How many times have you watched BvS?

How many times have you watched BvS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X7SiuQxhAjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Like 5 or something.

This. Theatrical cut twice, and Extended three times. I'll also be going through MOS, WoWo and BvS before Justice League, but that's a few weeks off of being a consideration. Might watch Suicide Squad too, but unless Waller shows up, I don't think I'll bother.

>Might watch Suicide Squad too, but unless Waller shows up, I don't think I'll bother.
So you haven't seen any trailers or promo material for Suicide Squad in the year since it's been out? Because Waller's in it, she was in the first teaser that was even made.

still havent seen. not watching capeshit, neither marvel nor dc, but i heard a lot and this movie is controversial, spliting audience which i like
what should i do/watch before getting into this?

Once in theaters, twice online ( extended edition )

Eh, 5/10

I think you should stop pretending to be a faggot and really start sucking some big huge dicks already, black ones preferably.

good luck finding nuggaz in my shitcountry

once

will not watch again

Fell asleep during the "fight" scene. What did I miss?

Twice. Fell for the Director's Cut meme. People told me it made the film a lot better. It didn't change shit, just made me waste more time on a terrible movie.

Something like 7 times
Including 4 times, maybe 5, in the theater

I like it a lot, but I don't even think it's very good, it has way too many stupid choices.

capeshit is capeshit. Do you ever think you'll find a good piece of dogshit and think to yourself....wow that really is a nice bit of dogshit, maybe we've been wrong about shit all this time. Fuck I've been flushing my shit down the toilet everyday (god willing) maybe I should be keeping it and displaying it's artistic values to my friends and family by smearing it over the face of my 8 year old niece's face.

None.
MoS was shit and the shameless shilling puts me off.

8 times.
Ultimate Edition is fcking MASTERPIECE!

I think around four times. I unironically think the extended version is the best superhero movie ever.

>Watching several times a 5/10
Why?

I didn't even manage to finish it, by the time there were actual fucking on-screen email "character setups" for future films I bailed out.
Degenerate capeshit.

Watched it once in theaters, I wasn't crazy about. Watched it again online just to give it another chance and I still wasn't feeling it. Heard there was an extended cut, so I watched that. It filled in some gaps, but I just didn't like it that much. I don't hate it...i just think it's quite average.

>tfw someone saved your OC image
From start to finish, about 4 times. I have watched my favorites in bits and pieces a lot more times.
MoS I watched more times. As much as I like BvS, is quite exhausting.

Twice in theaters.

Absolutely hated Lex Luthor's portrayal on first viewing - realized my own internalized bias and thoughts of the character and was much more sympathetic to what was intended the second viewing.

Another time to watch the extended edition - which to be honest didn't fix much of the flaws in the original film (but was still entertaining) and this I watched with a bunch of Marvel fuccbois who hated it.

Plus I watch several clips on YouTube occasionally because I like them.

Three times in theaters.

Reminder this is what Scorsese said in the hollywood reporter on the weekend

Better than a dozen times. I've watched it somewhere between once or twice every couple of months. I'm due for a rewatch.

About 8 times, I think. Need to watch it again soon.

nice shoop

>they're just made

This might be true now but within ten years, anything that isn't guaranteed to profit at least twice the budget wont get past the script.

ughhh vertigo, what a pleb
tbqh im suprised the weeb didnt namedrop chink shit

Unless Waller shows up in Justice League, bro. I have the blu-rays of all the DCEU. Seen Suicide Squad around four times.

zero

Literally fake news.

Good films by real filmmakers aren't made to be decoded, consumed or instantly comprehended. They're not even made to be instantly liked. They're just made, because the person behind the camera had to make them. And as anyone familiar with the history of movies knows all too well, there is a very long list of titles — The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, Vertigo and Point Blank, to name just a few — that were rejected on first release and went on to become classics. Tomatometer ratings and Cinemascore grades will be gone soon enough. Maybe they'll be muscled out by something even worse.

>whines to Lois about people thinking he's a god.
>does shit like this
Gee, really makes you think, Clark.

i liked bvs but i can't take this Sup Forums threads seriously. you're just as bad as the mcucks.

apologies. I have a firefox filter set up to change 'Point Blank' to 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'. Innocent mistake

When are we going to get a fucking torrent for mother! I live in Japan and no fucking way is that movie coming here.

Watch Man of Steel first, and go into it with the attitude that you're watching a science fiction movie, not "capeshit."

That's not what he voices to Lois, not even once. He's carrying that fear all on his own. Some things you just don't speak aloud.

