The Walking Dead Storytime Part 13 hype Edition

HAHA
time for Negan

Fuck yes..

Here we go

Poor Glenn

His last words

Didn't kirkman get a lot of flak for killing off him and abraham?

Yes he did. “I was very flattered by all of the response that we got,” Kirkman said. “It shows that people are still invested. I think the negativity surrounding that was unfortunate but I think people have been watching the show for six years and they’re entitled to their opinion. I’m happy with how things went and I know that we’ve got a great season seven coming up so it’s going to be cool.”

I wanted to start by talking about the major character death in The Walking Dead #100. Was it always the plan to kill this character in issue #100 or did it happen more organically?

Robert Kirkman: I had actually been planning to kill Glenn in issue #75, but felt that I had more to do with the guy. I found myself trying to shoehorn that into the storyline back when I was in the 60’s of the run. I plot what’s going to happen in the book, which people are going to die, and how they are going to die, but every now and then I throw myself a curve ball and change my mind.

The idea behind his death was just to portray it as such a random event. Negan is so dangerous because he can do anything to anyone at any time. To me it is terrifying to have a guy standing in front of you saying “I’m going to kill one of you.. I don’t know which one it’s going to be and I don’t really care…”

That’s horrifying and having Rick experience that and being powerless in front of this guy is really going to fundamentally change the book in huge ways. I think that makes Glenn one of the more important characters in the life of the series.

After having written Glenn for all of these years, was it difficult for you to kill him? Do you feel the same connection or more of a connection to the characters than the readers do?

Robert Kirkman: Yeah, it’s always difficult. It’s very hard for me to come to grips with the fact that I’m never going to write another Abraham or Glenn story. Or the fact that I haven’t been writing Tyrese or Axel, or even Shane who died very early on or Lori.

Both Charlie and I grow attached these characters and it affects us the same way it affects the readers. When I’m writing scripts, I actually do become upset and sometimes it’s nerve-wracking because I plot everything out and I know what’s coming. When I’m actually writing the script, I’m experiencing the story in real time to some extent.

When Charlie reads the scripts, he likes to keep things vague, so he doesn’t ask questions about what’s coming up. He gauges the series based on his reading of the script and how he experience it. He’s able to experience it fresh and it helps him move forward. It’s very emotional for all of us.

Looking ahead, do you know how you want Rick’s st

Gotta love how Rick thought these guys were all bark and no bite at first.

Pretty much this.

I love you Rick and so does Jesus.

HYPE