/STD/

Old:

Based STD poster.

First for lorca being best boy

Fuck off tripnigger

The creators of STD showed last ep that they are using mirrors to travel to the mirror universe perhaps where they are trapped making this a mirror timeline.

I still can't get over the fact that Clem Fandango is now a part of the show.

This isn't the appropriate thread. /DIS/ was made minutes before this one. Please stop trying to divide the Star Trek community.

Saru makes alot more sense as a character if as theorized by trekperts that he is actually a plant, hence the being grown and people bred with an organic sense.

did he plan it?

So he's Groot?

>Sorry to interject into all of your circlejerking and baitposting but I had a question. I've seen it mentioned in these generals that there has been holoemitter technology in star trek in the time before TNG. Where has this been shown at? I know of that one episode in ENT where Tucker gets pregnant from a species that has holotechnology but that isn't the federation. Are their any others?
There is actually a good webm of this showing how on STD they have not only holoemitters but its more advanced than even TNG which changes everything we thought we knew about the trek.

it would explain the plant like projections that not only grow out of his head but like a plant that can sense sunlight, he can sense death.

What other thread?

Of course he did. He's a sociopath.

Watch the webm closely. Her phaser has no charge. Lorca planned it.

Naw, he's just not gonna bother to rescue her unless ordered to do so, he knows that her being alive is a threat to his career.

that command wrap is awesome af.

At first I thought it was stupid looking, but after a few eps, I realized I wouldnt have it any other way, it really stands out.

Nice to know the Sup Forums moderators have sided with the Sup Forums shitposters who mock the Star Trek name.

I don't know why I expected different from this forum.

animated series if you consider that canon

Please, keep your std baby bullshit if you want but write Star Trek Discovery in your first post the next time.

>I don't know why I expected different from this forum.
You can leave now. Never come back.

The quick cuts are so confusing. Were the neutral aliens dead all alone? Or did the Klingons execute them suddenly? If they were already dead then why did they fall down? If they were still alive why not warn the humans?

I'm so confused.

I know some people didnt like TAS but I thought the stories were great and I do think their canon right?

Seems alot of people didnt like the repeat animations, but all the original voices and all that, I never even noticed the repeats honestly.

You don't even require login information, lol. This Sup Forums is the easiest subreddit I've ever posted in. You can never make us leave.

I love how you can see the lights turn on in his brain as Michael is talking about how no one can make it to the peace talks.
>Yeah, let the admiral handle it
If they kill off based Lorca, I'm not watching this shit anymore.

Pretty sure its canon but when does it take place? before TOS or after is the bigger question.

They came up behind and stabbed them, was really quick

Yesterday they did the same thing, delete the perfectly legit /DISCO/ thread.

It's ok. Star Trek Discovery is a big success.

Where specifically in TAS? I'm trying to track down where it is demonstrated.

You obviously lack the 19 year olds' schizotypical attention span and non-linear narrative dysphasia. Clearly not the target audience.

I don't have to do anything. Your shitty opinion will be mocked forever until your fragile ego is shattered and you leave on your own. Unless you're paid to be here?

You know, my shelf of St paper backs, my technical manuals, the massive Enterprise D that graces my shelf hovering protective over my smaller models of the E the A and yes, even a a nice set of runabout's around a Defiant Class I repainted to say USS Wasp, my Klingon armor in my closet the bat'leth on it's stand near my door and yes, even my enterprise pizza cutter and collection of old convention tags all let me know that for not liking Discovery, not hating it, but really liking it means I am not a true fan of Star Trek.
Damn, what have I been doing all my life? I need to start on that Jedi outfit . .

I actually find the cartoon visually more consistent and watchable than the live action one, it doesn't have cheap sets and special effects standing out and distracting from everything else for one thing.

Where?

Lorca is honestly the only thing keeping me still invested in this show. He definitely suspected foul play, and not intervening is as close to killing her as ethically possible.

This series will be completely redeemed if Lorca remains captain and creates Section 31.

You think you're so big, that you're so tough. You're such a heroic keyboard warrior, defending your Sup Forums from the outside.

