Samurai Jack - News

The premiere of the new season of Samurai Jack has finally been revealed.

twitter.com/CabooseJr/status/823389273000996867/video/1

It will air on my Birthday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8
youtube.com/watch?v=JSvRymum9kc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh shit, that's my birthday too!

What a really weird way to announce it though.

It's my birthday as well.

Strange they don't have a promo yet.

Awesome that's my birthday

This is such a relief, specially since, last time I heard, It was going to come out in december.

I Got You Senpai

March 11th, 11:30pm

It's everyone's birthday on Sup Forums!

...It's finally happening?

Fuck yes!

Wow! That's on my birthday!

WELL fuck you guys, im changing my birthday to that day too.

Fuck you guys I was literally born on that day.

Awesome that's my unbirthday!

What other shows do you guys think should be finished with an adult tone ?

Blue's clues

Foolish board! I, Akunymous, master of shitpost...

Ya'll broke my twitter. I love you!

Dude. That's my unbirthday too!
And today is also my unbirthday! What about you?

Is the number of episodes known?

I want to say ten but at the same time I think I'm pulling that number out of my ass.

each previous season had 13 episodes.

Aw shit, best birthday present ever

Invader Zim

nice, on my afterbirthday. No one celebrates it for some reason.

But who will voice the evil that is Aku?

KND

It will air on my brother's birthday. It's a pity he isn't into Samurai Jack that much.

2017 is way better than 2016

I haven't even been born yet but I will be on March 11, 11:30pm. I'll tell my mom to have a tv ready.

What would an Adult blues clues even look like Steve regularly brinks in his hooker while he blues clues to find his crack stash?

What's an unbirthday?

>Just about 1.5 months

YEEEAAAAHHHH

Megas XLR

the day you kill yourself

Good for you, user.

Scooby Do- OH WAIT

That was a theory presented as fact by someone who thought the 8:30pm reruns of season 1 were an indication it wouldn't premiere until they reran all 52 episodes.

The real question now is what does this mean for Toonami since Super is currently on at 11:30. 11pm extension?

Are we back to the past?

more like Steve trying to solve CSI style murder mysteries with a busty anthro Blue helping out.

>busty anthro Blue

disgusting

Tron Uprising, though I'm not sure how they can get any more brutal than they already were.

>zelda breath of the wild comes out on my birthday
>samurai jack comes after that
why is 2017 so based

>The Punisher
>Iron Fist
>The Defenders
>Justice League movie
>Voltron Season 2
>Wonder Woman movie
>Samurai Jack returns

Truly a good year for Sup Forums

>wanting "rahash the game"
>on a dead on arrival system

>Jackra posting

Look at this man.

This is a man who has had everything taken away from him, stripped of his birthright as heir, and cast into a future where his worst nightmare is reality. This is the face of decades of intense physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual torment.

This is the result of understanding that no matter how hard you try to help someone who is suffering or in need, the bastard responsible is always going to be two steps ahead of you getting stronger, two steps behind you brutalizing the person you just helped as soon as you're gone, and watching you at all times to figure out new ways to make you hurt.

It's spending years knowing that Aku stopped trying to kill you long ago, and has been keeping you alive to prolong your anguish and treat you like a toy.
It's having not committed seppuku already for shaming and disgracing the world, consciously choosing to be subjected to this bullshit, because deep down you know you deserve it for failing this hard.

Jack is literally in a living, personally tailored Hell, and Ikra was the first time he realized it.

You should try writing novels

>JL

That is going to suck mate.

>TFW no moth gf

>Justice League movie
>Wonder Woman movie
>Truly a good year for Sup Forums
???

Weird that the premier is on my birthday, its like getting two presents!

Gargoyles
Wait, never mind just let Greg finish the goddamn thing.

>rahash the game
>dead on arrival

Ren & Stimpy

just hope. thats all i'm saying

He's talking about the character design here, which really is bland (Jack's character design couldn't be any more plain) and crooked (which is part of the style). By the way John K said "Genndy Tartakovsky's cartoons are beautiful". He doesn't like the character design but he does like the rest of the art.

i dont know
im affraid they'll fill it with too much stoner humor

Batman Beyond

I tried with BvS, I even posted "thanks based snyder" last year....I will not repeat the mistake.

lol
>tfw trying to write prose but the story in your head is film format
A novelization of a movie or show might give some additional subplot details, or a peek into the characters' thoughts and emotions, but it's best to let the audience figure that stuff out on their own.

