Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1h5F72WodAY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stopped watching at episode 4

tell me what happened in a way that would make want to watch it

;)

*cough*
why are you talking about something that isn't blade runner 2049?

It's shit. Orville is superior in every way

>lasting this long.

Episode 5 is the best one because it focuses on Lorca and Klingons. The only two things of value in this shitty series.

I want the salty Fox shills to leave
Why are you all still here in a thread about a show you claim to hate? Denial.
"still watching this show gonna see how they fuck it up haha" pathetic bullshit

Not even watching anymore, just shitposting senpai.

They are though

>/STD/

>blade runner 2049
First time I hear of this, is this a new series?

Now that we finally got to see Burnham I hope everyone shuts the fuck up about her acting. She was fantastic this episode.

To know the whole time how hard her vulcan side is trying to contain her emotions, and seeing how subtley devastated she is by the danger Sarek is in, and by his memories, I can't think of anything I want more out of her acting.

Her last scene with Sarek drove it home - how she says father. It's such a complex role, such a complex relationship, and she just fucking nails the whole scene.

But Lorca stole the show again with his decision not to go after the admiral. He's been generous, protective, self-serving and manipulative all in the same episode, and none of it feels the least bit incoherent.

That image gave me an STD

Name a worse show than STD: Diversity

>you can't

you need to leave

How is STD worse when it puts past series in the trash where it belongs as the cast and creators of STD say?

I liked him better when he was Captain Hook, and went after Peters Wendy for reasons.

powerful.

He is good everywhere. Very charismatic.

This was a good way to picture the fight inside the mind.

/DISCO/

Which racist drew this? Look at Michael's ugly, straight wh*te girl hair. Destroying a nubian's weave should be a fucking hate crime.

Are you serious? Does someone actually pull their tits out on this show?

Tell that to Wendy
youtube.com/watch?v=1h5F72WodAY

>Logic is the way forward!
>We are ultra logical!
>To prove it, we will do the logical way of spreading our belief that will show everyone that our logic is superior.
>We shall become suicide bombers!

>Observations and musings on ep 5

Vulcan ship/shuttle exterior design seems decent. Obvious design elements recognizable from previous ST, mostly ENT. Interior is a bit odd but doesn't really stretch believability in any way.

Highly sophisticated holodeck tech prior to TNG... Need I say more?

Ash's history/record apparently checks out. Asumming he is Voq, then there probably used to be a "real" Ash. Hard to believe Klingon infiltrators could have planted enough data for a background check to turn up no anomolies.

Why did the Vulcan terrorist make such a big show of detonating himself and give Sarek so much time to react?

Tilly refers to the Klingon ship from last episode as a Bird-of-Prey. Still no clarification on that regard.

Background actors are in focus briefly during this messhall scene. At least one is visibly non-human (long blue hair).

Ash seems to take an immediate liking/acceptance of Burnham, even before she really has an opportunity to say or do anything. This seems odd since its been made fairly clear that the public opinion of her is very low.

Burnham runs as goofily in her dreams/mindmelds as she does in real life.

Tilly seems at least passingly knowledgable on Vulcan mysticism. This is noteworthy because despite being one of the founding races of the Fed, their "ways" are usually unknown by the general population.

Again, Dr. Culber is the one on duty in the medbay and/or assigned the medical task relevant to the immediate plot. This begins to strecth credibility.

The original mindmeld Sarek did on Burnham to save her when she was a child is touched upon, in an apparent attempt to clarify. It being more than just a "normal, everyday" mindmeld is good to hear, from a lore integrity standpoint.

The Vulcan admiral tells Lorca that the Vulcan High Council confirmed that Sarek's ship was sabatoged by a radical Vulcan faction. If they can't get any ships out to him, how did they do this?

If Discovery just got finished sporejumping, presumedly via using Staments as the "navigator," why does he have no puncture wounds in his sides?

Staments is acting odd. More credence to the theory of him coming back "wrong."

Stamants mentions "speed." Given previous examples of contemporary drugs in ST, it seems unlikely he would be aware of it, much less call it by its street name.

How would the "cosmic gases" get inside the ship, much less the sealed canisters, to interact with the spores? How in the hell are fungus spores so explosive?

On a second visit to Sarek mind Burnham witnesses a conversation between her past self and Amanda. How does Sarek have memory of this if he was not present?

Sarek's blood is green. Good attention to detail.

It seems unlikely Lorca could defeat multiple psych exams by simply lying, given the number of telepathic races present in the Fed/SF.