Okay...

>secretly worried about people looking to him as a God
>pulls shit like this

didn't lex state that if superman goes to save his mom, they'll kill her immediately? he needed batman's stealth shit i guess

No, Lex said Superman only had an hour to kill Batman. Instead of killing him, Superman goes to get Batman's help to save his mom. Which of course raises the question of why Superman can't save his mother on his own.

youtube.com/watch?v=X7SiuQxhAjg

This scene is why BvS failed for me. The entire point of the movie was this fight and even with a two hour build-up Superman still had no reason to start beating up Batman.

>no reason

Except the one Lex gave him. Kill Batman and his mother would live. He's already decided Batman isn't a good person. He physically intimidates Batman to show how pointless the fight is at the outset, but then has to fight for his life when Kryptonite cokes out.

Should they really be fighting? Is it ultimately senseless? Yeah. But that's kind of the point.

seen it a total of 4 times.

>first viewing - its shit
>second viewing - its actually ok
>third viewing - this might be one of the greatest capeshit
>fourth viewing - its kino

>50 times, honestly.

Pretending to like this flick is the best meme this board has produced in years

lex wanted to show the world superman was not a god
for this, he had to prove 2 points : superman is either good or either immortal, not both
Sups kills batman --> he's not good
Sups gets killed by Batman --> he's not immortal

Im not pretending though

>autism : the post

3. Once in the movies, twice online (extended cut)
Absolutely hated it.
I hated it the first time, but i wanted to like it. A friend told me that the extended cut makes the movie from a 5/10 to a 10/10 in his eyes (it wasn't even a 2/10 in mine but anyway) so I watched it. Nope, still shit. I watched positive reviews and video essays praising it on YT in the hopes of finding something good with it and tried a third time. Nope, still shit. I'm really pissed that it turned out like the joyless (literally, it didn't excite me for a bit) mess of a plot (literally, the only character's choices that make sense is Alfred and Diana) eyesore (literally, too dark and too many overdone CGI scenes) it is.
BvS is AotC tier bad. And this is coming from someone who actively tried to like it.

No, Lex said, "If you kill me, Martha dies. If you fly away, Martha also dies," implying very heavily that he had eyes on the fight, whether he actually did or not. Given that he'd already hacked the Batcave at that point, and Alfred was able to eavesdrop on Bruce through his suit, well . . .

I understand Lex's motivation. What I'm saying is Superman went to Batman with the sole purpose of recruiting him to help save his mother. Everything Superman does from that point on should be to help his mother, but instead he starts punching the guy just because he is annoyed with him which in turn puts his mother in danger which is grossly out of character for Superman.

>BvS is AotC tier bad.

But Superman went to get Batmans help to save his mother anyway. This means that Superman WANTS to save his mother and DOESN'T want to listen to Lex. Which also means that Superman (for a reason that is never explained) couldn't rescue his mother on his own.

youre an idiot. read the post youre replying to.

Yes, I understand. My argument is that Supermans actions clearly show that he has every intention of going to rescue his mother. Correct?
So then why did he need Batman?

it's not that Sups is being "annoyed", it's just at this moments he understands Bruce can't be reasonable and won't listen to him, he will just try to kill him
so he decides to fight back

>pretending

The moment you're talking about is the moment he recognized the behavior he was witnessing, first in Mexico, last in the flood scene. It's him realizing that for him, holding himself apart from humanity is synonymous with holding himself above us, allowing people to turn him into an object of worship, a god.

Know the real problem with false gods? Sometimes you have to climb up to their level to drag them down. Sometimes you fall right along with them. That's the message of Wally's whole arc, beautifully foreshadowed in his monument scene.

Thus putting his mother at risk which goes against his established character traits. Superman has to act differently in order for the plot to progress. This is shoddy writing.

Not if he thinks someone might be watching.

Superman tries to ask for Batmans help, but gets interrupted by sound cannons and machine guns. If he thought someone was watching then why would he be trying to reason with Batman in the first place? Your comment makes no sense.

Because if he and Bruce can't come up with some plan together, him flying off from the fight just guarantees that Martha dies.

The best part is that it was an absolute ruse on Lex's part. Clark just didn't quite dare call his bluff with his mom's life on the line. Also, they shorted him somewhere in the neighborhood of half an hour. On purpose.

Comments he makes while taking out Bruce's defenses and continuing to advance on him, continuing to fight him, continuing to at least make a show of trying to kill him, all the while, it becoming less a show.

ok thx, gonna try

>Because if he and Bruce can't come up with some plan together, him flying off from the fight just guarantees that Martha dies.