We're laughing at you in your little child's playpen. You're the punchline. Not us.

i dunno about deleting, but I cant take /DISCO/ over STD seriously its just feels like it turns the show into a joke because of how silly it sounds. STD is shorter which is a plus and without the / writing disco like, I love disco, would confuse people, compared to I love STD, for example.

I tried it out but went back to STD, maybe it will grow on you too like the show did for millions of real Trekkers.

It takes place immediately after TOS but before the movies.

I also have the transporter pad coasters that light up and make the ToS sound effect.

>You can never make us leave.
user, dont you get it?

Your here forever now :D

>is not a fan of current Star Trek
>calls himself a Star Trek fan

Disappointing. Bewildering. Insane.

Section 31 was written into the Articles of the Federation . . it already exists . . oh wait thats only according to DS9 . . sorry I was thinking this was all in continuity again.

I was going bid on some of those. But I already got my Federation totally NOT UN ripoff coasters.

Are you proud of yourself for knowing this factoid?

DISCO is official. In fact, the shuttles are named DISC01 DISC02 DISC03.

But i don't care, i just want the first post to have Discovery in, for easy search on the catalog.

I know right? You have to accept all of a thing to like a thing. If you hate even a part of yourself it means you hate yourself. Basic stuff here.

Were not trapped in here with you. Your trapped in here with us.

uhhhh not official, last I checked the fan base doesnt take orders from CBS corp, only shills do.

STD will be referred to as DIS years from now when it's no longer on the air so you faggots who get butthurt over STD should just put up with it for now

Wow, Space man spiff here has already become a overused straw man. That was quick even by fourchan standards.

The fan base literally pushed for DISCO and CBS loved it.

I'm so glad that /DIS/ is doing so well. It's totally worth picking CBS All Access for it. They're at least continuing this show for the next few years too.

>We're laughing at you
Who's "we"?

Fake.

what did he mean by this

You know Star Trek Discovery is a success when you have fan arts of this quality.

autism

>oh wait thats only according to DS9
And ENT

and people actually argue that there are no cbs shills trying to force the DIS/DISCO moniker

branding is a huge part of these internet nerd brands, PR is a huge deal to them

Snoreville on suicide watch.

one issue i have with the narrative of progress around this show the total ignorance of the past continuity, just one example is the with the complete changing of the character of the Vulcan Sarek, father of the original series Spock- from totally logical and coldly distant from his own son barely even acknowledging him as his son when he meets him in the next generation, but apparently beingso emotionally invested in his adopted human daughter to the point where he says revenge's A-okay as is being the first to fire in a conflict. these things reneging entirely on the concept of vengeance is illogical and the pacifist nature of the Vulcans.

this series of Star Trek seems to be based enitely around Michael, which is completely out of line with other Star Trek series which largely focus on the general exploits of the crew as a whole, often with individual members being the main subject of an episode and then the focus shifting to another for next week's installment allowing us to build up a deep understanding and connection to each member of the crew.

Hollywoods latest tactic for dismissing criticism is to place an ethnic minority and/or woman in the product as a main facet and then shout racism on misogyny if people don't like it. with no characters for the majority of the star trek audience to relate to, instead with std we're confronted with the marketing of misogyny, the idea that if you put a woman in something this somehow means the product is above criticism because anything bad said about the product is inherently alt-right. a pattern the audience has been subject to long enough that they've learned to recognise it as Hollywood SJW progressive politicking nonsence attempting to force diversity and acceptance down our throats.

Is Star Trek: Discovery finally proof that Star Trek can succeed with a African-American woman cast as the main character? I'm proud that Star Trek fans (old and new) can look past the colorblind casting and embrace the shows diversity.

everyone including the media use STD

CBS just keeps shifting every week since noone likes what they choose user.

You do all realized the STD stuff is most a thing because of the ire it raises from the one's how don't like the STD thing, yes?
It makes people happy to see other bent out of shape going about it's 'DISCO and DIS . . take it seriously' . . right?

I mean i would think it goes without saying, it's a troll thing and the moment you leave it alone and let them 'win' this stupid thing they will also loose, yes?

> It's impossible to love Star Trek Discovery, they must pay you millions of dollar

I can't help but see this as one destructive behavior leading to another destructive behavior and also becoming a somewhat self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. progressives forcing a certain kind of people into a role just to avoid criticism or objections as well as pushing some obvious narratives and agenda, thus somewhat fulfilling the expectations of the creators in many ways this social polarization also mirrors the increased political polarization that is currently happening overall.