Again, Dr. Culber is the medical professional treating the plot specific issue. Given the importance of Sarek and additionally of his current mission, I would think that would be an assignment for the CMO.

Again, given Sarek and his mission's importance, why is Katrina not also in sickbay?

Why wouldn't Katrina remove Lorca from command before departing? Or, failing that, at least file a report/log given the potential danger in her current mission?

Why not just use Discovery to sporejump back to Vulcan, pick up another envoy and sporejump back to Katrina's ship?

Burnham is excessivelly open and "human" with Ash. She is no where near this with Tilly, a person who she has expressed a fondness for and has had time to build up a relationship with. This seems sudden.

Burnham does a lot of "eyebrow action" this episode.

Why was either side allowed to bring weapons to the peace talks? How did so many klangons sneak in without the Cancri knowing? Why is the room set up with klangon holoprojectors?

For what reason would Kol want a high level vulcan? Why is Katrina even better? Regardless, this plan is decided un-klingon.

How did the Klingons get past Katrina's "cruiser" and any ships the Cancri had?

The logic extremist don't want to "spread their beliefs." They're isolationists. They want to withdraw from the Federation and dealing with illogical races, and just live on their own planet, Vulcans only, no humans or Klingons allowed.

They tried to kill Sarek because 1. he's been pushing multiculturalism for years (has a human wife, has a half-human kid, fostered a human child and tried to get her into Vulcan Expedition Fleet) and 2. he's trying to set up an alliance with Klingons, an illogical race.

yeah man there's this scene with this chick and the captain pulls his cock out and shows her the full force of his Federation ideals if you know what I mean

great stuff

>Why wouldn't Katrina remove Lorca from command before departing?
Because she was going to let him get his affairs together, prepare the crew, and then step down as captain rather than just outright stripping him of his command. This is in part because they're fuckbuddies with a long history.

>Why not just use Discovery to sporejump back to Vulcan, pick up another envoy and sporejump back to Katrina's ship?
Oh yeah that's good and then some more Vulcan extremists can sabotage the time critical diplomatic mission.

You now realize Ash Taylor looks like a brown Wil Wheaton

>Why wouldn't Katrina remove Lorca from command before departing?

Because she loves him. This is obvious.

is it the patchy, grubby looking facial hair?

a young then.

it's the beard + weak chin. Especially when you look at him from the side.
>young
lmao

I keep thinking of Captain Steele from Black Hawke Down whenever he uses his American accent.

Wtf is that shit? The matrix? Hahahahaha

shouldn't the writers try to at least find the most logical way of enacting the terrorist plan if it was carried out by LOGIC extremists

>Throw away the legacy of Wiliam Shatner
Ok, I can see why sjw would like that
>and Patrick Stewart
Why?

You postet the exact same yesterday. You are

A. a shill
B. a troll
C. a turbo autist
D. all of the above

We can only guess, but I'll go with D

Shouldn’t Llorca’s surname be pronounced ‘Yorca’?

It’s the 22nd century, humanity should have gotten this stuff right by now.

It pisses me off that these characters combined got like one minute screntime so far. When the is the series gonna stop focusing exclusively on Michael and her fuccgal and explore secondary character like other star trek series did so well?

There are some people in this thread that actually pay for CBS All Access to watch this show.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The robot one is pretty hot. It's her eyes.

No because it's Lorca, not Llorca.

>Because she was going to let him get his affairs together, prepare the crew, and then step down as captain rather than just outright stripping him of his command. This is in part because they're fuckbuddies with a long history.
I had considered that (and that may in fact be the case). However, consider this: just prior to this she had decided that her duty to SF was more important than her feelings for him. She even made a big speech about leaving the most powerful ship in his hands (in the context of the war not going so well, this is obviously a VERY big deal). That's where my original question comes from. Her actions seemingly not matching her words. Maybe we will find out more soon.

>Oh yeah that's good and then some more Vulcan extremists can sabotage the time critical diplomatic mission.
Given the nature of the first sabatoge mission I seriously doubt they are fielding starships of their own. If they just jumped in, beamed just the envoy on board, and jumped out then there really isn't anything the extremists can do.

>Because she loves him.
See my first point to the other user

>This is obvious.
Agreed. I didn't mean to make it appear like I was discounting that.

>The logic extremist don't want to "spread their beliefs." They're isolationists.
They are more than just that. The suicide bomber specifically says humans are inferior; they are vulcan supremacists.

