What the FUCK was going through their heads when they wrote this?

What the FUCK was going through their heads when they wrote this?

Was it pieced together from alternative plots?

Was there some sort of rule where each story had to justify the girls being super heroes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67flFO6AtDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>hating clowns
so what else is new

That even if you're "innocent", someone has to pay for the crime.

Looks like we got a clown apologist here, boys...
How bout you git back in ur tiny car and go back to the circus, HONKY!

It was just a joke. People take things too seriously. The same fuckers who complain about SJWs ruining cartoons by overthinking some aspects of them are doing the same.

I don`t think this joke could be done nowadays, or back in the eighties, but PPG was something of a groundbreaking show.

It's been forever since I've seen this episode, so my memory is super blurry, but did everyone being drained of color and emotion actually do much of anything beside make them feel like shit? Did anyone die? Was property damaged? Did the mime/clown steal something while people were apathetic?

I mean, what crime actually took place aside from being a fucking downer?
Again, I BARELY remember this episode so fuck me if I'm forgetting something huge.

It was a joke. In all honesty, it was very tamed compared to shit Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends pulled.

It's because the Powerpuff girls have no idea that he was just corrupted by THE HEART, and thus saw him as just another supervillain

They out of nowhere beat the shit out of a guy who was doing wrong only because he wasn't in his right mind.

It was meant to be mean-spirited.
They were able to pull it off in that way that made it funny.
There are numerous other occasions where they were needlessly brutal and violent, but that was part of the humor. It's not for everyone. I guess it wasn't for you. But I loved it.

I think the main thing that bothered people is that before they beat the shit out of him, he returned to normal and thanked them for bringing his color back.

That's what made it funny.

See

how about me and my three dozen friends pile into your wife's vagina?

It was just funny.
You think he gets cured and everything works out fine and then BAM, straight to jail. Classic comedy turn.

One of the writers said they literally had no idea how to end the episode. It was just originally meant to be a feelgood musical episode, but the ending didn't feel right to them.

>Was property damaged?
Bubbles' crayons and intelectual properity is regards to music and art.

It wasn't done because it was "funny", it was done because executives forced them to have the "bad guy" at the end of every episode back then get punished.

That usually wasn't a problem, but for special cases like this, it was.
Hell, he even ends up working for one of their parties in a later episode, so the writers themselves clearly didn't agree with it.

>all these people upset at the ending
Did you all forget that he was at the Powerpuff's birthday party? Dude was in jail for like a month max, and that's perfectly reasonable considering nobody knew anything about what had happened to him, for all they knew Mr. Mime might resurface at any given moment.

The joke was that they were overly violent
There is an episode when mojo watches over the girls to steal something but instead they make his life such a hell that he ends up just trying to survive it
It ends up with him calling the police and begging to get arrested and when he is cuffed the girls still beat him up even tho he is cuffed, even do he didn't do anything wrong
And the episode ends up with mojo beaten to a pull asking why

No they don't you psycho

I get how the joke was supposed to work but that doesn't mean it did work.

This.

Hell, then only reason I ever found it "funny" was due to

>They were able to pull it off in that way that made it funny

Apparently not if people are still bitching about it to this very day.

How are they supposed to know that he's not just bullshitting them to avoid a beating

>There are numerous other occasions where they were needlessly brutal and violent, but that was part of the humor. It's not for everyone. I guess it wasn't for you. But I loved it.
This.

>ywn see a live-action Powerpuff Girls movie directed by Paul Verhoeven

>The joke was that they were overly violent
And their violent tendencies could easily flit between funny and horrifying.

Remember the candy episode where they fucking beat Mojo Jojo to near death? And the second they showed Mojo Jojo's broken body it became clear that the girls were absolutely NOT in the right?

The joke is that you're responsible for your own actions even while under the influence of an external force.

>Apparently not if idiots are still bitching about it to this very day.

That's fixed it.

No charge.

The joke is that even though he was evil against his will he was beaten up as if he was. It came out of nowhere and got the viewers by surprise.

It's a joke OP. While there's some writing that can go to far, Sup Forums seems to get extremely thin skinned with "muh meanspiritdness" which is insane considering most, if not arguably all, comedy derives from pain.

Characters having to pay for their actions is a recurring joke in the series. In fact one of my favorite jokes in the show was in an episode where Blossom steals some golf clubs for the Professor for fathers day which leads to a domino effect of worse things that leads to the town getting destroyed. At the end the Professor and Blossom having a touching talk about how no matter what he'll always love her. Blossom asks if she's forgiven and the Professor says of course she is they make up and are happy.

Then the mayor walks in and essentially says "Hell no, are you crazy? You destroyed the whole town, you're gonna pay for this!" and the scene cut to Blossom doing community service.

I heard the network forced them to do it.

>most, if not arguably all, comedy derives from pain
I hate this meme.

You're justified.

It was most likely the first joke was someone getting hurt, you wuss.

A bunch of 20-something guys fresh out of college make a show about little girls being unnecessarily violent because they think it's funny, and constantly try to see how much they can get away with.

Now who could do such a thing?

Does anyone actually like clowns?

But gains, hotdigglydiggity says that the point of PPG was just to be and edgelord cartoon show that was meant to show shit kinds were not supposed to see in cartuuuns.

Em AI right with you GAAAAAAAAAIIIISSS?!!?

No it wasn't and I am not that Enter guy, it was idiotic and horrible.