Words could never express my ideas more accurately than visuals, so I make comics and storyboards.

Damn man, nice. Still, Aku seems too bored to be really having that much fun out of tormenting Jack just by keeping him alive. I think that at the point the new season starts both Jack and Aku have long given up trying to kill each other and the lack of conflict has driven them to misery and apathy respectively.

So 03 11 11 30

Oh palindrome

>Only a couple of r34 of her
>They're both horrifying for independent reasons

WACHAW
GOTTA GET BACK
BACK TO THE PAST
SAMURAI JACK

How long do you think it'll take for someone to upload it to the Internet? I´m an Eurofag and can't wait to see Jack return.

Literally as soon as it's finished airing.

Thank God. But mostly the speed of altruistic cartoon lovers.

Any predictions for the first episode? We already know what the opening scene will be like thanks to Genndy's (surprisingly engaging) description, but what about the rest?

Will the episodes be 20 minute long or longer? Will they air weekly or daily?

My prediction:
- Jack is 80 years old like Genndy says, but in the future ageing is slower so 80 is more like 50, plus Jack still trains so he's still really fit
- He's sick of battling Aku but can't stop because that's the only thing he knows how to do any more
- He meets the Scotsman by chance and he reminds Jack that there's still hope
- Jack goes back to the guardian of the time portal, fights him, and wins. The guardian warns him he's not ready.
- Jack amasses an army just like it was prophesied in the original series when he fought the guardian
- They fight Aku and lose, old Jack dies.Young Jack fights Aku (exactly the same way as before), gets sent to the future (exactly the same way as before)
- Skip to the guardian fight again, the guardian has a premonition, tells Jack he must not return to the past, but use the time portal to go to the future and strike Aku whe he doesn't expect it.
- Jack uses the time portal to go to the future, kills Aku, bitter-sweet ending since Jack lost everything he had but defeated Aku.

You do know they have a video talking about what going to happen in this season?
Jack is old, he lost his sword after a horrible fighting with Aku. He's main mission now is to get back his sword and gather his allies to form an army.
But until then Old Jack is getting around the world with a motorbike and a trick out revolver.

>he lost his sword
[citation needed]
Sounds like you've been reading too much fan fiction

I did the "3 strikes, im out" approach too.

explain
or
SHOW.

Well, he's using a gun now and in none of the designs for his coolass Samurai armor we ever see the sword, so it's a safe assumption.

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8
looks like it.

damn watching this again makes me twice as hype.

>giving personal information on Sup Forums
HAHA! I've extrapolated from your birthdays your social security numbers and I'm hacking into your bank accounts at this very moment!

I´m so gland Genndy decided to make it a mini series instead of a movie.

>he's using a gun now
He's also using his sword the very next scene.

Jesus.

SHIET

DON'T TAKE MY 4 BUCKS!
I WAS GOING TO BUY RAMEN!

Underfist

Where? I´m using as an example the scene that Genndy described in the Comic Con. In that one he's only using his bike and a gun to fight off the beetle bugs and not even once does he draw his sword. It doesn't seem like Jack to disregard the sword that is the pride of his family, aside from it being fucking magic, for a simple gun. It doesn't seem in character, so I´m assuming something must have happened to keep Jack from utilizing it.

Paheal

POST LOLIMOTH WAIFU

tiny hands

Also Verbina and Astor might come back
Pic related

Meant for

I can only find the video of Genndy talking, Adult Swim took down the fan videos of the actual pitch storyboard. Either way there's art of Jack covered in blood with his sword, and no mention of ever having lost it.

Steven Universe

youtube.com/watch?v=JSvRymum9kc Here you go, the full panel.
I hope that clears everything up.
About the blood covered Jack holding the sword, obviously he´ll get it back at some point. What I´m trying to tell you is that at the beginning of the new season Jack doesn't have it and I´m guessing a good portion of the season will be about getting it back.

>Here you go, the full panel.
That's WITHOUT THE STORYBOARD. Jesus, learn to read.

Who are they getting to do Aku?

Sorry, I misunderstood you. In that case we can only speculate.

Greg Baldwin, I think. He recently uploaded a picture in Twitter I think in which he indirectly confirm it. Maybe some kind user out here will share it with us.

>literally told people it was March
>lol ur stupid
>it really was