I really doubt you remember every post created on Sup Forums

It's logical from his point of view to attempt to stop Sarek from meeting the klingons.

However it shouldn't be logical for him to think that other vulcans will be emotionally swayed by his sacrifice. His death speech made no sense, he should've just killed Sarek as quickly as possible.

>torrents
>mega
>streaming
pick one

WE

Yeah, dropped it as any STD character I got besides Saru and thinking daily to drop that too since it remainds me of this nu-Trek garbage.

Giv Krill waifu

For sure, but there are still SOME that actually have used their credit cards to sign up for CBS solely for the purpose of watching STD.
That is the funniest shit every.

In fact, ny bad, i never got Lorcam but gay blonde dude, Tilly, klingon spy dude and Michael. Dropped them all, kept only Saru, but I'll drop him too. Episode 6 was just so unbearable.

>watching car wreck diversity

i stopped watching after episode 4 or whatever episode it was with the tardigrade powering the ship. when the gay science officer say "fuck" was too cringey for me and so out of place for ST. that paired with fat ugly pasty chick, its to corny in a bad way, no charm just cringe.

>Not liking Captain Lorca and Saru the vigilant

You choose your pain.

>Episode 6 was just so unbearable.

Episode 6 was literally the best episode .

Just finished 4. The casual and realistic depiction of gore makes me very happy. It's full on realism.

Normies don't pirate.

VULCAN HAS NO MOONS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Just finished 4

And the two best episodes await you yet.

>They are more than just that. The suicide bomber specifically says humans are inferior; they are vulcan supremacists.
Yes, that's true. They believe they are superior to all the illogical races, which is why they don't want to be in alliances with them.

Does the fat redhead allow internal climax?

>Normies don't pirate.
Jesus Christ.
You're either a troll of the highest craft, or a newfag so new that the page probably didn't even finish loading for you.

She was a fucking disaster, shill-kun.

hhnnnnnnnng

Explication ?

What if, before you post your glorious opinion, you watch the episode 6, the best episode so far ?

somebody post her Matrix webm

- fat acceptance
- "Logical extremists" to make people think extreme logic is a bad thing
- black ugly annoying bitch has "better scores than any vulcan"

The episode was garbage. The worst so far.

>Explication
Leaning on the troll side now.
But nah, seriously. I'm going to University, and it's basically openly discussed even accepted by the teachers that everyone just pirates all the study materials and software needed.
And I haven't heard a single person ask for instructions how to do it.
If you think you've entered some secret little world of 1337 H4X0R tech gurus when you first launched the latest botnet edition of uTorrent and downloaded an MP3 of Lorca's actor grunting into your headphones for you full STD viewing pleasure, you need to re-evaluate your world view.

>Noboy is discussing the plot
>Everyone either shits on it or on each other
The absolute state of star trek in 2017

are you trolling? episode 6 was the wors so far!!

> the plot
ok hows this

>Generic WAR!!
>Unlikable characters
>Drama!! Generic war!
>Bland villains
>We fight federation now.
>Shoot them!!!...Shoot them!!! I'M SCREAMING BECAUSE DRAMA!
Really makes you think.

That's Delta Vega mate.

You overestimate people. What you think is common, is not. People only visit 5 sites on the Internet (while there are probably billions). People may know what a torrent is but do not know how to use it.

I did not spend a single cent playing, watching a movie or series, or listening to music for at least 15 years. If most humans were like me, there would be no film, no games, no music.

>You didn't watch the episode but have an opinion

>It's me the troll

nah it was a 6/10 while the other episodes where 3/10 or so.

An incredible scene. Very spooky. You now understand his irrational behavior in the episode 6.

This is true, I've met people my age (mid 20s) that actually buy TV boxsets on iTunes, I'm pretty sure it costs like $20 per season, but I wouldn't know as I've never even gone close to it.

People are stupider than you think and don't know how to into downloads.

Surprised no one has made a groovy image macro yet

She'll probably do ass to pussy with a 4/10 if he's showered in the last three days and lets her have a cheesecake afterwards.

I have only seen the pilot two episodes. Tought it wasnt that bad, but there wasnt anything that would make want to watch more.

he knew it was a trap and sent her there to die, you idiot

Watch more, you won't be disappointed.

Yes and ? That's the " manipulative " part.

It improves a lot at episode 5 imo.

>show has unlikeable lead character you despise

you're right
i can't

Is Tilly some kind of spy or not? She is shady as fuck sometimes.