Gunnerkrigg Court

>No obligation.
gunnerkrigg.com/

Those dicks!

Also, Parley, please use your superpower and teleport him to a hospital now.

smitty's fucked, isn't he

welp

Just when it seemed Annie's relationship with the Pomps might be mended they burn it down again.

Who's a very special girl?
Not you, gedafuckowdahere

maximumkeks.jpeg

Well done Annie, you got your friend killed for some ungrateful psychopoops, I hope you learned you lesson and won't keep trusting them.

I dearly hope Annie is about to fire elemental on them.

ROTD also had a stake in the Jeanne situation, so hopefully they'll step in and talk some sense into the pomps.

They have a robot goddess right there...

Honestly, I'm starting to think the niggas that got Anthony to cut off his arm are less of a bag of dicks than the Psychopomps

Mask =/= robot.

Fat lot of good that does, Smitface isn't a robot.

Well the psychopomps asked her to do something for them and are now saying she did a good job. The guys that got Anthony to cut off his hand were actually telling him exactly how to do what he wanted, they just didn't tell him what he wanted was stupid. So I have to agree, the psychopomps are bigger dicks.

Can you name one faction in this comic that are not dicks?

Can you name one from the real-world?

Called that shit.

You see, people, Coyote's Tooth isn't for Jeanne. It's for Parley taking out her rage on Death itself.

Betting it's "we will not" because he's not going to die.

He's talking about Kat

Can Parley even see them? She looks like she's questioning why Annie is yelling at thin air while her love is bleeding to death.

"It is not this boy's time to die right now..."

*Carefully built-up dramatic tension immediately dissolves*

oh god, he's actually gonna die?

No, fuck you Tom

I was ready to call cop out, but this is good.

Welcome... to Gunnerkrigg Court!

They're not burning it down; she is by demanding stupid shit.

don't the court fairies know healing magic?

Can't, would need Smith's powers too
But he's too busy writing himself out of the story

I don't really think the pomos are dicks, they are just incredibly simple minded.

They ferry dead people to the afterlife.
They want to ferry dead people to the afterlife.
They dislike when they are not able to ferry certain dead people to the afterlife.

They aren't in the business of healing people that were stabbed by dead people, they are in the business of ferrying the dead people to the afterlife. No more. No less.

>All according to keikaku

keikaku means plan

I mean, can she even? She never had much control of her power until she started getting it on with Smitty. Now that he's gone it's possible she doesn't have the same level of control. Also a dagger through the heart my be fatal regardless.

Parley was pretty gung ho about freeing Jeanne all on her own, so I mean, it's not JUST because her maste... 'friends' told her to do it.

MUUUUUUUUT.

I don't think they can make the psychopomps heal him. At best he'd end up as a ghost.

"Please gods of death, I did your dirty work, maybe heal this one kid for me?" Seems like a fairly reasonable request, I mean, Jeanne is kinda their fuckup for letting her fester so long.

Why is it a reasonable request? Put yourself in the Psychopomp's shoes for a minute before answering that.

It's going to get pulled out when they try to take his spirit.

"Well, we just got two souls we've been after for a couple centuries, want to save eyebrows in gratitude so we don't lose our new recruit?"

"Nah, we can have 3 now! Waiting 2 years until his wife crushing him in her thighs is waaaay too hard."

They seem to have some authority on things though.

>"This girl's friend was injured whilst doing my job at my request and I could easily heal him"

Yeah, they're dicks. The whole 'can't intervene' thing went out the window when they asked for help.

Guys, Smitty's not dead yet. They aren't there for him. The psychopomps are all just here to congratulate Annie on a job well done because she was able to fulfill the duty no one else was able to do. That's also why they owe her nothing; they see it as just another thing that had to be done by someone, it just happened to be Annie that figured it out. Annie's the one that thought of it as a special request because from her point of view, Muut had asked her for the impossible.

If Smitty dies, then we might have a situation like with Jones But ROTD can't even step in because Smitty's not dead yet.

Don't call him dead until he's actually being called away by a psychopomp.

Nope, he's dead, I am already burying him, ignore the whining. He must die for my superior AnnieXParley ship. Sorry eyebrows, your plot armor had to give out someday.

What? A policy of nonintervention doesn't preclude asking for outside help.

Never mind the fact that they're deities and she's a, what, twelve-year-old girl? Annie shouldn't go into it thinking she's on equal footing because she's not.

Calling it now: they're here for the robot's biological bits. The whole gang showed up so they can figure out who gets dibs on Kat's homegrown purple chicken wings.

Is smitty ready for the ride?!

Again, I wish the 'Annie is terrible' meme would die already. It's just old and unfunny at this point.

I thought they were in high school now.

>they take his sythmeat body
>they leave Robot's head with his chip in it while he's screaming for them to take him with them

>It's just old and unfunny at this point.
just like Annie!

who the fucks the goblin supposed to be

Neat as that would be, I'm still not convinced Tom will actually go through with it, instead of just blueballing us all again.