Okay, let me clarify why this makes no sense. Superman showed up to ask for Batmans help. He obviously did not think that anyone from Lex was watching him or else he wouldn't have tried to get Batman's help in the first place. Because, if Superman thought someone from Lex was watching him then he'd know that this person would see Superman and Batman teaming up. If Superman thought that a spy seeing him leaving the fight alone would get his mother killed, he'd have to be an idiot to think that the spy wouldn't say anything if Batman and him left together. So clearly Superman didn't actually think someone was watching him.

one time
it was pretty but eh

This makes no sense. If they team up, then the spy would see Batman and Superman leaving without killing each other and then Martha is dead. Hell, this happens IN THE MOVIE and Martha doesn't die. Superman at no point thought he was being watched.

None, because I don't watch popcorn flicks for children.

If this is what you tell yourself so that the movie works for you, wow.

4 or 5 times at least.
I have a large REMUX encode. I play it whenever I test headphones or screens...

Kek. This won't convince someone to ignore the "capeshit" aspect of Man of Steel. You know it.

How is MoS a science fiction? MoS, at best, is a character study about what it means to be a hero. It largely fails at that but that's not the point. The science fiction elements of it only support the aforementioned theme; they don't take a central role.

15-20

3 times

I have watched it 3 times

>watching capeshit
>watching capeshit MORE THAN ONCE

At least 30 times, I have a home made gym and i always have some movie on the tv. BvS is my favorite

You really appreciate the craftmanship that's gone into it after multiple viewings. Absolute kino.

He thinks he has a little less than an hour. He also enters the fight thinking, rightly, that he could kill him in an instant if he's left with no choice. That changes the instant the kryptonite comes into play.

The only thing here that doesn't make sense is how you can't distinguish between being watched and being heard. Clark was told the consequences of leaving the fight, and he doesn't.

this, the people on here that genuinely say the director's cut fixes everything are deluded, it improves a bad movie SLIGHTLY, but it's still pretty shitty.

None times.

For exactly the reason I already mentioned. Lex wasn't actually watching the fight. At best, he was watching for Clark to depart for anywhere other than the ship where Lex was waiting.

1 (one).

Superman can move at incredible speeds. He goes to Lex even though his mother has already been captured. They did not even try to silence her. She is what a couple of blocks away from Luther. He can't even fucking sense his mother is in danger before he goes to see Lex.

Even so as soon as Lex started the I have your mother speel. Supes could of had her location and been there faster than Lex could call in any kind of action. When I first watched this and Lex goes into detail about having Superman's mother. I thought there was going to be something preventing Superman from sensing her or hearing her. But no she is just locked in a warehouse so Batman can kill some faceless goons.

>i heard a lot and this movie is controversial, spliting audience
It isn't, the only people who like it are morbidly obese neckbeards who wear shorts, no one else likes it.

They absolutely do take a central role - mankind's reaction to the existence of extraterrestrial intelligence, one that's superior to us in pretty much every conceivable way. Pa Kent was worried about it. Perry White was, too. That's one of the themes introduced in MoS that's explored in greater depth in BvS.

Another one is the way in which, under the right circumstances, anything can become an object of worship, even science.

>I thought there was going to be something preventing Superman from sensing her or hearing her. But no she is just locked in a warehouse so Batman can kill some faceless goons.

This, if Lex would have put her in a lead lined room or something I'd have no qualms, but as it stands Suprman goes to get Batman's help for no reason.

Chad checking in. I love this movie.

There was a scene that was cut where Superman'd try to listen for his mother and only get wave after wave of crimes that didn't get him nowhere. They cut it out because they felt it was too dark.

They did have her gagged for a good while. Also, super hearing isn't magical hearing. Whether they used a bullet or a flamethrower, she'd still be just as dead by the time the sound reached him.

>IMG_0963

Only spergs give a shit about mobile posters. You happen to be talking to someone who refuses to even abuse it like I could.

Once, the movie was a waist.

How would she be dead? they would not even know he was fucking coming. It is not like she was even far away. Superman not being able to tell his mother is in trouble from that distance or on the way there. Or when they captured her. The whole scene is idiotic and a massive plot hole. It is only there so Batman had something to do. Otherwise he was pretty much pointless for the rest of the movie.

Well then they Dun Goof'd.
I know because I back-traced it.

I also think it was stupid of them to cut it out.