I thought this was supposed to be bad

I thought this was supposed to be bad

Only if you're a eurocuck or sand nigger

EU fag it was alright

You killed me!!!!!!
I'll never forgive that faggot for killing of the main character

I'm an European from the non-cucked part of Europe and even though I crave for patriotic movies that give me my nationalistic boner I have to admit that this movie was mediocre with its meandering pointless story and portrayal of a modern whiny soldier.

It was good.
Sup Forums sperged out over the fake baby and somehow that made the entire movie bad to the hivemind. I think Bradley Cooper was a poor choice for Kyle though. The guy is left wing leaning parasite with no respect for the military. He just wanted an Oscar. Chris Pratt would have been better suited for the role based entirely off his respect for the military alone.

Europoor here and I thought it was pretty good. Bradley Cooper has the charisma of a piece of wood, but other than that it was solid

Trash. Steven Seagal tier. Even has a retarded villain.
Worst Eastwood flick.

I'm just impressed by how simple the guy is
>I'm the good guy
>they're the bad guys
>I kill because killing feels good
>murrica fuck yeargh
he's basically the chad from those chad/virgin comics

I'm going to watch Generation Kill again instead, user.

Terrible film. Terrible characters. Terrible action scenes. Terrible story. Terrible fictional enemy sniper villain in otherwise wannabe biopic. Terrible protagonist based on terrible habitual liar.

only muslims, neo-nazis, and euros hate it

Its a good action movie. Just not a realistic depiction of chris kyle.

It was. It fucking sucked. It was cheap, amateurish and fucking retarded - like a fucking 80's Chuck Norris film.

The book wasn't great, but it was way, way more interesting than this abortion.

Lone Survivor was a better movie and even worse adaptation.

Wish they filmed No Easy Day instead.

Lone Survivor was equally retarded.

>hurr durr lets let these kids go and then proceed to get ass raped by goarherders with Soviet-era weapons

No wonder you people loved Hacksaw Ridge. Its miles better than any other recent American war film, despite being mediocre.

The fake baby was REALLY fucking bad though.

Cooper was really good...considering he's Bradley Cooper. The original choice was Chris Pratt, who would have nailed it.

He looks, moves, talks like him etc.

The book was interesting - it was like Into The Wild with guns (with Kyle, like the whiny kid in that movie/book/rl, being a mess of a person with lots of good and bad and reasons for doing what he did).

The movie really fugged it all up by turning his life and story into a dumb action movie, essentially, with some cheesy drama.

For instance, one big thing that really put me off was how Kyle ended up in the military.

In the movie he sees some of dat durrr 9/11 and rushes to join.

IRL he was just pissing his life around with odd jobs and rodeos and he stumbled into a Navy recruitment office, and they were like;

>Yo, you wanna be a Navy SEAL

>Nah, would rather be an electrician or something

>Well...Try the Navy SEAL thing first and see if it works out for you

>Okay, sounds breddy exciting I spose

Lone Survivor was a better movie. It was just better made.

The Lone Survivor book on the other hand is waaaaaay worse than the American Sniper book, but also kind of funny.

Also, American Sniper is about 50% related to the book/real life, while Lone Survivor the movie basically has no relation to the book/real life.

The way both movies invented these imaginary conflicts and villains really pissed me off.

I can KINDA see it with American Sniper, since you want some sort of central conflict - but Lone Survivor had at it's core a survival story similar to 127 Hours...and they just randomly turned it into Rambo 3.

Yeah, but you must understand that both the character in the film (American sniper) and the real life person of Chris Kyle are unlikable psychopaths who had a habit of lying non-stop about everything.

He lied about beating up Jesse Ventura for fucks sake.

How was this a good action movie?
First Blood is a good action movie, this is not, this is just idiotic shit masked with decent photography.

the action was suspenseful and
i like how they confront ptds

>Be Chris Kyle
>Try to help traumatized vets
>Put unstable vet in the backseat
>Give him a gun

What the fuck was he thinking?

I like the moral of the story which is:
>Never join the military. They will fuck your life up and in no way will things be better for either you or this world.
>Never trust or help strangers no matter what the reason. They will shoot you in the back (sometimes literally).

I saw it in IMAX IIRC.

It was impressive on the screen except for some bad cgi and the fake baby. Eastwood is a good director and made a 6/10 story into a good, but not great film.

Kinda reminds of sully,

>In both cases you know how it ends
>In both cases the directing is good enough that you care
>Key scenes give some emotional impact (Rescue in sully, him riding to his grave in American sniper)
>Much better on the big screen then a computer screen
>7.5/10 films, but not really great

The main criticism was Propaganda and how the movie falsely implies that the Iraq is responsible for 9/11.
If you aren't an embarrassing libtard who can't difference between reality and entertainment, it's a damn well made movie.

>If you aren't an embarrassing libtard who can't difference between reality and entertainment, it's a damn well made movie.
Id rather be a pragmatist centrist and rate this film a 5/10 based on quality, not politics.

So? Kyle was an unsympathetic Asshole and a chronic liar and a coward, the movie was still good even if the actual Chris Kyle is a faggot and the world was done a favor as that other military guy killed him.

I'm not even trying to be edgy, I read dozens of articles about him and even pirate his book and read it, he was a massive lying faggot.

>casting an actor based on his political beliefs

kill yourself

>cgi desert tornado intensifies

>so many people refusing to understand the artistic genius of Clint Eastwood in this thread
What went wrong with Sup Forums?

I can never stop laughing at the fact they took the "pussies, dicks, and assholes" scene from Team America World Police and actually did it straight, for real.

>silver star
>4 bronze stars
>coward
lol shut the fuck up

Gran Tarino was so good and American Sniper is just trash, Clint is really getting senile.

I don't really know or care about Kyle or the controversy surrounding him and I'm not flag waving ameritard but I'm not a faggy metrosexual Europeen either so my view is unbiased. It was a good movie. Cooper was stellar. Action scenes were good and they did a good job showing how fucked up he was from PTSD without going really corny and overboard.

vitun homo :DDD