You do have a point, in the past they only showed up directly AFTER a death, not in the moments leading up to one, and even then never all at once

Either Smitty isn't dying, or he continues on with a half-life because Antimony goes fire and doesn't let any pomps take him.

>heart
it didn't go through his heart though

Just sayan that they got a robot goddess there who's recently made breakthroughs in biomechanical engineering, who also has a lot of spare parts lying around right now. There's also the spirit medium. They can fix this.

It was mostly for Jane herself they did this.

In the case of regular deaths like Mort, yeah but the arrow's effects and Jeanne's passing must have their attention by now.

>and she's a, what
Freelance psychopomp who just accomplished something they've failed to do for a very long time. If she's as useless as you say, maybe they shouldn't have gone to her for help and should've just done it themselves.

He can just get another body. It's no different than an equestrian losing their horse.

No, this pretty much guarantees he lives.

It shifted the narrative conflict. It's no longer "Smitty Sacrificed himself to win"... he already said his cool line and he's still kicking. The conflict that caused it is resolved too

It's "The new challenge is saving Smitty".

I wonder... could Coyote lend a hand?

Aaaaaannnnnddddd Annie gets another lesson

it's not losing the body it's that he wants to die a real death.

Not being sent makes you a Ghost. It doesn't prevent you from dying.

>GEEZ WHY DOESN'T ANNIE CARE THAT SMITTY IS GOING TO DIE WHAT A DUMB SLUT
>GEEZ WHY IS ANNIE DESPERATELY PLEADING FOR SMITTY'S LIFE WHAT A DUMB SLUT
Nothing pleases you autists.

Annie BTFO
WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN

>you owe me!
Not if Annie can't control her autismal rage.

No, it's "Annie learns actions have consequences" and "You can't go running off to play the hero and then expect someone to clean up your mess."

You know what would be really nice?

If Annie decided to use the ehter to join her father (via Kat's mom) and asked him guidance to make an heart operationby moving stuff with her etheric kinesis and cauterising tissue with her fire, while her father supervise each steps.

This is why you should always get a contract in writing, and get a lawyer to look it over.

Technically, Parley is at fault too. Kat was making the smart suggestion to seek the help of the indestructible Golem to deal with the Killer Ghost, But parley is the one who took the decision to not involve anyone else.

... Out of what was basically personal pride.

Let's not forget that the Pomps and the RotD both encouraged them in their quest.

Kat, punch Muut again, would you? But this time do it as the Goddess of HyperTechnology or whatever the fuck you are.

WAIT FUCK I JUST REALIZED AFTER POSTING THIS

DO THE PSYCHOPOMPS CONSIDER THIS FAVOR TO BE ANNIE'S PAYBACK FOR DELIVERING THE LETTER TO MORT?

I TOLD YOU FAGGOTS MY BOY SMIT WAS FUCKED

FUCK

FUCK MY LIFE

Nah.

He ain't dead yet.

TWO MORE WEEKS

JUST YOU WAIT

I forget if this is even possible, but could Annie pull a double totem swap to save Smitty?

Have him become an animal, then pull his life force out of the animal and cram it into a human shell made by the court?

A bit foggy on how the human-into-animal side of the switcheroo works, though, so this may already be an impossible idea.

Just have coyote make a new body.

Because he's so well-known for making top-notch humans.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I half expect him to show up now with a wink and a big grin, this kind of scenario is something he'd love. But then taking the foreign ambassador into your jurisdiction will cause a lot of problems.

Also Smitty doesn't seem like the type to screw with death, I think he's want to move on.

no idea about the fae, but Eglamore had a potion, pic related

Well fuck you too you Tootsie roll eating motherfucker!

>Annie out there with the FIX THIS!

it's just cyanide.

>gods of death
>heal
At best they can not take him. Undead-Smitty.

SUCKAAA!

It wouldn't surprise me, if they thought that a letter equals a human life.

They would at least not take him, so he would still be alive once he got to a hospital.
Even if every drop of blood drained they would be like "idk how but he ain't dead"

It isn't really.
Also, that's not how she worded it, is it?

I wish Annie would die already.

SHE didn't really do anything at all, did she?
Her friends who put their lives on the line without any hope for reward did all the hard work.
Annie just stood in a labyrinth for a while, dumbfounded by how amazing Kat is.

No, that's not what we're saying.
All we're saying is that Annie is a retard.
In my personal opinion, this pleases me greatly.

Do you even read the webcomic, or just come in and try to say anything to try and troll people.

dead annie would still be main character

No, I've been reading this comic for almost as long as it has existed.
Yes, I come in and try to say anything to try and troll people.
I do actually hate Annie and I have a massive hateboner for her.
This does not mean she is a bad character or that Tom did anything wrong imo.

I think that's a very understandable position to take. She's definitely not a morally perfect character!

Fair nuff

>Annie has been dead this whole time.

so is it time for Coyote to invade the court now? It feels like that's why he made Annie help Jeanne