They said they did that due to a unspoken policy of "the girls niid turn beat pepul all the taiiiiiiiimmm".

Then again this was just an American cartoon show that just wanted to be edgy for the sake of being so, it's not like an anime from the 70s or 90s

If I would write that show, it would make a follow up episode with the girls facing with the consequences of that action in a shin Godzilla type of way.

Heck, have HIM taking advantage of that, built a story arc about it.

Welp, that's what happens when you write a show like this Say what you want about nuPPG and yes, that reboot was garbage, but is not like the original has totally aged well in some aspects.

Wasn't really funny, though, was it?

I know people love mimes and the jokers is arguably the most famous villan, so there is a market for clowns.

It is called COMEDY

>What the FUCK was going through their heads when they wrote this?
it's humor steming from "cute thing fucks up everything". problem is the clown was brain washed.

Toothless isn't a murderer user! It was mind control and totally ok for hickup to be friends with his father's murderer who within the span of 20 minutes proved mind control doesn't work on him if he doesn't want it to

Oh it was.

A bunch of

PUSSIES!

Clowns are people, too.

It was just sadistic comedy

its mostly aged bad because it didnt have the best animation plus it was a childrens cartoon so the dialoge is pretty mild for adult, contrary to what internet charlatans say kids and adults do like different things

It wasn't funny though.

always hated that about that kids movie

I have no idea what you are trying to communicate.

>Breasts

UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN
QUICK
GET THE NICE TO REMOVE THEM

> plus it was a childrens cartoon so the dialoge is pretty mild for adult

yeah characters didn't constantly say "fuck" so that means it was for children even though craig has said multiple times that they just made whatever they wanted to

But it is. Even to this day

People without a sense of humor shouldn't watch comedy or post here

>All these people who don't think mean-spiritedness can be funny if done right
CHANGE THE CHANNEL Sup Forums

Bump

BENDY IS THE FUCKING WORST.

THE.

WORST.

Would Foster's Goes to Europe be an example of a mean spirited episode gone wrong? Because FUCK that episode

He deserved it. The dumb fuck walked into the middle of the road, causing a wreck and almost killing a truck driver. And he posts "burn the coal pay the toll" threads on Sup Forums.

(He didn't take it personally apparently, he was in "Birthday Bash" in the backround.)

Oversensitive morons aren't people. They're degenerates.

"Kids love lowbrow, graphic violence" and "I can believe people think it's a girls show"

Eurotrish is still my favorite one-off gag of the series.

There are clowns (performers trained in slapstick, pantomime, and comedy acrobats) and people dressed as clowns (cheap children's entertainers, weirdos, pedophiles)

He'll get his revenge soon enough.

I do.
Clowns are fun.

And sometimes sexy, but I know when to separate fetish from real life.

>There are numerous other occasions where they were needlessly brutal and violent

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=67flFO6AtDg

The girls are sadistic, that's the whole joke of the show, they beat the clown up because it was funny

>ITT: Tumblrites complaining about a show becuase muh feefees
If PPG (not the reboot) were to come out today, hell, as it was originally "whoopass Girls" it would be seriously shunned for mis treating girls as monsters because of "muh violence". I wish sociality would fucking get nuked alright ffs.

My late grandmother laughed at the part where the clown sang.

She reminds me of a cousin of mine if only because of the teeth.

>feefees
u wot m8

Is he fine?

Not really Sup Forums, but what did you guys think of PPGZ?

Hey Gropey!

From what little I've seen of it I can honestly say it's not as good as the original. They made it mahou shojo with those transformation scenes.

Is it worth trying to watch if I've got too much time on my hands?

I found it cute. But it's very diferent from the original.

There was a time when I thought this was the worst they could do to the Powerpuff girls

>Tumblr doesn't understand comedy
And now we know why the reboot sucks so much
Seriously did you see them twerk? We all know what the real reason it sucks so much is

I'm a circus performer and everyone here dislikes them

>Tumblrites
>he says as he literally blogposts
one of a kind.

you're a fucking retard

>But it's very diferent from the original.

Yeah I know it's a magical girl sorta show. I'll add it to my list after Precure.

You circus too? So there is you, Gropey and myself.

Which show, and what do you do?

Why the fuck do autists take everything so god damn seriously?

>Mr. Enter
>BAAAWWWWW ITS MEAN SPIRITED

Can an autist even tell if something is mean spirited?
They lack the ability to recognize emotion and reaction with others.

Not all Autism is Asperger's.

Toss juggling, main act is daggers

Used to do teach budgies tricks too, but we can't use them anymore

Also used to perform with fire juggling balls but we can't do that either

So what show are you with?

and female writers keep ruining tv shows
but at least i can be subtle about it
you dick choking mongolid tard

I lit just emailed this thread to you. Circusmind, activated

Rather not say, why?

Asperger's is no longer a valid place name, it's all been merged into the same area and a defining characteristic of autism is lack of social tact and being unable to recognize outside emotions from one's own ego. I guess it's a spectrum thing now.

You sound full of shit.

Just curious to the veracity of your claim.

Timestamp and throws related.

Translation:

Okay I'm away but I do have my yoyo throw with me

When did 'blogpost' come to mean anything you disagree with?

So just fess up bro, its not like they can track you. I am RB&BB college grad, Cole Bros pedigree and have toured with The Bellini Circus and numerous smaller shows, as well as the vaudeville and burlesque circuit.

Hit me up. [email protected]

They thought, "this is funny!" and it was.