Despite the second failed attempt to turn star trek into some manner of action film with goofy camera angles explosions and a lens flare present in every single frame, my main problem is the fact that it's locked behind a pay-wall, in an effort to milk every last nickel and dime from the consumers they expect people to sign up for for yet another streaming service in order to pay up for the entertainment abortion that is Star Trek discovery.

>there are people who are watching the abomination that is big mouth the one show with the talking vagina
christ

You know The Last Airbender movie was a success when you have art of this quality.

>It's totally worth picking CBS All Access for it.
Or you could just pirate it for free like everyone else.

Yeah I'm sure they won't samefag as the "other side" so they can argue with strawmen.

You do realize that's still just third party info from a company that's trying to sell it services to companies like CBS, right? Also that it's based on 'hype' and not views, right?

>the independant

They are like the "How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?" . They have no connection with us, Star Trek fans, they talk about Star Trek Discovery because they are told to.

The " brand " The last airbender is a success, not the movie.

what did he mean by this?

You know, I am wondering, how do you, I mean you personally see Discovery fitting in with the cannon? How will they justify all the tech changes with what we've seen on Enterprise and ToS?

I also have a mini-Theramin.

Lots of shitty things have good quality fanart. Talent exists across all fandoms.

user, he gets paid to shill the show, he only thinks, says and writes what CBS wants him to.

Avatar is a success. They had to change the name of the movie because of the other Avatar.
And that movie not only killed Shamalans career it also killed the movie franchise they wanted and pushed back the sequel series for a couple more years.

Give us examples, maybe we can answer. The holodeck ? The spore drive ? The holo-communicator ?

*Theremin

(shhh, I'm trying to get some spoilers)

Not of this quality.

>unironically calling a show STD

what's next? Home Improvement Vendetta?

ohhhh
carry on then, my man
SO HOW ABOUT THAT SPOCK, SURE HOPE HE SHOWS UP SOON : - )

wait for it

SJW's are all art school graduates, of course they're going to make art for this SJW pandering shit fest.

Adventures
In
Discovery
Show

All of those really.
A vast network of subspace creatures should have come up a few time in TNG and DS9.
The holodeck was a new thing in TNG, Riker is surprised at it in the Pilot episode.
And subspace commutation is shown to be difficult in DS9 they sent text messages mostly in TNG and DS9 having to make special arrangements to even talk face to face.
Yet in Discovery they can send mid battle holograms that look better than they ever did, talk easily over light years, project like a holodeck . .
I mean, how do they tie this in with what is already known?

>sarek is different
Completely agree. Even more damning evidence of him having emotions was in ep5 where he literally says he is feeling a great amount of shame even though just earlier in the episode he made a point to state that shame was a very human thing to experience ie. not-vulcan.

>new show changed to focus on one character
This isn't an inheritly bad thing. I'm by no means saying the current execution is being done well, but there is nothing wrong with shifting the dynamic away from what has been done in the past. A comporable example would be DS9 shifting to taking place on a station as opposed to a ship.

>Hollywood is using minorities as a shield
Completely true and not at all a new approach

The new cbs streaming service is not there as a result of discovery. Its something cbs (and other content providers) have been planning and developing since Netflix has been raking in as much as they have. Star Trek just got used as a bargaining chip to help cbs get a leg up on the competition. Look at Disney pulling all their ip of Netflix for more evidence of this. This is also why Netflix has started producing original content themselves. They don't want to get left with nothing to stream on their streaming service.

Copy
Of
Previous
Discoveries

Enterprise
Dysfunction

superior
trap
dick

I love how the characters all talk like high school students. Unlike other trek shows, they reflect how REAL people behave.

>A vast network of subspace creatures should have come up a few time in TNG and DS9.

Space is vast. really vast.

>The holodeck was a new thing in TNG, Riker is surprised at it in the Pilot episode.

We will see in the futur of Discovery, maybe it's just a simple holodeck, not as complex as the TNG one. But we are sure they are not recreation holodecks.

>And subspace commutation is shown to be difficult in DS9

Subspace communication was always a thing

>holograms

No explication for this.