directoral talents. Should stick with design. That fucking spanish movie about the spanish civil war was on movie i will always regret sitting through. Fucking bait and switch bullshit.

>holy shit, this movie sucked
OP's desperate cry for attention, everyone.
Sage goes in the Options field

>The characters were cartoonish - one dimensional.
its a fairy tale, you dense motherfucker.

>user realizes this in the year 2017 of our lord

no it's a feature length film

well at least you stopped
>its a ripoff
spamming

This is because he's a fascist.
Everyone knows fascists never had any human qualities or concerns beyond power, and everyone followed them blindly because banality of evil.

Is it weird that when I first saw this movie as child I thought the girl is super annoying and rooted for the 'bad' guy because he wasnt crazy and got his life together instead of imagining a dream world?

The non-fairy tale characters are also one dimensional.

This is what del Toro believes and that's why the characters fall flat. Although if you are in the same ideological trap you might not see it.

whoever wrote the screenplay had a vidal in their life or knew one, as they were extremely common in spain. they were that way because of the brutality of the war and the atrocities committed against the church, the most sacred thing in their lives.

you rooted for that piece of shit francoist general? puck you.

Spotted the neogaf faggot.

I think it's great

LOL how is meant to be deep? Sure there's a little ambiguity and symbolism but I don't think it was trying to make too much of a point other than the Spanish Civil War sucked and the world is a place too cruel for children. It played just like a classic fairy tale.

Tbh only people in former colonies identify themselves by the color of their skin,

Albinos?

It's about spain post civil war. Those people were commies because they were against the dictatorship. Still portrayed a bit too much as the good guys but understandable ir you knew how little consecuences faced the fascists after Franco's death.

>classic fairy tale

Girl goes into a hole end meets frog, the end.
Girl goes into a room, a monster chases her and she escapes, the end.

Truly, a classic.

I liked it alot