Is it really that bad? What did you like and did not like about it? What would you change?

Is it really that bad? What did you like and did not like about it? What would you change?

Fuck people who think the original season was better than the sequels. Kid Ben was the most annoying character ever created.

Original
>too annoyingly kiddy most times
AF
>now it's too serious
UA
>now it's trying to be both
Omniverse
>PERFECTION

Fucking faggots need to shut up about his being bad. It was much better then the original ben 10. And anyone who says otherwise is a shittaste faggot

This.

It wasnt mate.

The fact that the design of so many characters was uncreative and boring is already a sign of this.

You should just grown up and stop throwing a tantrum just because your opinion is not popular.

It was boring as fuck.

Kid Ben was entertaining to me because he was an annoying disobediend brat who had to work around his flaws to do his heroism well. I liked the concept of the kid who shouldn't be a hero, but has to because turns out he's forever stuck to the Omnitrix.

Gwen had a nice powerset, which opened doors to magic stuff and a great lore potential, especially contrasted with the alien stuff.

Then they decided to make Ben serious with no personality, and Gwen became a Green Lantern, retconning her magic to alien powers.

I am still mad about that.

Gwen was fixed in Omniverse

Hell, she even got a magic library as some sort of sanctuary on her magic college, that raises her power while she is there.

Its greatest crime is being dull as everloving fuck to the point where you wonder if they tried to make it so boring on purpose.

AF tried to hard to make dialogue and action like trying to fit it in comic frames (even has "staring moments" that were anticlimactic).

It was aggressively mediocre and tried to retcon a shit ton of things just for the sake of retconing things.

Will we ever get a follow-up on what they teased us with Omniverse's ending?

the original series had a more interesting art style and was more enjoyable. Older Ben lost a lot of his personality, and AF was just too serious.

throwing insults is a clear sign of defeat

Ben, Rook, Kevin and Gwen adventuring on space?

Damn man, probably not with this reboot.

I liked that after whatching the creation of the universe and seeing the origin of life itself, Ben felt the need to travel to the cosmos because Earth looked so small compared to everything.

Boring art style and Story

I miss the original

It wasn't bad per se, it just wasn't good either. Ben's characterization is shit too - for two seasons they're actually trying to mature him a little bit, and make him realize the enormity of the powers he has been granted. Then once the Highbreed go down his personality is all over the place, acting like a petulant child one episode, a class clown the next, then that serious guy's back, oh look now Ben's an emotionally detached master of the omnitrix with absolutely no qualms about killing his best friend.

The entire fucking franchise is "that" bad.

>Is it really that bad?
Not as bad as Ultimate Alien
still not sure if I'd put it above or bellow the reboot tho

>What did you like and did not like about it?

*liked*
some of the new characters and concepts that were introduced

*did not like*
- bland and boring art style
- bland and boring character designs
- generic and boring writing
- stupid retcons, especially the "it is all just aliens, it was all just aliens" aspect of it
- completely ruining Kevin as a character

>What would you change?
- Make the art style more like the original series of like Omniverse
- make the writing more like early Omniverse
- Gwen gets to keep her magic, Kevin is still a mutant, not give Kevin an stupid "addicted to electricity" excuse, no changer to the Forever Knight's backstory
- Have Kevin still be a proper villain at the start (more like his original self), have him join forces with the heroes to save his own ass while still remaining as violent as ever, have him grown to care about his team gradually (what I'm saying is, give him a proper character arc, rather than just make him a good guy out of nowhere)

then why is it still around?

Different writers, I presume

Kevin and Rook might come back

I mean, they brought back Billy Billions

>it's good because CN keeps rebooting it
Fucking kill yourself.

>I can't think of a good argument, so I just tell them to kill themselves, that will prove them I em right and not at all an insecure 13 year-old

It seemed to hate everything about the original series and actively tried to counter it, forgetting to be entertaining in the process

THIS!

>I can't think of a good argument
You never even brought up an argument to begin with. "It's still an active franchise, so that means it MUST be good" isn't an argument. It's a blatant appeal to popularity.

appeal to lasting popularity, thank you very much

That doesn't make it any less of a fallacy or any more if a valid argumemt.

you do realize that it is usually the masses that gets to decide what is good and what isn't, right?

No, because quality isn't objective. Nobody has the authority to decide what others should think of a fucking cartoon.

I was just wondering for some time now. Is Omniverse really that great like said? It's the only version that I haven't touched so far. How would you describe it without waifufaggotry? How is it plotwise (no spoilers, just how it stands compared to the others)? Any cool new aliens?

Lot's of people think it's even better than the original. It's almost universally agreed to be better than AF & UA.

You speak the truth. AF is when it actually got really good, the original wasn't bad and actually had some good stuff, sometimes better than the average of what was to come, but starting at AF is when it was high quality consistently.

It has the most lore, references every aspect of the franchine, even things that were just exclusive from toys.It has a great supporting cast in Rook, the guy has good interaction with Kevin and Gwen too.

Starts a little slow in my opinion, but it gets better, and takes the franchine to more weird places, like a Spacy Dandy for kids or how I like to describe, a "Ben 10 meets hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". It has some fun multiversal shenanigans and the development of the characters feel natural and they expand the world.

It basically took everything that worked on the past shows and went on that direction. Hell, they even made flashbacks episodes that managed to make Kevin turning into a good guy a natural progression.

It obviously has its faults, the art style for some characters is weird at first, but I think that it is a good action show and the closest so far to fullfil the potential of the franchine.

What I mean, is that it really feels like the people behind it enjoyed working on the show. If whatched other cartoons of the creator, like Secret Saturdays and Mystery Inc, you will have an idea on what you are getting in.

We really should do a recomendation chart for episodes.

This pic looks promising enough. Also I like multiversal shenanigans.
>the art style for some characters is weird at first
Yeah, this is basically what was pushing me back most of the time.
>Secret Saturdays
Oh, I watched them when they aired on CN. Good stuff.
Thanks, seems like I'll check it out after all. Thanks, I always liked the original.

Wyatt's artstyle might be unappealing, and the humour can be somewhat kiddy (it's better than no humour at all desu). Other than that, it goes wild on references, taking characters from all the previous series, and go weirder and funnier.

Meh, I liked it

>Then once the Highbreed go down his personality is all over the place, acting like a petulant child one episode, a class clown the next, then that serious guy's back, oh look now Ben's an emotionally detached master of the omnitrix with absolutely no qualms about killing his best friend.

That's mostly a response to everyone saying he had the personality of a plank of wood for the first two seasons.

On retrospective i rather watch AF than the reboot, not si sure about UA.

Only the recent series is a reboot
AF, UA and OV are all direct continuations of their prior series.

DJW artstyle looks better in motion, and it fits Ben 10 (and Scooby Doo) way better than it did with Transformers.

But Omniverse went back to kiddy most of the times. And that coming from an almost 18 years old translated into retarded.

>Ben 10 meets hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy".

Probably intentional. They say that there are three other Earth species on the Omnitrix: Two of them being dolphins and lab mice.

OV had serious moments, specially the Malware arc which actually explained AF plothole of why Ben dropped the Omnitrix for like 5 years after the original series.

>Yeah, this is basically what was pushing me back most of the time.
The thing that Omniverse artstyle looks weird in paper, but look really cool when is in motion

absolutely fantastic taste and great way to star the thread.

Also god tier comment.