Post Sup Forums triggers

Post Sup Forums triggers

>Dan Slott's Guide to Writing

I don't get it.

Sup Forums can't deal with conflict in writing

triggered. Lazy writing is the worst.

A personal trigger to me is people saying Superman was the first superhero.

I don't understand, that's a perfectly acceptable and rudimentary infographic about the basics of writing.

exactly

It's cheap lazy tactics for creating "tension". Slott's Spider-Man is full of this. Characters grow through successes and failures, not just repeated failures. It makes the reader feel good when a character they relate to or are attached to has something good happen to them.

The most basic structure of storytelling is an arc, in which your character starts happy, has something crazy happen to them that eventually leads to a plateau of badness, and then rises back up to them winning.

He was, depending on your definition. "Vigilante with powers" is kind of a bit too broad and would extend back as far as serialized fiction. The things that separate the superhero from what came before are things Superman brought to the table: a full costume (not just a mask), fighting in broad daylight instead of creeping around at night, fighting supervillains (though that came later on) and mad scientists from the scifi genre instead of just mobsters and crooks. Superman can be seen as the dividing line between pulp heroes and superheroes.

Kate
Beaton

>Superman can be seen as the dividing line between pulp heroes and superheroes.
I always thought he was what happens when you take John Carter off of Mars (the "leaping a tall building with a single bound is pretty obvious"); dress him up like a circus strong man in tights and a cape; and make him into progressively more and more of a Mary Sue (did I say "leaps tall buildings"? Fucking, nigger can straight FLY, man! Also super speed. And cold breath. And heat rays. And X-Rays. And Super hearing. And ... ).

That's an interesting way to look at it.

Most of Sup Forums doesn't even remember why they were supposed to be mad at her unless she did some new thing.

Honestly if the worst thing you do online is spazz out at some guy acting mildly creepy you're a better person than me and 99% of the people posting here.

>not just repeated failures
The infographic never implies that you should always follow those rules, though.

Doctor Occult

there are homos in this aren't there
>people thinking homosexuals didn't exist in the 50s because they were not depicted in popular culture i.e. there's no gay people in Grease

>Homos
Excuse me you fucking shitlord, they're pan,demi, and asexual you fucking cis male.

Sup Forumsmblr will be triggered, but I'll be celebrating.